Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant
3303 Boucherie Rd
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2H3Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.quailsgate.com/
- Phone: 8004209463x252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Wine Bar Menu: Daily: 11:30am - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Roger Sleiman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Stewart Family Proprietors' Dining Room is adjacent to our Wine Tasting Room and offers seating for up to 32 guests. This technically equipped facility is an exceptional venue for private, corporate, or family events as well as wine-related tours. The window surrounded dining room provides a spectacular view of the vineyard and Lake Okanagan. Guests can enjoy the late day breeze of Okanagan Lake from the terrace balcony off the private dining room. Our Quails' Gate wines, hand-crafted by Grant Stanley, are available along with a choice of group menu options which reflect the fresh regional cuisine of our Executive Chef, Roger Sleiman.
- Private Party Contact: Stella Brown 2507694451x221
- Special Events: There's always something happening at Old Vines Restaurant. Throughout the year we host numerous wine and culinary celebrations, for more information please visit www.quailsgate.com
- Cross Street: Sunnyside
- Public Transit: Quails' Gate is accessible by Public Transit. Kelowna Regional Public Transit System Route 20/21 Westside drops visitors at our winery door. Buses are equipped with bike racks. See bctransit.com/regions/kel for routing details.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: On-site parking is available for over 100 vehicles. Handicap parking and wheelchair accessible ramps are available at the entrances of both Old Vines Restaurant and the Stewart Family Proprietors' Dining Room.
A word from Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant
Old Vines Restaurant is a meeting place of fresh local ingredients. Our selection of dishes enhance the light, fresh and fruitful, rich style of Quails' Gate wines. Our menu is constantly evolving as a reflection of our focus to serve the best and freshest the valley's local artisans and west coast markets can provide. We are dedicated to providing you with a beautiful setting and the ultimate food and wine experience in the Okanagan Valley. The Province (January 2007) Best places to un-wine. "Its fairytale pretty indoor/outdoor dining room among the vineyards is aptly named Old Vines Patio. Dinner here as the sun sets over the lake is a treat for the eyes and the palate." The New York Times (October 2006) - "Beyond our tables, the panorama of the lakefront, watercraft wake lines and row upon row of grapevines, with mountains in the distance, was mesmerizing." Wine Spectator (July 2004)- "One of the four best places to dine in the Okanagan."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kelowna ›
Quails' Gate Estate Winery - Old Vines Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
314 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (267)great for outdoor dining (241)special occasion (230)romantic (207)fit for foodies (187)notable wine list (179)great for lunch (134)neighborhood gem (68)good for groups (62)great for brunch (59)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- StellarPriusDined on 10/17/2014Awesome food, nice price, too bad it's so far from homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I was visiting Kelowna and we were not able to secure a reservation on the weekend so came for dinner mid week. It was a dinner with friends. It was a quieter evening at the restaurant and given the time of year we couldn't see the view but the ambience, service, food and experience was great. Their wine list compromises those of Quail's Gate Winery but as this is one of my favorite wineries I was pleased (my friends didn't drink wine but other beverages are available). The next time we are in the area for a weekend we will definitely plan ahead and book a reservation early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice touchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The hostess asked if we had dined there before and I mentioned that we were booked for the Chef's Dinner during wine fest. This was for our daughter's birthday. However, the restaurant moved the dinner to the next night so we cancelled as we wanted a birthday dinner. When we sat down, we were given a glass of rose as an apology for our inconvenience. Great teamwork. The evening just got better. This is my favourite restaurant in Kelowna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidoDined on 10/15/2014A totally enjoyable experience. The food was excellent, the wine was well-paired, and the service was exceptional. I highly recommend it. On the subject of service, I dropped my salad fork, and while I was waiting for our server to come around so I could ask for another fork, our bus person arrived with a clean salad fork and dinner fork, my choice. He said "I heard it fall". Was I impressed? I was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is goodInsNisSinDined on 10/12/2014Our waitress was great. She explain each dish and the wine. However, when the manager just put the wine on table and walk away without say anything. I think this can be so better. Every dish was an art! Not much to complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to visitVisitor25Dined on 10/12/2014The place is nice and the food is just fantastic. It's a bit pricy but worth every dollar. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vinetourDined on 10/7/2014A beautiful venue with outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with six girlfriends perfect!tlm65Dined on 10/7/2014a perfect ending to our girls weekend...just a beautiful location with gorgeous views of vineyards down thru to Lake Okanagan. No complaints from anyone in our group - food was all outstanding. My personal favourites were the crab cakes and truffle fries! We capped lunch with a stroll over to the tasting room where we sampled a few wines and picked up a few bottles for home.Special Features:
- Memorable DinnerLOTravelersDined on 10/5/2014Visiting Canada from Portland, Oregon, we were impressed with the winery and very happy with our salmon dinner. The salmon was prepared perfectly and not overcooked. The sauce was silky and not too rich and a good accompaniment to the fish and vegetables. The quality of butter was apparent in both the entree and the bread. We also love the concept of wineries having eating establishments onsite. The warm autumn evening, beautiful views and great food made for a perfect ending to our stay in wine country!Special Features:
- Close to perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed the first day of the wine festival with Old Vines' Fall Harvest Dinner Series. We both had the yellow beet soup & it was delicious however it could have been hotter as we prefer our soup served piping hot. My wife's salad & my bison tartare were both excellent & very tasty. We both had the lamb sirloin entrée & while it was served perfectly & cooked to perfection (for each of our likings) the meat was a just little chewy & we would not order it again (first time I can say that at for an entrée here). The desert was phenomenal which was a real treat as we don't normally have desert. All the courses were perfectly wine paired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantJimBDined on 10/1/2014Quails Gate Old Vines Restaurant is one of our favourites when we travel thru the Okanagan. The menu is not large however the quality and presentation of every item is absolutely superb!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014Liked being able to have a wine flight with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We very much enjoyed our meal here. Came with family from Britian. Have been previously with my mom and she loves it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenVIPDined on 9/28/2014Absolutely wonderful brunch on Sunday. We had a last minute booking (very unusual as Quails is ALWAYS full) and we delighted. The food was outstanding and our server Caroline was just the best. We love Quails and as serious foodies, consider it to be one of the top restaurants in BC at the moment.Special Features:
- Must visit - great foodJj2014Dined on 9/27/2014Like everything about the restaurant. Extremely fresh oysters. Ordered 5 rounds of oysters. Other than the steak was little overcooked all other dishes were great. Nice and classy decor and great view. Would definately come back and recommend others to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breath taking viewKg78Dined on 9/27/2014Great service and great food. Their Parmesan truffle fries are fantastic and their chicken option for lunch was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, outstanding staff!GrooveGardenDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed celebrating our 20th anniversary and the staff of Old Vines went out of their way to accommodate a special request I had - the entire crew made us feel very special and the experience will not soon be forgotten. The meal was fantastic, portion sizes perfect. One of us is vegan and was able to very easily enjoy a plate of food that was not the usual "salad" or "veggie burger". The entire experience was wonderful and we couldn't have chosen a better restaurant in the Okanagan!Special Features:
- Culinary DelightDelectableDined on 9/24/2014Culinary delight, serene setting, professional and friendly service. Old Vines is a gem! We will definitely return on our next trip to Kelowna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4RelxingDined on 9/22/2014Your restaurant was recommended by our friend who lives in Summerland! We are from PEI and wanted a nice place to celebrate our friends 35 th Wedding Anniversary! Your place was just awesome !! Meal and service was second to none!!! Would definitely recommend it !! Wish we lived closer!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The setting is amazing and the wine fantastic! I was a little disappointed with the food and although I've been here many times this was the only time the food disappointed and the service was pretentious. I hope the food goes back to its previous level and the servers get a little happier and not so uptight.Special Features:
- Spectacular views great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Fantastic plating, balanced flavors, nice ambiance, and a great view of the Okanogan Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 9/19/2014The appetizer was wanting in quantity and taste (cucumber and fennel soup). The main dish was very good as was the desert. As for value, not so much. For what we got, I thought it to be expensive if not for the exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionMAP1Dined on 9/16/2014As always, a perfect setting and a perfect dinner. YHXSpecial Features:
- Good experienceWino99Dined on 9/15/2014Decent food, very good service, nice setting. Overall, a four star restaurant by international standardsSpecial Features:
- HopefulconnoisseurofbeefDined on 9/13/20141 of 4 meals was disappointing. Allergy accommodation was very satisfactory, but choice of meal didn't meet the price charged. Allergy restricted the choices, which was $46 10 oz. ribeye cooked rarer than medium rare which should have helped the very dry beef. Budino pudding was curdly. Chose this restaurant because it was highly recommended. Not sure if I would return. Outdoor music tad loud for the dining experience in the dining room, even though it probably met the expectations of those attending the 50th Anniversary celebrations. Booked the reservation 2 months prior, and could only get the earliest one for 8:30 pm. Lots of tables available when we arrived at 8:00 pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We had an outstanding experience at the Quail's Gate Restaurant. We requested a table on the patio--the view is breathtaking and the environment comfortable and relaxing. The quality of food was great, presentation was great, service was great!! For a high quality restaurant the portion sizes were of significant size--love it!!Special Features:
- Quails Gait Doesn't DisappointDiningAgentDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed a wonderful evening from start to finish! Food selections, preparation and wine pairings were spot on. Our server was knowledgable and professional with a hint of friendliness...as it should be. The setting and ambience offered not only nature's magnificent views but was complimented by Quail Gait's décor. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014We really enjoyed our time and meal at the restaurant and found the food and service to be spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scallopsoversixfootDined on 9/2/2014I found them a bit under cooked,i would preffer them more,on the whiter sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch experience !LuvgoodfoodDined on 9/2/2014The food and wine were very good ..and the view was excellent. A nice lunch for a special occasion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pandrnonfoodiesDined on 9/2/2014We always enjoy coming to the Old Vines Restaurant when in Kelowna. The food and service are always wonderful. I didn't recommend it as Fit for Foodies because my husband and I aren't foodies but, if foodies don't think the food is excellent, then they don't know what they're talking about. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Great flavours, service okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Food is always delicious - many mouthwatering combinations... Perfect balance of taste and portion size to leave you with a sense of satisfaction. Service for brunch did lack experience, and for the quality of dining required a more appropriate response for the maple tree seed that was presented hiding in a plate of mixed greens other than "oh that's interesting" vs a proper apology on behalf of the kitchen and staff. Food flavours are never a disappointment, but please do make sure quality is consistent and staff is properly versed in how to deal with unexpected errors. Side note to diners - excessively strong perfume does not belong in such an environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food with fantastic viewsDanikaVIPDined on 9/1/2014this is the second time we went to this restaurant. I totally recommend this place. They have great views of the vineyard and Okanagan lake. The food is really good; we had the pesto linguine and goat cheese souffle.Special Features:
- Excellent all round meal and viewbenjaminDined on 8/31/2014Exquisite food, amazing views and great service, my fiancee and I had a great time sampling the wines and trying some interesting dishes. Will return, probably with the family next time!Special Features:
- Great brunchJordDined on 8/31/2014Went for brunch and the food was amazing an the view was breathtaking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingstephhoangDined on 8/31/2014One of the best restaurants I have ever been to. Everything we ordered was to die for. I'm definitely coming back the next time I visit Kelowna. Quail's Gate never fails to impress!Special Features:
- Great Food!CulinaryTouristsDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I were at Quails Gate for lunch recently and were very impressed, both with the restaurant setting and the quality of the food. It is the best winery restaurant we have been to in the Valley and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner For FourWonndattDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful setting, good service, good food... With one exception. The steak was subpar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining ExperiencemaggylilDined on 8/28/2014We attempted to have dinner at Quails' Gate Winery last summer, but unfortunately, we didn't make reservations, and were not able to dine. This year, before leaving Calgary, I made reservations ahead of our arrival and were able to dine. It was fabulous. What a wonderful venue for a special occasion. We will definitely return!!Special Features:
- SpectacularfaihaiDined on 8/28/2014Will return the next time in I'm in town. Food was amazing and the view was breathtaking. Not cheap, but it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.