57 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.qualityitalian.com/
- Phone: (212) 390-1111
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Tacinelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: 6th Avenue
- Public Transit: The closest subway lines/stops are the F to 57st Street, the N, Q, or R to Fifth Avenue/59th Street, or N or R to 57th Street/7th Avenue. The Columbus Circle stop and 53rd Street/Fifth Avenue stops are short walks to the restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a Central Parking System lot located around the corner at 58 W 58th Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues (800-836-6666).
A word from Quality Italian
Quality Italian is a modern interpretation of the Italian-American Steakhouse. Overseen by executive chef Scott Tacinelli, the kitchen updates classic steakhouse fare creating modern interpretations with Italian accents. The 200-seat restaurant, owned and operated by Fourth Wall Restaurants, was designed by AvroKO and references the Butcher's Guilds of Italy, responsible for the finest cuts of meat in Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quality Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
357 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (188)good for groups (182)special occasion (153)hot spot (139)notable wine list (117)romantic (80)vibrant bar scene (74)neighborhood gem (67)great for lunch (57)late-night find (27)scenic view (17)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- SFoodieVIPDined on 11/20/2014Good food if you stick to the basics. The hostesses are awful. The kind of service where they make it clear that the restaurant is far more important than you are. Go instead to their sister restaurant Quality Meats where the food is better and the staff is not stuck up and far friendlier.I would recommend this to a friend.
- experience was great until the food arrived.Italian1Dined on 11/20/2014A bland dining experience. Branzino entree looked veryappealing until I tried it. The fish was over cooked and the vegatable an cous-cous on the plate was nearly tasteless. To be fair the Octopus appetizer was excellent! I will give QA another visit.Special Features:
- Reservations mean nothing here!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/18/2014They made us wait an hour even though we had reservations. Terrible hostess service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentNewYorker1VIPDined on 11/18/2014I have been to Quality Italian twice, both times for a birthday celebration. The food is good and the wine list is great. The wait staff are amazing. They are all very accommodating and friendly but not intrusive. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QUALITY ITALIAN EQUALS QULAITY MEALfoodiemikeDined on 11/18/2014ON the upside the meal was over the top. The steaks were seasoned and cooked perfectly, the bread was OH SO GOOD-OH SO GOOD and the Corn Crème Brule one of THE BEST side dishes I have ever had. Our server was very pleasant although a bit rushed (very busy lunch crowd) and made excellent recommendations. If you are looking for quiet conversation not really the place but if you want a great meal in a spirited location then go and get the CORN CREME BRULESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Great energy and ambiance sets the scene for some amazing food. Try the steak florentine for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost 5 * butOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/15/2014Fabulous, inventive food and incredible service by numerous people in wait staff. Would have given this a 5 except for one thing. Friend and I got stuck in the worst traffic ever and I called the restaurant from the cab (long before our reservation time) to tell them we would be a "bit" late. The reservation person said we can only hold your table for 15 minutes. Luckily we got there just about 15 minutes late but when you're dining at an upscale, expensive place like this AND you call to say you're stuck in traffic, giving your table away (or even threatening to do so) is inexcusable. Then we realized while we were there that they are turning numerous table over 3 times!! Theater crowd, then 7:30 crowd and then 9:00 and later crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent, Service OKHollySDined on 11/15/2014The food was excellent. We had the porterhouse for 2 and it was amazing. The service was just OK. For the cost, the service should have been excellent. We waiting a really long time for our drinks. I'm pretty sure that I waiter forgot to put our drink order in but later remembered. The tables are really close together and we had the people next to us complain about how awful their table was for about 10 minutes - until they were told that there were no other seats available and they got up and left. The couple on the other side of us fought the entire time. One of them even stormed away from the table, throwing his napkin down. We tried to mind our own business but it was hard to do considering how close we were sitting to them! But we would definitely return because everything we ate was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBeckyC76Dined on 11/14/2014Amazing food, great service especially the manager who frequented our table often. We loved out meal. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special experienceBabsbunny77VIPDined on 11/14/2014Each time we come here, it gets better and better... if that's even possible. Whether it's for business or with friends, it's a lovely time and the service is impeccable. Can't say enough great things about the meal from start to finish. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out !TCSHDined on 11/14/2014Came here from London as a strong recommendation from a friend and it didn't disappoint. Surprisingly large inside. Good meet and greet area for a cocktail or two followed by a really great meal. Service was great and the music just added to the event while being looked down on by the giant Buddha. Will certainly pass on the recommendation to any mates g from London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OutstandingSuzmcolDined on 11/14/2014I finally booked a reservation at Quality Italian, motivated by the need to take a close friend out for a great birthday dinner. Our experience exceeded my expectations based on all of the positive reviews I had read. From the second we checked in with the hostess who was warm and friendly (which is sadly not usually the case in upscale restaurants), every moment was a delight. Our waiter Alex was incredible--probably the best server we've encountered--he was knowledgeable about the cuisine and about the wine suggesting great pairings and helping us to order an impeccable selection of items from the menu. Amazing crudo (scallops!!), bucatini with clams, creamed corn brûlée, delicious ribeye...Alex, along with the bus staff were energetic, smiling, available and friendly--ensuring we never had to ask for a thing. All in all, the service was superb and we can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/14/2014Food was great. Server was very nice and attentive. However, it happens every time that the server disappears when it comes time to pay the check. The hostesses however were disinterested and bordered on rude. That might make me think twice about going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Italian very high qualitytoughbutfairDined on 11/9/2014For such a large commercial looking restaurant, we had a delicious dinner in this lively, energetic atmosphere. The food was excellent, tasty, nicely presented; service was attentive without being cloying or hovering; menu diverse with good wine list. Highly enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014everyone's food was excellent! two people shared the chicken parm, and still had food left!Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening except for...NYDinerDined on 11/8/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The food was great. Our waiter was very engaging. Quality Italian was an overall fun restaurant. However, we were not pleased by the maitre'd who rudely kicked us off our table after we hit the "3 hour time limit" without any warning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Italian SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Fabulous Meal!! 5 in our party, and everyone's dinner was delicious. Loved the chicken parm! (Huge portion)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a mustheaneyDined on 11/8/2014Starting with the great bartender Colin to the wait staff, everything was GREAT. The food is amazing! 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseMyreview922Dined on 11/7/2014Searched Zagats and chose Quality Italian because of the steakhouse type menu mixed with Italian food, very unique. My wife and I had a great time for our 7th Anniversary. We both agreed that Quality Italian has great food and is a happening spot. We thought we should bring a larger group of our family along the next time. The only downside was we thought our food came out too quick. Fast is good, but too quick makes you feel like you are getting rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved!rhartVIPDined on 11/7/2014Went here Friday for my father's bday. Everything from start to finish was wonderful!! He loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening.FunDiningDined on 11/7/2014Great experience. This was our second time dining here because we enjoyed it so much the first time. We have referred others and we plan on coming here again during our next stay in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by a localSamODined on 11/4/2014All dishes were excellent. Very buzzy atmosphere. We understand why it was recommended by a local contact, who is a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSaturn61Dined on 11/3/2014Loved my evening here and was able to make an impression with my friend and my thousands of social media followers were jealous LOLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth multiple visitsCMDFJLKFJDLKFJDFLDKFJDined on 11/3/2014Wish I had room to try more from the menu. Go with 6 people so you can get some of everything. Chicken Parm is a must. Artichoke Macaroni wonderful.Special Features:
- ExcellentkpealgVIPDined on 11/3/2014We've been to some of the best restaurants in the world. Italian food is our weakness, and Quality Italian provides excellent food, wine and most of all, service. We had the Fusilli Alla Norma, Dry-Aged Porterhouse Agnilotti and the special Dover Sole. All highly recommend. And of course dessert - Ferrero Rocher and Coconut Stracchiatella gelatos (they're HUGE scoops - 1 of these is fine for 2 people - we recommend the coconut).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulDined on 11/2/2014Underwhelmed unfortunately. Menu unfulfilling and ambiance crowded and unappealingSpecial Features:
- Marathon FinishHappyRunnerDined on 11/2/2014I picked Quality Italian because of the great reviews and location. After running the New York Marathon I was ready for a great meal and they delivered! The complimentary bottle of wine for marathon finishers was totally unexpected and very generous. I will race back to Quality Italian the very next visit to New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner At Quality ItalianDLynVIPDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed a quality meal at Quality Italian. The ambiance is energetic and the service is stellar. The food is pretty great too. I immensely enjoyed the angolotti appetizer. I'm a huge fan of homemade pasta and this was excellent. We enjoyed our steaks which I have to say are Flintstone size, huge! They had a hiccup in the kitchen and brought me the wrong cut of steak. They brought me the proper steak and gave us the wrong steak to take home. They also took the steak off the bill. We were satisfied with the resolution but they didn't stop there, they gave us free dessert. We each ordered a dessert and the restaurant gave us an extra one on the house too (in case you aren't counting 3 free desserts and 2 free steaks)!Special Features:
- Very good meat + nice presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/1/2014Everyone agreed it was a delicious meal but hard to get out of the there for less than $150/person including tax and tip if you are doing 3 courses and drinks. Presentation is quite nice as well with their desserts and apps.Special Features:
- wonderful eveningzbarsworldDined on 10/31/2014The name of the restaurant lowered my expectations. Usually if a business claims they are quality or the best or whatever I am disappointed. I wasn't this time. I loved the ambience. The staff and waiter was friendly and polished. They had great drinks and the chicken parm was delicious. Quality had a very interesting menu and I'd love to try the steaks at another time. A quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BertVIPDined on 10/30/2014Major disappointment. 3 out 4 streaks undercooked. Waiter never stopped back to check on us, so no chance to get them adjusted. Overall very poor service and lack of attention from waiter except to try to push a third bottle of wine on us. Will not repeat. A major step (or 3) down from its sister, Quality Meats.Special Features:
- Great except for pushy waiter.NYCbp79Dined on 10/30/2014Went for a business lunch. Food and location were great - had been warned that it's s better for dinner but found the lunch menu to have many options and everything we had was delicious. Only issue was the service - interruptive and up selling at every opportunity. Even when my guest and I told our waiter that we didn't want any starters, thank you, he continued to push those as well as sides, desserts, etc. Expect this was an isolated incident but was still odd in that setting and something my guest and I both noticed, unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but sometimes worth itNYCDinerVIPDined on 10/29/2014I've eaten here several times and I've never really been "wowed", yet I keep going back for the stunning atmosphere inside (especially for a midtown restaurant). If you eat meat it's a solid meal, but the service is spotty and the majority of the menu is underwhelming. This is definitely an expense account restaurant, very pricey. With that said, it's a steak joint and the "pork chop is the best I've ever had IN MY LIFE" said my dining companion who licked his plate. Don't bother with the pastas (small portion, no flavor - I have tried them all), the sides and fish are good but super small portions, appetizers are all good and more worth it than the sides. Besides the pork chop, the veal milanese is delicious and can feed two people.Special Features:
- NoiseLuvveroVIPDined on 10/28/2014the noise level in this place is unbearable. some of the food was passable but for the prices one would expect far more and ambience that one could enjoy instead of being thrown into an atmosphere where you could not hear what your dining partner was saying. The service was unacceptably slow as well -- a total no-go
- Unique & authenticYandHDined on 10/26/2014What a wonderful surprise - I had heard great things about the dinner at Q.I., but the brunch was phenomenal! The setting is gorgeous, quiet, and intimate. The eggplant parmesan benedict is just to die for. Also shared some monkey bread and a side of pancetta with friends and indulged in a spiced pear bellini. For a special occasion brunch, this is the place.Special Features:
- Wish there was a QI in DCfoodczardcDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Quality of food and service is always great. Met the new GM, Kevin Dillon-super nice guy!Special Features:
- SpectacularDoribella1Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I went for lunch and our meals were amazing from beginning to end the service was above any expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCatalinaVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food is fantastic despite the high prices. They have the best baked clams i have ever had. The steak was to die for. I am not too fond of dinning on 57st. The crowd at QI makes the ambience feel uptight and boring but the food made it all worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT ITALIANOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014food was definitely NOT Italian in origin or preparation. although it was more than edible. do not go expecting Italian food, mostly the same steaks, chops, seafood and sides prepared at Quality Meats around the corner, but not as good.
- Great Ambiance and Service!Goodlife48Dined on 10/23/2014Went here for lunch to catch up with an old friend. At noon it was quiet and not busy but by 1 the place was full and buzzing yet never too loud to have a conversation. Our salads, which were nice but nothing exceptional, came very quickly so we were finished eating before we finished chatting! I asked our very nice waiter if we could sit and visit for a while longer and he was delighted to let us do so. BTW there were gorgeous plates of seafood and shellfish being served all around us... Definitely would like to go again for a splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.