626 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.quartinochicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 698-5000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar Daily: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: John Coletta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Quartino embraces the true essence and environment of an authentic Italian urban ristorante, pizzeria and wine bar in quintessential Gibsons Restaurant Group style. Quartino can accommodate private parties of 10-100 guests for luncheons, cocktail & antipasti parties, and dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Jensen 8886413569
A word from Quartino
Quartino, an urban Italian restaurant and wine bar, is the creation of Hugo Ralli, Steve Lombardo (owners of Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse, Hugo’s Frog Bar & Fish House, LUXBAR) and Exec Chef / Partner John Coletta. Quartino combines the best of Italy’s osteria and enoteca to offer an authentic everyday Italian food and wine experience. “Where wine is cheaper than water” Throughout Europe, in bistro after osteria after enoteca, fresh local wines of high quality and unique characteristics are priced as a less expensive alternative to bottled water. Reservation requests for patio seating are not accepted. Patio seating is first come, first serve.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Quartino - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Quartino reviews from OpenTable diners
597 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (376)fit for foodies (293)neighborhood gem (195)hot spot (191)notable wine list (180)great for outdoor dining (176)special occasion (147)great for lunch (110)vibrant bar scene (90)late-night find (84)romantic (81)kid-friendly (67)scenic view (22)great for brunch (18)Show More
- great dinner at quartino'ssteveVIPDined on 11/24/2014we were staying downtown chicago - and went to dinner at Quatino's twice over a week. They had a long menu with great choices, the pasta was home-made, and they had a great wine list. the service was excellent, friendly and attentive. and the desserts were terrific - particulary the Zeppole!! you need to try themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quartino's has excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2014The food was simply excellent. Among the best Italian food we have had. The small plate concept allowed our party of 4 to order many different items for sharing. We ended up ordering 5 items for our party and all of us crawled away from the table stuffed. The atmosphere is lively. Tables are pretty tightly packed. Our table had wings that folded out to give us more room for all the plates, otherwise it would have been too cramped. Service was very good. Our server let us know that items from the kitchen did not come out together, but 'as they are ready from the kitchen'. This gave us the ability to plan our dinner based on the estimated time to prepare. We started with a pizza (took the longest), then moved onto other dishes, which arrived within a minute or two of each other. We ended with great coffee, cappuccino and Zeppole with dark chocolate and honey... The wine selection was good. Wines were served in carafes in 1/4, 1/2 or full liters...a 1/4 liter is more than a typical glass of wine, so beware. They also have a nice selection of Italian beers. Overall, we highly recommend Quartino's. They have valet parking ($14) that was great on the rainy day we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good valueAtldeuceVIPDined on 11/22/2014Waiter was great at making realistic recommendations on serving size and options. A little too cramped for me though. Claustrophobic seating extremely close and loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates are perfect for sampling in a group!JourneyDined on 11/22/2014The food and service are top-notch, as is all of the food. House-made Limoncello and Grapefuitcello are tremendous, as well. Great for celebrating a special occasion, or just a good meal out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- K2345Dined on 11/22/2014A place where you can order small plates and get to try everything!! Soo good!Special Features:
- AWESOME!TimRDined on 11/22/2014this was our third time here in 2 months (we live about 50 miles away).....WE ARE NOW PLANNING ON MAKING THIS A REGULAR STOP every time we come into the city. great food; great service; and fun atmosphere - what more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Every time I eat at Quartino, the food is consistently delicious. They are super accommodating with allergies and even offer the option of ordering half-plates, so you can try twice as many dishes as you want. This isn't on the menu, but was something our waiter had told us, since we had a difficult time picking among all of the delicious dishes. Wonderful restuarant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Tapas Near Chicago's Conference VenuesHansikLoverDined on 11/21/2014There are so many chain and fast food restaurants in the Loop and River North! When my colleague came to town for a conference, I chose to take her to Quartino, one of the most unique restaurants in the area. We had a mini cheese fondue, gnocchi with an arugula pesto, and a dry sausage made out of turkey along with a cranberry compote. Everything was delicious, and I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quartino abuzz with energy and food hits spot.maroon87Dined on 11/20/2014We had dinner for two while scouting for a future large group dinner. It would be a fun place for a group meal albeit a little loud for conversation. We were seated promptly with reservations on a Thursday night. They had an extensive drink menu and we tried the Sangria. It was good, but I have had better. We ordered a small pizza that arrived quickly. It was good with large fresh basil leaves. Our small tapas dishes that followed were the stars. Beef medallions and fettucine alfredo were excellent. Of course we had to sample dessert! The homemade doughtnut bites and caramelized banana with biscotti and gelato were sinful. Our server was friendly and somewhat attentive. We will be returning with a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlissaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2014The food was great and the service. They made it very easy to dine with a small child and still feel like adults. They were also very helpful with making decisions and checked on us multiple times. We really had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatSRDuncanVIPDined on 11/16/2014With so many choices on the menu it is easy to accommodate vegetarians and carnivores alike. The octopus is always excellent and we really enjoyed the gnocchi with arugula pesto. And the steamed clams were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but LOUDDCBostonVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food was wonderful. And I rather enjoy the plates to share, tapas style, that come out as they are ready. It prolongs the meal as an event. My only complaint is that it is just WAY too loud in there. It started off alright, but we were shouting by the end of our meal to be heard. And it was just two of us at a TINY table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you haven't had it, you need to!QuartinoDined on 11/14/2014Quartino is a staple in my fiancé and I's dinner outings. The food is amazing! I love that everything is perfect for sharing and sent out staggered so you can nibble as you please. Definitely go hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discover even more reasons to love Italian food!JayJayDined on 11/14/2014The menu items were authentic yet inventive in the combination of flavors. Made to share, the portions enabled us to try multiple items. I would love to return and try new things! It was crowded even at 5:30pm and even busier when we left!Special Features:
- Italian tapas restaurant- great for sharing!WannabefoodieDined on 11/13/2014Went with a group of 5 people and tried a variety of foods including the ravioli, veal meatball sliders, 4 cheese pizza, Tuscan risotto, pork shank and everything was fantastic. Our server was able to help us figure out the right number of players to order, that left everyone full at the end of the night. Also the Toscana house wine was a great bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TommyDined on 11/13/2014Reasonable prices. Not quite an Italian tapas. Good selections of wines available in carafe or full bottles. Food is out FAST so don't order if you want to chat first. But chatting is hard so you might as well eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speedy ServiceFurndogDined on 11/12/2014Overall we had a great dining experience. We had a reservation at 7:30 but were not seated until close to 8, and the small plate food comes out a bit too quickly and all at one time, so by the time you get to some items they have cooled. A bachelor party dinner was going on next to us so not as romantic a night as I had hoped. I still would return and love this place, it was just a busy night and we felt a bit rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Downtown RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2014When out-of-town family, friends and co-workers visit Chicago, I ALWAYS bring them to Quartino. The food is guaranteed to delight and the small plates dining means we can all try and enjoy new things. The service here is amazing and the location at State and Ontario is convienent to folks staying newar the Mag Mile and Loop. Prices are modest for the quality and quantity of food, and an accompanying bottle of wine (or two) wont set you back much.Special Features:
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This place was great. Food was excellent and not overpriced. Atmosphere is very busy. It is loud so be preapred this isn't a place for a quiet dinner for two. True Italian food. Everything was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Delicious without being pretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Quartinos is like walking into your Sicilian grandmothers kitchen! Loud, fun and full of people! The pasta dishes are perfect portions for a few bites to be split between girlfriends and ordering 4-5 dishes. Wine list was impressive, servers attentive and knowledgable! Must have is pasta with clam sauce and bolognese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night delightMich7240Dined on 11/8/2014Dined downstairs on 11/8. Waiter was extremely helpful in food selection and service. Noisy and tight quarters, but expected! Food was wonderful! Have dined outside upstairs on the patio during the summer - a treat in itself for people watching and view. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Loved it!AlymDined on 11/8/2014Went here for my birthday and everything exceeded my expectations. All of the dishes we tried were excellent. The atmosphere made us feel like we were in Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quartino: Outstanding and fun!StewC625Dined on 11/8/2014Great "small plates" dining experience - big fun for small and large groups - order plates, pizzas, salads, and more and just graze, cocktail and enjoy. Good value on "house wines", great bar that makes a mean martini and special food experiences like their meats and cheeses platters, short rib pasta, delicious vegetable preparations and amazing pizzas. Go often as the menu does change seasonally.Special Features:
- Always enjoyablenbeatsDined on 11/8/2014Every time we go to Chicago, which is about twice a month, we always go to Quartinos. The food is wonderful with excellent quality and nice sized portions. The wine list is on the small side, but they carry a nice selection. The service is great and attentive. You should make reservations because they get busy and fill up fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT placejheathercDined on 11/8/2014Awesome restaurant. My friend and I were 50 minutes late for our reservation due to some bad traffic and they still had a table waiting for us. I appreciated that all the dishes were meant for sharing. We had a pizza and pasta dish and it was plenty! The sangria was excellent and I will probably dream about the chocolate cake and vanilla gelato dessert :) I will certainly be back. Restaurant is in close proximity to the Theatre as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good but I expected moreAdventurousDinerDined on 11/7/2014The server was polite and attentive, food came out promptly, it was not crowded for lunch so we were seated quickly. The food was ok, it just didn't throw me off my chair with inventiveness. After the website hype, I was ready to be totally wowed but that didn't happen. Having said that, I would go back and give it another try just to see if I change my mind. It was all solid - just not the culinary fireworks I had been hoping for. Only 3 stars overall because I go out to have a great food experience, it's more important to me than ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a groupSarahWDined on 11/6/2014Had a lot of fun and a great meal here with an alumni group on a Thursday night. Definitely not ideal for private or quiet conversations since tables are close together and its a very lively atmosphere but it suited our purposes well. Food and drinks were tasty and very reasonably priced!Special Features:
- Highly recommend with 1 qualifierBlue79Dined on 11/6/2014Superb Italian food and is the closest food to northern Italian food I have had since my trips to Italy. Vibrant place, a bit crowded in terms of personal space. If you don't like noisey dinners, you won't like it. But if you can stand a dull roar around you, by all means go. I have been twice and look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Fun with good food -- EXCEPT . . .msgjkg88VIPDined on 11/6/2014We had a party of 7 celebrating a birthday recently. The food was excellent and so was the service. Fun place to celebrate -- EXCEPT I made the mistake of telling them it was a birthday celebration and could they surprise the birthday person -- which they did, but I was very disappointed to see they CHARGED me for the piece of cake! REALLY??? After ordering 13 different dishes, they couldn't even comp. the piece of cake???
- Good eatsPgL2013VIPDined on 11/5/2014Good food at a decent price. Sometimes loud and hard to have a convo with a group but good place to meet and eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but loud.OuttoeatalotDined on 11/3/2014Delicious food, well priced, and excellent service. Veal meatballs were delicious as was the pizza and rigatoni with squash/ pancetta. The limone dessert with lemon curd was sweet-tart and phenomenal! Our only issue was the noise level – so loud that it brought on a headache.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomesauce. ..SoAmazingVIPDined on 11/2/2014Like usual this visit was great. the white bean dip was so delicious....and I even passed on my love of the pizza 4 some delicious pasta. The only miss was my friend's soup...but always a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience!luv2eatVIPDined on 11/2/2014I have driven by Quartino for years, but we've never eaten there. My husband and I were so delighted with our meal. Our waiter was very helpful and engaging. The veal skirt steak, ceasar salad and eggplant parmigiana were superb! 'Can't wait for a return visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?ImoAVIPDined on 11/2/2014Been to quartino several times but never had the pizza. Asked for a sausage pizza as I was in a hurry and it was just awful and bland. I don't know what happened but I will never get pizza from quartino EVER again. I'll try something else.Special Features:
- Great food & service = great nightHerethereeverywhereDined on 10/29/2014I brought a group of 12 business colleagues from out of town to Quartino for dinner. The restaurant was vibrant - lots if energy. The food was delicious. And the pasta made in-house … amazing. From wine to apps, dinner to dessert it was all fantastic. We definitely had a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok, not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014The food was not as I had expected, given the hype around Quartino. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Good to try variety.JaneDined on 10/29/2014This is a good place for people who want to try new things. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableKMaiDined on 10/28/2014I've been to Quartino for dates & small groups for business, and the service, selection/variety, and speed in which we receive menu items is ALWAYS reliable.Special Features:
- Chicago VisitorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Nothing is disappointing about this place. Loved every minute of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food8750Dined on 10/25/2014We were there on a Saturday night. The food was very very good. The service was ok. Both the bartender (we had drinks at bar first) had a bit of attitude. It was crazy loud! Large parties all around us (we were party of 4) The food was very very good! I would go back for the food, and go during week and ask for a quieter table.....maybe upstairs?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.