57 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.qualityitalian.com/
- Phone: 2123901111
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Tacinelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: 6th Avenue
- Public Transit: The closest subway lines/stops are the F to 57st Street, the N, Q, or R to Fifth Avenue/59th Street, or N or R to 57th Street/7th Avenue. The Columbus Circle stop and 53rd Street/Fifth Avenue stops are short walks to the restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a Central Parking System lot located around the corner at 58 W 58th Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues (800-836-6666).
A word from Quality Italian
Quality Italian is a modern interpretation of the Italian-American Steakhouse. Overseen by executive chef Scott Tacinelli, the kitchen updates classic steakhouse fare creating modern interpretations with Italian accents. The 200-seat restaurant, owned and operated by Fourth Wall Restaurants, was designed by AvroKO and references the Butcher's Guilds of Italy, responsible for the finest cuts of meat in Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quality Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
349 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (168)good for groups (166)special occasion (164)hot spot (141)notable wine list (92)romantic (80)vibrant bar scene (73)neighborhood gem (66)great for lunch (40)late-night find (31)great for brunch (20)scenic view (18)kid-friendly (15)Show More
- Zeppolli for FourMsSMRDined on 8/29/2014Awesome food and service. My husband and I had dinner here with my son and his girlfriend. Even though they both work in Manhattan they usually prefer Brooklyn for drinks and dinner. They made the ultimate sacrifice to hang out with us in the ultimate tourist trap of 57th and 5th on a Friday night. We had a great time and the food was fabulous. We had clams for appetizer and sirloin, lamb chop, pasta and eggplant for dinner along with several sides. All awesome! We topped it off by sharing the zeppolli dessert which was a pleasant surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quality MealDMDPDined on 8/28/2014This is a very energetic lively restaurant with amazing decor and delicious food. Jumbo shrimp were excellent and the steak outstanding. The pasta dish was one of the best I have ever eaten. Another wonderful NYC dining experience.Special Features:
- Some of the best food in NYC!!MJD523VIPDined on 8/28/2014The eggplant ant the pork chop are to die for. Hands down one of my favorite restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better thsan expectedmitchellsVIPDined on 8/26/2014I thought this was going to be more of a cookie cutter type steakhouse but it is the opposite. Creative menu, very well prepared food and excellent service. Great for a business dinner. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2014we were a big, indecisive group. The staff was patient and helpful and was right on point with recommendations. With no exceptions, everyone was impressed with the meal, and being a big group we had the opportunity to try a lot of menu items. very glad we chose QI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceCoachDaveDined on 8/26/2014At least as good as Quality Meats, its sister restaurant. The steak was wonderful, the pasta appetizers large and tasty (if you aren't too hungry, you could easily have one of them plus a salad and call it dinner) and the sides unique. Plus, our servers Natasha and Victor were the best!Special Features:
- Not GoodbethVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a terrible experience at Quality Italian. Quality it was not. The polpetto with eggplant was mushy dense and tasteless. We had to send it back. My $52 dollar dover sole was nothing special. Forgettable. The signature chicken parmesan was a sheet of mozzarella over again, dense, breaded tasteless chicken. Nothing was good. Sorry.Special Features:
- OutstandingLizhVIPDined on 8/23/2014Absolutely amazing.... The wait at the table was a little long - and right away our server came over, addressed it and sent an appetizer. How cool is that. A great way to start the relationship. We were there at 10 PM on a Saturday night - and the place was packed. Our food - service - was off the charts. Had the Oysters - some of the best I have eaten. Tried the sole special - outstanding, and a few sides (spinach, artichoke mac) We had an A plus super tuscan.....Guidolberto. If you like Ambiance - you will love Quality Italian. If you value amazing service - this is a MUST GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceitalianfoodcraverDined on 8/23/2014When I booked my reservation online using opentable.com I put a note in the special requests just stating that it was my anniversary with my girlfriend. When we were approached by the waiter after ordering our drinks he surprised us with complimentary glasses of shampagne ($25 value) and then congratulated us on our anniversary. It was a great touch and really surprised my girlfriend that I put that comment in the reservation. Then, when we got our dinner we were given a complimentary side dish of the macaroni artichoke ($10 value), which was amazing! We were stuffed from the great food but then out came a complimentary dessert ($10 value). The service was phenomenal and the food somehow was even better. We will go back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fiorentina in NY,great serviceModiDined on 8/22/2014Usually you get the porterhouse steak with tons of butter, however the Fiorentina with olive oil , rosemary &thyme is superior, at least to me . The quality of the meat was superb, grilled to perfection, starters & deserts very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to how back!SwimmerDined on 8/21/2014This food is so good!!! Chicken Parm is exceptional. I only wish I could figure out how they made it so I could re-create it at home!Special Features:
- First time in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Very noisy restaurant. I wish the internet had sound bites as well as pictures. I asked for romantic but was seated between 2 tables of two, 16 inches apart from either side of our table. The food was over priced. My husband had the swordfish and the portion was small. I ordered lemon blackened chicken and it was a leg/thigh combination that was hard to eat " ladylike". We ordered Caesar salad that was loaded with dressing and wilting. We also ordered fingerling potatoes that were honestly tasteless that I could have made at home. Sorry but one hundred dollars later, bad choice. Sad in Ohio!Special Features:
- WonderfulBucaDined on 8/21/2014Love this place! Everything is just right. The corn creme brûlée is a must and the eggplant polpette is delicious. Must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodBuckeye33VIPDined on 8/19/2014First time dining at Quality Italian. Baked clams outstanding, Chicken parm for two good would have like it better if it was a thinner cuttlet. Would like to try the veal shank for two on our next trip there.Special Features:
- tfroOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014place is pretty, and the servers were very professional and prompt however the food is only a notch or two above a chain restaurant.Special Features:
- so-so big American Italian foodJanomiDined on 8/17/2014medium rare is pretty rare here huge portions felt like the cheesecake factory the crudo items were delicious and finely prepared. the rest was average. and below average when you consider the prices.Special Features:
- MY WORST DINNER EVER!Foodie101nycDined on 8/16/2014Please DO NOT order the LOBSTER DIAVOLO, I'm still traumitized over how disgusting this dinner was. I have no clue why I did'nt return it and order something else? Maybe I was tipsy and could'nt think straight. My friend ordered the steak, she did'nt like it either. The bread I must say is fabulous, and all around very nice staff including: the hostess, waiters, food runners, and managers were very friendly. I like Quality steak (even though it smells like meat locker). I'm not sure if I will ever eat here again, maybe if someone else is paying, I would def try the pasta next time.Special Features:
- Love this placeBabsbunny77VIPDined on 8/12/2014Thank you so much for taking care of my people. You always go above and beyond. It is sincerely appreciated. They are still raving about the scallops and the corn creme brulee! Mission accomplished!!!! I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a business lunch, special occasion, or romantic dinner!Special Features:
- My first timeFoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014It was my debut at this restaurant and overall it was a positive experience. The waiter seemed a bit eager to take our order but better that than have to wonder who is looking after us. We ordered the veal shank for two and it was truly the largest shank I have ever seen. Because it was being shared, the waiter removed it from the bone table side and spread the meat across a plate. I think something is lost in the experience by having it taken off the bone. The meat was moist and tender and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Another person at the table ordered the branzino which we were less joyful over. The portion was small and not the tastiest of branzinos we have eaten. The waiter was nice and attentive but lacking in personality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spotmattyfresh6974Dined on 8/9/2014Loved the steak..the pasta and the chicken parm was next level excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar experience!Foodie4sureDined on 8/9/2014My lamb was fantastic! Done to perfection! Loved the creamed kale as well. My husband & I celebrated our 20th anniversary together. The restaurant sent us a complimentary bottle of prosecco & sorbet with a written chocolate message! Extra special touches to enhance the evening! Will definately return & reccomend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedmmckloskeyDined on 8/9/2014Much more touristy than I expected. It might have been due to the day (Saturday) and time (7:00 pm) that we chose to go there, but I felt like this restaurant in many ways (service, menu, atmosphere) is geared to people visiting New York more than people who live in New York.
- GREAT RESTAURANTrhodaVIPDined on 8/9/2014My daughter wanted to try this restaurant. So while I was visiting her we made a reservation for an early dinner. It appeared that for the few days I was there that the only availability was early or very late. The reason why is that the food is so good. We shared a steak which was delicious. We also shared a chopped salad and the corn gnudi. The corn gnudi is gluten free and was the best thing on the menu. Our waiter helped us with our order and he was outstanding. I wasn't gluten free I would have ordered the chicken parnigiana which looked amazing! This is definitely a must when you come to New York.Special Features:
- Simply FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014We did a family visit to Quality Italian. It was our first visit to the Quality Meats new venture. I had the octopus app. and the Dover Sole special. It was the whole fish, done with a hazelnut brown butter fileted tableside. My wife had the caesar salad & pasta with lamb ragu. Salad was crisp & nicely dressed & her pasta was perfectly al dente with the just the right amount of sauce. My kids had plenty of choices that they liked. The wine list is very deep, with most of the selections fairly priced. If you like older vintages they have them, but as expected, you have to pay. We sampled several desserts which were also excellent & the service was spot on. Next trip to NYC we will definitely be visiting Quality Italian. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- AwesomeCharmDined on 8/8/2014Been here twice. Great vibe. Nice portions. Excellent food. Fun desserts.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceFoodieSKJDined on 8/8/2014Although the noise level was a bit too loud, the food and service made up for it. It is a wonderful place for couples or families. The pastas are spectacular as are the steaks. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality italianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014The service was the best. However they were so attentive if you stepped away your plate was gone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just DreamyBabsbunny77VIPDined on 8/4/2014I didn't think it could get any better... but it always does! There are so many ways that Quality Italian just nails it every time. The service and staff are lovely... the food is decadent... and the ambiance is delightful. The place is always abuzz whether it's a Monday or a Saturday night. If you're looking for a great night out in a beautiful surrounding, you can stop your searching, bc you've found just the place! Recommended dishes: grilled octopus, porterhouse agnolotti, new fusilli pasta, chicken parm for 2, and lobster fra diavolo. Bring your appetite and enjoy the food excursion!Special Features:
- DOITVIPDined on 8/3/2014Terrific food & great service. Have eaten there 3 times and i am always very pleased. It is pricey but with given how they deliver on all fronts well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014Always exceeds expectations. Look forward to the unique specials. So many great appetizers and sides and the portions are very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loads of fun. Great serviceMysticDined on 8/1/2014Loads of fun. Great service. Food was great and the wine list is well rounded. Would recommend to friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fabulous Birthday dinner!FoodLoversdelightDined on 7/31/2014My girlfriend took me to QI to celebrate my birthday and we had a gastronomic dinner! We had the aged porterhouse agnolotti to start and it was purely delicious with it's savory juice and the oysters ricci with uni butter is divine! We had the chicken parm and each slice was a satisfying meal and so decadent! Love, love eating at QI!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Our first experience and it was outstanding. Service was first rate and the food was fabulous. I would highly recommend.
- Outstanding!DisplacedTexanDined on 7/31/2014My new favorite steak place in Manhattan!! Gorgonzola on a filet? Don't even think about it, just order it. Absolutely outstanding all around. Service was great, exceptionally attentive, and not pretentious. Recommendations were spot on for wine and dessert. When we had the wine list open, everyone who walked by stopped to ask if we needed help. When the food came, at least three different people came by to make sure everything was satisfactory. Not cheap but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ratemacmcc996Dined on 7/30/2014We had a party of four, we're all in hospitality (I'm a GM, brought my Chef and our dates) and we loved every facet of our experience there. We had to wait about 20min past our reservation time, but that was the only hitch. The menu has a good balance of classics and some inventive dishes. The wines were reasonably priced and the labels we tried were excellent. The service was probably some of the best I've received in recent memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was really GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014I had been to Quality Meats (sister restaraunt) which is great. I thought this would actually be italian cuisine, which it isn't. However, dinner was great...but its an italian steak house. Who know? I wonder if I was the only clueless first time customer to QI who thought that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/28/2014Three (out of 4) of us had romaine salad with seared tuna. There was much too much dressing on the salad, and tasted like wishbone dressing from the refrigerator. the tuna was stringy on some plates. Ambiance was good and looks like a good place to go after work for drinks and hang.
- High QualityGolem212VIPDined on 7/27/2014Juicy steaks, savory roast chicken, a "vastly under-appreciated pork chop" (in the words of our server) comprise the gustatory delights at Quality Italian. The younger sibling of Quality Meats, QI offers thoughtful and professional service with plenty of personality, a varied wine list and hearty servings for foodies and visiting firemen alike. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!Mags1Dined on 7/26/2014Best meal from start to finish. Fabulous service. The chicken parm pizza is amazing, as well as, the bread and corn brûlée ! I would highly recommend Quality Italian. It is indeed quality.Special Features:
- Great Service, Delicious FoodBunnyNYVIPDined on 7/26/2014I keep coming back to QI for the food and the attentive service. Their signature Chicken Parmagiana is a great share dish. The presentation is awesome. Sauces are what sometimes makes a dish go from being good to great and many of the QI dishes have amazing sauce... like the baked clams and the agnolotti. I used my fresh baked bread to slop up all the sauce from the dish. Mom taught me to always clean my plate haha.Special Features: