Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane
785 Annette Street
Toronto, ON m6S 2E2Neighborhood:
Bloor West Village
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.qmpizza.com/
- Phone: (647) 345-4466
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Wednesday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Thursday-Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane
Taste Is Subjective, Quality is FACT! Queen Margherita Pizza has established itself as the leader of Neapolitan pizza in Toronto. Our success is a direct result of treating our food and ingredients with respect and care, while delivering premium customer service. We strive to create a unique dining experience in all of our locations while preserving the tradition of Neapolitan Pizza. We offer a selection of appetizers, desserts and pizzas using only the highest quality ingredients prepared in classic Italian tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane - Best Restaurants in Bloor West Village ›
Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (67)good for groups (50)kid-friendly (46)fit for foodies (28)special occasion (13)hot spot (13)great for lunch (10)romantic (9)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- No complaintsMarioDined on 11/14/2014Very pleased overall. My 84 year old father was also pleased. And that is hard to do (please an older gentleman) that is set in his ways. We will definitely recommend your establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queen Margherita Pizza (Baby Point)199TipDined on 11/14/2014After four visits we are finding the food and service 'hit and miss.' On two occasions, we have experienced fantastic food and good service and quite the opposite on the other visits with less than average food and service. Seems like when it gets busy things go downhill. When the restaurant is full it is almost impossible to carry on a dinner conversation and a respectable dB level which can probably can be attributed to the lack of any soft surfaces anywhere in the restaurant, either in the form of acoustic panels or seating. The entire restaurant is big and open with industrial decor, and feels more like a bar or well decorated cafeteria than fine dinning. It seems to have become a gathering place for friends and families and can get really loud. The menus is small, primarily pizza and salads, with little option for personal tastes in pizza toppings, although they have some winning combinations. They offer a very limited selection of beer and wine. Dinner for two with drinks came in at around $90.00 including tax and tip, a but pricey for comparable dinning experiences in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza!RanaweeDined on 11/8/2014Found this gem on taste toronto and decided to try it and was not disappointed! The pizza here is amazing and you don't feel leaving sluggish. You feel comfortable after eating a whole pizza to yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Competing with the MusicGoodEats2Dined on 11/8/2014It is a great neighbourhood restaurant. The pies are tasty (could have been a bit warmer when they arrived at our table). Because of the high ceilings and large space the noise level is extremely loud. I would recommend turning off the music as I found it very distracting when trying to have a conversation with my dining companions. We waited quite a long time for our order. Other customers who had arrived after us were being served. When we inquired about our order, we were told by our server that it was because we had ordered appetizers, which was a salad. We would not have minded eating our salad with our pizza or at least been given the option.Special Features:
- CelanesseDined on 11/8/2014As a frequent visitor to Rome , where we have family , my husband , and me and a residence ; my husband , and me ; we found the R.M pizza rather authentic , when compared to what we find there . Keep it up !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I was very disappointed with this restaurant. I had to constantly flag the servers for every little thing. They charge for bread?! The pizza was OK, but I've had much better elsewhere. It lacked flavour. My drink was warm.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Disappointed that the separate oven for gf pizzas was broken. I am celiac and have to be extremely careful. The oven not functioning limited my choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm glad the Queen is in the 'hoodcookie222Dined on 10/23/2014I finally made it to Queen Margherita Pizza. As a resident of Bloor West, I was happy to see this place show up just around the corner from my house. A great spot for delicious pizza - our server wasn't the warmest person but the food totally made up for it. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and straightforwardbtwactivitiesDined on 10/22/2014Not the best menu, best food, best service nor best atmosphere but perfect for a simple dinner stop. No bells or whistles. Order a pizza and enjoy it for what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Friendly Friday NightWillTravel4FoodVIPDined on 10/18/2014Glad to see some of the old pizzas back on the menu. Enjoy the "on tap" wines. If you'd only bring back the budino, we'd be in heaven!Special Features:
- Disappointing this time aroundInthecityDined on 10/17/2014I've been to Queen M on multiple occasions since it opened and because we live quite close by. Went with the family two weeks ago and had a great time so I went back with my 4 year old this past Friday. It wasn't very busy when we arrived at 6:15pm but took almost 10 minutes before we could flag our waiter for water. From the appt to the pizza, it was painfully slow and despite assuring me that our pizza would be another '2-3 minutes', it was another 15 before it arrived. Even the guests next to us commented on how long we were waiting, esp. with a young child. Queen M, you have such great potential and I really want to love you but you make it hard with your service and food quality.
- DeliciousFoodie444Dined on 10/7/2014We went for my friends birthday, there was 4 of us. The waitstaff was friendly and prompt, the food was incredible 3 of us had the marghretia and I would highly reccomend it. It was so fresh and price was reasonable each couple was under 60 with wine entree and we shared a dessert. Definetly coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSGailDined on 10/7/2014Great pizza as always! Never disappointed when we eat at Queen Margarita!Special Features:
- TJfoodieDined on 10/3/2014Don't understand why this place is so popular. The pizza is just okay. The service was poor .. particularly the bartender who failed to greet us and offer us a beverage as we waited for 20+++ minutes for our reservation. The noise level was obnoxious Okay I guess if you were in a group Calamari was awful Mushy with powdered seasoning. Don't know what else to say Do not recommend Will not return
- A-Ok.fichemoilapaixDined on 10/2/2014Our server was very accommodating and was helpful in making recommendations and dividing the bill up for our larger party. I found the menu to be interesting and the food was good quality, and as described when it arrived. Portions are large, and good for sharing. We had a prix fixe special, which was good value for the money ($29 for starter, pizza and desert). I wouldn't qualify it as impressive or over the top in excellence, but in all, it's a fairly good neighbourhood place to get a pizza on a weeknight.Special Features:
- Pizza LiciousPIZZALICIOUSDined on 9/30/2014This place does great pizza to rival any in the city. Service was friendly, prompt but not intrusive. Great prix fixe deal. Great prices generally.Special Features:
- Spectacular pizza, great servicesmudge3662Dined on 9/10/2014This is the place to go in Bloor West Village for truly outstanding pizza. A bit loud, and a very limited wine list, but the wines are well-priced and the two I have had there were of high quality. But the pizza...I dream about that pizza. Be warned that if they bring you the bread (I think they do this only if you have to wait a long time for the pizza) it is also spectacular, but you will fill up on it quickly. Reservations are a must - it's very popular, so it you just show up, you'll have a long wait.Special Features:
- excellent service & great foodAndycatDined on 9/9/2014Pizza is great. I think the menu had changed since we had last been and I missed some of the former topping combos. However, you can customize so no prob. I hate to say it but the mushroom salad would be so great if the mushrooms were breaded and roasted. Our server Justin was super - one of the best we've come across. Truly delightful.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian, relaxed settingbmc7Dined on 9/6/2014Open style kitchen showcasing the authentic wood fire oven and high ceilings give this place a casual, comfortable feel. They specialize in pizza and have a nice selection of Italian starters and sharing plates. The salumi and fromagi plate was a favorite with something for everyone to enjoy. Calamari was so lightly breaded and full of flavour. Each pizza is unique. Don't plan on customizing your own, they are delicious the way they come, although it took a little while to decide on the right one. Our server, Wayne was excellent and answered all of our questions without skipping a beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew this was a playground?originaleDined on 9/5/2014We sat down, asked to change tables after being hit by plastic swords by those kids only a parent could love. Then we had to listen to a 2 year old's screaming tantrum while the indulgent parents ignored it. Of course, this was how I wanted to spend my Friday evening. We couldn't hear ourselves talk over the screams of the kids. We lasted 15 minutes and left to have a lovely dinner a few doors down at the Mad Mexican. Don't go here unless you're prepared for this. This is the noisiest restaurant I have ever been in. Been here before. Always loud but add those screechy kids voices and it's impossibleSpecial Features:
- great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Fixed price option ($29 for pizza, salad + dessert) satisfies 2. Wine list is short but superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza with a FlarefoolforgoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014There are many restaurants doing wood oven pizza these days, but Queen Margherita Pizza puts together combinations and unusual ingredients that just seem to rock the palate. I have tried several now and have really enjoyed each one. We start by sharing an appetizer, because the pizzas are just so wonderful we did not want to share....other than a bite or two. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too saltyontarioDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Q.M. Several times but this time the food was way too salty, the noise level too loud and the service too slow. Unusual but it really was felt by our whole party of four, not just me. Will we go back? Probably because it may have just been a one time thing. We will see....Special Features:
- The Best Wood Fired Pizza Ever!AuContraireDined on 8/19/2014This is a buzzy, busy, noisy, fun, wood fired pizza place with great pizzas with really distinctive, bold ingredient choices. Appetizers are great. For two I recommend a couple of appetizers and split a single pizza. Drinkable house wines. Small, sensible wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzachokoladaDined on 8/13/2014Really yummy pizza and delicious, interesting appetizers. A vibrant dinner spot in the (otherwise sleepy) Baby Point neighbourhood.Special Features:
- We come back. For good reason.TimWVIPDined on 8/7/2014We love this place. Service was a bit off this time, which is a rarity. Got 2 of our dishes incorrectly. All else, we'll keep coming back. Mmmm...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2014One of our favourite pizza places. So nice to be able to get in without all of the hassle of some 'no reservation' places (Pizzeria Libretto!). And pizza is just as good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzalikes2eatandconverseDined on 8/1/2014The pizzas and salads were ordered were great. You could tell that the mozzarella was fresh. They could have been a bit more generous with the fresh basil on one of the pizzas ordered. The noise level is terrible because of the awful acoustics (this used to be a bank with high ceilings). Without anything to absorb the sound it is difficult to carry on a conversation. Consequently everyone is yelling at each other trying to be heard and compounding the problem. Not a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- Won't Be Going Back!terrinoxDined on 8/1/2014I had booked reservations for my family. When we got there, i was told there was no table available. We waited 30 mins for a table to clear up. We ordered 2 margherita pizzas plus two pieces of bread. The pizza was so-so, nothing special - not satisfying at all.. the bread was way two expensive for what it was, and again nothing special. After our meal, i asked the waiter for a dessert menu, and he said he knows it off the top of his head. He gives us three items, we choose the last one. A tiny (as we found out later) slice of chocolate cake (that tasted like frozen mousse) with a tiny scoop of ice cream and some strawberries. The dessert was like everything else, so-so. And how much was the dessert? $12!!!! Just as much as the pizza!
- Better than expectedTerryrlDined on 8/1/2014The pizza here is very good, better than I had expected. The service was fast and as the time to make the pizza. The pizza was not too heavy so eating the whole pizza on your own doesn't make you feel bloated. I recommend it and will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 327 reviews are from the Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane reviews archive.
- Food was good but service was greatFoodE66Dined on 7/30/2014This is our first time at the Jane location. We used to go to the original location in Leslieville quite often but have not been in a while. Chose the Jane location as it was closer for the friend we were meeting for dinner. No real ambiance to the restaurant. Kind of a cold white room. The Leslieville location is much more welcoming. Our server was fantastic though. Very friendly and helpful. Good balance of checking in and taking care of us. He was just so pleasant. Did not get his name though. Menu has changed since we have been to QMP. And really not for the better. Prefer the original menu and pizza offerings. Crust seems different here and I have always loved the crust at Leslieville. I know that sounds weird but we do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizzaZigbooDined on 7/23/2014Went there for QMP for our anniversary. The food was good and the fixed price menu was worthwhile but the meal did not stand out as a great meal. It didn't make me want to come back. If you want good wood burning oven pizza and don't want to make the journey to Pizzeria Libretto, this is a fine alternative but it is definitely not as good as Pizzeria Libretto. We always crave Pizzeria LibrettoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delcious pizzaGailDined on 7/14/2014Really enjoyed the pizza and it was a great place to celebrate a birthday which also included small chldren. We were there early so it wasn't too busy but I have been there during the rush times and it was just as well organized and delicious. Highly recommend it for pizza and salads.Special Features:
- Get your order in quickGetyourorderinDined on 7/12/2014We loved the food but we find it takes quite some time to get your pizza, especially if you order appetizers. Even though pizzas only take 90 secs to cook, the takeout business is so strong, your order can take some time to make it to the line. Once it comes though, great flavours on the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining for the familygisjoeDined on 7/12/2014As we were an early arrival, the reservation was not a problem, and my son and I enjoyed the dinner quite well - 8 year old boy hoovered back his pizza blanco (not technically, but I can't remember the name). T'was good for him (waitress advised that he would not likely enjoy the chili pepper, which was a good and appreciated heads-up). I enjoyed my namesake Margherita, and we were comforted by the pace and hospitality. Nice place, which I'll return to, and would recommend to all and sundry. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasyJohnDined on 7/6/2014Great pizza. Lots of choices. Kid friendly atmosphere. Pizza's are 10" thin and gourmet style. Desserts although limited very good. Highly recommend for the casual night out in the hood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Definite "Wow"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Exciting, Stimulating, Lively, Are Only A Few Words To Describe. The Pizza Was Nothing Short Of Miraculous. Perfectly Charred Edges Giving It A Wonderful Flavour Of Old Italy, Complete With A Colourful Array Of Unique Toppings. A Perfect Pizza Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014Thank you to our server Wayne for making my partner's birthday dinner a pleasant one. He added a personal touch in addition of recommending fine vegetarian pizza options that paired beautifully with a lovely Nebbiolo. Being quite familiar with your Queen East location we look forward to visiting Queen Margherita on Jane again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placejoshin4coloursDined on 6/29/2014This is about the third time I've been the QMP on Jane, and I always enjoy it. Good pizza, good service and a great neighbourhood location. Menu has changed a little bit over the past few months but the pizza is still fresh and enjoyable.Special Features:
- great fooddianeDined on 6/28/2014Had the calamari for app, it was delicious. Pizza is to die for and server was knowledgeable about the menu and drinks list. Overall great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.