Queen City Q
225 East 6th Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Queen City Q
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.queencityq.com/
- Phone: 7043348437
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Dan “Boone” Gibson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Whether you have a small group of friends coming to the house or a corporate event for 1,000, we've got you covered. Not only do we offer the best Q & sides around, if you can dream it, we can provide it. On top of being a rockin' Pitmaster, Boone Gibson has an extensive culinary background & can create something to satisfy every taste. Please give us 24hrs notice to prepare your order. If this is a last minute, "You know, we should have ordered something to eat" situation, please call & we'll do our best to make it look like you actually did plan ahead.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Room holds up to 30 people. Please call for reservations.
- Private Party Contact: Sue Johnston 7043348437
- Entertainment: Live music most every Thursday and Friday from 5 to 7pm. Follow us at Twitter.com/theqclt and Facebook.com/queencityq for updates.
- Cross Street: 6th and the Light Rail
- Public Transit: Located on the last stop of the Light Rail.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: You can park in the 7th Street Station building. We validate our customers after 5pm on the weekdays and all day Sat and Sun. During the week from 5am to 5pm we can validate 2 hours.
A word from Queen City Q
Pitmaster Dan "Boone" Gibson, grew up in Charlotte in the 1960’s and was raised on "Charlotte BBQ", a melding of styles from eastern NC, western NC and South Carolina all based on cherished family recipes. It's these recipes that Boone creates for Queen City Q. He believes great Q means the freshest, amazing meats served with homemade sauces on the side. This way you can sauce them in whatever style you want…or not. That's Queen City Q. And here...It's all about the Q. Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Queen City Q reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good food, ok serviceDilworthDinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014Tons of food as you would expect at a bbq place. Taste was great and some of the best ribs and onion rings I've had. Pork rind side was great but they looked too perfect, almost as if it came out of a bag rather than the more greasy look of a homemade pork rind. Service was spotty but adequate. Would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfying mealJupitermanDined on 5/10/2014Great BBQ menu. Loved the freshness of the pulled pork which had enough seasoning without being overwhelming. Laid back casual ambiance and good service. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Arrived around 7pm, served promptly, friendly staff. Food was great - I particularly enjoyed the brisket.
- Food was good...ncjeljDined on 4/9/2014Not the best Q I've had - but still was good! Waiter handled a very large group and all left happy! Thanks...Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedAlfredjacobsDined on 1/20/2014Billed as the best BBQ in Charlotte I wonder what the worst BBQ is like. I ordered a sampler of pulled pork, smoked chicken and sausage. The chicken and sausage were just ok, but the pork was pretty lame. It was dry and looked like it had been cooked hours before and perhaps even leftover from the day's lunch service. Not impressed at all. Sauce selection was plentiful but weak. Much too thin and all were vinegar based with little differentiation, except the mustard based one. The waitstaff was not knowledgeable about the menu and the price paid for the meal was way too much based on the ROI. Would not eat here again. Also surprised these guys could secure a contract at the Charlotte sports arena in town. Fair at best bordering on poor.
- great cueGreatQDined on 1/18/2014second time here and the food is still terrific. Their nachos are the best - three types of smoked meat...delicious. The guys got the brisket and can't wait to go back for more. The ladies loved the pulled pork and smoked chicken platters. great local beers.Special Features:
- Best BBQ in CharlotteFanofKatieDined on 12/8/2013This place has the food flavors Macs Speedshop used to serve! Ribs are delicious!! Sonja salad has a different dressing. ;-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousDutchmanVIPDined on 8/28/2013I had a great lunch here. Great food, great service, good times to be had by all. An extensive beer list coupled with great BBQ choices is a win in my book.Special Features:
- YUM747eaterDined on 8/24/2013I was very impressed with the food. Just be careful how much you eat if the plan is to walk out and hit the bars. BBQ is BBQ and does not travel well when eaten the way this food deserves to be eaten. Maybe have a driving plan in place for the unavoidable food coma likely to follow. well done QCQ well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's The Salt and SauceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013If you're going to call something the World's Best then it better be seasoned perfectly. The World's Best Mac and Cheese was anything but. Just a little salt would have brought out the flavors of the cheeses. Also, to offer Kansas City Ribs yet not have a KC Sauce on the table shows lack of vision. There's a sixth slot. Add a KC Sauce.Special Features:
- Good Q from a visitorMaine2NCDined on 8/2/2013We went to Queen City Q after reading the reviews. We are new to Charlotte, and have been looking for a restaurant that serves the "regional cuisine." We had a great night, sitting outside (a little noisy, but this wasn't planned or touted as a romantic dining locale...). The barbecue was great, flavorful, plentiful and moist. The sweet surprise was the Bread Pudding - done only as a BBQ could do it and really yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brisket in CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/1/2013Favorite BBQ place in Charlotte. The brisket is top notch though it was a little drier than normal this visit but when its right it is righteous. Service is alway quick and friendly and the sides are great and they make solid greens which is not easy to do.Special Features:
- Delicious!DutchmanVIPDined on 6/12/2013Just moved to Charlotte and heard grand tales of Southern Hospitality and BBQ. This place lives up to the hype. Absolutely delicious and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great BBQ for lessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2013QueenCity Q is in a great area of uptown Charlotte. They have comp. parking or park a block away for $5. The food was awesome. I had the brisket quesadilla. My first experience of southern BBQ and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner for DadHouseLover77Dined on 4/27/2013My dad and I stopped in for dinner before the Eric Clapton concert April 2013 and he LOVED the ribs, so we went as a family for his birthday. He said the ribs were equally as good, but just a bit overdone this time (the man knows ribs). I enjoyed the quarter chicken. Sides were great and our table ordered two rounds of deviled eggs! (They come with bacon on top). They brought him a dessert for his birthday, but keep in mind its not complementary. Great time, though, and will go back. Really nice to have parking validated. Good selection of local and microbrews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There was a wonderful singerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/25/2013There was a wonderful singer there who made the atmosphere amazing. Great location!
- Unpretentious spot for barbecueCltbillVIPDined on 11/17/2012Unpretentious spot for barbecue in the uptown area. Service staff are very busy, but food orders come quickly.
- Great BBQExrammfanDined on 11/10/2012This is the first time we have tried North Carolina BBQ. This hands down beats all other BBQ we have had in KC and Memphis. We each had a combo of baby back ribs, chicken and brisket. I didn't particularly care for the mustard marinade on the chicken but my wife liked it. Service was attentive and personable..Special Features: