Queen Margherita Pizza- Leslieville
1402 Queen St E
Toronto, ON M4L 1C9Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Queen Margherita Pizza- Leslieville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.queenmargheritapizza.ca/index.html
- Phone: 4164666555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am, Sunday: 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Queen Margherita Pizza- Leslieville
Queen Margherita Pizza is pleased to have you come and drop in any time for authentic Italian cuisine at its finest, however to ensure that we are able to accommodate your party, we recommend you reserve your seats ahead of time. Whether you are planning a large dinner party for 20, a romantic dinner for 2 or simply a relaxing dinner alone. We look forward to serving you in our restaurant soonContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Queen Margherita Pizza- Leslieville - Best Restaurants in Leslieville ›
Queen Margherita Pizza- Leslieville reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (30)kid-friendly (30)great for lunch (12)special occasion (10)hot spot (10)romantic (8)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Always reliablesam88Dined on 9/12/2014Queen Marg is always a safe bet; you just know it's going to be amazing every single time. It was quite busy this visit, so our server was overly attentive, but it didn't take away from the experience much at all.Special Features:
- QMP is the pizza kingVictorHugoDined on 9/1/2014QMP really does an excellent job of providing you the best pizza in Toronto in my humble opinion. I reckon its almost as good as the pizza that we had in Tuscany a few years back. For those who want an excellent pizza experience YOU must try QMP.Special Features:
- Great food, great space. Try ItAllThingsCheeseDined on 8/23/2014I've been to this restaurant twice and loved it both times. Growing up in an Italian household, I have got very high standards for pizza and this place defiantly nears the top of my list for wood oven pizza in TO. Great atmosphere for a casual meal with friends/family or a cosy dinner with that special someone. Will have to give the other locations a try, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood pizza jointRobbieDined on 8/18/2014This spot has established itself as one of Toronto's reliable new wave pizza joints. Well prepared food, decent little wine selection, and not hard to get a table. A good option in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Pizza's were great but took forever- very slow. Otherwise service was fine & atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placeEasterneaterDined on 7/27/2014Queen Margherita is a great local spot and was perfect for a couple of families to meet and have a casual dinner. Service was excellent, and the food was really quite good. We all shares plates of appetizers - rice balls and salads. The pizzas were piping hot and very good. If you are looking for Neapolitan pizza, the competition is probably Libretto on Danforth and their pizza is a shade better. Still, we will Margherita as a place for families who still want terrific food. (While we were there, there was one table with a couple out for a dinner a deus, and another table with two little girls dressed as princesses. Both tables were equally comfortable there.)Special Features:
- Great PizzaJFHTorontoDined on 7/26/2014I have heard on many occasions the quality of the pizza at Queen Margherita; let's say I was not disappointed. The service was fantastic; I definitely will return.Special Features:
- Consisitently excellentDBBBDined on 7/26/2014We enjoy coming to Queen Margherita Pizza in Leslieville. The ambiance is appealing, the service excellent but best of all, fantastic pizzas. And the three course fixed menu is an excellent deal.Special Features:
- Too much char!ItalianfoodieDined on 7/16/2014The food is always good at Queen Margherita'a Pizza but, this time there was too much char on the crust. I understand the crust blackening on the crust as part of the wood burning experience...but not when you have to cut away a good part of the pizza to avoid the burned taste. I have eaten their before and will go again...but from now on will ask that they be careful not to burn the crust.Special Features:
- Authentic7minFranDined on 7/12/2014No bells and whistles here, it's rustic ambience matches the authenticity of the food. Staff and meal was amazing.Special Features:
- addicted to their Giovanni pizza!eatemupDined on 7/9/2014Absolutely the best pizza i've ever eaten in Toronto. (Hope I spelled the name of my fave pizza correctly in the review title!!) The prix fix for lunch is a bargain - $22 for 2 courses or $29 for 3. Yum yum :) Their had been some slight changes to the menu since I was in last and my usual fave (Giovanni - arugula, proscuitto) wasn't on the menu but the chef made it for me. Can't get better than that!Special Features:
- Birthday party of 12 Friday NightHappyBirthdayGirlDined on 7/4/2014This place is fantastic. I went here for my birthday on Friday and they were super laid back about my modifying the reservation a couple of times. Chris kindly took care of us and all the other staff were great. The caprese salad's were fresh, the pizza's were gorgeous, as was the vino. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- meh....CharleyDined on 7/4/2014Underwhelmed........have tried many times to get a table, and then was finally successful. Pizza was good, ingredients seemed fresh, but crust was soggy. The service was great and so was the waiter. Not sure if I'll return.Special Features:
- Menu Favorites gone :(DblDeeDined on 7/2/2014The menu has been paired down so much that they're isn't enough choice. They used to have the the best dessert (Nutella mousse) and now it's going. Please add some of the variety back into you menu.
- Going downhillLCEBDined on 6/27/2014Used to be a favourite despite the noise level. This time grumpy server from the start, no more changing table d'hôte with interesting appetizers and desserts, much too large ordinary cesar salad for first course, were not warned that our favourite pizza was now very spicy (same name with a "2" is not enough warning), not offered coffee with dessert. Will have to find a new favourite.
- Great pieseasyeatsDined on 6/20/2014The pizza never disappoints, and that's why we go.Special Features:
- DawnDined on 6/17/2014Dined there for the first time with friends. It was thier recommendation. The food was very good and the service was very nice. I would certainly return and recommend it to my friends. Added bonus: I always appreciate not having to go to a damp, musty smelling basement to use the restroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with babiesKidinthebeachDined on 6/14/2014We've now been to Queen Margherita for dinner on Mother's Day and Father's Day. We booked a bit later (around 9pm) with our 4 month old baby (who was asleep in his carseat) and it was perfect night out for some tasty food. The staff are excellent and very accommodating. It made for a lovely evening out on a special occasion to celebrate our first Fathers Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple done RightjustgraduatedDined on 6/13/2014Been wanting to check this place out for a few years. Went with a party of 5 at 6:00 P.M. and was shocked to initially see how small the restaurant was. I was relieved to see there was an additional section where they have the pizza coming out of the stone oven with a large area comfortable for larger groups with a nice view out the restaurant. Ordered the prix-fixe salad with the grilled octopus - first time, I'd definitely have it again. Pizzas ordered: 1) The rocco - loved the cheese, but it's an acquired taste. 2)Alla Campagnolo - Simple, tasty but worth trying others. 3) La Scala - my personal favourite. Sweet with a small kick. 4) Calabrese - Meat dominant flavoured but definite contender for repeat pizzaSpecial Features:
- AwesomeJennanderinDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant is always great. The food is always a hit. The prix fixe menu is well worth it with inventive salads and desserts that change regularly to compliment the pizzas they have on the permanent menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only one flawwellfedhousewifeDined on 5/25/2014Having been at Queen M. two weekends in a row, I noted that the basic tomato sauce on the individual pizzas is somewhat bland and sloppily applied. Wood fired crust, gourmet toppings, grilled vegetables, dessert, wine, etc. were amazing, so the sauce (which reminded me somewhat of Campbell's Tomato Soup in condensed form) was disappointing. I will go for blanco next time. Everything else at the restaurant was amazing, especially on Mother's Day, when the staff treated us (two middle aged moms sans children) with impeccable courtesy and skill.Special Features:
- The following 185 reviews are from the Queen Margherita Pizza- Leslieville reviews archive.
- Live, love,eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Amazing as always. Can get very loud at times and conversation can be difficult. Probably because of the high exposed ceilings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceMookieDined on 5/10/2014We have been to Queen Margherita before and the second time did not let us down! Great service - very attentive and friendly waitstaff. Great with the kids. Food was very good - very good pizza selection and quality. Limited appetizers, but there is something for everyone. Good drinks. Will be back.Special Features:
- FantasticIzzieDined on 5/9/2014Great food, great decor ans mostly great service. I will add it to my list of favorites!Special Features:
- Amazing as always!!!sylvrgirlVIPDined on 5/1/2014We keep returning time and time again, as this is the best and most authentic "pizza napoletana" in Toronto. Been to the other places and this one for the dough is the closest and absolute winner. The prix-fixe at Leslieville is such a hot deal, that you can't pass it up. Fantastic deal, pizza, cocktails and atmosphere. It's a fun place, crowded and everyone's eating the pizza with such gusto! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Awesome FoodNewYorker101Dined on 4/25/2014We had never heard of this place until my husband and I saw it on a random TV show. We liked the look of the restaurant and the one pizza we saw briefly on the screen looked very appetizing. We are so glad we went to QMP, the food was amazing. The pizza full of fresh ingredients and the tiramisu was to die for. In general the service was fantastic and the attention from our waitress was impeccable. As a New Yorker, finding good pizza is always a challenge, but QMP delivered and I'm happy to say we'll be going back very soon and recommending to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerrichardDined on 4/23/2014Good food. Good service. Would recommend to add a pasta chef for a little bit of variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2014We consider ourselves very lucky to have a great place like QMP in the Jane and Annette area which we frequent many times and have not been disappointed ever. We decided to venture from there to the Leslieville QMP to "test it out". We had a family night with our young children and just like Jane and Annette, the food was amazing, the service was excellent, and the place while different than Annette was just as cool - great for the family and great for a date night. In fact, by being different it made it special. The price was reasonable - you get waht you pay for and we got quality. Now we have 2 great QMPs to choose from - luck us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As delicious as alwayssmorge01Dined on 4/20/2014Best pizza in Toronto. Gorgeous sun-filled room. Love QMP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningbrooklynvisitorsDined on 4/17/2014We really enjoyed our evening at the restaurant; we had friends visiting from Brooklyn, NY, and they were impressed with the ambience and food. We had 4 kids with us from age 5 to 10 and it was nice to have an evening at a kid friendly restaurant with a good vibe. We will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pizza was terribleRhodaDined on 4/12/2014I have been to QMP before, and had excellent food. This time, though, the pizza dough was simultaneously black on the bottom and still raw underneath the toppings. The manager was summoned, and argued with us that that was the way the pizza is meant to be cooked. The service otherwise was good, and I really want QMP to succeed, so will try again. But this particular experience was terrible.
- Basically. A pizza restaurant;HappyDinerDined on 4/5/2014Basically. A pizza restaurant; salads would be a good addition as would desserts. They are only available with the table d'hote.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza for a great valueKevvieGDined on 4/4/2014I have been going to QMP for the last year and I have never been disappointed. The prix-fixe is a bargain at $29, including a choice of appetizer, choice of pizza, and desert. I had a terrific beet salad, a carpe se pizza, and the tiramisu. The pizzas never have too many ingredients, which means you can enjoy the fantastic sauce and ingredients . The crust is thin, but nicely chewy. No soggy crust here. I can't recommend QMP highly enough for attentive, friendly service, fantastic food, and a great value. My friend and I waddled out completely satisfied. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Neapolitan Pizza in a CharmingRockyDined on 3/28/2014Listed as a top pizza restaurant in Toronto. We'll deserved. As close to Naples style pizza as I have come outside of Italy. Price fixe of @ $30 included a choice of interesting salads and deserts. I had a shrimp dish that was oily and delicious. Among the desert choices, I had a dark chocolate tarte with a lemon sauce -- really wonderful compliment to the anchovie pizza. I would say this is more of a restaurant than a NY style pizza place. Building looked like a converted 19th century small shoe factory. Charming and simple and all very functional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PizzaAlessandroDined on 3/23/2014A fun restaurant for the whole family. Our experience was terrific. Great pizza, great service and very accommodating as we had a two year old child with us. I have recommended the place to many people now. Adding a few more items to the menu wouldn't hurt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in Town!CarmelannaVIPDined on 3/21/2014A long time friend and foodie had recommended Queen Margherita pizza as the best pizza in Town. I have savoured great pizza in Toronto so i was a little skeptical. But, in fact the pizza was fabulous. Great crust, great toppings, great value for authentic Neapolitan Pizza! I only wish it was open 5 days a week for lunch!Special Features:
- I love the daily inventivenessmichaelpelzfoxVIPDined on 3/5/2014I love the daily inventiveness of the pizzas. The food, service and space are a great package, along with the prix fix option. For eating with very young kids, it's good to come around 5pm. There will almost surely be other families so no need to feel anxious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza in TorontofoodblondeDined on 2/28/2014The food at Queen Margherita is excellent and exactly what it is supposed to be. The desserts are boring and just average and not on the same scale as the mains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014One of very few places I've been able to find in Toronto, and North America for that matter that does truly great, and authentic Italian pizza. And it's reasonably priced. I thoroughly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pizzalovedinningVIPDined on 2/17/2014First time at Queen Margherita Pizza. Boyfriend and I sat upstairs near the kitchen where you could see the cooks making your pizza which was nice. The tables however are very close to one anther so much so you could hear the other couples conversation. Other than that the pizza was delicious and reasonable priced. Staff was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.