Quattro Restaurant and Bar - Four Seasons Hotel
2050 University Ave @ University Circle
East Palo Alto, CA 94303Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Quattro Restaurant and Bar - Four Seasons Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.quattrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6504702889x
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
BREAKFAST: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 10:00am
BRUNCH: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
DINNER: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
LOUNGE: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Marco Fossati
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Minutes from the best of Palo Alto, an intimate, art-filled setting for your private celebration – from the area’s most stylish ballroom to luxurious guest rooms and spa pampering. With Four Seasons cuisine and flawless service to perfect every detail.
Banquet Facilities: Over 7,200 sq. ft. of contemporary meeting space accommodates a range of social and business events of varying sizes up to 300 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Quattro's main dining room welcomes groups of up to 15. Quattro's Outdoor Terrace can accommodate up to 24. The Ravenswood and Runnymede rooms each accommodate up to 50 guests for private breakfast, lunch and dinner events. Chef Marco will be happy to create a personalized menu for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Ms. Aleksandra Wozniak 6504702823x
A word from Quattro Restaurant and Bar - Four Seasons Hotel
The Italian word for "four", the name is in line with the architectural design of the restaurant as a large light airy room with glass on three sides. The room is lit dramatically at night and illuminates the front of the hotel entrance. Quattro features Northern Italian seasonal and light cuisine with a fresh Cal-Italian twist at breakfast and lunch. The dinner menu is comprised of contemporary Italian cuisine featuring locally grown produce and artisan products from Northern California farms since opening. Attentive, unobtrusive service compliments the exquisite menu and an extensive wine list which includes predominantly California wines with many boutique offerings and an extensive Italian selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Quattro Restaurant and Bar - Four Seasons Hotel - Best Restaurants in Palo Alto ›
Quattro Restaurant and Bar - Four Seasons Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)great for lunch (32)fit for foodies (30)great for outdoor dining (27)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (22)romantic (20)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- Fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/15/2014Celebrated my wife's 40th ("Quattro" - get it?). Service was FANTASTIC (maybe best I've experienced in the Bay Area)...they had menu's with Happy Birthday pre-printed and said Happy Birthday as we entered. We are vegetarian and had one appetizer and a larger main course - main course was pasta, and was very good, but portion was very small. Deserts were excellent. My only suggestion for this restaurant is more vegetarian dishes, including tofu based.Special Features:
- BetsyDined on 9/13/2014Loved the fish special and the handkerchief pasta! YUM! The mango margarita was the best we have ever tasted!!!!Special Features:
- perfect hotel restaurantdisappointedVIPDined on 9/12/2014Love all the food, the breakfasts are creative with plenty of healthy but tasty options. My only nit-pick is that my omelet could have been better seasoned.
- Perfect Outdoor DiningDrofnatsVIPDined on 8/27/2014Outdoor dining is very quiet. Very pleasant, much quieter and more relaxing than inside. Hereafter, I will always request outdoor seating and hope they have heat lamps during the chilly fall and early spring. In winter, Quattro would still be one of my top choices even though indoor dining is noiser than I like. I rated "moderate" for noise level since I consider indoor dining "energetic" but outdoor dining "quiet".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, small entreeszeesDined on 8/23/2014Ambience and service are excellent. Food is pretty good though entries are small. Thus, turns out to be expensive.
- ExcellentPuraVida4YouVIPDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed a lovely dinner with our son and his girlfriend. We visit Quattro on a regular basis for the excellent and attentive service and the excellent menu. Many diners don't consider restaurants in hotels, thinking they are simply there as a convenience to the guests. Quattro is a destination. You can chat quietly in the tables in the corridor by the bar or enjoy a lively crowd around the bar. The restaurant can be loud, but this adds energy to your visit. The service is outstanding. My wife has numerous food allergies and the staff does everything possible to accommodate her choices. Speedy and friendly valet parking gets you in and out in a snap. You will not be disappointed in anything you choose at Quattro!Special Features:
- Great place!!!AbeeeDined on 8/15/2014Went here on a Friday night for dinner and the food and service was impeccable. Was pretty easy to make a reservation, we got a spot to sit outside in the patio and the ambiance was just perfect for a nice quite dinner. The wine selection was great and bar service was very fast. The food was the best part of the entire dining experience, we ordered the Italian Sausage Pizza and it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had. The entire course was brilliant!!!I would definitely go back to this place and recommend it very highly.Special Features:
- Great food and great servicehokienerdDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Totally worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehim2baeDined on 8/14/2014After reading the reviews here, I got the impression that the food would be good. After seeing the prices on the menu, I expected the food to be excellent. For $45, I expected the approx. 5 ounces of beef tenderloin to be delectable. It wasn't. I expected the broccoli rabe it came with to consist of more than a scant amount of undercooked stems. It didn't come with starch, so I ordered mashed potatoes, which they claimed to be double-riced with olive oil—no butter. The texture was like Hungry Jack with a definitive taste of butter. I like boxed potatoes, but not here, not now. Don't lie to me. Overall, it's ok. But so is a $10 visit to a corner taqueria. "Fair" rating is due to the prices. Either quality goes up, or prices down.
- A memorable mealJonnyODined on 8/13/2014A memorable meal: excellent food, well-served and beautifully presented. Ambiance is lovely. Expensive and worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food!ManuDined on 8/8/2014Excellent service, great food, very convenient valet parking. Definitely recommend it for business lunches.Special Features:
- Casual EleganceNYCloverDined on 8/8/2014Just a very comfortable & easy, but upscale lunch spot. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- tasty, but loudscb10VIPDined on 8/7/2014We had a party of 5 people, and we could barely hear each other. The bar noise traveled into the dining room area, and since it was packed the dining room was already loud. On the positive side, the food was delicious and the service attentive.Special Features:
- Outstanding, but expensiveChuckDined on 8/7/2014This place is expensive, but the food and service were both exceptional. The wine list is excellent, and they offer tastings of some very expensive wines. The seating was comfortable and uncrowded and the noise level was better than most comparable restaurants. Good place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/5/2014Great location, great food and service. Very noisy at lunch.Special Features:
- Delightful dinnerStevenVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a another wonderful meal, enhanced by the great service. The staff is friendly, courteous, and knowledgable. The food was tasty and well prepared ... My wife is a vegetarian and she has choices from the menu or chef's perogative. We have had many meals at Quattro and have always enjoyed it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014The service was good but over attentive to the point where our business discussion was interrupted at least 4 times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service as alwaysPJloveDined on 7/27/2014We choose the restaurant to celebrate special occasions for a number of times. Both food and service are great every time! Thanks to the chef for all the special treats for our special dates!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellaDined on 7/25/2014It's a very nice restaurant; however, menu is very limited and expensive. Thank goodness they have the Friday night special (2 bottles of Free corkage).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always The BestPuraVida4YouVIPDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with dinner at Quattro. My wife has food allergies to garlic, eggs, and corn. This is always a challenge but the staff and kitchen were very accommodating and offered many options to work around the problem ingredients. The staff is always professional, cheerful, and interested in providing a great dining experience without being overbearing. We enjoy the restaurant on a fairly regular basis and it always delivers! The menu is always exceptional!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/24/2014For a Four Seasons, just expect more. Service was spotty, had to ask for bread, water wasn't filled without asking, no salt and pepper on the table, etc. The food was good but not great. Again, with the Four Seasons brand, I guess I expect more.
- Fantastic DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/22/2014We were very pleased with our dinner. My husband liked the mushroom appetizer but was very impressed with the dessert, we ordered Strawberry Fields. We also had a very good and attentive waiter, Zacchary. He went out of his way to find out if they had the chocolate strati cake which is now on my top favorite dessert. Unfortunately they did not have it but he brought us a cherry cake which my husband thought very delicious as well. Thank you Zacharry! Hopefully you will have the chocolate strati cake next time.Special Features:
- overpricedfoodVIPDined on 7/17/2014OVERPRICED!!!!!!!! tiny portions $20 for an appetizer, food took forever 3 hours dining restaurant wasn't even full, extremely overpriced and mediocre food. $100 per person and no dessert!!
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/9/2014the hamburger was fantastic! It was my firend's birthday and they gave her a complimentary cake. The chocolate strati cake was divine.Special Features:
- Wonderful BreakfastraviVIPDined on 7/7/2014Brought a guest with me that is a breakfast snob and he absolutely loved the place. Our waiter Carmelio made it awesome by being there just the right amount of times and understanding all the guests needs.Special Features:
- Excellent, friendly serviceTom1VIPDined on 7/7/2014Quattro is a beautiful venue with a varied menu and outstanding service. We had brunch and shared an entree which was split in the kitchen and presented nicely. Recommend highly for nice atmosphere, friendly wait staff and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They know what you are thinkingraviVIPDined on 7/6/2014Erica knew exactly where we wanted to sit and wanted and it was amazing to see how awesome she was in understanding exactly what we wanted. She and the incredible team there made this restaurant fun and a place I wanted to go for every meal.Special Features:
- Decent DinnerraviVIPDined on 7/5/2014Having been to this property a few times in the past was slightly disappointed with the different dinner menu. They use to have an amazing chicken dish with indian flavors that were spot on. Instead a different menu and we had the salmon and brazzino and for those items , I thought the flavors and supporting items were good but the fish of the salmon was off. For a limited menu might try their steak or other offerings. Overall good experience.Special Features:
- Great BreakfastraviVIPDined on 7/4/2014Tried the new Italian Benedict and came up with 1 egg short and half a meal short which was irritating when I found out later but didn't detract from the amazing service and people.
- Delightful Anniversary DinnerStevenVIPDined on 7/2/2014We had another delightful evening at Quattro, this time for our anniversary. The food was well prepared and flavorful, the service was friendly and informative, and the staff prepared a personalized menu and a desert celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- Great dinner place at weekendsjohnwDined on 6/28/2014This hotel seems to cater for business traffic, so it's restaurant is pleasantly quiet at weekends. We picked two appetizers and three of the smaller primo (pasta) courses, and a whimsical "Frutti di mare" dessert. We normally trade dished back and forth, but they were kind enough to split everything without charge, so the effect was of 5 small courses, all beautifully presented, plus that dessert. Great food. Friendly service. Just south of $200 including a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo!MichaelDined on 6/26/2014Excellent in every way the setting, service, food and wineSpecial Features:
- Memorable anniversary dinnerZGourmandiseDined on 6/21/2014We made reservations at Quattro mentioning it was our 17th wedding anniversary. Upon arrival we were given customized menus with "Happy 17th Anniversary" printed on top, the staff congratulated us, and seated us at a very nice table. Yes, the menu was not extensive, however the quality of ingredients and the preparation was excellent. Quattro provides a list with all the local food suppliers, and I was impressed to see they were mostly local organic farms, within 80 miles from Palo Alto. I ordered the Dorade, my husband had the lamb chops and they were both perfectly cooked. For dessert,we had a plate of chocolate dipped berries and mini cakes on the house, with a happy anniversary wish written in chocolate. Great dinner overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool & Comfy VibeBooBubblesDined on 6/18/2014Quattro has the most awesome customer service. To top it off they have a cool, vibrant, eclectic, but comfy ambiance. Then you have the food which is always superbly YUMMY!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!ScoopieDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I both ordered the bone-in rib-eye steak. They were cooked to perfection! The best steak we've ever had, very tasty and tender. The appetizers and desserts were exceptional as well. Service was impeccable. Chris, our server, did a wonderful job waiting on our table, as well as the rest of the Quattro staff. This is definitely a place where they value excellent customer service and delicious food. A great experience, we will be coming back and recommending to friends and family.Special Features:
- SusanDined on 6/13/2014We had to return our food- power lunch sandwich was not edible- took forever to get replacement- never came to refill our beveragesSpecial Features:
- Business Entertaining VenueMaxfoodieDined on 6/10/2014My husband and I went to Quattro for a special occasion. We found the service very attentive but the menu was limited. Since we're not major meat eaters (though not vegetarians), there were relatively few items on the menu from which to chose (apart from carb loading). The food was OK but fussy. My sense, judging by the people at the restaurant, is that it is primarily a venue for business entertaining: lots of young people, in business attire, networking or entertaining colleagues and clients. Obviously we picked the wrong place for a romantic dinner!Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014Great dinner- a birthday celebration for 6 adults. Every course was interesting and delicious. Highlights were the mussels, the spaghetti, the prime rib, and some freshly made doughnut-like pastry basket- covered in cinnamon sugar and served with an exquisite caramel sauce. Will definitely return! The best restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/29/2014From the valet when we entered the property to the hostess the waiter and constant/quiet attention.....very good place.....very Four Seasons.Special Features:
- A special lunchPickyladyDined on 5/27/2014A very pleasant experience, thanks to good food,service & nice decor -Special Features: