266 Hanover St.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://quattro-boston.com/
- Phone: 6177200444
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gianni Caruso
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Quattro
Quattro Ristorante, Grille & Pizzeria, is restaurateur Frank DePasquale’s forth restaurant in the North End, hence the name which means 4 in Italian. Quattro is also located on the 4 major corners of the North End, Boston’s Famous Italian Neighborhood. Inspired by Italy’s passion for high quality foods prepared with fresh ingredients, Quattro brings delicious foods from simple locally grown ingredients. Frank DePasquale does something few restaurateurs have every tried, melding a full service restaurant that serves wine, beer and cordials with a kitchen equipped with a rotisserie, a char broiler and an authentic Neapolitan brick style pizza oven. Quality has been the only focus and the essential ingredient at Quattro, from the ingredients to the preparation of the food to the service. Quattro’s unique menu appeals to a wide variety of people by touching on all categories, fresh meats, seafood, pork and poultry prepared right in front of your eyes on our custom built rotisserie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quattro reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)romantic (5)special occasion (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- QuattroBud2Dined on 8/16/2014Stopped in to Quattro on a Saturday. As expected with any place on Hanover during the summer, it was slammed. It seemed like the wait staff was overwhelmed and rushed us during every phase of the meal. It took nearly 10 minutes to put in our drink order. 2 out of 3 dishes came out cold. Overall, if you have the chance try somewhere else in the NE I would.
- You will never be dissapointed.PhyllisVIPDined on 8/16/2014One of my favorite North End destinations. never disappoints, quality and service remain consistent. Wait to hear daily specials before making up your mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Nice view when the windows are open and the pizza is the best item on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsPhyllisVIPDined on 8/2/2014A one page menu with every item worth trying but aways wait to decide until you hear the daily specials. The open-spit creates wonderful things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2014Mediocre food at best. This was better when it was Express where at least you knew what to expect.
- A Nice Treat For An Evening OutingDisappointedDined on 7/19/2014Nice staff... We had reservations but arrived 10 minutes early. And able to be escorted to a table right away. Wait staff nice and informed us of the evening specials. First time for my daughter at a restaurant in the North End for dinner. She ordered the Lobster risotto and I had the Bolognese pasta dish. My dish lacked seasoning. My daughter's risotto under cooked .. A little disappointed but I would give Quattro another chance (maybe?). I liked the location and ambience but quality control is HUGE for me.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere.RyanBDined on 7/13/2014The dining atmosphere was great and the food was 4.5 stars. Our waitress wasn't the best, but the dining experience definitely outweighed the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It never disappoints.PhyllisVIPDined on 7/5/2014Wonderful any season of the year but in the summer when windows are open to the breeze it is extraordinary. Menu is limited with a varied selection to choose from. Daily specials make it difficult to choose. Open pit selections often include my favorite, wild boar. Delicious. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Italian PizzaPittbullVIPDined on 6/22/2014I read the reviews before booking this restaurant and most of reviews were good and advertized as the place to go to eat the real italian pizza. Wow, NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!.... I'm REAL italian (moved here few years ago) and I don't know what kind of pizza those guys aet before, but this was really awful... I didn't digest it since the following morning and the tomato sauce and mozzarella didn't taste of the real one. Indeed, IF YOU ARE ITALIAN (real italian) DO NOT GO THERE! GranGusto Pizzeria in Cambridge is still #1 in Boston
- Great experience overallKayFDined on 6/21/2014Came to Quattro on a recommendation from a friend. There was a mixup when we checked in as they had us as a party of four which should have been six but they solved that with no problem. We got a great table at a window so we could be part of the indoor and outdoor experience. Our server was fabulous and the food was also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Quattro reviews archive.
- chubbybunny1Dined on 5/2/2014This is my go to in the north end. Great atmosphere, great service, great food. The octopus salad is phenomenal as well as the swordfish skewer. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best steak tips in the city!!Diningout14VIPDined on 4/27/2014you must order them!! i also love the meatballs and the fig pizza!!Special Features:
- MehAllisonDined on 4/22/2014Food was only so-so. We could have gotten a LOT better in the North End.Special Features:
- TerryTerryVIPDined on 4/19/2014This place was great last year. This time food was marginal at best. Pizza was soggy, too much sauce, not enough cheese! Waitress said they have different chefs and they are all different! Bad pizza is not ok. They need to train them for consistency . No excuse. All other food was bland and plain. Pasta was ok. Just ok. Not enough flavor.Special Features:
- A lovely experienceMinnesotanDined on 4/3/2014As visitors staying in different parts of the city, my wife, son and I wanted to meet up for dinner. We booked a table at the last minute without knowing much about Quattro. It was easy to find from Haymarket Station, the staff was welcoming and just attentive enough, but not overly so, and it was a great place to discuss our adventures. The interior character was more modern than I ever would have guessed from walking by, and just cool enough to make even us feel a bit stylish. Son had pizza, wife had a ravioli, I had a seafood pasta. All excellent. Summary: we walked feeling tired and stressed, and left feeling full, relaxed and satisfied. A quick stop at Modern Pastry (just steps away) for a cannoli was the perfect topper for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!PattyVIPDined on 3/29/2014We live in the North End and were presently surprised by this place! It had solid pastas that were unique compared to the menus for other places in the area. Which, if you haven't been, are almost identical as you walk down Hannover street. Best part, the prices weren't outrageous! Solid pastas for under $20. Try it!Special Features:
- Restaurant Week FindChrisDined on 3/25/2014I really enjoyed the atmosphere. They have done a great job renovating this and created a beautiful space. There was a good variety of delicious food and the portion sizes were great. I would definitely recommend Quattro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Food and Bad ServiceRandSDined on 3/18/2014For an Italian restaurant, they really don't know how to cook pasta. When one of our dishes came out all of the pasta was hard and stuck together to the point that it was unedible. Then the other dish was one of their specials, risotto. It was so unflavored and very bland. Basically, I was eating plain rice. It was not worth the money at all! It is also a fairly small restaurant with two servers. However, they only managed to come refill our waters after we asked several times. It was also really noisy and I could not hear the person across from talk.
- Could be betterFirsttimethereDined on 3/14/2014Food is good quality but not spectacular Expensive for what you get Frankly it is overpriced Underseasoned Entrees came too fast Alto strata in Wellesley far superior as is tratorria Toscana In Fenway This Restaurant looked better on paper Mare is far and away better I really wanted to like it more
- comfort spotDianaMDined on 3/11/2014Nice cozy spot with pretty good food and excellent service. all and all a comfortable, easy dining experience. would recommend it for dinner but would like to try lunch here next. we went the seafood, pasta route but would like to try their pizza which they are known for.Special Features:
- Hidden gem in little ItalyChrisDined on 3/1/2014Amazing menu much different than typical north end restaurants. Definitely one of my favorites - delicious grilled foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2014I eat here fairly regularly. The pizza is excellent, actually as good as you can find in northern Italy (but of course not as good as Naples and Rome). The rest of the food is good, not excellent. My main complaint is that the food comes out too fast, even when the restaurant is slow. Tell the server to give you some time between the antipasto and main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great pasta and appetizers, all reasonably prices. Don't miss the arancini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightMaryAnnDined on 2/14/2014Our first trip to Quattro was a great experience....good food, great service and a pleasant evening! We would highly recommend it for dinner in the North End!Special Features:
- Great Place and FoodJoseDined on 1/31/2014We enjoyed the ambients, great service and the quality of food. We willstrongly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Perfectly Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/19/2014And the prices were not bad either. My only complaint was that my fish was undercooked. The waiter was very nice and friendly. I'd go back any day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food the only drawbackMiddlesexVIPDined on 1/18/2014Good food the only drawback is the freezing cold air every time the door opens. We were close to the door and chilly most of the night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Pizza and PastaBdabrideVIPDined on 1/12/2014We stopped in for dinner simply because the greeter looked so friendly and welcoming. We have our usual go-to North End places but we wanted to try something new. We were so glad we did. The service was superb and the pizza, gnocci and pappardelle pasta were delicious. We are definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special place to dine!PhyllisVIPDined on 1/10/2014Amazing staff that strives to know their customers and remember their likes. Food is amazing, cooked to order and reasonable in price.Special Features:
- Authentic CuisineWineCopDined on 1/10/2014Servers at two other dinner-only Hannover St. restaurants said this is where they go for lunch. We went for dinner and understand why it is a favorite of rival restaurant servers. Fantastic food preparation with all in-house made pastas, served perfectly al dente. Prices are reasonable for both food and wine, and the wine list is better than expected. Only a 10 minute walk from TD Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomebeckyDined on 12/31/2013Had our New Years eve dinner there after doing a local bar crawl in Boston. Food was awesome, pizza after all our appetizers at other local establishments was the best finale to our year!! Love the place!! Was recommended to me and I would definitely pass it along!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good North End SpotRhianaHDined on 12/31/2013The food was great as was our waiter. The drink list and wine list was good. There was a great variety of food. It gets cold in the restaurant on cold days/nights because of the constant opening of the door. The dining area is very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in North EndKristenDined on 12/31/2013Quattro was a delight! The space is tight but the food, service and ambience were a hit. We had the Fig, Arugula & Goat Cheese Pizza was an appetizer which was delicious - so good we can't stop raving about it. We each got a pasta dish, which were both very tasty, though portions weren't super big. If we had not gotten the appetizer we might have left hungry. Pricing was good for the North End, compared to other local spots. Would definitely recommend Quattro, and excited to come back in the summer when the doors are open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful New Year's Eve DinnerAnnaBelle62Dined on 12/31/2013We arrived early for our reservation. No problem! We were seated by the window, where we watched the passersby on Hanover Street while sipping our cocktails. I had a Campari Spritzer, which was just perfect for ringing in a New Year. We ordered the Arancini & Potato Crochette & Fried Calimari & Fritto Misto. Both delicious, the latter being tender inside yet crispy outside, defining perfect calamari. There was a bit of a wait for apps, but, hey, it was New Years Eve! Our server brought more delicious bread to help us endure the short wait. Three of us ordered homemade pasta dishes which totally satisfied. The brick oven pizza was delectable as well. I would definitely would show up at Quattro again to satisfy my hungry belly. :-)Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I wantedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/30/2013My boyfriend and I wanted a more modern Italian restaurant in the North End and Quattro was perfect. We started with the fried potatoes and rice balls, which were piping hot and delicious. I got the roasted chicken ravioli and ate every bite. The portion wasn't enormous, which I appreciated because I don't eat a lot of pasta. My one complain is that it is rather small and we were quite close to the group next to us - four loud young women. Other than that, our server was lovely and we had a great time! We'll be back to try the kebabs and rotisserie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Christmas meal in yearsMjngangDined on 12/25/2013Went for Christmas dinner with family rather than cooking. Everything was outstanding. We all said Quattro is our new North End destination. All the food was delicious and reasonable. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service we wonderful...aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2013Food and service we wonderful...a really great place for just the two of us on Chistmas Eve!
- Another Delicious Option on HanoverRymurphy89Dined on 12/18/2013Finally came here with my girlfriend after walking by this spot for four months and it was well worth the wait! Staff was very friendly and the drink selection was fairly extensive (more so in the wine department). For starters the bread and olive oil/garlic was delicious and gave us some more time to make the incredibly decision of what we would eat. I ended up with the gnocchi which was absolutely delicious. It was cooked to perfection with delicious tomatoes and mozzarella and brought out to me in about 15 minutes after ordering. My girlfriend ordered a pizza and was equally satisfied. I had a slice of her pizza and can say that it is one of the best oven-roasted pizzas I've had in quite a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Handmade pasta and great ambiance!Vaness89Dined on 12/16/2013I went this past Monday night for a girl's holiday dinner to catch up, enjoy each others company during this busy season and of course, wine and dine. The waitress was amazing and very attentive to our needs and also gave us suggestions on what her favorite dishes were to help us narrow down the options. We each ordered a different glass of wine (absolutely delicious selection) and the Meatball Madness appetizer to share which was a great compliment to our wine. For the main course, I ordered the (handmade!) orecchiette with broccoli rabe and sausage - AMAZING! I would go back in a heart beat and it may very well have just moved up on one of my most highly recommended restaurants on Hanover list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quatro - eat like you are in Italy!MNMomDined on 11/30/2013Perfect small place for delicious individual sized pizzas - so flavorful - just wonderful! The appetizers are nice for sharing and the skewers come out so hot and fresh - you can't wait to eat them. Hard to decide what to try. The grilled stuffed calamari are perfectly cooked and very different. Funghi pizza just makes your tastebuds go crazy! Great place to come for a quick bite - yet you still feel like you are getting a wonderful dining experience. Nice wine selection and the pastas are just as good as the pizza & meat skewers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.