Quanto Basta - Toronto
1112 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4W 2L6Neighborhood:
Rosedale / Summerhill
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Quanto Basta - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.quantobasta.ca/
- Phone: (416) 962-3141
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM;
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: James Bradden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Counter Seating, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Quanto Basta - Toronto
Welcome to Quanto Basta Enoteca. We are a neighborhood Italian bistro with fine dining flair and casual elegance all in one. We specialize in seasonal Itaian cuisine with the freshest, most local ingredients we can find. Our enomatic keeps some of the best reds fresh and ready to be enjoyed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quanto Basta - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fabulous food and serviceporcupinefaceDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our recent visit to your restaurant. The service was fantastic and the food was spectacular. It was one of our favourite meals we have had lately. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. A very nice restaurant for any occasion and especially nice to have in the neighbourhood. The menu was varied - something for everyone at our table. The pasta was especially delicious.Special Features:
- Friendly and fun! Delicious!AnniericDined on 10/21/2014Will return for sure. Staff is wonderful! Nice wine list. Been there twice and enjoyed amazing meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always my fav!LOVESFOOD76Dined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is one of my top 3 in Toronto, for not only great food, but outstanding service as well. This time I was little than impressed with the service - Terry Lynne was not there and I feel her absence made for an evening of disarray and frazzled attention to detail. Our server, noticeable brand new, couldn't keep up with the demands of the evening and the women who took some more initiatives behind him was less than pleasant at times, almost sarcastic. We will definitely go back, but this is definitely one of those things where when the cat is away.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done!Johnf1961VIPDined on 9/26/2014First time at this Rosedale / Summerhill stretch of Yonge St bistro. Very comfortable, yet energetic restaurant with an open kitchen, excellent food, and friendly, attentive service. Definitely worth a visit and a repeat engagement for us down the road.Special Features:
- Back door table?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We were seated at a table near the back door even though the most of the lovely booths were empty when we arrived and worse, several remained unoccupied the entire time.Special Features:
- fineHate2BhassledVIPDined on 9/9/2014it was fine. service was very attentive, food was fine. really at the end of the day it was fine. but not rushing back. lots of great places to go.Special Features:
- Best food of my lifeKrisDined on 8/30/2014This place was incredible. One of the best restaurants I have ever been to. I had gnocchi with crab and a lobster tail. It was unbelievable. The prices were incredibly reasonable and the service was the best I have ever received. Love this place and will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Ouanto BastaLuv2dineDined on 8/25/2014I used to come to this restaurant when it was Lakes! It became one of my favorite dining establishments and one where I never had a bad meal. So I have been anxious to see how Quanto Basta compared. I can say that the service the night we were there was outstanding - that was my main concern as I had heard that there was a bit of an attitude - certainly not the case as our waitress was so attentive and friendly. The food was good but I would like to return to try some of their other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot, hot, hotJodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014When your server tells you the plate is VERY hot, believe her!! And believe that the soup is VERY hot, too!! Far too hot!! Because today I am getting medical attention for a burned throat :-( Other than that….the food and service were good. However, next time I will order the Gazpacho!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently satisfyingRMCMDDined on 8/6/2014We have been back about 5 times in the past three months and have never been disappointed. The service is attentive, informed and friendly. The menu always has lots of things of interest and we keep coming back for more. We've sampled most of their fish offerings and several of their appetizers. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2014We had a wonderful meal and the service was friendly and professional. The stuffed zucchini flowers were delicious. The mushroom bruschetta and the burrata were both very tasty. We all had the Cornish hen as our main, and it was by far the best I have ever tasted. The skin was very crispy and the meat tender and juicy! We will return soon. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Quanto Basta - Toronto reviews archive.
- slam dunkMulletedMohawkDined on 7/19/2014You must visit this gem. I have made it my new to go place in the city. Never been disappointed. Incredible food, outstanding service, A+++ mazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude, Unattentive serviceSummerhillDinerDined on 7/12/2014Food was satisfactory, other than risotto which resembled a large plate of undercooked rice...not risotto. Manager and server were both made aware of this and did absolutely nothing until after a third request to remove it from the bill. Rude comments, appalling lack of professionalism and customer skills. Disappointing.
- Delicious dinnerMommy40Dined on 7/3/2014Food was delicious. Service was great. Overall a fabulous restaurant. We will be back!Special Features:
- Our favourite neighbourhood spot!VJOinTOVIPDined on 7/1/2014We always come back to Quanto Basta. The food is fantastic, and a great specials list every night.Special Features:
- Perfect pastaWestburyDined on 6/25/2014Lunch with two clients, excellent service. Food was amazing, shaved fresh black truffles over linguine in a Prosecco cream sauce to die for. Beautifully prepared salads and striped bass. properly chilled white wine. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GolabatoonDined on 6/13/2014I found the wine list extremely over priced. Appetizers were okay and the food was mediocre! I had dined at their sister restaurant before and found the food okay but not that great! Service was fine except for when paying for the bill and seeing mistakes in there! Then when we mentioned it, the hostess wasn't too happy about it and she was rather rude and offensive! I would not recommend this retaurant to anyone I know!
- Twice in a weekLavidaluchachaDined on 6/7/2014The food was so fresh and tasty, service spot on. Always friendly and helpful with suggestions but the good is the winnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch!LorraineGDined on 5/24/2014Brunch is a special treat at Quanto Basto. The menu harkens to the expected brunch time favourites, but all with a delightful foodie twist. Once you taste the Salmone (smoked salmon, poached eggs over an artful potato galette) you will find it hard to branch out to all the other delights Chef has thought up. Try it. Soon.Special Features:
- semi precious gemdiscoveryDined on 5/16/2014the space is lovely and made to feel comfortable. food is hit, but could use some tweaking. hence, the pasta with beef and asparagus, the beef could be more tender, pasta perfect. squid and sausage over salad, perfect balance in every which way.Special Features:
- Great expectationsFicklefoodieDined on 5/5/2014Great menu. Execution could be sharper. Carpaccio was excellent. Warm olives were great. Soup of the day was lack luster lentil. Burata was served over arugula and looked very nice but was served too cold to have any flavor beyond cottage cheese. Mushroom ravioli with truffle oil tasted good but was drowned in sauce. As harsh as this review may seem the meal was still firmly in the good category. I am a tough customer who eats out at least ten times per week. Service was friendly.
- Perfect Lunch PlaceTSCBDined on 5/1/2014Excellent lunch. Great service. Reasonable quiet for conversation; but with a buzz. Had lunch special salad with Branzino -perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good neighbourhood restaurantRMCMDDined on 3/29/2014Food was well described, nicely presented and very satisfying. I had tuna with a avocado-wasabi salsa on a bed of potato galette with asparagus (special) and my wife had veal marsala (the quality of which I can also attest to). We finished with a flour less chocolate torte and espresso ice cream that was a slight disappointment but overall, it was a definite come backer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good ambienceDanielDined on 3/2/2014If you are looking for good Italian at the right price then I recommend this restaurant. Always creative, always tasty and for a good value. Great wine selection as wellSpecial Features:
- Okay ;(Hate2BhassledVIPDined on 2/1/2014Live in the area. Been a few times. Won't be back. Food was okay-but the service was terrible. It was fine. But for the money, there are many other choices in the area.
- DisappointmentBuchanDined on 1/23/2014We had wanted to try this restaurant for a while - long-standing gal pal Birthday celebration in fact. Service was charming and efficient. Food was average - could not cut my too thick and tough veal scaloppini with a regular knife. The potato croquette was overcooked, too full of cheese and not tasty. App of buratta and prosciutto was very good. They took the veal off the menu which was appreciated. The problem with this restaurant is it is crowded, long and narrow and they had several loud and noisy groups at tables across from us. Add to that music blaring from speakers above (too loud and intrusive) and my friend and I had to shout at each other across a small table. We did not enjoy our experience and left early. I won't go back.Special Features:
- Lovely RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/10/2014Went there for lunch with my friend last Friday. The service was excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Quanto Basto is a fabulousDawnaDined on 1/7/2014Quanto Basto is a fabulous place to enjoy for an intimate dinner or with a group of friends. The food is excellent. Great accommodating staff. The service is one of the best in Toronto and the place is immaculate! Clean, clean, clean! We were there towards the end and the kitchen is open and we were very impressed with the level that the staff was cleaning every aspect of the kitchen. Rare! Menu is interesting and something for everyone Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- What you can expect:CanuckDined on 12/22/2013The specials were good but they waiver in quality when it comes to delivering the set entrees. Sometimes the food is incredible, other times it's 'meh'.Special Features:
- Wonderful service & great foodTanyaVIPDined on 10/25/2013I love I'm this area and always see this place packed. My girlfriends and I decided to try it out. I was really happy we did. The food was great and service wonderful. It's not stuck up or too fancy. You can go there for a casual meal out or a special night out. Highly recommend and would go again.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantlovefoodVIPDined on 10/19/2013Been there before and they don't disappoint. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinnerTimTDined on 10/5/2013Wonderful dinner as always at Quanto Basta. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Lunch Spot...Great food....MikeDined on 6/17/2013Excellent food, and attentive professional service. Did not love the ambiance- although there are a few tables at the front by the windows that were taken that would have been better than sitting further back. But the food- soups, fish, salad, were in each case excellent and we were well taken care of. I would imagine dinner here would be terrific as a local neighbourhood spot with excellent food at reasonable prices and would recommend it and may return to try the evening alternative!Special Features:
- Neighbourhood GemSeriouslyDined on 5/21/2013This is a great little Rosedale find with great prices and amazing service staff. You will find it tough to make a decision about what to order. But don't fret, you will likely be poking your fork in someone's dish for a taste or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food, great service.lovefoodVIPDined on 4/21/2013very good food, great service. Tuna was a bit overcooked. Worth a revisitSpecial Features:
- Consistently amazing. ThisAM30VIPDined on 4/13/2013Consistently amazing. This is one of my go-to neighbourhood spots. The service is great and the food is delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent food excellent service.Mdl123456Dined on 4/5/2013Excellent food excellent service. Calamari has a nice touch made w/ Italian sausage. As does the linguini.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2013Party of four, two of us ordered the rib steak special - one rare, one medium rare. Instead, we received one steak medium well and one well done. Restaurant offered to cook new steaks, however, we were pressed for time and could not wait. In the end, Quanto Basta did not apologize and happily charged us full price for our meal (including $39 per leatheresque rib steak). A token dessert would have been appreciated at a minimum. We will never go back and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Love this place! Great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013Love this place! Great food, great staff and always a great vibe. Nice place to have dinner for any occasion - even to sit at the bar solo.Special Features: