Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane
785 Annette Street
Toronto, ON m6S 2E2Neighborhood:
Bloor West Village
PizzeriaPrice: CAN$30 and under
Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.qmpizza.com/
- Phone: 6473454466
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Wednesday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Thursday-Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Gushue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane
Taste Is Subjective, Quality is FACT! Queen Margherita Pizza has established itself as the leader of Neapolitan pizza in Toronto. Our success is a direct result of treating our food and ingredients with respect and care, while delivering premium customer service. We strive to create a unique dining experience in all of our locations while preserving the tradition of Neapolitan Pizza. We offer a selection of appetizers, desserts and pizzas using only the highest quality ingredients prepared in classic Italian tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane - Best Restaurants in Bloor West Village ›
Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)kid-friendly (51)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (20)hot spot (15)great for lunch (14)special occasion (13)romantic (8)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Spectacular pizza, great servicesmudge3662Dined on 9/10/2014This is the place to go in Bloor West Village for truly outstanding pizza. A bit loud, and a very limited wine list, but the wines are well-priced and the two I have had there were of high quality. But the pizza...I dream about that pizza. Be warned that if they bring you the bread (I think they do this only if you have to wait a long time for the pizza) it is also spectacular, but you will fill up on it quickly. Reservations are a must - it's very popular, so it you just show up, you'll have a long wait.Special Features:
- excellent service & great foodAndycatDined on 9/9/2014Pizza is great. I think the menu had changed since we had last been and I missed some of the former topping combos. However, you can customize so no prob. I hate to say it but the mushroom salad would be so great if the mushrooms were breaded and roasted. Our server Justin was super - one of the best we've come across. Truly delightful.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian, relaxed settingbmc7Dined on 9/6/2014Open style kitchen showcasing the authentic wood fire oven and high ceilings give this place a casual, comfortable feel. They specialize in pizza and have a nice selection of Italian starters and sharing plates. The salumi and fromagi plate was a favorite with something for everyone to enjoy. Calamari was so lightly breaded and full of flavour. Each pizza is unique. Don't plan on customizing your own, they are delicious the way they come, although it took a little while to decide on the right one. Our server, Wayne was excellent and answered all of our questions without skipping a beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew this was a playground?originaleDined on 9/5/2014We sat down, asked to change tables after being hit by plastic swords by those kids only a parent could love. Then we had to listen to a 2 year old's screaming tantrum while the indulgent parents ignored it. Of course, this was how I wanted to spend my Friday evening. We couldn't hear ourselves talk over the screams of the kids. We lasted 15 minutes and left to have a lovely dinner a few doors down at the Mad Mexican. Don't go here unless you're prepared for this. This is the noisiest restaurant I have ever been in. Been here before. Always loud but add those screechy kids voices and it's impossibleSpecial Features:
- great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Fixed price option ($29 for pizza, salad + dessert) satisfies 2. Wine list is short but superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza with a FlarefoolforgoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014There are many restaurants doing wood oven pizza these days, but Queen Margherita Pizza puts together combinations and unusual ingredients that just seem to rock the palate. I have tried several now and have really enjoyed each one. We start by sharing an appetizer, because the pizzas are just so wonderful we did not want to share....other than a bite or two. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too saltyontarioDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Q.M. Several times but this time the food was way too salty, the noise level too loud and the service too slow. Unusual but it really was felt by our whole party of four, not just me. Will we go back? Probably because it may have just been a one time thing. We will see....Special Features:
- The Best Wood Fired Pizza Ever!AuContraireDined on 8/19/2014This is a buzzy, busy, noisy, fun, wood fired pizza place with great pizzas with really distinctive, bold ingredient choices. Appetizers are great. For two I recommend a couple of appetizers and split a single pizza. Drinkable house wines. Small, sensible wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzachokoladaDined on 8/13/2014Really yummy pizza and delicious, interesting appetizers. A vibrant dinner spot in the (otherwise sleepy) Baby Point neighbourhood.Special Features:
- We come back. For good reason.TimWVIPDined on 8/7/2014We love this place. Service was a bit off this time, which is a rarity. Got 2 of our dishes incorrectly. All else, we'll keep coming back. Mmmm...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2014One of our favourite pizza places. So nice to be able to get in without all of the hassle of some 'no reservation' places (Pizzeria Libretto!). And pizza is just as good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzalikes2eatandconverseDined on 8/1/2014The pizzas and salads were ordered were great. You could tell that the mozzarella was fresh. They could have been a bit more generous with the fresh basil on one of the pizzas ordered. The noise level is terrible because of the awful acoustics (this used to be a bank with high ceilings). Without anything to absorb the sound it is difficult to carry on a conversation. Consequently everyone is yelling at each other trying to be heard and compounding the problem. Not a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- Won't Be Going Back!terrinoxDined on 8/1/2014I had booked reservations for my family. When we got there, i was told there was no table available. We waited 30 mins for a table to clear up. We ordered 2 margherita pizzas plus two pieces of bread. The pizza was so-so, nothing special - not satisfying at all.. the bread was way two expensive for what it was, and again nothing special. After our meal, i asked the waiter for a dessert menu, and he said he knows it off the top of his head. He gives us three items, we choose the last one. A tiny (as we found out later) slice of chocolate cake (that tasted like frozen mousse) with a tiny scoop of ice cream and some strawberries. The dessert was like everything else, so-so. And how much was the dessert? $12!!!! Just as much as the pizza!
- Better than expectedTerryrlDined on 8/1/2014The pizza here is very good, better than I had expected. The service was fast and as the time to make the pizza. The pizza was not too heavy so eating the whole pizza on your own doesn't make you feel bloated. I recommend it and will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but service was greatFoodE66Dined on 7/30/2014This is our first time at the Jane location. We used to go to the original location in Leslieville quite often but have not been in a while. Chose the Jane location as it was closer for the friend we were meeting for dinner. No real ambiance to the restaurant. Kind of a cold white room. The Leslieville location is much more welcoming. Our server was fantastic though. Very friendly and helpful. Good balance of checking in and taking care of us. He was just so pleasant. Did not get his name though. Menu has changed since we have been to QMP. And really not for the better. Prefer the original menu and pizza offerings. Crust seems different here and I have always loved the crust at Leslieville. I know that sounds weird but we do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizzaZigbooDined on 7/23/2014Went there for QMP for our anniversary. The food was good and the fixed price menu was worthwhile but the meal did not stand out as a great meal. It didn't make me want to come back. If you want good wood burning oven pizza and don't want to make the journey to Pizzeria Libretto, this is a fine alternative but it is definitely not as good as Pizzeria Libretto. We always crave Pizzeria LibrettoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delcious pizzaGailDined on 7/14/2014Really enjoyed the pizza and it was a great place to celebrate a birthday which also included small chldren. We were there early so it wasn't too busy but I have been there during the rush times and it was just as well organized and delicious. Highly recommend it for pizza and salads.Special Features:
- Get your order in quickGetyourorderinDined on 7/12/2014We loved the food but we find it takes quite some time to get your pizza, especially if you order appetizers. Even though pizzas only take 90 secs to cook, the takeout business is so strong, your order can take some time to make it to the line. Once it comes though, great flavours on the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining for the familygisjoeDined on 7/12/2014As we were an early arrival, the reservation was not a problem, and my son and I enjoyed the dinner quite well - 8 year old boy hoovered back his pizza blanco (not technically, but I can't remember the name). T'was good for him (waitress advised that he would not likely enjoy the chili pepper, which was a good and appreciated heads-up). I enjoyed my namesake Margherita, and we were comforted by the pace and hospitality. Nice place, which I'll return to, and would recommend to all and sundry. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasyJohnDined on 7/6/2014Great pizza. Lots of choices. Kid friendly atmosphere. Pizza's are 10" thin and gourmet style. Desserts although limited very good. Highly recommend for the casual night out in the hood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Definite "Wow"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Exciting, Stimulating, Lively, Are Only A Few Words To Describe. The Pizza Was Nothing Short Of Miraculous. Perfectly Charred Edges Giving It A Wonderful Flavour Of Old Italy, Complete With A Colourful Array Of Unique Toppings. A Perfect Pizza Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014Thank you to our server Wayne for making my partner's birthday dinner a pleasant one. He added a personal touch in addition of recommending fine vegetarian pizza options that paired beautifully with a lovely Nebbiolo. Being quite familiar with your Queen East location we look forward to visiting Queen Margherita on Jane again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placejoshin4coloursDined on 6/29/2014This is about the third time I've been the QMP on Jane, and I always enjoy it. Good pizza, good service and a great neighbourhood location. Menu has changed a little bit over the past few months but the pizza is still fresh and enjoyable.Special Features:
- great fooddianeDined on 6/28/2014Had the calamari for app, it was delicious. Pizza is to die for and server was knowledgeable about the menu and drinks list. Overall great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlfriend's birthdayKyleC1212Dined on 6/28/2014I took my girlfriend and her mom out for a birthday dinner. We were greeted with friendly, knowledgeable and speedy service. The food was amazing! I would love to go back and will recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza Napoli styleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014Been to Naples and this pizza is very close to the Napoli style -the crust is really good . Good apps, nice compact wine list. Would love to see some pasta on menu for a change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neopolitan PizzalolafagiolaDined on 6/16/2014Thrilled they opened one in the west end, we were starving!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The girl who served us was very disrespectful. Just a shame, loved the place but now i will think twice before going there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014Did no like the Caesar salad. Pizza too spicy.Special Features:
- interchange42Dined on 6/6/2014Amongst the best pizzas in Toronto are served here. If you've got four people going who are all willing to try a number of them, then order four different pizzas and asked that they be served one at a time. That way each of you get each one hot from the oven, and you'll get the respect of the chef who will know you know how to eat pizza! I have been three times now to this location, and having this place within walking distance is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 311 reviews are from the Queen Margherita Pizza - Jane reviews archive.
- Italian pizza and tapasSarahbarahDined on 5/31/2014QMP executes their take on Neapolitan pizza and Italian tapas well. The food is delicious, with nostalgic items on the menu like mortadella and fennel taking me back to my childhood days. Prices are a bit high for my liking, for menu items other than pizza. Atmosphere is very loud, and kid-friendly. The server I had was great, and knew the menu very well. I would definitely return again. QMP is most worth visiting if you are going to have pizza - other menu items are equally as delicious as the pizza, just not as worth the price. $12 for an appetizer-sized portion of risotto is too much. Add more risotto and the dish could easily be changed to $17 main, especially since the ingredients (fennel and pancetta) are not expensive at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizzas ar on a pita bread1JDRDined on 5/27/2014Since they have a nice oven I was expecting a nice oven pizza, regrettably it was an oversize pitta bread dressed with pizza condiments, maybe is their style, but not good enough for me... an interior designer is needed for the walls..the service was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date PlaceCfromTorontoDined on 5/27/2014Its a great place to go for a first or second date...service is quick and food is always good.Special Features:
- Good service, food was okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2014I think the QMP on Queen east is better. The service was good and the food was okay, but not fantastic. Charging $4.00 for bread is not good.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodEEEeatsDined on 5/14/2014The Giovanna pizza is amazing - but "heaven on earth" was the Nutella Pizza with toasted marshmallows!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They aim to pleasebagelmanDined on 5/14/2014We went mid-week to Queen Margherita Pizza for the first time. The server was excellent and asked if we were local, first-time, etc. She was very helpful in going through the menu. We ordered appetizers, a pizza and an entre. One appetizer was not prepared correctly. When we pointed it out, the server immediately took the appetizer off the bill and through in another appetizer. Later she came back was very apologetic that they had run out of the entre. She then provided us with a free second pizza. The owner then came over and also apologized and offered us the entre we had ordered for free the next time we returned. He also provided us with free after dinner drinks. The night wasn't perfect but they bent over backwards to please us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeTimWVIPDined on 5/14/2014We keep coming back for a reason. Service this time was spectacular too.Special Features:
- Was just O.k.ZoeZoe2014Dined on 5/11/2014Expected so much more. Pizzas are good, dough is authentic, but NOT "Neapolitan" exceptional. 7 1/2out of 10. Need a little more sauce, and flavour. Waiter suggests, sure...choose any toppings, make it your way, but each topping is $2-$4. Average single serving pizza our family had was $18. A bit pricey. Calamari main dish, very tender, but had no flavour and too many chickpeas. Barely warm. 7 out of 10. $17 Our bill for 5, without any drinks was over $100. Still looking for that great local pizza place...Special Features:
- Excellent find!towniefoodieDined on 5/10/2014Execellent and eclectic selection of food and drink. The fried olives and pizza were AMAZING. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza in townLalusmomDined on 5/10/2014The pizza at Queen Margherita is outstanding. The crust is delicious, and the toppings are interesting and so flavourful. I could eat there every week. The staff are very nice and eager to please. This was our fourth visit, and we're never disappointed.Special Features: