1910 SW River Dr.
Portland, OR 97201Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.quartetpdx.com/
- Phone: 5032227300x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy hour 4:30pm- 6:30pm Monday - Saturday
Monday through Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Bar until 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Shayne Unea
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining with a private patio for up to 30 guests. Entire restaurant is available for daytime weddings and other large functions up to 250 people. Please contact Alisha firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Bryant 503-222-7300x
- Entertainment: Baby grand piano in dining room. Live music Wednesday - Saturday. Variety of musical syles. Entertaining but still background.
A word from Quartet
Experience the best the Pacific Northwest has to offer at the Portland waterfront’s most exciting restaurant, with the best river views in the city. Playfully classic, modern American cuisine with Southern influences, our menu has something for everyone. A vibrant bar scene featuring cocktails made from hand crafted spirits, with a wide selection of local brews and wines. Quartet, a casual, welcoming dining experience, in a contemporary elegant setting. Seven night a week, dinner at 5 pm daily, happy hour 3-6 daily and all day Sunday. Live piano nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quartet reviews from OpenTable diners
- Won't be around longMrVGADined on 3/22/2014This is a beautiful location/atmosphere. Expensive menu, however, we decide to go because of Portland Restaurant Month 3 course dinner offer. They advertised three different choice. When we sat down, the waiter never mentioned the 3 course special. When we asked, he said they only had one choice, not what they advertised. His response was "I'm just the messenger". The chicken entree was descent, but not at their prices. Salads didn't even have the ingredients that were listed on the menu. They were no where near what you'd expect. On a Saturday night at prime dinner time, the restaurant had lots of empty seats. This place won't last. With the prices they charge and food they offer, its no doubt they were half empty.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/21/2014The view from the large windows is excellent but doesn't make up for the dining experience. I specifically went to enjoy Portland Dining Month 2014 and they didn't offer the menu that was printed online. The server couldn't explain the options and left the entire table (and others around us) very confused. We should have left after this initial interaction but didn't and were further disappointed by our server's continued lack of attention to detail (dishes served that were missing critical ingredients) and mediocre food. I would recommend the Brussels sprouts and hush puppies appetizers. Both were very tasty and large enough to share. The bartender made a tasty Goosebumps cocktail (substituted raspberry for watermelon due to seasonality).Special Features:
- View and ambiance make itCookerydoDined on 3/20/2014We went early on a quiet Thursday night. Table by the window, overlooking the waterfront pedestrian walk and harbor. Lights of the city across the Willamette reflecting on the water. Piano bar provided lovely background music. A charming and romantic experience. The food was okay, but not remarkable. In Portland there is keen competition for imaginative food ideas - it's a tough place. Next time we'll go for the happy hour, sit in the piano bar and skip the food. You really cannot beat the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthwhile to try Portland diningCharDined on 3/19/2014Great view of river and downtown. Service was perfect. Beautiful view Even though we were doing the economy Portland dining experience of $29 for a 3 course meal, the waiter still placed my Cloth napkin on my lap, and brought Sorbet to cleanse the palate after the Salad course. Salmon and prime rib were Excellent Recommend valet parking thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its pretty fancy inside forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2014Its pretty fancy inside for a Portland restaurant -- and on a Tuesday night it was pretty quiet, but for my husband's birthday dinner it was perfect. We enjoyed it, the food was decent, and the staff was friendly. Probably better to judge on a weekend night when there might be more going on. The location is outstanding -- the interior finishes high end. I just think it seems like it belongs in LA or NY.Special Features:
- Just OK1CasualDinerDined on 3/17/2014Tried Quartet because of the Portland Dining Month special. Drinks were good. Loved the bread and their butter mix. Veggies in their Chop Salad looked old and soggy. Ordered the Prime Rib and it was OK (though a bit chewy). We packed the cheese cake which was part of the special and ordered the Bananas Foster. Bananas Foster was prepared table side and tasted pretty good. Service was pretty slow... we went on a weeknight and it looked like there was only one waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFrequentTouristDined on 3/16/2014This is an architecturally stunning space with great river view, not well enough known. The food has been perfectly cooked each of my three visits in its first year. I have had fish twice and a vegetarian entre and really appreciate properly cooked fish and flavorful roasted vegetables. The service is also un rushed and congenial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad the service was badPattiDined on 3/15/2014We wanted to try something new, so after looking through the reviews we made a reservation with Quartet. I have to say the restaurant has an amazing site and was very impressed when we first walked in. However we waited for 20 minutes to get a drink and the service didn't get any better from there. LOVED the shrimp nachos! That was pretty much the highlight of the evening. I got the Scallops, which were undercooked, but the risotto was overcooked and mushy. My husband got the Sea bass and it was good, although overcooked as well. There was a band playing when we were there, and while we enjoyed the music, it made it very difficult to talk. I think next time we might just go to the bar and skip the restaurant.
- Noise level way too highFoodluvrDined on 3/15/2014We were looking forward to a nice meal with friends - what we got was incredibly loud music not at all suitable for conversation or relaxation! Too bad, because the food was good, service was good, view spectacular - all ruined by very loud music from the lounge. We were dining at 7:15pm - WAAAY too early for the loud music. We complained, and the manager moved us farther back into the restaurant, but by the time we were ready to leave about 8:30pm, the music was loud there too. This was not dinner music, but loud & thumping, better suited for the dance floor. We looked into the lounge before we left, and if the 10 people in there were enough to support this restaurant, then more power to them. Unfortunately, we won't be back.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Only thing was band in bar was to loud and it was hard to talk during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outKenzieDined on 3/11/2014Was quiet on a Tuesday night, but good food and great ambiance. I'd go again for a special occasion. The bar also looked fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/7/2014We had eaten here many times over the last year and this was by far the worst experience we have had. The service was rough, the drinks came slowly and the cocktail glasses very sticky, the food was so so. We are gluten free and they didn't do a good job dealing with it. My wife want from "I'm so excited we are going back" to "not sure we will return". Maybe with time, we will try again, but Portland has so many great places to eat.
- Can't honor a window table request?kritterDined on 3/7/2014Made a res for 7 pm on Friday nite and requested a window table if possible. When we arrived, we were told that "people in the bar had been waiting for a window table" so I guess they were ahead of us, even though we had a confirmed res??? Makes no sense... So we were seated outside the kitchen door when other tables in the row were empty. The real problem occurred as we watched a window table be vacated 5 minutes after we were seated and then sat empty for 45 minutes until two women in jeans and puffy jackets were seated there. What are the managers thinking??? Won't recommend as a result.
- Pricey but worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014The setting, decor and food are all close to the excellent category. However the most outstanding aspect of our experience was the extremely professional , attentive service we received. Not only was that a highlight but refreshing in this era when it seems customer service is a rapidly diminishing business model. This is a pricey experience and one most will reserve for a special occasion but we will return soon to experience the happy hour.Special Features:
- Great for fancy date nightTravisDined on 3/4/2014What a gem. Great place to have a romantic fancy date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portland gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2014Huge windows puts you right with the river and activities along the river in a comfortable, warm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Concept, needs work...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2014Excellent food. Our wait staff seemed very stiff and non-customer engaging. We were a bit disappointed with the lack of energy and efforts to bring the seemingly 60's style into the the modern scope thru contemporary influence. We think it was the type of lighting. Just didn't seem comfortable. The bathrooms are unique. Although we did experience a few people become annoyed with the doors, as well as the safety issue of the sink's closing lid. However, a unique setup. Also, our coats were taken for coat check, but at the end of our dinner we spent a bit trying to find someone that knew where our coats were.Special Features:
- Very NiceRobertDined on 3/3/2014Very good food, great view, not cheap. Great for a traveler with a large expense accountSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a fabuolous find!JennDined on 3/2/2014My second visit and I'm glad to see it just keeps getting better!. I was pleasantly surprised to see a child friendly staff also!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, ambiance lackingFoodieDined on 3/2/2014I would dine at Quartet again, but only for the food & view. While I think the staff does really try to make your dining experience top notch, this is not a direct competitor with some of the notable 5 star restaurants in town. The music seemed to be a 70's soundtrack, the waitstaff (while dressed nicely and were friendly) weren't always easy to understand, and the menus themselves were worn. The chair I sat in was stained and needed cleaning or re-upholstering. All signs of an issue, so hopefully the owners will make some changes. The location is phenomenal, and the food was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the viewcynkaraVIPDined on 3/2/2014Dining month is a great opportunity to go to Quartet. I could go here every night just for the food and ambience. The view of the river is wonderful. The servers are attentive. The food is tasty. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quartet is a great restaurantRAMBEAVDined on 3/2/2014Quartet is a great restaurant for special occasion, a romantic date with a scenic view and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50/50kaysviewDined on 3/1/2014So as a anniversary dinner we descided to try out Quartet , had Groupon so helped lower our bill a little..when we finally ordered the waiter had no knowledge of dinner items...I eneded up ordering the lamb chops was told it was ala carte so I ordered a starch for a side..an surprise Ended up getting two since the lamb ...which was overcooked and VERY VERY small portions...came with asparagus and potatoes:) However my boyfriend ordered the Lobster, and that was delicious we shared both our meals and both loved his...The maitre de or manager/owner? Was very nice and came and explained how to dig in to the fried lobster...very nice man who almost made the experience better.Might go for lobster but for $100tab think maybe not.Special Features:
- Ambience and romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Supercool ambience Good service Good food Quality experience. Different atmosphere - unique Overlooking the riverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious .... But the hostessesShineDined on 2/28/2014My boyfriend and I had a groupon. I made reservations through open table I walked up to check in and the hostess said "you do know it's 730" " yes and I'm right on time" she told me it's going to be a five minutes. 15 minutes go by I watch two older couples enter and be seated right away as my boyfriend and I in our twenties waited. I went up to the second hostess she says give her a few min to get a table cleared. We were seated and had a lovely meal. But the discrimination for being young and probably assuming we'll share a meal and order the cheapest thing wasn't on the faintness of my mind I tipped accordingly 20%. I ordered surf n turf my bf ordered rib eye. Delicious steaks, best we've had in Portland. Meals came in a prompt manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my first time to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2014It was my first time to this restaurant and it won't be my last. My daughter and I had an excellent time and are already planning out next meal there.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerDiner4Dined on 2/26/2014We went to Quartet with a groupon. We had never been to the restaurant before. We were pleasantly surprised. The view is amazing. The food was delicious. The staff were accommodating but not intrusive. The parking was easy. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant; a bit overpricedGatorCWDined on 2/25/2014Had an evening date at Quartet and found the location to be fantastic but low selection and high pricing (even with a groupon) left a lot to be desired. The decor itself was beautiful and environmentals were pleasant-scenic views, light music, decent lighting, good temperatures. A lot of the food selections weren't available at the time, so it would have been nice had this info was communicated in advance of ordering. We were slightly disappointed when the server returned to indicate that they had run out of a particular selection as well as our backup. The fish dishes we did order were well-plated, fresh-tasting, and quite flavorful- though nothing particularly spectacular. The pricing was a bit on the high side for what was delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food with Amazing View!PDX123Dined on 2/24/2014We were expecting the new wave very small portions with nothing but the main dish on the plate at high prices and were pleasantly surprised by the quantity as well as the quality of the food. There was an abundance of cherry tomatoes and asparagus, all very well seasoned, with my salmon and my husband's sea bass was on top of a pile of whipped potatoes and the 3 large shrimp accompanying it were great. The sea bass could have been a bit more tender (we've had melt in your mouth versions) but was extremely tasty with the topping (not quite sure what it was but it was delicious). Our original waiter was replaced by a variety of other folks when he was assigned to a large group. Everythiing worked but it felt a bit odd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Freshmen were playing...LibbysurfsDined on 2/22/2014Shame this beautiful restaurant in perfect location hasn't got a clue about a fine dining experience. hostess who didn't know about seating us, to the sweet but disorganized freshman wait person who didn't know to greet us within the first 5 minutes, to the busser who didn't know we had been seated and without water for 20 minutes. Geez. Maître de wandered around aimlessly. Ahi was fabulous, kudos chef! Brussel Sprout app greasy ... :( Wedge salad not spectacular. Didn't have wine selection , so were "upgraded", not on list. Saw Maître de prepare bananas foster at table side, most lackluster presentation I've seen and no flambé! They were not impressed either. Freezing in there bring a wrap. Groupon failure.Special Features:
- Atmosphere is very relaxingFood4realDined on 2/22/2014Atmosphere is very relaxing and comfortable. If possible, next time I would make reservations for near the window to get a view of the river. The food was great! My wife had the sea bass with prawns, and she loved it. I had the peppered NY strip. It was cook exactly how I wanted it. I also ordered the sautéed Brussels sprouts with bacon which was definitely worth it. I had a glass of Connect Pinot Noir which I thought was pretty good. I would say its a milder Pinot Noir. Although, I did feel their prices for wine by the glass seemed a little steep. The service is really good. The waitress was polite and always checked on us. Overall very nice restaurant for date or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better restaurants in PortlandGoodb4Dined on 2/22/2014We were greeted by the hostess dressed in jeans, sandals and a sport jacket, not what you would expect at a lovely place like Quartet. I ordered a glass of Merlot, they did not have it. My wife ordered the Braised Scallops. Six dry small scallops (the size of a nickel) came on top of a risotto, so creamy we thought it was mashed potatoes. No fig jam. I ordered the Osso Bucco. Our server said they had run out of Osso Bucco (at 6:30 PM?). I changed my order to the Stuffed Pork Chop. The pork chop was over cooked (dry) with the side of tasteless mashed potatoes, We decided to have dessert and coffee someplace else and not take another risk. Oh! On top of paying big dollars for dinner you also have to pay $9.00 plus tip for valet parking.Special Features:
- spendy but worth the treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Excellent food and service, poor beer selection (surprising in Oregon) and a mediocre wine selection. Staff was wonderful. Hard to find from Google maps if you don't know the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Scenic ViewRAMBEAVDined on 2/16/2014Great location with a Scenic View. Frank's Fried Lobster was Great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful mealFOROUR5Dined on 2/15/2014the food was amazing, the live band was great, the service was wonderful, and the atmosphere was unexpected. The only thing I would have changed was to put a sign in gront explaining the cost of the vallet and indicating they did not accept debit card. Other than that tonight was wonderfully enchanting.Special Features:
- Less than ImpressedPearlDistrictEatrDined on 2/15/2014Entry into the restaurant is small, windy and the wait is awkward. They have a coat check but somehow forget to ask for your coats. Upon seating, the servers consistently can't recommend items on the menu, and don't know what is in their specialty cocktails. The food is overpriced and mediocre at best. It's sad, because the build-out and ambiance of this environment is amazing, but the consistently poor staff and food don't justify their out-of-touch pricing. This restaurant would have been popular in Portland circa 1970-1990, but now goes by the wayside compared to the amazing PDX restaurant scene. Best suited for 70+ yr old's who haven't figured out Portland's true restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Ab-Fab!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Laramie, our server, was charming. The sky put on a light show right outside our window to match the food... it was a fabulous experience all around. Appetizers of stuffed mushrooms and crab cakes, house salad, scallops, asparagus and brussel sprouts all exceptional. Love the maple pecan butter for the bread. Wine list well rounded, although they were out of the prosecco we tried to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014We had a lovely evening at Quartet. The food was amazing. Every person on the staff that we met was friendly and professional. Since we were celebrating Valentine's Day a day late, we were hoping for a romantic atmosphere and that's exactly what we got. Just as we were leaving a band started playing in the bar which was quite good. But if you are looking for a quieter experience go a bit earlier. Our reservation was at 5pm. Overall we would definitely recommend going and we plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst everKfishDined on 2/14/2014On valentines day they overbooked. Seated at 9:40 for our 8:30 reservation. Ordered at 9:55. Two of six items arrived at 11:00; one was wrong. We told them not to bother with the rest. Waitress was nice, apologetic, clearly mad and embarrassed. They should get her a spa day.
- Valentine's Day NightmareAnthonyDined on 2/14/2014I reserved spots through Open Table for 8:30pm. We didn't get seated until 9pm. We didn't actually receive our food until 10:45pm. If you walk into the place you'll definitely be under the impression that you're going to have a good time. They look like they're only equipped to handle days when there are only a couple of customers. I witnessed multiple couples walk out after they were seated because the service was simply terrible. The food was okay but after waiting 2 hours to eat the taste should've been much better.Special Features: