626 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.quartinochicago.com/
- Phone: 3126985000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar Daily: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: John Coletta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Quartino embraces the true essence and environment of an authentic Italian urban ristorante, pizzeria and wine bar in quintessential Gibsons Restaurant Group style. Quartino can accommodate private parties of 10-100 guests for luncheons, cocktail & antipasti parties, and dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Jensen 8886413569
A word from Quartino
Quartino, an urban Italian restaurant and wine bar, is the creation of Hugo Ralli, Steve Lombardo (owners of Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse, Hugo’s Frog Bar & Fish House, LUXBAR) and Exec Chef / Partner John Coletta. Quartino combines the best of Italy’s osteria and enoteca to offer an authentic everyday Italian food and wine experience. “Where wine is cheaper than water” Throughout Europe, in bistro after osteria after enoteca, fresh local wines of high quality and unique characteristics are priced as a less expensive alternative to bottled water. Reservation requests for patio seating are not accepted. Patio seating is first come, first serve.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Quartino - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Quartino reviews from OpenTable diners
654 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (390)fit for foodies (297)great for outdoor dining (246)hot spot (213)neighborhood gem (210)notable wine list (175)special occasion (169)great for lunch (128)romantic (99)late-night find (98)vibrant bar scene (94)kid-friendly (88)scenic view (29)great for brunch (23)Show More
- ok, not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014The food was not as I had expected, given the hype around Quartino. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Good to try variety.JaneDined on 10/29/2014This is a good place for people who want to try new things. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableKMaiDined on 10/28/2014I've been to Quartino for dates & small groups for business, and the service, selection/variety, and speed in which we receive menu items is ALWAYS reliable.Special Features:
- food8750Dined on 10/25/2014We were there on a Saturday night. The food was very very good. The service was ok. Both the bartender (we had drinks at bar first) had a bit of attitude. It was crazy loud! Large parties all around us (we were party of 4) The food was very very good! I would go back for the food, and go during week and ask for a quieter table.....maybe upstairs?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serciceMrscatDined on 10/25/2014Our waiter, Ryan France was awesome.... He made great recommendations for us. Food is excellant, definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnaVIPDined on 10/25/2014Everything was very good except our shrimp dish. The shrimp was over cooked and chewy. It was supposed to be spicy, but wasn't. Would still go back again, but not order the shrimp.Special Features:
- Always greatSRDuncanDined on 10/25/2014Tremendous selection of shareable dishes appropriate for vegetarians and meat lovers alike. Many dishes are seasonally inspired, try the rigatoni with butternut squash. Make a reservation or go at lunch, always busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastless foodBuddyPVIPDined on 10/24/2014Last Friday evening we had reservations for 9 adults and a baby. We picked 3 people up at Midway, and 5 of us were 10 minutes late. Our table was ready but they refused to sit the bulk of our group until everyone arrived. Once we arrived the male manager demonstrated a real attitude and made us wait 10 more minutes until we were seated. Our server Mike Frie was worthless. We asked for recommendations since we had a large party. He appeared to be having a bad evening and could care less about our table. The food was mediocre at best. The pizza was tasteless. Try using seasoning next time. The shrimp risotto and cannoli also had no flavor. The bread was good. We were totally disappointed with the entire experience.Special Features:
- Tapas styleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Dinner for three entertaining out of town visitor. The tapas style was perfect to keeping the conversation going and tasting several things on the menu when none of us had dined here before. We ordered a nice bottle of wine then proceeded to pick through the menu, ordering a cheese and salami plate, gnocchi, brussel sprouts, and short ribs. Everything was excellent and we could have ordered more. We sat in a smaller room off from the main room, but this place is huge with two floors. It is a little loud due to lots of jovial groups, but the atmosphere is energetic. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/24/2014My girlfriend and I went there for our anniversary. I highly recommend the $25 assortment appetizer. Fontina cheese is a must! It was a little noisy, but that's expected given how large the restaurant is. I loved the combination of energy and romance all bundled into one. One of the servers explained the menu and how ordering entrees to share was recommended. Very helpful! We're definitely going back!Special Features:
- Good ItalianFLTravelerDined on 10/20/2014Noisy and crowded, but the food is very good and reasonably priced for the city. Excellent selection, and good service. A keeper in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but crowdedKilogDined on 10/19/2014Overall, a great meal and experience; the tables are crowded too close together and we got bumped with every passing body.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointmentyyc99Dined on 10/19/2014We were recommended this restaurant by concierge. The hostesses were rather rude. It's a lively, loud, busy place. Our waiter was great but the food was so bland! Risotto needed salt and so did my pasta! My first pasta I sent back because the bolognese tasted like beef stew. No tomatoe sauce! Runny and gross. No one out of our party of 6 was overly impressed. There's another italian restaurant right across the street that is much better!!Special Features:
- Wonderful NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Ordering small plates of food is a great feature, we had an assortment of things, everyone one of them was terrific, the manager even sent us a complimentary dish. The place was filled with a really nice vibe, overall it was a wonderful night.Special Features:
- All-around Special OccasionAmandaDined on 10/18/2014Quartino has been a favorite of mine for years and each time never disappoints. The crowd this visit was very vibrant and the place was packed. The waiters are top notch and our delivered our first dishes quickly and even made suggestions to new items on the menu. Don't leave without trying the house-made duck prosciutto! Quartino has one of the best wine lists I have come across with regard to boldness of flavor and complements to the flavors of their dishes. Even though this visit celebrated my birthday, Quartino makes you feel like every visit is a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience was not as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Would have liked a tablecloth on my table, food could have tasted better. Seating was too tight we could barely move without bumping into someone. Honestly Olive Garden is better in my opinion.Special Features:
- Always busy, but always worth itbananabreadDined on 10/18/2014On Saturday nights Quartino is always a MESS. We had the worst table in the house, and an extremely rushed server, but we were able to relieve him of being too attentive to us, and the packed house allowed us to enjoy each course without feeling hustled into the next. The food is consistent in quality every time I go, and I will keep going.Special Features:
- Fabulous !LisaDined on 10/18/2014Our favorite place when we come to town! A must!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually good but food disappointedmm76VIPDined on 10/18/2014This food was disappointing this time. Salad was sent back as chewy. Both pizzas were over cooked. Should have sent them back. Usually this place has good food. Maybe an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for ChicagoFoodiequeenDined on 10/17/2014Quartinos came highly recommended by a friend and it did not disappoint. Each small plate was exceptional and our party of five left with several containers of leftovers. Reservations are a smart idea- and I will be making mine well in advance the next time I am in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Tapasnirud14Dined on 10/17/2014The food at Quartino was reasonably priced and my friend and I had shared small platters of many typical Italian appetizers. The service was fast and attentive. We arrived early for dinner and we were seated pretty quickly. My friend was from out of town and we were hoping to do some catching up. However, it was Friday evening and extremely noisy and we had to talk pretty loudly to hear each other. However, the good food made up for the lack of quiet.Special Features:
- 10/17/2014DanoverVIPDined on 10/17/2014Quartino's is always a good experience...I enjoy the small plates.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Interesting food great waiter. Glad we got there early 5:00 pm. Got super busy by 7:00pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Fantastic food, great wine! Excellent service! The staff was so friendly and the service was quick. We placed our order and it came quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at Quartino'sdontliketocookDined on 10/14/2014We had dinner at Quartino's with a group that ranged all ages and all palates so the fact that we found something to please everyone was very nice. The service was very good. Tables are a bit tight though. The only downside.Special Features:
- deliciousmarathonhungryDined on 10/13/2014Busy and loud but great service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/13/2014We love Quartino! The food is amazing. It's an energetic atmosphere and fun to order lots of different things from their menu to try a variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small plate Italian foodStuartDined on 10/13/2014Quartino serves small servings of freshly prepared Italian food. Everyone at the table can have delicious bites of each serving plate. The menu is a broad expanse of a variety of antipasto, soups, salads, meats, pasta, and desserts. Even the wine list is expansive. Worth the trip for lunch or dinner. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodjeffDined on 10/12/2014always crowded, but thats becuase its good, $15 dollar bottles of wine, great food! we had a late reservation but came in early to see if we could grab a bar seat, and did and had a great meal, this place is always crowded and tight - so if your expecting quite and romantic this place is not for you.Special Features:
- Not NormalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014I came for dinner this weekend. I was disappointed with the flavor of the food. Our soup was pretty blan as was the bolognese sauce. Our waitress wasn't very attentive either. After asking for our check, it took 15 minutes to get it. This isn't normal for Quartino.
- Bustling ItalianBen007Dined on 10/11/2014Busy spot, popular with locals and tourists. Nice sharing plates that are not too big so perfect to try several different dishes. Shrimp dish was a little disappointing but overall very enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out-of-Towner's DelightbigeatersDined on 10/11/2014Our group of 12 from Southern California thoroughly enjoyed our Italian dinner the night before the Chicago Marathon at Quartino. We passed many different dishes around our large table and had a mini banquet. We ordered antipasti, wine, and 12 different main dishes. We also shared several delicious desserts. It was great fun. The atmosphere was lively and the wait staff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie1212Dined on 10/11/2014We were in Chicago for the marathon and the restaurant was packed, though we were seated within a few minutes of our reservation time. Although we were warned that our food might take a while, we were served pretty quickly. The food was good, though not very hot, and the service was very good, considering how very busy the restaurant was. We would definitely try Quartino's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Italian ExperienceDebinSTLVIPDined on 10/11/2014We ate at Quartino the night before the Chicago marathon - so it was PACKED. Thank goodness I had a reservation thanks to OpenTable. The negatives - it was crowded, noisy and we felt packed into our table like sardines. It was very difficult to hear our table mates and our server. Also the menu was a little confusing and we couldn't hear our server explaining it to us. Also the table was very small so we were very crowded on our tabletop. But our server had a great personality and the food was delicious. We enjoyed it very much. I would like to come back when it wasn't so crowded as I am sure we would enjoy it so much more.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014great dinner experience, excelent food. I went for the marathon load carb. Besides it was crowded the service was great.Special Features:
- Great place!JLauDined on 10/11/2014Had dinner reservations for 5, 3 of us were running the chicago marathon the next morning. A couple of notes: 1. Food was incredible! They are meant for sharing, so with five of us, we had the opportunity to try several dishes, especially since the three of us had to carb up! The pizza had the best crust, and the homemade pastas were incredible. 2. Our waiter was great! He didnt rush us (we kept ordering dishes for about 1-1/2 hrs) and he was very friendly. He helped make the night more enjoyable. 3. Homemade lemoncello was incredible. Lemon was the best, the orange and grapefruit were ok. It was a great pre-race drink! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone coming to Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carb loading with friendsPeteDined on 10/11/2014My wife and her running buddies were in need of carbs before the Chicago Marathon, so we met, shared each other's food and celebrated the end of this long journey for them. We continue to make Quartino's a pre-race tradition and stopping location when we visit the 2nd City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starsLovefoodDined on 10/10/2014Everything was amazing. The food was delicious and out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work girls night outjbridgeVIPDined on 10/10/2014I've been to Quartino's just a couple of times, and while service was on point and friendly as usual, the food was lacking in flavor this time. We had a group of 6 women and all of us were a little disappointed in our meals. We ordered the dates wrapped in pancetta, veal meatballs, gnocchi, and the portcini & truffle risotto. Everything came out quickly and we were happy with service while we ate and enjoyed wine. Next came out our Soprano pizza which was excellent, and since we were so impressed with that, we ordered another pizza,the Stefano, instead of ordering anything else. The Stefano was also delicious. Overall, things were great, the menu just did not live up to what I've experience in the past.Special Features:
- LOVE love loveNomNomerDined on 10/10/2014I would seriously eat here every night but then I'd want to get the telegio and the amazing tortellini and then...we'd have problems. My husband and I had our first date here at circa 2008 and we've not stopped eating with you. Thanks for the wonderful time as always.Special Features: