16 Sydenham Street
Dundas, ON L9H 2T4Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.quatrefoilrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9056287800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Fraser Macfarlane
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Quatrefoil
Chefs Fraser Macfarlane and Georgina Mitropoulos opened Quatrefoil Restaurant in May, 2010. Since then, the restaurant has been named among the top 10 best new Canadian restaurants of 2010 by enRoute Magazine, and among the top 10 best new restaurants of 2011 in Toronto by Toronto Life magazine. Quatrefoil Restaurant is also featured as a prime dining destination in the 2011 edition of Where to Eat in Canada. Located in the quaint community of Dundas, Ontario, the restaurant offers contemporary French cuisine in a charming heritage home turned modern eatery. Macfarlane and Mitropoulos, a husband-and-wife team, met in the kitchen of Toronto's Scaramouche Restaurant, before heading to Europe to seek out new food styles and experiences. Together, the pair has cooked in some of the best Michelin-starred restaurants in Europe, training under notable chefs such as Marco Pierre White, Gordon Ramsay and Gary Hollihead.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Quatrefoil - Best Restaurants in Dundas ›
Quatrefoil reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)fit for foodies (107)romantic (91)neighborhood gem (67)notable wine list (54)great for lunch (47)great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (27)hot spot (13)great for brunch (12)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- where have you been all my lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014This was our first visit but not our last. At first we were taken back by the limited menu however the food was an excitement for the palate each bite better than the one before. The decor equisite. We were quickly taken to our table which btw was a divine room to ourself which was perfect for our family celebration. The staff was delightful our server Kyle made our evening even more enjoyable. We will definitely be back QUATREFOIL!!! Magnifique!!! 5*Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.sweettoothDined on 10/17/2014The lunch prix fixe menu is a great bargain, much better than their dinner prix fixe menu in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Terrific food, service and wine. Not cheap, but still good value. Try the tasting menu....Special Features:
- Love Quatrefoil!luv2dineDined on 10/14/2014My husband has taken me here several times in the last few years for dinner and it is fantastic every time. We took my dad this time for his birthday dinner, and again it was great. They even had our favourite wine we enjoyed in Nice on our honeymoon this summer. Overall a great place for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the TripMountainManDined on 10/14/2014Visited for lunch on a quiet Tuesday afternoon following the Canadian Thanksgiving. Our small group all opted for the appealing and well priced 3 course prix fixe menu. Unlike many such offerings, the portions, quality and attention to detail far exceeded our expectations. A fresh salad was complimented by shaved carrot, beets, feta cheese and a wonderful dressing. Some guests opted for the beautiful rainbow trout on a bed of creamy lemon rissoto. One guests meatloaf selection drew similar rave reviews.A lovely bottle of local Ontario Pinot Noir complimented both entrees beautifully. Desserts of vanilla creme brule and deconstructed apple tart along with Caffe americanos rounded out the luncheon offering. Most enjoyable from start to finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinnermathguyDined on 10/11/2014We had yet another great meal at Quatrefoil. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was excellent and of a decent amount. When the wait staff learned of our anniversary, they treated us to two glasses of bubbly wine. A very enjoyable lunch and we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TitlereviewerDined on 10/9/2014Great experience. Creative food offerings were only exceeded by the service. As a bonus, no tree fell on our car.Special Features:
- MmacDined on 10/8/2014Overall a wonderful experience with excellent service and food. A great place to celebrate a special birthday. Three course lunch menu had good variety as well as price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwayschocolatequeenDined on 10/7/2014We've had the pleasure of visiting Quatrefoil on a number of occasions and have always enjoyed the experience. The wine list is excellent, even by the glass. We enjoyed the scallops and gnocchi appetizers, the beef tenderloin and black forest bomb immensely. The service was also excellent, as usual.Special Features:
- BeunobeunoDined on 10/4/2014A real treat for our anniversary - romantic, delicious and personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedwannabefoodieDined on 10/4/2014Perhaps I had built up too high expectations, but my food at Quatrefoil was not as good as I had hoped. I could have had the same quality food at a regular restaurant for half the price. I am willing to try Quatrefoil again, hoping it was only the food that I ordered that was disappointing and that the other menu items live up to expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor lunch experienceunpleasantDined on 10/4/2014We had an uncomfortable experience on Saturday, October 3 for lunch. Two of the four mains arrived at the table ,not just cool, but cold. Two people ordered Eggs Benedict, one of the three mains listed on the lunch special. The plates were not even slightly warm, the server should not have served them. The other two were hot and excellent. I felt the food should be returned to the kitchen, but the husbands just ate the eggs benedict with little enjoyment. The restaurant was not crowded, about 1/2 full. Should I return I will certainly let my server know that my food must arrive at the table hot. When you are paying $30.00 for lunch this is really poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Have been to Quatrefoil a few times and it never disappoints! Food creative and delicious. Quiet enough for conversation. Great service and knowledgeable staff!Special Features:
- Excellent placeCopper495Dined on 9/26/2014Good was amazing! Service even better! Great little place would never have thought to look for such a great restaurant where it is located! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite restaurantDundasFanDined on 9/26/2014Consistently perfect and gorgeous food, and warm, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat to dine here!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014The food, service and surroundings are consistently excellent. You pay for the privilege, but this is a restaurant for those nights when you have time to sit and savour beautiful food prepared with technical precision.Special Features:
- jantDined on 9/25/2014We spent a lovely anniversary dinner at Quatrefoil. We have been here before and always had a wonderful dinner, but this dinner was phenomenal - the tuna appetizer was amazing, the halibut and salmon entrees were delicious, and the complimentary amuse bouce was a lovely treat. Not only was the food fabulous, the presentation was beautiful and artistic. Service was friendly and professional, the whole evening was delightful - thanks Quatrefoil!Special Features:
- Great as usualsallygDined on 9/24/2014If there is one restaurant to go to for a special meal, this would be it. From the mouthwatering appetizers to the perfectly cooked beef tenderloin, every mouthful was bliss. Attentive staff, great wine suggestions. Overall 10/10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed the 5 course menu and asked for a wine paring which was a pleasant yes and good choices. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion SpotneighbourhoooddelightDined on 9/19/2014Quatrefoil is the restaurant we choose for a special occasion celebration. The staff is delightful; friendly and welcoming, yet sophisticated and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed the Friday night tasting menu. There was excellent variety and the opportunity to try a number of items on the regular menu. Good value for the quality and quantity of items.Special Features:
- Spring into colors but it was fallMaitriDined on 9/18/2014We love going to nice restaurants, ambiance is always such a mood setter. And in that Quatrefoil never disappoints, once the doors were actually unlocked and we were let in. I made a reservaton for noon, and found that the door was locked when we arrived. I had no idea noon meant that the door would be locked if we should show up 5 minutes early. The service was excellent from there on. Then food arrived, and while it was delicious, the colors were absolutely horrible. The fish was served on a bed of bright green risotto. That pink of the fish clashed with the green in ways I cannot even begin to describe. It was a very spring into Spring kind of a dish. Only we were there on Sept 18th and it was raining outside.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Hamilton AreaJudiDined on 9/13/2014This is our 6th or 7th dining experience at Quatrefoil and I can only say it is outstanding. The food is very creative and prepared to perfection. We had an excellent server, a female by the way, who timed our service to perfection. We were celebrating our daughter and son-in-laws birthdays and their 25th wedding anniversary as well. Everyone ordered something different and we were all extremely happy. Although the menu is relatively small, a good thing, I think, the selection is more than adequate. Many thanks and we will be back.Special Features:
- very goodQiaoCDined on 9/12/2014Good food, tried tasting menu. Very friendly serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for CelebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Quatrefoyle is never disappointment. The food is amazing to say the least and the service is outstanding. They make you feel as though you are 5 start dining without feeling stuffy. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone celebrating a special occasion. They make you feel at home and specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maintaining a high standardDundasfoodieDined on 9/6/2014From the moment we walked in the door we were met with service that was attentive, friendly and interested in us without being intrusive, The atmosphere is one of quiet elegance and it is clear that diners are there because of one thing only - the quality of the food. From a delightful amuse-bouche of a crispy corn and nut mouthful, to starters (scallops and tuna) that were full of interesting flavors, attractive in presentation and perfect in amount and to entrees (duck and rack of lamb) that were similarly melt-in the -mouth perfect Quatrefoil maintained is reputation as the pre-eminent food destination in this area of the Golden Horseshoe. All was accompanied by an excellent Barolo and two happy diners were more than satisfied.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysDerbyDined on 9/6/2014Great lunch. The show went on without a hitch even though a huge tree can down on the property that am and did some damage on the street. Most was cleaned up by opening which was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedSmeltyDined on 9/4/2014We had never been before and had heard great things. We were pretty disappointed. The meals were pretty sloppy and not very well presented and we really felt like the place is not generally busy on Thursday nights and they had their back up chefs running the kitchen. The meal was not much better than what I would expect at a roadhouse chain - definitely not fine dining and not worth the price. The amuse bouche was very beautifully prepared and presented and the breads were delicious. We will try the place again because everyone raves about it so much. We expect we were simply there on an off night.
- frenchieDined on 9/4/2014another wonderful experience!This restaurant never disappoints, every course was excellent and service was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Surprise!mamamiaDined on 9/2/2014My husband and I wanted to try something romantic and quiet for our anniversary. We had heard some great things about this place and have been meaning to try it for some time. We both thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. It's the best meal we've had out in a long time. The food was fabulous and the service exceptional. The ambiance was perfect plus I loved the rose placed on each table. Nice touch! Will definitely come for dinner next time with friends. Thanks for a memorable time!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blacksheepDined on 8/30/2014Quatrefoil was a 10 in every way, a perfect evening, great food, correct portions,nice wait staff, nice an quiet ambiance. When i visit my children again we will definitely make a return visit. In fact we are making a reservation for 10 for lunch on 9/4 before I head back to Georgia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningYYZLHFCODined on 8/30/2014We went to Quatrefoil for a birthday celebration and had one of the best restaurant meals we have ever had. Jose, our waiter, ensured that every detail was perfect. We look forward to our next opportunity to dine at this very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous all around experienceLexigrlDined on 8/29/2014The wonderful reviews I read about Quatrefoil were accurate. My husband and I came for a date night and were wowed by the all around experience. Impeccable service and outstanding food quality made with fresh ingredients. This quaint gem is perfect for a night of romance or to whoo some special people in your life. Sit back and enjoy the tasting menu. So many delicious and delectable dishes that we could not pick a favour one. We could definitely go back alone simply for the gnocchi, albacore tuna, organic salmon AND the beef tenderloin. Even the coffee and petits four (consisting of apricot macaron + white chocolate truffles) was divine. For all the foodies out there, this must be considered as your next go-to. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!TwoMacsDined on 8/22/2014We will definitely be back!! Had the tasting menu, every course was a different taste, the flavours just danced in our mouths!! Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014This place is a real treat. Every time we go there is always a pleasant surprise. This time I had a pork chop something I find most place tend to have it a bit fatty which Quatrefoil made it moist without the grease. Service is also first rate. A place we will continue to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found!!! Great Lunch in Dundas ONPeacockDined on 8/22/2014Business lunch; found Quatrefoil on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a shot. Great little restaurant with a dining room and a lovely patio on a side street in Dundas. Outstanding soup made with real care and craft and a finite attention to detail - the croutons were crispy thin fried polenta coins with black squid ink. Seared tuna was perfectly done - cool and raw in the centre. Exceptional place. definitely will return to try their dinner menu soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great - every detail was in placeManoRunFarmDined on 8/20/2014Thanks for the great meal both taste and service. great menu and clear about where the food came from.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary25yrswowDined on 8/19/2014It was a very enjoyable time out. We were treated well, and the atmosphere was elegant yet homey. Great Job!!Special Features:
- Great timeBeeristDined on 8/19/2014The limited menu means time is spent properly on each dish. We were not disappointed. Fish was properly cooked. Wine list is quite good.. Too bad the Neustadt beer was not working properly. The next time will be for lunch on the outside patiio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyTasterDined on 8/19/2014It can be difficult (impossible) to find a fine dining experience in the Hamilton / Dundas / Ancaster region so it was a treat to try Quatrefoil. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.