Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant
3303 Boucherie Rd
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2H3Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.quailsgate.com/
- Phone: 8004209463x252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Wine Bar Menu: Daily: 11:30am - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Roger Sleiman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Stewart Family Proprietors' Dining Room is adjacent to our Wine Tasting Room and offers seating for up to 32 guests. This technically equipped facility is an exceptional venue for private, corporate, or family events as well as wine-related tours. The window surrounded dining room provides a spectacular view of the vineyard and Lake Okanagan. Guests can enjoy the late day breeze of Okanagan Lake from the terrace balcony off the private dining room. Our Quails' Gate wines, hand-crafted by Grant Stanley, are available along with a choice of group menu options which reflect the fresh regional cuisine of our Executive Chef, Roger Sleiman.
- Private Party Contact: Stella Brown 2507694451x221
- Special Events: There's always something happening at Old Vines Restaurant. Throughout the year we host numerous wine and culinary celebrations, for more information please visit www.quailsgate.com
- Cross Street: Sunnyside
- Public Transit: Quails' Gate is accessible by Public Transit. Kelowna Regional Public Transit System Route 20/21 Westside drops visitors at our winery door. Buses are equipped with bike racks. See bctransit.com/regions/kel for routing details.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: On-site parking is available for over 100 vehicles. Handicap parking and wheelchair accessible ramps are available at the entrances of both Old Vines Restaurant and the Stewart Family Proprietors' Dining Room.
A word from Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant
Old Vines Restaurant is a meeting place of fresh local ingredients. Our selection of dishes enhance the light, fresh and fruitful, rich style of Quails' Gate wines. Our menu is constantly evolving as a reflection of our focus to serve the best and freshest the valley's local artisans and west coast markets can provide. We are dedicated to providing you with a beautiful setting and the ultimate food and wine experience in the Okanagan Valley. The Province (January 2007) Best places to un-wine. "Its fairytale pretty indoor/outdoor dining room among the vineyards is aptly named Old Vines Patio. Dinner here as the sun sets over the lake is a treat for the eyes and the palate." The New York Times (October 2006) - "Beyond our tables, the panorama of the lakefront, watercraft wake lines and row upon row of grapevines, with mountains in the distance, was mesmerizing." Wine Spectator (July 2004)- "One of the four best places to dine in the Okanagan."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kelowna ›
Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
300 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (267)great for outdoor dining (246)special occasion (220)romantic (204)notable wine list (187)fit for foodies (176)great for lunch (141)great for brunch (68)good for groups (65)neighborhood gem (62)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)Show More
- great food with fantastic viewsDanikaVIPDined on 9/1/2014this is the second time we went to this restaurant. I totally recommend this place. They have great views of the vineyard and Okanagan lake. The food is really good; we had the pesto linguine and goat cheese souffle.Special Features:
- Excellent all round meal and viewbenjaminDined on 8/31/2014Exquisite food, amazing views and great service, my fiancee and I had a great time sampling the wines and trying some interesting dishes. Will return, probably with the family next time!Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Went for brunch and the food was amazing an the view was breathtaking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014One of the best restaurants I have ever been to. Everything we ordered was to die for. I'm definitely coming back the next time I visit Kelowna. Quail's Gate never fails to impress!Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I were at Quails Gate for lunch recently and were very impressed, both with the restaurant setting and the quality of the food. It is the best winery restaurant we have been to in the Valley and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner For FourWonndattDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful setting, good service, good food... With one exception. The steak was subpar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining ExperiencemaggylilDined on 8/28/2014We attempted to have dinner at Quails' Gate Winery last summer, but unfortunately, we didn't make reservations, and were not able to dine. This year, before leaving Calgary, I made reservations ahead of our arrival and were able to dine. It was fabulous. What a wonderful venue for a special occasion. We will definitely return!!Special Features:
- SpectacularfaihaiDined on 8/28/2014Will return the next time in I'm in town. Food was amazing and the view was breathtaking. Not cheap, but it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent wine country ambianceRwalker130VIPDined on 8/26/2014Great food and good service. The ambiance was perfect for a night out without the kids. Wines are great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodfil1l22Dined on 8/26/2014One of the finest meals i have had. Wonderful location tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinneranniversaryDined on 8/26/2014I made mention it was our friend's 40th wedding anniversary, but that fact was never even acknowledged. The server was not very friendly we felt that she was being put out anytime we asked a question. The food was good albeit a bit expensive for what you got.Special Features:
- SkippyDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding service, meal and ambience..a night to remember..would come back every time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just like we rememberedPhreddy25Dined on 8/22/2014Great dinner, great view. First time back in 3 years and it was as good as ever. Won't wait that long for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunch spotDiningdeluxeDined on 8/22/2014I have eaten lunch here before and again was not disappointed! Flavorful dishes and excellent service complimented by wonderful scenery.Special Features:
- Service was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Best service I've ever had. We hadn't noticed but I guess our lunch was taking too long to come out, the manager made a point of coming out to apologized, he topped of our wine and also brought us an appetizer free of charge. The food was phenomenal! I ordered the pesto pasta dish which was awesome, however I was very jealous of my boyfriend's duck dish.. It was just delicious!!Special Features:
- Superb!!!NortherngreekDined on 8/21/2014Words can't describe how amazing this restaurant was. It was the third winery restaurant we visited on this trip. Best so far. Excellent wines, food and service. We were 4 guys and ordered different items, no disappointments. Looking forward to our next visit...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!!Pink342Dined on 8/21/2014We had a great experience there...from the food to the ambiance.Special Features:
- Special Lunch at Old VinesMizmanDined on 8/21/2014We chose Old Vines Restaurant, Quails' Gate Winery, for our wedding anniversary lunch. We had a table outside that overlooked the vineyard so our views were outstanding. From start to finish, our experience was simply wonderful. Service was attentive, but not intrusive and our server had a good sense of humour. Our lunch was outstanding! Simple ingredients full of flavour made every forkful a moment to savour. We went with suggested wine pairings for each course, which complemented our food perfectly. Out lunch was a highlight of our vacation. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Best in Okanagan Wine CountrytallulahDined on 8/21/2014Old Vines Restaurant is the perfect spot to enjoy a meal while touring the Okanagan Wine Country. The views are without compare, the staff is attentive without being intrusive and the food is exceptional. The winery itself is one of the prettiest on the wine touring route and the wines are my personal favourites, particularly the red wines. We live about a 2 hour drive from this restaurant/winery and when ever we have guests from out of town this is definite destination! We also come here several times a year for special occasion dining such as birthdays. I think overall, it is the best restaurant in the entire region. I highly recommend trying Old Vines.Special Features:
- ServiceClose2meDined on 8/21/2014We had an excellent waitress who was knowledgeable and very pleasant. She provided great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Had a great lunch here. The food was good and the location fantastic. Great views of Lake Okanagan and neighboring vineyards. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- PizzamrtDined on 8/20/2014Outstanding view of the wine orchard and lake. Service and food extremely wonderful. To the overall team at Quail's Gate Winery you should be proud of your customer service! Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014When you want to be guaranteed a perfect evening for a special event this is the place. Smaller portions allow you to have more courses & every single one will delight your taste buds!Special Features:
- Disappointedmoving2kelownaDined on 8/19/2014We waited 10 minutes for the 2 glasses of wine we ordered to be delivered. My husband ordered the goat cheese soufflé which was about 2 inches round and flat and could be consumed in 4 bites. Not what we expected for the $20 price. Also what was listed on the menu as a beet salad accompaniment was approximately 1 tablespoon. Again, not what was expected. The last disappointment was while the restaurant provides bread with your meal at dinner, if you want to have bread with your lunch you have to pay for it.Special Features:
- ClassyGypsygirlDined on 8/19/2014I have dined at Quail's Gate on many occasions and it has never disappointed. The food is outstanding and the service is top notch. They offer a wine list with other wines, but you will never go wrong by choosing a Quail's Gate wine to go with your meal! Their suggested food pairings with the wines are always spot-on. It is on the pricy side, but you get what you pay for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularABCamDined on 8/18/2014Old Vines is an amazing place with all three area's being hit "out-of-the-park"!! Food, wine and scenery - all fantastic!! the pricing seems a little high at first, but this place is more of an investment in your well being than just a place to eat. Feeds the soul!!!Special Features:
- Food disappointingPhenVIPDined on 8/17/2014What's happened to portion sizes at the restaurant? The zuccini flowers were enormous and very sloppily plated and the risotto was bland. Food is normally excellent but sadly not this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencefoodloverDined on 8/17/2014Amazing view thought the emerald-green vineyard on to the Okanagan lake with the blue mounting background with sunset. The fusion of relax, yet very elegant feel, wonderful ambience, good wine and excellent food! Attentive but unobtrusive service and unquestionable wine pairing.Special Features:
- Incredible experience!michela84Dined on 8/14/2014It was an incredible experience! The dinner was perfect, food amazing (in particular the beef, one of the best tenderloin we eat), service very precise and a great ambience with view in the vineyard. I strongly recommend!Special Features:
- A lovely leisurely lunch spot.MomMDDined on 8/14/2014Our lunch on the patio was wonderful and the view just lovely. The food was very unique and very fresh, and the suggested wine pairing was excellent. We felt welcome to linger over our coffee. This is the restaurant to go to if you want a leisurely relaxed lunch, away from the crowds and hustle-bustle of downtown Kelowna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nurse63Dined on 8/13/2014Great service & food but quite expensive...having said that we would certainly go again.Special Features:
- Disappointingwinston2Dined on 8/13/2014We wanted to dine at the Old Vines 2 years ago but the restaurant was full; 3 different sets of friends raved about their respective visits in the past so we were really looking forward to a special lunch. Our friends did enjoy the Crab Cakes but my husband's flat iron steak was "tough as nails" and my soufflé was bland and the rice was hard and unappetizing. Our server did not engage with us - all around the servers appeared to interact and enjoy serving the customers; she did not easily make eye contact - gave the impression she was not in the same room. I have worked for 3 major hotel companies and was surprised to see a server with little personality; she could have made up for the food not being as tasty as expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningExcellentDined on 8/12/2014Nothing to fault. Food, wine and views were superb. It was a glorious evening and I can't wait to return next time. The service was also great at just the right level of customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealLarry333Dined on 8/12/2014Our meal was superb. Salad was tasteful, steak was cooked to perfection, and dessert was an innovative assortment of after dinner treats. Thanks for making a special occasion so memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A piece of heavenFuninthesunDined on 8/12/2014We had an amazing lunch. The staff was great. We wanted to sit outside as I found the inside too noisy. We only had to wait 15 min extra for our special request. We weren't rushed to eat our lunch. ... We were there for 2-1/2 hours - tried almost everything on the lunch menu .. No complaints. We even had desert which was delicious - budino!!! Never heard of it before ... Now it is my favourite next to crime brûlée !!Special Features:
- Beautiful place, beautiful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Managed to get a reservation whilst passing through the area visiting wineries and was so glad we did. A beautiful setting overlooking the vineyards with impeccable service. The food was outstanding especially the rhubarb and white chocolate desert with sweet pea ice cream and mint. Wines were matched well to dishes as would be expected making a thoroughly enjoyable evening. A must if in the areaSpecial Features:
- Always a TreatDragonMaDined on 8/11/2014Our 3rd lunch as we pass through Kelowna from Vancouver - We reserved days ahead on line and geared our travel to get there for lunch (always busy so reservations a must if you don' t want a wait) Good food, good service, but it is not cheap. Worth it though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Great dining experience, wonderful wine list, excellent service and great food selection. and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room with a viewwjwayneDined on 8/10/2014We went for lunch for four on a hot August day, and were seated outside, in shade, and had a wonderful time in this beautiful setting. We shared two tasty appetizers - a tasty beet salad with labneh cheese and kale, and the charcutarie board. We chose our mains with care - ling cod, flatiron steak and a cleverly produced goat cheese souffle, and sipped a very fine 2009 Pinot Noir We shared two desserts, a raspberry eclair and a salted caramel budino, both worthy choices. If there was room for improvement it would be the coffee (average, and not up to par with everything else). On an afternoon of wonderful company in an idyllic setting with locally sourced food, served attentively, our trip to Quail's Gate made for a happy memory.Special Features:
- L'ambiance Parfaite!ParfaiteDined on 8/9/2014The perfect ambience for a romantic and special occasion. Peaceful, great food, even better wine. We were fortunate to be sitting on the patio (definitely request it in your booking) and were enjoying the most wonderful view in the warm but comfortable breeze during sunset. I requested a special spot to celebrate a birthday and a candle with dessert. Although this was all without calling the actual restaurant all my requests were remembered. Thank you Quails Gate for a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.