57 West 57th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.qualityitalian.com/
- Phone: 2123901111
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Tacinelli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: 6th Avenue
- Public Transit: The closest subway lines/stops are the F to 57st Street, the N, Q, or R to Fifth Avenue/59th Street, or N or R to 57th Street/7th Avenue. The Columbus Circle stop and 53rd Street/Fifth Avenue stops are short walks to the restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a Central Parking System lot located around the corner at 58 W 58th Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues (800-836-6666).
A word from Quality Italian
Quality Italian is a modern interpretation of the Italian-American Steakhouse. Overseen by executive chef Scott Tacinelli, the kitchen updates classic steakhouse fare creating modern interpretations with Italian accents. The 200-seat restaurant, owned and operated by Fourth Wall Restaurants, was designed by AvroKO and references the Butcher's Guilds of Italy, responsible for the finest cuts of meat in Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Quality Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
350 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (185)good for groups (172)special occasion (153)hot spot (137)notable wine list (105)romantic (78)vibrant bar scene (72)neighborhood gem (61)great for lunch (58)late-night find (26)great for brunch (22)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (16)Show More
- Unique & authenticYandHDined on 10/26/2014What a wonderful surprise - I had heard great things about the dinner at Q.I., but the brunch was phenomenal! The setting is gorgeous, quiet, and intimate. The eggplant parmesan benedict is just to die for. Also shared some monkey bread and a side of pancetta with friends and indulged in a spiced pear bellini. For a special occasion brunch, this is the place.Special Features:
- Wish there was a QI in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Quality of food and service is always great. Met the new GM, Kevin Dillon-super nice guy!Special Features:
- SpectacularDoribella1Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I went for lunch and our meals were amazing from beginning to end the service was above any expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT ITALIANOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014food was definitely NOT Italian in origin or preparation. although it was more than edible. do not go expecting Italian food, mostly the same steaks, chops, seafood and sides prepared at Quality Meats around the corner, but not as good.
- Great Ambiance and Service!Goodlife48Dined on 10/23/2014Went here for lunch to catch up with an old friend. At noon it was quiet and not busy but by 1 the place was full and buzzing yet never too loud to have a conversation. Our salads, which were nice but nothing exceptional, came very quickly so we were finished eating before we finished chatting! I asked our very nice waiter if we could sit and visit for a while longer and he was delighted to let us do so. BTW there were gorgeous plates of seafood and shellfish being served all around us... Definitely would like to go again for a splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality ItalianSL17506Dined on 10/22/2014Hard to find, the full dining area is on the 2nd floor at the corner...as its name suggests, its quality food but not as much Italian as I thought. The 24oz steak (for lunch) is notable, although was told it was a tomahawk steak so much of the 24oz is bone. Excellent overall spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food & serviceSuperfritziDined on 10/21/2014Went there for our anniversary dinner. Food was outstanding: the specials for the day were a giant crab claw (appetizer) which was enough to share for two and exceptional, as was the bone-in filet. Service was fast, very polite and professional without being overbearing. When the restaurant filled up, it definitely got noisy, because it's a big room. We didn't mind, but something to keep in mind if you want to have a quiet dinner/serious conversation. Also, for those who expect a more traditional "Italian" line up: it's still a steak house first, yet with an Italian twist. Love the ambiance, though I'm an even bigger fan of the sister restaurant, Quality Meats. Definitely would be back because of the food and the service.Special Features:
- Lively Lunch Spot, Noisy, Good FoodTishDined on 10/21/2014Quality Italian is a superior kitchen in a neighborhood of mediocre tourist spots. The 2nd floor room is handsome and the tables aren't too close, making it seem good for a business lunch. But the room is all hard surfaces and the noise level made it impossible to have a conversation. Service was only fair; we were rushed to order, two dishes came with ingredients missing (croutons on salads which were touted in the salads' description), and two different waiters tried to take coffee orders. For that matter, we lost track of how many different servers we dealt with. The reward is the food: perfectly prepared, great flavor, beautiful presentation. I'd go back but only for a quieter table by the window or at off-hours for a quieter room.Special Features:
- Fantastic on all frontsRichardDined on 10/19/2014If you've been to Quality Italian's sister site, Quality Meats, expect more of the same goodness with a twist. The atmosphere, service and food is all top notch. My date and I went with famous chicken parm that was off the charts and had two sides — corn creme brulee and sauteed spinach. The corn was a bit too sweet this go around but that's kind of par for the course with a creme brulee-inspired dish. For dessert if you skip the signature lemon tart you're doing yourself a disservice. Will be recommending this to family and friends as the their next go-to spot.Special Features:
- Great food, great service!diner4everVIPDined on 10/19/2014Cannot say enough about this place. The manager Mike was at the top of his game. Responsive and customer oriented. I worked with him and his staff to organize a set menu for my party of 12 and he was a pleasure to work with. The food was fresh and delicious and our wait staff was lovely and professional. My guests had a great time and left raving about the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was lacking, food was goodcindyVIPDined on 10/17/2014Despite having two wait staff serving our table there were multiple and repeated mistakes in our order and forgotten drinks, requests for bread etc. the wait staff was friendly and always eagerly accepted our requests and then promptly ignored or forgot them. food was very good. Table was ready when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boisterous and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014Not for the hard of hearing with the noise levels, but service was attentive (if interruptive), drinks were flowing, and food was delicious. Loved the bread pan (though we had to ask for it). The pappardelle was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AFSNYCVIPDined on 10/14/2014Incredible food, and a great experience altogether.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Done RightFoodie221422Dined on 10/12/2014My husband and I come here as our go to special occasion restaurant, most recently celebrating our anniversary. Every dish we have tried is made to perfection. The service is excellent from when you walk in to when you walk out (our server chased us down because we left our credit card on the table). The pasta is made and cooked to rival the best Italian in the city and we enjoy the well known over-sized Chicken Parmesan. We find ourselves making our next reservation the moment our meal is over because it leaves us incredibly satisfied and wanting to replicate the perfect night.Special Features:
- Can't Wait to go back!!!SharonODined on 10/12/2014We loved Quality Italian. The food was outstanding, steaks were excellent but our favorite was the chicken parm. Would order it again. Staff was very professional and we loved the tableside steak sauce. Desserts were homemade and impressive.Special Features:
- Great ServiceKristieVIPDined on 10/11/2014After waiting 30 mins past our reservation time we were getting quite angry but the staff made up for it with free drinks and apps, great move and much appreciated. The East Cider drink was sooo good. Our waiter was great, very attentive and fun. Corn brûlée was amazing as was the porterhouse agnolotti. The special truffle pasta was overly salty and not worth the $45 for a small size.
- Food excellent , waiter poorBimmersDined on 10/11/2014The food, ambience and all other staff excluding our waiter wee excellent! Our waiter, however , was the most disengaged , unpleasant man we (all 7 of us) had ever encountered at a restaurant of such caliber. Just an example, when pouring our wine from one of the bottles we had ordered , he gathered all wine glasses from the table in front of him to pour. How rude and lazy! It is a shame we had him for a server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentbigredVIPDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food a bit pricey portions should be shared and server should tell you that. Very noisy so go earlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QUINTESSENTIAL QUALITYgourmetgoddess1VIPDined on 10/10/2014My favorite Italian go to restaurant in the city. Never disappointing, excellent food, service, trendy ! Recommended always to my clienbts, friends and business associates. Great job QI !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the WaitlongtimerVIPDined on 10/9/2014Although my reservation was for 9:00pm, we waited for at least a half hour before we were seated. On a Thursday night, this place was packed. The downstairs bar was over flowing on to the sidewalk and the upstairs bar was packed with people, many waiting for their tables! The service was excellent and everyone on staff was so apologetic about our waitng to be seated. The restaurant comped us on a few side dishes, too! We had the best chicken part for two that we ever have had. We could eat only one half of the meal.We at first thought it was a pizza when it was served on a round tray. We will go back just for this entree! It was that different and that tasty.Special Features:
- A bad meal!AwesomeVIPDined on 10/7/2014The steak was not cooked correctly and had to be sent back twice. It was then dried out and was awful. They did not take it off the bill. The pasta special wasn't good either. We had a really bad meal. The manager was nice and gave us free desert. The waiter was helpful but couldn't help us on bill and manager made no effort to take the meal off the bill. Quality Meats is great but it sure did not transfer around the corner. This was a very bad experience and we will not be back.
- DissapointingPlumPuddingDined on 10/6/20143 of us had the Branzino. Not very tasty, and over cooked. The table side prep of the cannoli was a nice touch and all the service was good, but I would not order this desert again either. It was PACKED! Too noisy and overall I would not order anything I ordered again. For an appetizer I ordered the fusilli with eggplant. Again, not something I would order again. With so many awesome restaurants in NYC, I felt bad I picked a so-so one for my last night in the city on this business trip. What a BIG place it is.
- Corn Creme Brulee?!?! AwesomeCILISIVIPDined on 10/6/2014We made great choices from a very well done menu (which is good because our waiter was not the most knowledgeable). Loved the setting and décor scheme but 10% more lighting would have been perfect. The gent who served the cannolis from the cart (cannoli cart - yes!) was so nice and knew exactly what he was doing so perfect ending to a really good time.Special Features:
- I'll be back!BobbyjiVIPDined on 10/6/2014I was here before and I'll be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGinaVIPDined on 10/4/2014Quality Italian meant to us that we would get fabulous pasta dishes or fish. Instead, pasta is only on the menu as an appetizer (small) and they push the meat! We ordered chicken parm...OMG, awful. It was pressed chicken (think nuggets) made into shape of pizza (novel idea). We took one bite and we're done. They need to redo this place as I saw many other tables with the same horrible dish and barely eaten.Special Features:
- WowPippiVIPDined on 10/3/2014Our first time at Quality Italian. We were impressed and had a wonderful meal. Will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014Great place to take friends or parents or out-of-town guests. Uniquely New York with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/1/2014OYSTERS WERE WONDERFUL SUGGESTED WINE WAS PERFECT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Quality, Not ItalianLittlePistachioDined on 10/1/2014Was really looking forward to dining here but unfortunately the food did not meet our expectations. We ordered the Veal Chop and the Dover Sole with sides of broccoli rabe and corn cream brulee. Everything was a bit bland. The dinner we made the night before from Plated was better. Really wanted to love this place.
- Great findBlondVIPDined on 9/30/2014We will definitely return to Quality Italian. The food was spectacular, as was the service. I would rate this restaurant as one of my top five ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who'd have guessed?JimDandyVIPDined on 9/28/2014Friends from out of town had eaten here the last time they were in NYC and raved about it, but I had forgotten. So they were back in NYC this past weekend and we all went. What a vast improvement over the former tenant in this space: Staples! This is a huge enterprise, but the food was excellent and flavorful. The place was packed, even on a Sunday night. Service was exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will never dine here again.Bobo3Dined on 9/27/2014Service was extremely poor. The food was lacking. Ambience was blah.
- m&mOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014the chicken parm pizza was out of this world. It is a must have. Food was superb.Special Features:
- MumaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Fabulous evening with the perfect formula: Delicious Cuisine, friendly service and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014best "chicken Pizza"! great meats and it is better to go with more than 3 people!Special Features:
- Fun Girls Night Pre-TheaterLKlipDined on 9/24/2014We were seeing Cabaret and met for dinner at Quality Italian as I had heard great things about it. Vibe was great and the food was very tasty! The chicken parm pie was delicious as was the spaghetti squash side dish! I only wish we were able to have dessert but we ran out of time. Service was great ! Will go back soon!Special Features:
- no complaintsnmwturtleDined on 9/20/2014The experience at Quality Italian was outstanding!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperiencemiltonbVIPDined on 9/19/2014Went to Quality Italian with some reservations but it turned out to be a great experience. I was there for Wine Week with two friends. We ordered burgers, creamed corn brulee, sauteed spinach and pasta with a veal ragu. Burgers were a bit too salty and cooked medium even though ordered medium rare. Everything else was delicious, especially the pasta, although the pasta serving was too small for $29. Deserts were chocolate olive oil cake and ricotta ice cream. Both were pretty bad. So I would definitely go again. The reason is that the service from the maitre'd to the waiter and bus people was absolutely one of the best experiences I've ever had. And to me service is almost as important as food.Special Features:
- HMLMDDined on 9/18/2014Quality Italian was the noisiest restaurant I have ever been in. I could not even hear my wife on the other side of the table. The staek was very good but the service was slow and spotty. There are much better choices for this expensive price range in NYC.
- Wine Week DelightBooFamilyDined on 9/16/2014Great way to participate in Wine Week. Location, staff, food, wine and atmosphere is excellent. Recommend anyone who has not tried the Quality Italian Steakhouse to put it on their to do list....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.