Queen Anne's Revenge
160 Fairchild St
Daniel Island, SC 29492Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Queen Anne's Revenge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.qarevenge.com/
- Phone: 8432166868
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm -9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brent Quiggle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Queen Anne's Revenge
Enjoy our new menu, showcasing fresh, seasonal ingredients, inspired by Chef Brent Quiggle. Sip on handcrafted cocktails, craft beers, and quality wines in our beautifully renovated tavern. In addition, try our new bar snack menu available in the tavern or deck. Experience unpretentious dining at its finest in the renovated dining room or on the outdoor deck.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Queen Anne's Revenge reviews from OpenTable diners
- poor service, average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2013It took 15 minutes before we ever even received our drinks (just tea and water). We had a vegan dining with us and the waitress could hardly answer any questions about the menu. The only vegan option was pasta with no cheese. However, the pasta dish came out with cheese and it had to be returned.
- A let-downHHCWDined on 7/12/2013The food was overpriced, and worse yet, not even good. I don't mind paying for excellent food that I enjoy, but this food was just plain bad. I will not be going back.
- ok for tired hotel guestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2013two of us; each ordered same steak. Mine 8.5-9 of 10, hers 6.5-7.5 of 10. decent salad. Ambiance of very dated tourist stop...between pirates of the carribean and the old provost downtown. can't recommend unless staying at the hotel next door and too tired to drive a few blocks away.
- The food was very disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2013The food was very disappointing. There are so many great restaurants in charleston, sc I would never recommend this place. Food didn't have much flavor. My husband ordered a pork special that came with potato salad that was just runny and gross. It also came with sweet potato chips that were cooked in so much oil they had no crunch to them at all. Ordered she crab soup to start and it was good, not the best I have had, but was the best thing we ordered. Received a vodka tonic that was just tonic water with a splash of Lime. I would not waste my time at this restaurant when there are hundreds of better options in one of the best food towns
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2013I was so much better than expected. This is a neighborhood gem that would be well worth the drive even if we didn't live locally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent,and notUKBOBDined on 7/3/2013Food was excellent,and not rushed.However the temperature in the seating area was way too cold and seemed to run continuously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2013Very neat place, especially for kids and history buffs, unfortunately ruined by poor service.Special Features:
- I arrived early for my reservationGuerryDined on 6/28/2013I arrived early for my reservation and was seated promptly before my guest arrived. Meal for all was excellent, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2013Our family of six was attending a concert on Daniel Island so we thought this would be a great place to have dinner with the children. We abstain from meat on Fridays and figured we could all get seafood at this pirate-themed restaurant. Avoiding meat was easy enough, but we were crammed in a corner between two other large tables with kids. It would be an understatement to say that this end of the restaurant was noisy. And the rest of the place was empty. The food was alright and the server was very friendly. If we didn't have the children with us, we would likely never go back, but as a family we might give it another chance.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2013Took one if my customers to Queen Anne's for a business dinner. Food and service was excellent! Would definitely come back next time I'm in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningSmugglerDined on 6/9/2013Wonderful evening, the food was exceptional, we each had to sample each others dinners and then each others desserts too! We stopped here ten years ago and loved it, we were glad to see that it was just as we had remembered it. The service was excellent, Caitlyn our server was an absolute delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and fun for all ages.BirdGuy7VIPDined on 6/4/2013Queen Anne's Revenge is named after a pirate ship that once sailed off Charleston and the restaurant is decorated with historic artifacts and art from the time of Blackbeard. Kids will like the pirate theme and adults into history will like it too. Even if you are not into pirates or history, the food is worth the visit alone. Good Lowcountry cuisine with some pub fare mixed in and a decent wine list and drinks menu make for a nice dining experience. The building is modern so plenty of nice tables inside plus an outdoor patio with seating. They make great Painkillers with Pusser's Rum which I recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family MealluvCharlestonVIPDined on 6/4/2013Everything was wonderful - we were greeted immediately at the hostess desk by really nice hostesses!! We then had a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Great restaurant. The pirateOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2013Great restaurant. The pirate theme is backed up with really cool memorabiliaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prom dateWillDined on 5/18/2013Arrived a few minutes earlier than reservation and were seated right away. Great variety for prom dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Family RestaurantluvCharlestonVIPDined on 5/13/2013We had a very nice meal at QAR!As usual the service was top notch.I really think you all have the BEST service of any other restaurant! We enjoyed the salads and of course the bread and butter were always great! (YAY - real butter is back!!) My daughter tried the pecan chicken and loved it!I really like your fish taco's.I tried the oyster stew and it was not my favorite -I think it was the consistency of the stew - a little too much like gravy and oysters :-(.I much prefer your corn chowder -- it has some 'heat' like the fish tacos (wonderful). We also tried the nachos for the first time....they were great! And of course I have to mention the creme brulee.I think this is one of the best I have had. Perfect shallow dish and always warm!!
- Mother's Day brunch was okay,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Mother's Day brunch was okay, not as good as their usual dinner which is always quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasnt what i expected. ItWontBbackDined on 5/11/2013Wasnt what i expected. It was like can upscale shoneys restraurant. We were there for mothers day occasion i wont go back. Waitresses running into each other and ours was loud
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2013Great ambiance! Boats, swords, old pistols and rifles from the pirate era. Food was delicious and the service was great. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted Prime RibEddieVIPDined on 5/3/2013And got a good one....girlfriend had the fish that was special, all around good spot, neat artifacts all over the placeSpecial Features:
- Nice early bird menu. TheluvCharlestonVIPDined on 4/7/2013Nice early bird menu. The meals were very good. Soup was great (love the corn chowder - it should be on the main menu.We did notice "right" away that the butter was not the normal or real butter. QAR used to have great butter to go with the wonderful bread that you offer. We notice that instead of butter you all are using some "spread" it really does not add to the taste of the bread..it takes away from it.I recommend going back to the real stuff. People do notice. Also the strawberry cobbler dessert was not good...it was like a strawberry jam filling.I do no think there was a whole strawberry in the cobbler. That was a disappointment - the last thing that you consume at a restaurant should be really good. Service has always been GreatSpecial Features:
- Pretty good alternative tojustmeDined on 4/5/2013Pretty good alternative to chain restaurants that is casual and easy to enjoy
- This was our third visit inHarpswell139Dined on 3/31/2013This was our third visit in a month, this time for Easter Brunch. Outside of the Mimosas, which could have been somewhat colder, the food was terrific, as was the wait person, Shannon, who was attentive and a delight.Special Features:
- Hidden Treasure. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Hidden Treasure. The food was delicious and the service was great! Using OpenTable App made this so easy. Working for Apple I love recommending the OpenTable app.Special Features:
- Easter Brunch in the NeighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Good Food, chose from Brunch menu. Fried Chcken biscuits were good except for the chicken itself. Breast meat chewy and grainy. Everything else was donevery well. Good $3.00 Bloody Mary. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- My wife and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013My wife and I really enjoyed out brunch at Queen Anne's Revenge. This was the 5th time we were at Queen Anne's this year. Each time it was great! We will come again the next time we come to Keawah Island from Maine.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a delicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2013We enjoyed a delicious meal without having to eat on the peninsula. The mushroom soup, French onion soup, and soup du jour speckled bean soup were delicious. The waitress kept our glasses full which is appreciated and not always achieved in many restaurants. The seafood per loo was outstanding as was the duck special and seafood platters. Everyone enjoyed the Mac and cheese side dish (we ordered two for the table). Deserts were delicious. Overall an excellent experience.Special Features:
- This wasn't our first visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013This wasn't our first visit, and it won't be our last. I even posted on Facebook that we had a great time, and more friends want to try it out. We're coming back soon. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful ambience,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Great food, wonderful ambience, great service.... very odd choice of music. All the pirate paraphenalia but 60's and 70's rock music. Still a very cool place.Special Features:
- We dined here on my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013We dined here on my birthday during our trip to Charleston. The food was amazing, both in flavor and presentation. The entire staff was polite and friendly and went above and beyond to ensure we had a memorable meal.Special Features:
- We've been to Queen Anne'sHarpswell139Dined on 3/14/2013We've been to Queen Anne's Revenge twice in the last 10 days and thoroughly enjoyed the food both times. Importantly, we were able to find dishes that enabled us to continue to watch our weight. The dishes are well presented, very tasty and in the right size portions. The first evening the waiter was at most desultory; however, the second the waiter was delightful so, on balance, we do not complain. Finding the restaurant can be a little difficult if you are not familiar with the area, but the GPS took us right there the first time and after that we were able to remember the way.Special Features:
- This was our second time toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013This was our second time to Queen Anne's Revenge, and I must say both times we thoroughly enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere. The quality of the food is as good as most of the downtown restaurants, but it seems to be a bit more affordable. We loved the atmosphere, where we felt there was enough volume to keep our conversation private, but not at all noisy. Overall, it's definitely been one of our favorite places to eat.
- I was impressed. Didn't expectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013I was impressed. Didn't expect much going into it, but the service was good and the food was great. Had she crab soup and prime rib sandwich. Both very good. Priced fairly well, two people appetizers and drinks 65 plus tipSpecial Features:
- Don't let the name decievetennisgirlVIPDined on 2/15/2013Don't let the name decieve you..... we discovered this place when trying a Groupon. It is excellent!! Delicious, fresh, and great portions!!! The staff is attentive and eager to please. The seafood and steaks are excellent. The atmosphere is casual and not a special occasion place, but the food is. A great place to go any day of the week!Special Features:
- food was excellant as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013food was excellant as usual service was less than we have come to expect.Special Features:
- Pirate treasure on DIJanuarygalDined on 2/14/2013We have always enjoyed the pirate theme and authentic pirate memorabilia of this restaurant, and we enjoy the many seafood specialties. We have dined both for lunch and dinner, and the service has always been great. The portions are generous, so we often have more to enjoy the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time! Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013Had a great time! Food was amazing and atmosphere was fantastic..Special Features:
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013As always, great food, great service at a reasonable price. My wife and I are never disappointed eating at Queen Anne's Revenge.Special Features:
- Queen Anne's Revenge is alwaysKathyDined on 1/26/2013Queen Anne's Revenge is always a great place to eat. Atmosphere is warm & inviting, with a nautical theme. Food is always wonderful. Had prime rib ~ best anywhere! We will be returning to QAR! We went with another couple who also loves this restaurant. Arrived during early bird time, told we'd get 20% off our bill. When presented with bill, waitress had not taken it off. Once we mentioned it, she made the adjustment.
- My wife and I selected QueenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013My wife and I selected Queen Anne' s Revenge for Charleston Restaurant Week. She had stuffed mushrooms, crusted flounder, and cherry pie. I had stuffed mushrooms, petite filet and chocolate mousse. All were excellent. Service was good with time to receive our courses right on for me--not overly quick but not annoyingly slow. Decor was from 18th century pirate era with museum quality artifacts. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.Special Features: