626 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.quartinochicago.com/
- Phone: 3126985000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar Daily: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: John Coletta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Quartino embraces the true essence and environment of an authentic Italian urban ristorante, pizzeria and wine bar in quintessential Gibsons Restaurant Group style. Quartino can accommodate private parties of 10-100 guests for luncheons, cocktail & antipasti parties, and dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Jensen 8886413569
A word from Quartino
Quartino, an urban Italian restaurant and wine bar, is the creation of Hugo Ralli, Steve Lombardo (owners of Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse, Hugo’s Frog Bar & Fish House, LUXBAR) and Exec Chef / Partner John Coletta. Quartino combines the best of Italy’s osteria and enoteca to offer an authentic everyday Italian food and wine experience. “Where wine is cheaper than water” Throughout Europe, in bistro after osteria after enoteca, fresh local wines of high quality and unique characteristics are priced as a less expensive alternative to bottled water. Reservation requests for patio seating are not accepted. Patio seating is first come, first serve.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Quartino - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Quartino reviews from OpenTable diners
627 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (378)great for outdoor dining (278)fit for foodies (268)neighborhood gem (199)hot spot (199)special occasion (172)notable wine list (160)great for lunch (132)romantic (105)late-night find (102)vibrant bar scene (96)kid-friendly (90)great for brunch (37)scenic view (34)Show More
- Always delicious!firsttimedinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I come to Chicago a couple times a year. Quartino has become our favorite meal. We always get the cheese fondue and the dark chocolate fondue. Everything else in between changes with every trip. We have yet to have a bad meal. This time we requested to eat outside because it was a beautiful day. They have a lovely patio. Our server was not as good and attentive as they have been in the past, but she got the job done. You can't go wrong dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014Love going to Quartino because food is always delicious and they are so fast. Friends from out of town always request itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, loud spotBAC2VIPDined on 9/16/2014Had a great time at a fun, lively spot with great service from Ryan. We will go back again.Special Features:
- Quality and ValueReviilliondinerDined on 9/16/2014The inexpensive menu prices had me a little leery of dinning here, even though it was recommended by a local. To my delight it exceeded all my expectations, especially the pork shank. Pasta was light and tasty. Dinner for 3 including a bottle of wine was $137(excluding tax and tip!) Thae Salumeria Plate it huge, enough for 4 appetizers. Atmosphere is a little crowed and loud, but tolerable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014First time at this restaurant and we will definitely be back. Food, service, ambiance and price were incredible. The only suggestion I would have is to leave a little more room between tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AstroDined on 9/15/2014Overall a Good experience. Very load. After 8:15 noise level dropped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family ItalianrskozDined on 9/15/2014Service was good. Seated promptly. Crowded and pretty noisy. Lots of families...a real neighborhood place. Portions small...intended as small plates though we didn't know that. That's why the prices arevso low. Our party of 6 were served drinks and salads quickly. Everyone else received their entree. When they had finished, I cancelled mine. My dinner never came. The manager rushed over and apologized. Treated the table to dessert on the house. I had salad and a doughnut hole foe dinner. Don't know who dropped that ball. Friends said food was good but they were still hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED!Hlm2882Dined on 9/14/2014THis was an amazing meal!!! Great service!!! Will go back the next time I'm in ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Saturday nightZippyDined on 9/13/2014It was loud and we were packed in by bachelorette parties. The food was decent and the wine options were plentiful. Was hoping to have a fun place to have a conversation. Next time I will try a different evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette party funFoodfunDined on 9/13/2014This was the perfect place to host my friends bachelorette party! Food was great and our server, Cody, was fun and so helpful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of energytrynewplacesDined on 9/13/2014We went this restraurant on a Saturday. It was bustling with energy. It was very crowded, lots of noise and a lot of parties of 10 or more people. The food and service was very good despite all the business. The food is reasonably priced. A great place to celebrate birthday, bachelor parties. I won't go there for a romantic night out, it is very noisy and the tables are very close to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun lively italianbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 9/13/2014like the shared plates and portions. was disappointed with the margherita pizza and gnocchi (a little too firm) but tagliatelle was amazing and chocolate gelato was greatSpecial Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014porch seating quieter than restaurant and enjoyed it immensely. The food smaller portions were a fun change of scenery for ordering. It became an experience and added to the evening. THe quality of food was superior. Service could have been a bit better. Will visit again soon, so many choices. Look forward to another great evening.Special Features:
- Unique experienceAuntyDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant is a total experience. It is very large with tables packed together and a noise level that is very high. The energy in the restaurant is very positive and the service very good. The food is outstanding and made for sharing. Go hungry! You order multiple plates and they come out as they are ready. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- QuartinoSuzeVIPDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful dining experience with excellent service - managers at this restaurant always come up to the table to say hello and make sure everything is going wellSpecial Features:
- Quartino is phenomenalktexperienceDined on 9/10/2014I am a big fan of Quartino. Have been several times and it's always great. I introduced a friend to it who is also now a fan. The risotto is a favorite as are the salads, pizza and fondue. Phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, Slow & SaltyelleinchicagoDined on 9/10/2014The prices were beyond reasonable and our server was delightful, but it was painfully slow to get our cheese and charcuterie. We had a child with us and his pizza came out before our cheese! How is that possible? Some of the food was painfully salty. The noise level is through the roof, making it virtually impossible to hear people if they are more than one seat away from you. That said, it was a good time as long as you know what to expect.Special Features:
- ExcellentSally2travelDined on 9/9/2014Great meal and fantastic service from Samuel. Excellent deal for lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/8/2014Great pizza and Italian food. Energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- alnbonnieDined on 9/8/2014Quartino was our best meal in Chicago over our five day vacation. My husband is a vegetarian and we had many choices. We designed our own sauce for our pasta and he waitress was so helpful in describing what we could do . The chef also sent her back to ask us about one ingredient. We also had the bruschetta and there were three different types. We highly recommend this restaurant for the food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outGGlikesfoodDined on 9/7/2014Good for group to share and taste. Loved the wine served in decanters. It was even good! Waiter was knowledgable and professional, but super friendly. We will go back when in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great party locationIsabelc33Dined on 9/7/2014I had my birthday dinner at Quartino and it was a blast! Excellent service - very attentive staff. Lots of variety on the menu for any food lovers. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go back. Authentic Italian.lcjnDined on 9/5/2014Service was very quick but attentive. We tried the eggplant parmigiana, pappardelle with meat sauce, shrimp risotto, minestrone soups and braised pork shank. All were very good with the pork shank especially outstanding (server recommended). We finished with profiteroles and tiramisu. They were delicious. We had reservations and they sat us right away. The only slight negative was the noise level. At our table for six you had to really shout to talk to the other side. We sat in their patio section and it was even louder inside and upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!Foodie4RealDined on 9/4/2014The food is amazing - all served "Family style" so don't be afraid to order a variety of different things. Extensive wine list by the carafe and served with small bistro glasses (just like you'd get in Italy...) very authentic. The main floor is exceedingly loud so if you're looking for a quiet table, ask to sit outside or upstairs.Special Features:
- amazing!newLUVofChiTownDined on 9/4/2014The food was amazing and we LOVED the strawberry cello! (I wish i could make that at home) It was an enjoyable experience and we liked all ten of the dishes our group ordered! Fair pricing too! The only disappointment was how loud it was, I couldn't even hear the person sitting across from me at the table. For that reason, I wouldn't recommend it as an early date destination because you really have to yell to talk to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014Food is always good....not amazing, but good. I enjoy eating here for lunch and late night bites.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great value.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Visiting Chicago on a conference. Could not believe the great prices for food that was outstanding. Will definitely make it back to Chicago and Quartino's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lively placeChicagoDined on 9/3/2014Good energy, wide menu, quick service. A little loud and crowded, but fun for a group.Special Features:
- Great foodlovelowkeyDined on 9/3/2014I thoroughly enjoy the casual yet tasty food every time I go to Quartino. The octupus, pizza, pasta, etc. - all worthy, simple and authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere, Food OkayNatCC9VIPDined on 9/3/2014I like Quartino, but I think it's mainly for the atmosphere. It's great to sit outside and eat on a nice day while watching all the people walk by. The food is nothing special though. The flatbread margarita pizza has almost no taste to it. It was way too crispy and had a tiny but of tomato paste and cheese. The pastas are small portions and had a decent taste. The dessert was good, but I think twice was enough for me for eating here.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!DinnerWinnerDined on 8/31/2014I keep coming back again and again, can't get enough! You can get half orders of any order if you have a smaller group--half the price too! Love love loveSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Chicago dinner!vonnsculDined on 8/31/2014This a great experience! Our server created magic selecting half servings so we tasted many of the choices and we loved them all! I highly recommend Quartino's! William is the best!Special Features:
- KatKatsOpinionDined on 8/31/2014This has been a favorite of our family for many years and the restaurant my 19 year old selected to have us (5) celebrate her b-day. We were dissapointed with the lack of flavor with the food we ordered. We had 12 appetizers and only two of these were tasty. I've never had a burratta cheese dish wich did not leave us wanting for more. Half of it was left as it was almost flavorless. The truffle risotto was so bland we had to add salt, pepper and cheese to it just to be able to eat it. We ordered the foun due (sp?) dessert and the stawberries were not fresh. They looked like they came out of the can. Very dissapointed and will likely not go back. It's a shame as this has been a favorite of ours for over 9 years. Time to try something else
- Quality food and nice environmentA2evanDined on 8/30/2014We ordered the veal slider an minestrone to start and they were both fantastic. The pizza was also quite good.Special Features:
- way too loudbcoughlinDined on 8/30/2014I came here for dinner with my wife to celebrate our first anniversary, and it ended up being a big mistake. We were sat in a very small room with 2 bachelorette parties and 1 birthday party. Loud is an understatement -- we couldn't even hear each other over the roar of these 3 tables. Granted, the restaurant can't control the volume of their patrons, however given the size of this place they should have spread them out throughout their spacious dining rooms, rather then stick them all in this small enclosed back room. I felt like we were trying to eat at a frat party rather than the romantic italian meal we were hoping for. The food was so-so, nothing bad but completely forgettable.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We ate dinner there for a bachelorette party and had an outstanding experience. The service was exceptional and the servers made us feel at home. The food was really good and quite quick coming out.Special Features:
- Great experience, as alwayssugarocket99Dined on 8/30/2014I have come to expect the food and experience at Quartino to be nothing short of exceptional - and my most recent time did not disappoint. Mom was in town from the east coast, so we stopped by and had the most delicious meal of her trip - shrimp risotto, pesto gnocchi, funghi pizza, and these awesome little Italian donuts- heavenly. Our server William was fantastic as well. Overall, will definitely be going back...hopefully soon!Special Features:
- Quartino never failsGreggDined on 8/30/2014Once again we left Quartino with smiles on our faces. From the great menu of traditional Italian dishes to the service provided by Steven (we always request to be seated in his area) Quartino is a can't miss. Pappardelle is the best. Wines are abundant and varied. Zeppolis to finish the meal were over the top. Tried the Italian version of Banana's Foster without the alcohol and it was unreal. You might get a seat if you walk in around the dinner hour, but make reservations if you don't like waiting around. Can't miss restaurant in downtown at 626 State Street. Say hi to Steven if you are lucky enough to be seated in his area. Nom, nom, nom...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Great food and service! Lots to choose from and a lot of fun. A little loud if your looking for a quiet date night. I will definitely be back with the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Downtown OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Completely enjoyed my experience here. Best described as an Italian tapas restaurant. Order drinks and a meat & cheese platter. Do not pass up the beef short rib. In fact, consider ordering 2 as you may not want to share. We were able to sit up on their outdoor balcony. It was a beautiful night, and while the street noise as still loud, at least there were not people walking past all the time. Service was relaxed in a good way and made excellent recommendations. Banana dessert was not as decadent as I would have liked, but I should have picked better.Special Features: