57 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.qualityitalian.com/
- Phone: 2123901111
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Tacinelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: 6th Avenue
- Public Transit: The closest subway lines/stops are the F to 57st Street, the N, Q, or R to Fifth Avenue/59th Street, or N or R to 57th Street/7th Avenue. The Columbus Circle stop and 53rd Street/Fifth Avenue stops are short walks to the restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a Central Parking System lot located around the corner at 58 W 58th Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues (800-836-6666).
A word from Quality Italian
Quality Italian is a modern interpretation of the Italian-American Steakhouse. Overseen by executive chef Scott Tacinelli, the kitchen updates classic steakhouse fare creating modern interpretations with Italian accents. The 200-seat restaurant, owned and operated by Fourth Wall Restaurants, was designed by AvroKO and references the Butcher's Guilds of Italy, responsible for the finest cuts of meat in Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quality Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
355 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (176)good for groups (161)special occasion (153)hot spot (137)notable wine list (99)romantic (80)vibrant bar scene (69)neighborhood gem (68)great for lunch (46)late-night find (30)great for brunch (21)scenic view (19)kid-friendly (15)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Quality Italian was the noisiest restaurant I have ever been in. I could not even hear my wife on the other side of the table. The staek was very good but the service was slow and spotty. There are much better choices for this expensive price range in NYC.
- Wine Week DelightBooFamilyDined on 9/16/2014Great way to participate in Wine Week. Location, staff, food, wine and atmosphere is excellent. Recommend anyone who has not tried the Quality Italian Steakhouse to put it on their to do list....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Wine WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Defkintiely a 'new' staple in midtown although they have been around for a while now. Great for Wine Week lunches. Only con is no Chicken Parm special during lunch - but hey, that just means another visit during dinner hours - things could be worse! :-)Special Features:
- Great foodChristinaVIPDined on 9/15/2014I went with my office for wine week and it was great! The Tuscan salad was great for lunch and I loved that I had a selection of items to add into my salad. My boss got a lobster roll and they were amazing. I would love to come back for dinner!Special Features:
- Quality Italian is Top Shelf!HurstdocVIPDined on 9/14/2014I took my family for brunch on Sunday and was amazed by the intriguing selections. We started with the Monkey Bread which is a must. It is served in a small pan, hot out of the oven, oozing with flavors to which you can add sea salt and butter. We each tried something different-breakfast risotto, an egg white frittata and buckwheat pasta with an egg sunny side up. It was all very tasty and filled with many flavors. We tried to figure out what we were tasting. It was all very good. We had some gelato for dessert and the flavors were unusual and quite good. We decided that we would like to go back for dinner and try their creativity with that menu.Special Features:
- Great dinnerJRaddVIPDined on 9/13/2014Service was great, food was great, wine list was extensive. The place was very busy and quite loud but it provided for a good sense of energy.Special Features:
- Excellent!TiberiusDined on 9/13/2014The fod was great and abundant. The service was attentive. Great place!Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Outstanding dining experience!!!!! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shameful ignorance or worseDisappointedinMalibuVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went to QI for brunch. Instructed waiter my wife had a severe lactose intolerance. When my wife ordered frittata, I specifically asked if it contained cheese. Waiter assured us it did not. Our meals all came out. My wife began to eat, quickly discovering to our horror her frittata DID contain cheese. Waiter argued with us, then returned to kitchen, then confessed it was cheese-laden. As our guests and I ate our meal, my wife waited with nothing to eat. Twenty minutes later, a new cheese-free frittata was brought out, after we had all finished our meals. Waiter was minimally apologetic and no one from management stopped by to apologize for this shameful idiocy on the poorly trained waiter's part. Too bad-the rest of the food was good.
- bobnyVIPDined on 9/12/2014outstanding restaurant from quality of food to service.Special Features:
- Amazing!StephenHVIPDined on 9/11/2014OMG, this place is incredible! The night started with a dead on Perfect Rye Manhattan. I think a restaurants ability to make the classic cocktails is a great indicator of how good the restaurant will be. The food was amazing, but I ate so much, I just couldn't decide what NOT to try. I had a Caesar salad, the Tomahawk steak, the Kale Carbonara, + the table split the Chicken Parnigiana (and still left 1/2 over). the addition of honey on the chicken was out of this world and makes me wonder why I haven't added it to all the take out that I have had over the years! The service was great, and they were very gracious about my bringing my own wine. A quick note, the place (on a Thursday) is on the loud side.Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant in NYCPHoopDined on 9/8/2014Terrible name for the restaurant. But, everything else is amazing. Highly recommend for anyone that wants great food in an energetic environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014This has become one of my favorite restaurants while only dining here once. They hit all aspects of what I look for in having a great meal. Service was phenomenal, food couldn't have been better and the atmosphere, while very crowded, seemed just to be background noise. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014Went here for my wedding anniversary. The food was delicious and our waiter was nice enough to offer us a champagne toast and dessert even though we didn't ask for them. The agnolotti was amazing and we shared the porter house steak which was cooked perfectly and delicious. We also got the baked clams which were made with toasted angel hair pasta instead of regular bread crumbs. Everything was delicious. I would definitely go back there again and would recommend to anyone looking for a good italian meal.Special Features:
- Avoidask2000VIPDined on 9/6/2014From a waiter that does not have the guts to speak out but mumbles loudly to an ineffective manager who cannot control an unruly bald staff member, this place is awful. Any amount of repeated courtesy shown towards them was lost. A pity since ambiance was great and majority of the staff will lose out to a few rotten apples
- Service needs improvementlvm29VIPDined on 9/4/2014After arriving on time for an 8PM reservation, our party of 3 was asked to wait at the bar. After 15 min waiting, the hostess came to apologize for the wait and to tell us it would only be a few more minutes for us to be seated. We ended up waiting a total of 30 min for the table. The server at our table was very efficient and kind, with the first course arriving only 10 min after ordering, but after the main course dishes were retired, our server never returned to offer dessert menus or even the check. We waited 30 min before we were able to catch another server's attention to request the check. The food was very good, but not good enough to stand such inconsistent service.
- Bistecca FiorentinaFoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014Great dining experience. Great wine list and service. Bistecca Fiorentina for 2, Kale Carbonara and the beefsteak tomato app.Special Features:
- Quality Everything!BlingzDined on 9/2/2014We're so glad Quality Italian lived up to its name when we visited earlier this week to celebrate our wedding anniversary. As other celebratory couples have mentioned before, QI graciously gave us a complimentary tomato gorgonzola appetizer, Prosecco champagne toast and blood orange gelatto dessert to help us celebrate our special day. My wife had the branzino, while I had the glazed filet mignon. Both were delicious, but the clams with homemade pasta ranks as one of the best I've ever had. We also had a double serving of their homemade bread...so warm and yummy! We highly recommend Quality Italian!Special Features:
- Perfectdku79Dined on 9/1/2014Everything was great, if just had not been so tired...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014The house salad dressing was outstanding. The chicken parm pizza was very good, couldn't believe how they made it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Thought everything except the food was good or above avg
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014it is hard to review a restaurant with a good perspective when your waiter is rude and cocky.Special Features:
- AmazingTribalartDined on 8/30/2014First time and he food was amazing! And my two waiters Were fantastic! I will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in all aspects!!TinypellDined on 8/29/2014From the moment we were greeted, the dining experience at Quality Italian was beyond fantastic! The ambiance is lovely with muted lighting and tasteful music. The menu offers such a vast array of choices that it is hard to come to a decision. I highly recommend the corn brulee - it is beyond decadent! The dessert menu, headed by Pastry Chef Cory Colton, is superior and tastefully varied.Special Features:
- Zeppolli for FourMsSMRDined on 8/29/2014Awesome food and service. My husband and I had dinner here with my son and his girlfriend. Even though they both work in Manhattan they usually prefer Brooklyn for drinks and dinner. They made the ultimate sacrifice to hang out with us in the ultimate tourist trap of 57th and 5th on a Friday night. We had a great time and the food was fabulous. We had clams for appetizer and sirloin, lamb chop, pasta and eggplant for dinner along with several sides. All awesome! We topped it off by sharing the zeppolli dessert which was a pleasant surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymousDined on 8/28/2014Excellent dinner. Creative appetizers. Exceeded all expectations.Special Features:
- A Quality MealDMDPDined on 8/28/2014This is a very energetic lively restaurant with amazing decor and delicious food. Jumbo shrimp were excellent and the steak outstanding. The pasta dish was one of the best I have ever eaten. Another wonderful NYC dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/28/2014Great wine list, but way overpriced. Food was low quality. I think the chicken parm from 5 days ago is still sitting in my stomach, and calling it chicken is a stretch since it was very tough and chewy. I would not return.
- Some of the best food in NYC!!MJD523VIPDined on 8/28/2014The eggplant ant the pork chop are to die for. Hands down one of my favorite restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better thsan expectedmitchellsVIPDined on 8/26/2014I thought this was going to be more of a cookie cutter type steakhouse but it is the opposite. Creative menu, very well prepared food and excellent service. Great for a business dinner. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2014we were a big, indecisive group. The staff was patient and helpful and was right on point with recommendations. With no exceptions, everyone was impressed with the meal, and being a big group we had the opportunity to try a lot of menu items. very glad we chose QI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceCoachDaveDined on 8/26/2014At least as good as Quality Meats, its sister restaurant. The steak was wonderful, the pasta appetizers large and tasty (if you aren't too hungry, you could easily have one of them plus a salad and call it dinner) and the sides unique. Plus, our servers Natasha and Victor were the best!Special Features:
- Not GoodbethVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a terrible experience at Quality Italian. Quality it was not. The polpetto with eggplant was mushy dense and tasteless. We had to send it back. My $52 dollar dover sole was nothing special. Forgettable. The signature chicken parmesan was a sheet of mozzarella over again, dense, breaded tasteless chicken. Nothing was good. Sorry.Special Features:
- OutstandingLizhVIPDined on 8/23/2014Absolutely amazing.... The wait at the table was a little long - and right away our server came over, addressed it and sent an appetizer. How cool is that. A great way to start the relationship. We were there at 10 PM on a Saturday night - and the place was packed. Our food - service - was off the charts. Had the Oysters - some of the best I have eaten. Tried the sole special - outstanding, and a few sides (spinach, artichoke mac) We had an A plus super tuscan.....Guidolberto. If you like Ambiance - you will love Quality Italian. If you value amazing service - this is a MUST GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceitalianfoodcraverDined on 8/23/2014When I booked my reservation online using opentable.com I put a note in the special requests just stating that it was my anniversary with my girlfriend. When we were approached by the waiter after ordering our drinks he surprised us with complimentary glasses of shampagne ($25 value) and then congratulated us on our anniversary. It was a great touch and really surprised my girlfriend that I put that comment in the reservation. Then, when we got our dinner we were given a complimentary side dish of the macaroni artichoke ($10 value), which was amazing! We were stuffed from the great food but then out came a complimentary dessert ($10 value). The service was phenomenal and the food somehow was even better. We will go back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fiorentina in NY,great serviceModiDined on 8/22/2014Usually you get the porterhouse steak with tons of butter, however the Fiorentina with olive oil , rosemary &thyme is superior, at least to me . The quality of the meat was superb, grilled to perfection, starters & deserts very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to how back!SwimmerDined on 8/21/2014This food is so good!!! Chicken Parm is exceptional. I only wish I could figure out how they made it so I could re-create it at home!Special Features:
- First time in New YorkAkronOhio2014Dined on 8/21/2014Very noisy restaurant. I wish the internet had sound bites as well as pictures. I asked for romantic but was seated between 2 tables of two, 16 inches apart from either side of our table. The food was over priced. My husband had the swordfish and the portion was small. I ordered lemon blackened chicken and it was a leg/thigh combination that was hard to eat " ladylike". We ordered Caesar salad that was loaded with dressing and wilting. We also ordered fingerling potatoes that were honestly tasteless that I could have made at home. Sorry but one hundred dollars later, bad choice. Sad in Ohio!Special Features:
- WonderfulBucaDined on 8/21/2014Love this place! Everything is just right. The corn creme brûlée is a must and the eggplant polpette is delicious. Must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodBuckeye33VIPDined on 8/19/2014First time dining at Quality Italian. Baked clams outstanding, Chicken parm for two good would have like it better if it was a thinner cuttlet. Would like to try the veal shank for two on our next trip there.Special Features: