16 Sydenham Street
Dundas, ON L9H 2T4Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.quatrefoilrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9056287800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Fraser Macfarlane
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Quatrefoil
Chefs Fraser Macfarlane and Georgina Mitropoulos opened Quatrefoil Restaurant in May, 2010. Since then, the restaurant has been named among the top 10 best new Canadian restaurants of 2010 by enRoute Magazine, and among the top 10 best new restaurants of 2011 in Toronto by Toronto Life magazine. Quatrefoil Restaurant is also featured as a prime dining destination in the 2011 edition of Where to Eat in Canada. Located in the quaint community of Dundas, Ontario, the restaurant offers contemporary French cuisine in a charming heritage home turned modern eatery. Macfarlane and Mitropoulos, a husband-and-wife team, met in the kitchen of Toronto's Scaramouche Restaurant, before heading to Europe to seek out new food styles and experiences. Together, the pair has cooked in some of the best Michelin-starred restaurants in Europe, training under notable chefs such as Marco Pierre White, Gordon Ramsay and Gary Hollihead.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Quatrefoil - Best Restaurants in Dundas ›
Quatrefoil reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)fit for foodies (91)romantic (75)neighborhood gem (61)notable wine list (47)great for outdoor dining (40)great for lunch (37)good for groups (24)great for brunch (11)hot spot (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Awesome!!!TwoMacsDined on 8/22/2014We will definitely be back!! Had the tasting menu, every course was a different taste, the flavours just danced in our mouths!! Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014This place is a real treat. Every time we go there is always a pleasant surprise. This time I had a pork chop something I find most place tend to have it a bit fatty which Quatrefoil made it moist without the grease. Service is also first rate. A place we will continue to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found!!! Great Lunch in Dundas ONPeacockDined on 8/22/2014Business lunch; found Quatrefoil on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a shot. Great little restaurant with a dining room and a lovely patio on a side street in Dundas. Outstanding soup made with real care and craft and a finite attention to detail - the croutons were crispy thin fried polenta coins with black squid ink. Seared tuna was perfectly done - cool and raw in the centre. Exceptional place. definitely will return to try their dinner menu soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great - every detail was in placeManoRunFarmDined on 8/20/2014Thanks for the great meal both taste and service. great menu and clear about where the food came from.Special Features:
- Happy Anniversary25yrswowDined on 8/19/2014It was a very enjoyable time out. We were treated well, and the atmosphere was elegant yet homey. Great Job!!Special Features:
- Great timeBeeristDined on 8/19/2014The limited menu means time is spent properly on each dish. We were not disappointed. Fish was properly cooked. Wine list is quite good.. Too bad the Neustadt beer was not working properly. The next time will be for lunch on the outside patiio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyTasterDined on 8/19/2014It can be difficult (impossible) to find a fine dining experience in the Hamilton / Dundas / Ancaster region so it was a treat to try Quatrefoil. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!SS9000Dined on 8/15/2014Took my fiancée here for a pre-birthday dinner! Initially we were sat at a noisy table near the kitchen, but we requested to be seated at the back, which was accommodated. Both of us went for the tasting menu on a Friday night, and we were not disappointed! The food was high quality and the service was exceptional. They even gave my fiancée a little something for her birthday, which was a nice surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday NighthappytogetoutDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the prix fixe menu on a recent visit. The food was delicious, high quality, inventive. Great value. Beautiful room.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014All aspects of our Prix fixe meal were delicious. AT $30 for three courses, it was very good value. We chose a rich meal, but other options were available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ciboDined on 8/8/2014Food is excellent and beautifully presented. Delicious combination of flavours.Special Features:
- DeliciousDeliciousDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time, very impressed! Staff very attentive and food exquisit!! Would definitely return and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Fabulous!PurpleDined on 8/2/2014My 2 daughters and myself topped off our bridal dress looking day in Waterdown and Dundas with a first time visit to Quatrefoil. My husband (their dad) joined us for dinner. The evening was totally special - the reason, the food choices, the attentive waiter and the ambience. We can hardly wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion diningTierDined on 8/2/2014We had a party of four for dinner - all raved about the taste and quality of preparation for all courses and the professional service. The bread included was a lovely addition and melt-in your-mouth texture. We absolutely loved the unexpected and tasty amuse-bouche. All four of us had fish - cooked to tender perfection. The creative use of pureed sauces and accompanying veggies complemented the milder fish dishes. The only bite that did not measure up was the chocolate truffle and corn macaroon at the very end...although we appreciated the gesture. Definitely Quatrefoil is on our "must return" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- francoDined on 8/2/2014My wife & I were celbrating our anniversary and decided to have a patio lunch at Quatrefoil.Our lunch was superb!As well, our servers were friendly, polite and professional.Special Features:
- Perfect Dundas Diningmrs2dmDined on 8/2/2014I'm lucky to live just a short walk from Quatrefoil, but I don't go there often enough. I had heard that their prixe fixed lunch was a great deal and it certainly is. I made a reservation for Saturday noon for lunch with my BFF from out of town. It was a lovely summer day and we sat outside on the patio, which is just off a busy street in Dundas, but you would hardly know it -- seems like a secluded, garden atmosphere. For $30 each we had a delicious 3-course lunch. I had the salad, rainbow trout and creme brulee and my friend went with the calamari, roast duck leg and blueberry cheesecake. The portions were good and we were quite full by the end. My trout came with a spinach risotto, which was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelectableMelandJJDined on 8/1/2014The patio was nice and tables are far enough apart you don't hear other conversation. The food was amazing and we had great service. Going back fo dinner tomorrow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Touch of classOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014It converted Dundas from a stodgy backwater to "a place to go".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSB22lovestoeatDined on 8/1/2014Great food , friendly service Ate outside in the garden Must ry if you haven N't already tried this place Best hamburger I've ever had !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ingredients, preparation, whimsymarkhahnDined on 7/30/2014Great ingredients, well-prepared, presented, served. Most of all, I appreciated that every dish had a certain unexpected element. Corn "chowder" was a wonderful coconut curry, with lemongrass and an amazing corn dumpling-like thing (which was incredibly light, crispy, richly corn-tasting with still-tender corn grains.) Veal loin covered in leek ash sounds weird, but was amazingly successful. Rhubarb panna cotta with an amazing beer sorbet (wheat beer, I think, and hoppy enough to give an amazing dimension.) Even the baby yellow beets and parsnip with the main were intense with flavor (and an amazing green-onion-cake-like thing under the meat...) There's no doubt it's expensive, but it's memorably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with 8 friendsdeliciousdiningDined on 7/25/2014We heard this restaurant was very good. The presentation was amazing. The portions were just enough. Lovely atmosphere. Waiter/waitresses very helpful and knowledgeable. I would definitely dine here again. There was only one bad thing my hubby had the oyster appetizer and one oyster was bad. He told me after on the way home. But all in all very impressive. Lived up to all hype regarding this place. Thanks for lovely evening.Special Features:
- A special placeThriftyDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I do not usually eat at fine (a.k.a. expensive) restaurants, in part because we fear that the quality will not justify the expense, but this was a special occasion (her retirement). For people like us, as well as for those who simply like to eat well, I thoroughly recommend Quatrefoil. Excellent food, wine, and service: attentive but not obtrusive. We ate outside. The setting -- close to downtown Dundas -- is very pleasant. We had dinner here, but I can imagine that the shaded patio would be excellent for a lunch, coupled with a local day out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I really appreciate the selection of half bottles on the excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Out of the way, but worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014French inspired cuisine is creative and intricate in flavors. Foie gras torchon was fabulous, with many complementing flavors on the sides. Gnocchi was el dente, very tasty sauce and served with fresh garden peas. Veal loin was done to perfection and all sides were wonderful. The striped bass was an unexpected success and the portion was substantial. Rhubarb panna cotta was a tasty dessert. Pressed coffee was very aromatic. Service was very good, with just the right amount of attention. $30 corkage allows diners to bring that special bottle of wine, we took advantage with our 1996 Bordeaux. Ambiance is somewhat formal, but comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super tasting menu on FridayalexsevignyDined on 7/18/2014An excellent five course tasting menu on Fridays for $55. Service was superb and friendly. Sommelier made excellent recommendations and was friendly and approachable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!DoomcrusherDined on 7/16/2014Great food. The details that are in the plating are amazing. It all adds up to a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great experience at this wonderful restaurant. Excellent and courteous service, FANTASTIC food and quite an impressive wine list with varied choices by the glass, half bottles and all styles and prices by the bottle. Everything from the amuse bouche to the petits fours was made with great attention to detail. Kudos to everyone involved in the whole operation of this fantastic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best dinners we ever hadJohnMcTDined on 7/11/2014On Friday we went to Quatrefoil for my wife's birthday. We were expecting a great dinner as we had been there before and why drive from Georgetown to Dundas if it was not going to be special. They REALLY OUT DID THEMSELVES, and yes the caps were necessary. They are now doing a 5 course tasting menu on the weekend. It sounded really great so we both went for it. I asked the server whether they could do a wine pairing with the meal and he said yes. The amuse bouche was a small deviled quail egg with a crispy parmesan dust. Then we went to a warm white asparagus salad with garlic prosciutto. Then fried salmon, with a crisp skin that you have to eat, it made the dish. Then an ash covered veal medallion. No more room, so JUST COME HERE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Anniversary Meal to RememberDiningDundas1Dined on 7/11/2014The tasting menu was outstanding, delicious with many flavours to savour, beautifully presented and just enough without leaving you hunger or overstuffed. The service was attentive but not at all intrusive. The atmosphere quiet, serene and elegant. We had a memorable meal and dining experience for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014The venison was delicious - we cannot remember having such a memorable entree. As usual the Tawse pinot noir was perfect. We love those little extrsa like the amuse bouche and your professinal staff. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ExperienceFoodiefirstDined on 7/9/2014My husband and I joined my Brother and Sister-In law for a nice "catch up" Dinner. We all love a Fine Food experience and enjoy trying different restruants. This was a first time visit for Dinner for all of us. (I was there once for lunch and was impressed then) The Food was second to none! All of us enjoyed our courses and were very impressed with the Flavours, Quality and presentation of the Food. the Service was professional and attentive. the Decor is gorgeous and I would recommend this restruant for any special occasion or romantic dinner for two. It is a little on the pricey side but worth every penny. 5 Stars from this Foodie!!!Special Features:
- YumWestendfoodieDined on 7/8/2014I enjoyed every mouthful. The beef tenderloin was excellent and the gnocchi was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susieDined on 7/8/2014From the amazing bread they give to the end dessert every morsel was delicious. The service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatWelshcakeDined on 6/25/2014We wanted to treat a friend for her birthday and were not disappointed. The food was delicious and the service great. Our friend chose not to have dessert but the restaurant provided a couple of home-made chocolates on a small plate with a birthday candle, a thoughtful and appreciated touch,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Great!!DoctorFineDined on 6/21/2014Bon appetit! A restaurant reminiscent of those found in Paris, France. Beautiful restored home in a neighborhood (so very quiet). Maitre D very attentive to us on arrival. Professional waiter. Every dish from appetizer to dessert was so tasty! Commented to my wife that among the hundreds of restaurants we have dined at over the past 10 years, this restaurant ranks in the top 3!!! Bon appetit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticmbsfoodDined on 6/20/2014Been here for many special dinners. Always worth the trip from Toronto. A Foodie's dream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceneed2returnsoonDined on 6/18/2014Wow. I love this place! The food is amazing. Every thing I try, I love. The servers know the wines and are attentive and polite. The reservation process was simple. I will be back many times over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quatrefoil - Lovely!Savour2LiveDined on 6/14/2014Quatrefoil is the most obvious sign that Dundas is in the midst of a renaissance, and has been for some time. Nice to see Cumbrae's, the local butcher credited on the menu. Four perfect meals nestled within a tranquil valley full of trees to dapple the setting sun. The food was made and served by people who love what they do. Who could possibly ask for anything more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014absolutely beautiful restaurant, decor was impeccable food was amazing..... no complaints here.... love the dining experience love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArlieDined on 6/13/2014Enjoyed the summer tasting menu......too bad everyone at the table has to have it. But loved the relaxing way to eat and the time between each courseSpecial Features: