626 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.quartinochicago.com/
- Phone: 3126985000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar Daily: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: John Coletta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Quartino embraces the true essence and environment of an authentic Italian urban ristorante, pizzeria and wine bar in quintessential Gibsons Restaurant Group style. Quartino can accommodate private parties of 10-100 guests for luncheons, cocktail & antipasti parties, and dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Jensen 8886413569
A word from Quartino
Quartino, an urban Italian restaurant and wine bar, is the creation of Hugo Ralli, Steve Lombardo (owners of Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse, Hugo’s Frog Bar & Fish House, LUXBAR) and Exec Chef / Partner John Coletta. Quartino combines the best of Italy’s osteria and enoteca to offer an authentic everyday Italian food and wine experience. “Where wine is cheaper than water” Throughout Europe, in bistro after osteria after enoteca, fresh local wines of high quality and unique characteristics are priced as a less expensive alternative to bottled water. Reservation requests for patio seating are not accepted. Patio seating is first come, first serve.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Quartino - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Quartino reviews from OpenTable diners
646 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (386)great for outdoor dining (283)fit for foodies (268)hot spot (209)neighborhood gem (206)special occasion (175)notable wine list (165)great for lunch (129)romantic (101)vibrant bar scene (99)late-night find (99)kid-friendly (90)great for brunch (34)scenic view (32)Show More
- Too noisyallgoodDined on 9/28/2014At some point noise is not energizing but disrupting; this place is past that point. The food is varied, has excellent vegetarian and gluten free options and that's why I might go again. But the noise level is off-putting.
- YummyDined on 9/28/2014Wine prices are very good, food adequate, but if you are looking for something exceptional this is not the place. They try very hard to be authentic to Italy, very close to everyday cuisine.Special Features:
- Liveliest restaurant in townManabouttownDined on 9/27/2014The food and service were terrific...it's pretty noisy on a Saturday night, but only because we are all so excited to be there. This was recommended to us, and we can certainly do the same. Like the small plate approach to the menu...gives you plenty of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place sucksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Too loud......Terrible bland Italian food......You can find better Italian food in an Olive Garden in Englewood
- Frenetic energy, great staff/foodCTAndersonDined on 9/26/2014Quartino was a fun find near the Miracle Mile. Boy is it LOUD inside though. Decor is very cool, and despite the chaos and the noise, the bar, then the wait staff were fast and professional ... totally focused on selling you quickly and often, and providing excellent service. The food was very good, having had the Pizza Funghi, and the Brodetto Frutti di Mare. Yum!Special Features:
- Why is this place always crowded?TarynJVIPDined on 9/26/2014I can't understand why I waited over an hour (with a reservation) to sit outside and why Quartino's is ALWAYS packed. I've been twice now because I decided to give it another try. Still makes no sense to me, the food is so mediocre. The waiter jokingly called me a B*tch, which was NOT funny...Special Features:
- Good food but too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014The food food was good, not the typical Italian fare which made it interesting, and it was very tasty. We liked the way it was served - to share. We could get several small dishes and try different things. The price was good for downtown Chicago and the service was good as well. The bad part was the noise. Two of us at a table could hardly carry on a conversation because of the noise level around us. By the end of the meal, we were eager to leave just to we could get some peace.
- Not as good as the past!mcmc16Dined on 9/26/2014The fondue (which is always my favorite part) was disappointing. It was pretty watery and had a noticeable dry filmy part on the top. The pizza was also not that great this time. We ordered the sausage pizza; It was pretty sloppy and barely had any sauce on it. I've come here ~5 times in the past, and this is the only time where I've been really dissatisfied with the food. The waiter was nice however, and switched out the fondue for us. Sadly, it was the same subpar texture and taste as the first one he brought. We also didn't finish the pizza because it simply didn't taste that good. This was a "first date," and it's sad that the experience didn't live up to what I told her it would be. I was hoping this could be our "go to" restaurant.Special Features:
- TheVegetarian22Dined on 9/25/2014The food is sub-par, it is loud and cramped and the server was extremely slow. I will not be going back.
- Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014I had a large group (9 people) for a 9pm reservation. We didn't get started till 9:30pm and it wasn't a problem. The waiter was very friendly and organized a appetizer tasting plate for us to get started. We were well positioned in the back to have a bit more of an intimate setting and we were all able to hear each other in the conversation.Special Features:
- Fun place, but not gourmetwilmcvVIPDined on 9/22/2014I took a client to Quartino after getting great reviews from colleagues. Quartino was very busy on a Monday night, the room was energetic, and had the atmosphere of a lively but informal café. The food was good, but a little on the bland side. Typical Italian fare,, but served with the idea of sharing portions with the table, almost like a tapas restaurant. None of the dishes we had hit me as being special.Special Features:
- LinkDined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious & the service was fast/friendly. I will definately return to Quartino's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kay1Dined on 9/20/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend, who in my opinion is a very picky eater. Not knowing what to expect, I made a reservation prior to my trip to Chicago and upon arrival, I was glad I made a reservation. It was crowded, we were seated in the main floor and the noise level was high, the waiter had to literally scream out the specials and recommendations to us. The food was delicious, for three people, we ordered a lot of food to try and share. and I must say, every dish was delicious. We were so full that we had to ask the waiter to reduce the size of our dessert (of course, you cannot not have desserts :)) Overall I give this restaurant two thumbs up, I would suggest making a reservation if you plan to be in Chicago ;)Special Features:
- Great gluten free optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Our server surpassed my expectations on his knowledge of gf options. The mitre experience was great. I would go back if ever in Chicago again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific atmosphere and foodAtmosphereDined on 9/19/2014Saturday Night dining at 9:00 PM and the restaurant was full and vibrant. The wine list was extensive, the food delicious and the waiter attentive. I highly recommend Quartino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tapasForumDined on 9/19/2014Our group of 12 after a wonderful day of conference programming thoroughly enjoyed Quartino's - our waiter was very skilled in helping us create a menu of tapas that stimulated our palates and were appreciated for their high yum yum factor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, lively placeBAC2VIPDined on 9/19/2014It was a fun, lively and very loud place - lots of fun, with good, friendly service.Special Features:
- Always delicious!firsttimedinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I come to Chicago a couple times a year. Quartino has become our favorite meal. We always get the cheese fondue and the dark chocolate fondue. Everything else in between changes with every trip. We have yet to have a bad meal. This time we requested to eat outside because it was a beautiful day. They have a lovely patio. Our server was not as good and attentive as they have been in the past, but she got the job done. You can't go wrong dining here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spot!JessiccaDined on 9/18/2014Noisy but great ambiance, if you like tapas, this is a great place to come with a group and share some dishes!Special Features:
- always deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014Love going to Quartino because food is always delicious and they are so fast. Friends from out of town always request itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience-outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014we had a great meal and dining experience last thursday nite on the outdoor second floor deck overlooking the street. However, as we were walking out through the restaurant, we thought , thank goodness we were outside, because we could barely hear ourselves think on the way out and we didn' think we ould have lasted inside. That is the only criticism we have. The food and service and ambience were outstanding. NOt sure what can be done to quiet the inside downSpecial Features:
- Fun, loud spotBAC2VIPDined on 9/16/2014Had a great time at a fun, lively spot with great service from Ryan. We will go back again.Special Features:
- Quality and ValueReviilliondinerDined on 9/16/2014The inexpensive menu prices had me a little leery of dinning here, even though it was recommended by a local. To my delight it exceeded all my expectations, especially the pork shank. Pasta was light and tasty. Dinner for 3 including a bottle of wine was $137(excluding tax and tip!) Thae Salumeria Plate it huge, enough for 4 appetizers. Atmosphere is a little crowed and loud, but tolerable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAteat8Dined on 9/15/2014First time at this restaurant and we will definitely be back. Food, service, ambiance and price were incredible. The only suggestion I would have is to leave a little more room between tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AstroDined on 9/15/2014Overall a Good experience. Very load. After 8:15 noise level dropped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family ItalianrskozDined on 9/15/2014Service was good. Seated promptly. Crowded and pretty noisy. Lots of families...a real neighborhood place. Portions small...intended as small plates though we didn't know that. That's why the prices arevso low. Our party of 6 were served drinks and salads quickly. Everyone else received their entree. When they had finished, I cancelled mine. My dinner never came. The manager rushed over and apologized. Treated the table to dessert on the house. I had salad and a doughnut hole foe dinner. Don't know who dropped that ball. Friends said food was good but they were still hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED!Hlm2882Dined on 9/14/2014THis was an amazing meal!!! Great service!!! Will go back the next time I'm in ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Saturday nightZippyDined on 9/13/2014It was loud and we were packed in by bachelorette parties. The food was decent and the wine options were plentiful. Was hoping to have a fun place to have a conversation. Next time I will try a different evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette party funFoodfunDined on 9/13/2014This was the perfect place to host my friends bachelorette party! Food was great and our server, Cody, was fun and so helpful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of energytrynewplacesDined on 9/13/2014We went this restraurant on a Saturday. It was bustling with energy. It was very crowded, lots of noise and a lot of parties of 10 or more people. The food and service was very good despite all the business. The food is reasonably priced. A great place to celebrate birthday, bachelor parties. I won't go there for a romantic night out, it is very noisy and the tables are very close to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun lively italianbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 9/13/2014like the shared plates and portions. was disappointed with the margherita pizza and gnocchi (a little too firm) but tagliatelle was amazing and chocolate gelato was greatSpecial Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014porch seating quieter than restaurant and enjoyed it immensely. The food smaller portions were a fun change of scenery for ordering. It became an experience and added to the evening. THe quality of food was superior. Service could have been a bit better. Will visit again soon, so many choices. Look forward to another great evening.Special Features:
- Unique experienceAuntyDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant is a total experience. It is very large with tables packed together and a noise level that is very high. The energy in the restaurant is very positive and the service very good. The food is outstanding and made for sharing. Go hungry! You order multiple plates and they come out as they are ready. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- QuartinoSuzeVIPDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful dining experience with excellent service - managers at this restaurant always come up to the table to say hello and make sure everything is going wellSpecial Features:
- Quartino is phenomenalktexperienceDined on 9/10/2014I am a big fan of Quartino. Have been several times and it's always great. I introduced a friend to it who is also now a fan. The risotto is a favorite as are the salads, pizza and fondue. Phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, Slow & SaltyelleinchicagoDined on 9/10/2014The prices were beyond reasonable and our server was delightful, but it was painfully slow to get our cheese and charcuterie. We had a child with us and his pizza came out before our cheese! How is that possible? Some of the food was painfully salty. The noise level is through the roof, making it virtually impossible to hear people if they are more than one seat away from you. That said, it was a good time as long as you know what to expect.Special Features:
- ExcellentSally2travelDined on 9/9/2014Great meal and fantastic service from Samuel. Excellent deal for lunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/8/2014Great pizza and Italian food. Energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- alnbonnieDined on 9/8/2014Quartino was our best meal in Chicago over our five day vacation. My husband is a vegetarian and we had many choices. We designed our own sauce for our pasta and he waitress was so helpful in describing what we could do . The chef also sent her back to ask us about one ingredient. We also had the bruschetta and there were three different types. We highly recommend this restaurant for the food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outGGlikesfoodDined on 9/7/2014Good for group to share and taste. Loved the wine served in decanters. It was even good! Waiter was knowledgable and professional, but super friendly. We will go back when in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.