16 Sydenham Street
Dundas, ON L9H 2T4Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.quatrefoilrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9056287800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Fraser Macfarlane
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Quatrefoil
Chefs Fraser Macfarlane and Georgina Mitropoulos opened Quatrefoil Restaurant in May, 2010. Since then, the restaurant has been named among the top 10 best new Canadian restaurants of 2010 by enRoute Magazine, and among the top 10 best new restaurants of 2011 in Toronto by Toronto Life magazine. Quatrefoil Restaurant is also featured as a prime dining destination in the 2011 edition of Where to Eat in Canada. Located in the quaint community of Dundas, Ontario, the restaurant offers contemporary French cuisine in a charming heritage home turned modern eatery. Macfarlane and Mitropoulos, a husband-and-wife team, met in the kitchen of Toronto's Scaramouche Restaurant, before heading to Europe to seek out new food styles and experiences. Together, the pair has cooked in some of the best Michelin-starred restaurants in Europe, training under notable chefs such as Marco Pierre White, Gordon Ramsay and Gary Hollihead.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Quatrefoil - Best Restaurants in Dundas ›
Quatrefoil reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (105)fit for foodies (93)romantic (79)neighborhood gem (59)notable wine list (51)great for lunch (38)great for outdoor dining (38)good for groups (24)hot spot (13)great for brunch (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Yummy tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed the 5 course menu and asked for a wine paring which was a pleasant yes and good choices. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Quatrefoil is the restaurant we choose for a special occasion celebration. The staff is delightful; friendly and welcoming, yet sophisticated and professional. We thoroughly enjoyed the Friday night tasting menu. There was excellent variety and the opportunity to try a number of items on the regular menu. Good value for the quality and quantity of items.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Hamilton AreaJudiDined on 9/13/2014This is our 6th or 7th dining experience at Quatrefoil and I can only say it is outstanding. The food is very creative and prepared to perfection. We had an excellent server, a female by the way, who timed our service to perfection. We were celebrating our daughter and son-in-laws birthdays and their 25th wedding anniversary as well. Everyone ordered something different and we were all extremely happy. Although the menu is relatively small, a good thing, I think, the selection is more than adequate. Many thanks and we will be back.Special Features:
- very goodQiaoCDined on 9/12/2014Good food, tried tasting menu. Very friendly serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for CelebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Quatrefoyle is never disappointment. The food is amazing to say the least and the service is outstanding. They make you feel as though you are 5 start dining without feeling stuffy. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone celebrating a special occasion. They make you feel at home and specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maintaining a high standardDundasfoodieDined on 9/6/2014From the moment we walked in the door we were met with service that was attentive, friendly and interested in us without being intrusive, The atmosphere is one of quiet elegance and it is clear that diners are there because of one thing only - the quality of the food. From a delightful amuse-bouche of a crispy corn and nut mouthful, to starters (scallops and tuna) that were full of interesting flavors, attractive in presentation and perfect in amount and to entrees (duck and rack of lamb) that were similarly melt-in the -mouth perfect Quatrefoil maintained is reputation as the pre-eminent food destination in this area of the Golden Horseshoe. All was accompanied by an excellent Barolo and two happy diners were more than satisfied.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysDerbyDined on 9/6/2014Great lunch. The show went on without a hitch even though a huge tree can down on the property that am and did some damage on the street. Most was cleaned up by opening which was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedSmeltyDined on 9/4/2014We had never been before and had heard great things. We were pretty disappointed. The meals were pretty sloppy and not very well presented and we really felt like the place is not generally busy on Thursday nights and they had their back up chefs running the kitchen. The meal was not much better than what I would expect at a roadhouse chain - definitely not fine dining and not worth the price. The amuse bouche was very beautifully prepared and presented and the breads were delicious. We will try the place again because everyone raves about it so much. We expect we were simply there on an off night.
- frenchieDined on 9/4/2014another wonderful experience!This restaurant never disappoints, every course was excellent and service was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Surprise!mamamiaDined on 9/2/2014My husband and I wanted to try something romantic and quiet for our anniversary. We had heard some great things about this place and have been meaning to try it for some time. We both thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. It's the best meal we've had out in a long time. The food was fabulous and the service exceptional. The ambiance was perfect plus I loved the rose placed on each table. Nice touch! Will definitely come for dinner next time with friends. Thanks for a memorable time!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blacksheepDined on 8/30/2014Quatrefoil was a 10 in every way, a perfect evening, great food, correct portions,nice wait staff, nice an quiet ambiance. When i visit my children again we will definitely make a return visit. In fact we are making a reservation for 10 for lunch on 9/4 before I head back to Georgia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningYYZLHFCODined on 8/30/2014We went to Quatrefoil for a birthday celebration and had one of the best restaurant meals we have ever had. Jose, our waiter, ensured that every detail was perfect. We look forward to our next opportunity to dine at this very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous all around experienceLexigrlDined on 8/29/2014The wonderful reviews I read about Quatrefoil were accurate. My husband and I came for a date night and were wowed by the all around experience. Impeccable service and outstanding food quality made with fresh ingredients. This quaint gem is perfect for a night of romance or to whoo some special people in your life. Sit back and enjoy the tasting menu. So many delicious and delectable dishes that we could not pick a favour one. We could definitely go back alone simply for the gnocchi, albacore tuna, organic salmon AND the beef tenderloin. Even the coffee and petits four (consisting of apricot macaron + white chocolate truffles) was divine. For all the foodies out there, this must be considered as your next go-to. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!TwoMacsDined on 8/22/2014We will definitely be back!! Had the tasting menu, every course was a different taste, the flavours just danced in our mouths!! Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014This place is a real treat. Every time we go there is always a pleasant surprise. This time I had a pork chop something I find most place tend to have it a bit fatty which Quatrefoil made it moist without the grease. Service is also first rate. A place we will continue to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found!!! Great Lunch in Dundas ONPeacockDined on 8/22/2014Business lunch; found Quatrefoil on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a shot. Great little restaurant with a dining room and a lovely patio on a side street in Dundas. Outstanding soup made with real care and craft and a finite attention to detail - the croutons were crispy thin fried polenta coins with black squid ink. Seared tuna was perfectly done - cool and raw in the centre. Exceptional place. definitely will return to try their dinner menu soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great - every detail was in placeManoRunFarmDined on 8/20/2014Thanks for the great meal both taste and service. great menu and clear about where the food came from.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary25yrswowDined on 8/19/2014It was a very enjoyable time out. We were treated well, and the atmosphere was elegant yet homey. Great Job!!Special Features:
- Great timeBeeristDined on 8/19/2014The limited menu means time is spent properly on each dish. We were not disappointed. Fish was properly cooked. Wine list is quite good.. Too bad the Neustadt beer was not working properly. The next time will be for lunch on the outside patiio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyTasterDined on 8/19/2014It can be difficult (impossible) to find a fine dining experience in the Hamilton / Dundas / Ancaster region so it was a treat to try Quatrefoil. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!SS9000Dined on 8/15/2014Took my fiancée here for a pre-birthday dinner! Initially we were sat at a noisy table near the kitchen, but we requested to be seated at the back, which was accommodated. Both of us went for the tasting menu on a Friday night, and we were not disappointed! The food was high quality and the service was exceptional. They even gave my fiancée a little something for her birthday, which was a nice surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday NighthappytogetoutDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the prix fixe menu on a recent visit. The food was delicious, high quality, inventive. Great value. Beautiful room.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014All aspects of our Prix fixe meal were delicious. AT $30 for three courses, it was very good value. We chose a rich meal, but other options were available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ciboDined on 8/8/2014Food is excellent and beautifully presented. Delicious combination of flavours.Special Features:
- DeliciousDeliciousDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time, very impressed! Staff very attentive and food exquisit!! Would definitely return and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Fabulous!PurpleDined on 8/2/2014My 2 daughters and myself topped off our bridal dress looking day in Waterdown and Dundas with a first time visit to Quatrefoil. My husband (their dad) joined us for dinner. The evening was totally special - the reason, the food choices, the attentive waiter and the ambience. We can hardly wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion diningTierDined on 8/2/2014We had a party of four for dinner - all raved about the taste and quality of preparation for all courses and the professional service. The bread included was a lovely addition and melt-in your-mouth texture. We absolutely loved the unexpected and tasty amuse-bouche. All four of us had fish - cooked to tender perfection. The creative use of pureed sauces and accompanying veggies complemented the milder fish dishes. The only bite that did not measure up was the chocolate truffle and corn macaroon at the very end...although we appreciated the gesture. Definitely Quatrefoil is on our "must return" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- francoDined on 8/2/2014My wife & I were celbrating our anniversary and decided to have a patio lunch at Quatrefoil.Our lunch was superb!As well, our servers were friendly, polite and professional.Special Features:
- Perfect Dundas Diningmrs2dmDined on 8/2/2014I'm lucky to live just a short walk from Quatrefoil, but I don't go there often enough. I had heard that their prixe fixed lunch was a great deal and it certainly is. I made a reservation for Saturday noon for lunch with my BFF from out of town. It was a lovely summer day and we sat outside on the patio, which is just off a busy street in Dundas, but you would hardly know it -- seems like a secluded, garden atmosphere. For $30 each we had a delicious 3-course lunch. I had the salad, rainbow trout and creme brulee and my friend went with the calamari, roast duck leg and blueberry cheesecake. The portions were good and we were quite full by the end. My trout came with a spinach risotto, which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelectableMelandJJDined on 8/1/2014The patio was nice and tables are far enough apart you don't hear other conversation. The food was amazing and we had great service. Going back fo dinner tomorrow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Touch of classOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014It converted Dundas from a stodgy backwater to "a place to go".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSB22lovestoeatDined on 8/1/2014Great food , friendly service Ate outside in the garden Must ry if you haven N't already tried this place Best hamburger I've ever had !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ingredients, preparation, whimsymarkhahnDined on 7/30/2014Great ingredients, well-prepared, presented, served. Most of all, I appreciated that every dish had a certain unexpected element. Corn "chowder" was a wonderful coconut curry, with lemongrass and an amazing corn dumpling-like thing (which was incredibly light, crispy, richly corn-tasting with still-tender corn grains.) Veal loin covered in leek ash sounds weird, but was amazingly successful. Rhubarb panna cotta with an amazing beer sorbet (wheat beer, I think, and hoppy enough to give an amazing dimension.) Even the baby yellow beets and parsnip with the main were intense with flavor (and an amazing green-onion-cake-like thing under the meat...) There's no doubt it's expensive, but it's memorably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with 8 friendsdeliciousdiningDined on 7/25/2014We heard this restaurant was very good. The presentation was amazing. The portions were just enough. Lovely atmosphere. Waiter/waitresses very helpful and knowledgeable. I would definitely dine here again. There was only one bad thing my hubby had the oyster appetizer and one oyster was bad. He told me after on the way home. But all in all very impressive. Lived up to all hype regarding this place. Thanks for lovely evening.Special Features:
- A special placeThriftyDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I do not usually eat at fine (a.k.a. expensive) restaurants, in part because we fear that the quality will not justify the expense, but this was a special occasion (her retirement). For people like us, as well as for those who simply like to eat well, I thoroughly recommend Quatrefoil. Excellent food, wine, and service: attentive but not obtrusive. We ate outside. The setting -- close to downtown Dundas -- is very pleasant. We had dinner here, but I can imagine that the shaded patio would be excellent for a lunch, coupled with a local day out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I really appreciate the selection of half bottles on the excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Out of the way, but worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014French inspired cuisine is creative and intricate in flavors. Foie gras torchon was fabulous, with many complementing flavors on the sides. Gnocchi was el dente, very tasty sauce and served with fresh garden peas. Veal loin was done to perfection and all sides were wonderful. The striped bass was an unexpected success and the portion was substantial. Rhubarb panna cotta was a tasty dessert. Pressed coffee was very aromatic. Service was very good, with just the right amount of attention. $30 corkage allows diners to bring that special bottle of wine, we took advantage with our 1996 Bordeaux. Ambiance is somewhat formal, but comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super tasting menu on FridayalexsevignyDined on 7/18/2014An excellent five course tasting menu on Fridays for $55. Service was superb and friendly. Sommelier made excellent recommendations and was friendly and approachable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!DoomcrusherDined on 7/16/2014Great food. The details that are in the plating are amazing. It all adds up to a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great experience at this wonderful restaurant. Excellent and courteous service, FANTASTIC food and quite an impressive wine list with varied choices by the glass, half bottles and all styles and prices by the bottle. Everything from the amuse bouche to the petits fours was made with great attention to detail. Kudos to everyone involved in the whole operation of this fantastic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.