Q Kitchen|Bar - Hyatt Regency
123 Losoya St
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Q Kitchen|Bar - Hyatt Regency
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.qriverwalk.com/
- Phone: 2105104477x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Operational Hours: 6:30am - 12am
Breakfast a la Cart: Daily: 6:30am-11:30am
Lunch a la Cart: Daily: 11:30am -2:00pm
All Day Dining & Bar Service Daily: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Russell Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Q Kitchen|Bar - Hyatt Regency
We are on a journey to deliver food and beverage options that are both healthful and satisfying by using natural, sustainable sources. We offer selections that are created with fresh local ingredients that reflect the seasons and have been thoughtfully sourced from our communities. Our menus are carefully prepared and served, always striving to honor our guests' individual preferences. We have taken many steps on this journey and are committed to taking more. Our guests, our communities and our planet deserve it. Q Kitchen|Bar highlights over 50 domestic/international types of whiskey, over 62 local beers and menu representing a relaxed, contemporary bar fare fueled by local inspiration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Q Kitchen|Bar - Hyatt Regency reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance2.6Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- drg99Dined on 8/29/2014Great flavors but learned the restaurant is closing its doors for dinner after Labor Day-only available now for breakfast and lunch. Too bad-it was a great alternative to the typical Riverwalk restaurant.Special Features:
- needs helpOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Had a group of 7 only 3 menus in restaurant. No others in the establishment when we arrived. Kitchen not active. Very dissapointing.
- Gourmet BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I wanted to try a goodbye as BBQ, and I found this jewel!! Woundeful taste BBQ with real gourmet taste and appareance, the beans as the underbelly meats were just fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill with a bulletGoodEaterDined on 7/3/2014The menu has been reduced to the basics and what remains is bland, tough and on par with a low-budget buffet. The only redeeming dish was the crab cake, recommended by the server, which delivered large lumps of crab and a nice sear. When a San Antonio restaurant can't put any heat into the queso, you know you're in trouble. Sad. No wonder it was empty. Please reboot this kitchen!
- disappointmentoperajunkieVIPDined on 6/24/2014everything about this place is deceptive: first the name... no it's not on the riverwalk, it's tucked away in the hotel lobby with the only windows overlooking a rather dismal section of Losoya St. (our waitress suggested that Hyatt was considering changing the restaurant name. really?). there is no "open kitchen" (as implied by it's Zagat description), in fact we doubted that there was even a chef on duty... the (Sisco?) ribs appeared to be taken straight out of a plastic bag and reheated in a microwave by a bellhop moonlighting in the kitchen. the entire time we were there only two other couples dared enter the dining room... a sure sign of restaurant death. we should have gone elsewhere... it was terrible!
- 1 flaw from excellent.AsiaticblackmanDined on 6/19/2014Everything was excellent accept the service. My waitress seemed to find her way to every table accept mine until I pressed the issue further w/ the greeter and management. The food and ambience were superb. Overall the experience was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBillDined on 5/31/2014Had a fantastic meal at Q on Saturday May 31. Got the underbelly platter. More than enough food and soooo very tasty and tender. The chef came over before dinner, during dinner and after. She was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experiencePittbullVIPDined on 5/24/2014This should not be called resturant .... They reheat the food in a microwave .... Food is terrible as well as the service.
- Very disappointinggjtravelsVIPDined on 5/10/2014Being housed in the Hyatt Regency, you would think the restaurant would strive to be an excellent place to eat. On the contrary, the food was actually some of the worst we had in San Antonio. Very low quality and what appeared to be warmed over ribs was not what we expected.
- Easter Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014My wife and I took her Mom here for lunch after looking at a variety of restaurants. this one had great reviews and looked good and it was right downtown which is what we were looking for. The brunch was delicious! Great assortment of food from the Prime Rib, to Ham to the fresh shrimp, oysters and mussels. The BBQ Bison was very good. Was not disappointed. This was a brunch that had it all but was not so overwhelming by too many choices. The food was very fresh and replenished often. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great location & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014There was a miscommunication with our booking, but the management was fantastic about rectifying the situation. The buffet selection was broad and the dessert table items were delicious!Special Features:
- Hidden treasureo on the RiverwalkCowboysFanDined on 3/28/2014For reasons unknown, this amazing restaurant is never busy yet the food is amazing, the service impeccable, and ambiance great and the prices reasonable. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great Vacation FindPickyVIPDined on 3/20/2014Got into town and found Q on Open Table. Called first to get location and the Hostess was helpful and friendly. I have alot of food restrictions and we were starving to boot. Our waiter went out of his way to find out what was in the food and to accomodate us. For a Hotel restauraunt it was pretty empty. Good menu, the margs were great and it was a great find. You can see the river walk from some seats. We will go back if we're in town again. The food would have been outstanding but my fingerlings and veggies were drowing in butter. So much so that I could not eat much of it. Chips were wonderful, not the usual commercial kind. Good job to the staff!Special Features:
- No complaintsNeutVIPDined on 2/20/2014Nice ambiance. Excellent waiter, Patric (Chase showed up to introduce him). The menu is a typical sea food list. The "seafood trash" hors d'oeuvre was tasty but SALTY. All else great... the Louisiana oysters are cheap and delicious. Our one concern... Patric asked us if we really wanted the horseradish with the oysters since he would have to run to the place next door to get it. Really? We sent him to fetch some (figured it would pay off for the next 100 people who order oysters in a seafood restaurant). They were delivered with flourish by Chase. Not sure if this is a sign of service or an effort at tip emblishment but would recommend less drama in the future. A really nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful lunchGigiDined on 2/16/2014we ended our special valentines weekend at the Q in the Hyatt regency. considering the food and service at the ORO in the Emily Morgan was horrible the Q was a gem. the service was wonderful, and the food was delicious. i would recommended this restaurant highly, and i plan on returning with friends, and family.Special Features:
- Abysmal ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2014We waited for ten or fifteen minutes for the waiter to come by after we were seated. We asked for a drink menu, and waited another ten or fifteen minutes. I had to get up and flag someone down just to order something. After I complained about the awful service, a manager started waiting on us. But it was quite simply the worst service I've had in a restaurant that I can remember. Certainly not what one would expect for a restaurant in a name-brand hotel.Special Features:
- The restaurant is very hardRicheyVIPDined on 2/15/2014The restaurant is very hard to find, since its actually inside the hotel and not on the River Walk like many others in the city. The food was good for hotel food and the service was good. The portions were reasonable although it was a little pricey. Overall, we'd recommend if you don't want to sit outside or wait in long lines on a busy weekend in downtown San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better food, poor serviceKaybrickDined on 2/15/2014Food was a good offering of well prepared local produced ingredients. But service from waiter, wait staff , and bar was well below the standard. Service was slow, brought wrong wine and entre. Rarely checked on meal, and when something was said, the waiter didn't seem to care.Special Features:
- Love it!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had a great time for valentine day and this is the place for special occasion and the staff is great and overall the food is delicious we would come back again for sure for another special occasion, I'm glad this is the perfect quiet spot without outside noise on the river walk and so happy with my partner enjoyed the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will spend more then 30LuckyLDined on 2/14/2014You will spend more then 30 dollars per person, service was a bit slow, but it was Valentines so that was expected. I did not like the pre fixed dinner menu and since it was my first time there i asked for a regular menu and they said it was available so that was good. good was great. my water was always being refilled which was nice. restuarant is beautiful. overalll it was a great place to bring my wife.Special Features:
- The best huevos rancheros!!Lu0775VIPDined on 2/9/2014We stayed at the Hyatt Riverwalk for three nights. We had breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning. My friend had the buffet which looked very good. I got the Huevos Rancheros both mornings. They were the absolute best huevos rancheros ever. I would definitely recommend the restaurant for brunch. We didn't dine there because we had sponsored dinners every night during our conference stay. Delicious Mexican food in a nice hotel setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experiencedanoDined on 1/25/2014We visited this restaurant on a Saturday with a large group (12 people). When we arrived, we were surprised to find the restaurant empty ... only two small other parties eating. Despite being empty, it took 30 minutes to have any drinks brought to the table. We had to ask several times to have glasses brought for beer. Our water glasses were very rarely filled despite being empty. After two hours with no food brought, I decided to investigate the kitchen. Only three people were working in the very large, very empty kitchen. We finally left without eating due to such poor service and long delay in getting _any_ food at all. It looked like the restaurant may be shutting down. If not, they should be.
- A dull and dreary placeGreekFoodLoverDined on 1/25/2014Saturday eve, S A Riverwalk, Q is empty. No one to greet or seat us although once the lone waiter discovered us, he was very attentive and tried his best to please. Atmosphere -clean, modern but brown, drab, gloomy. No view or music, only a little escaped noise from the bar. My guest was a vegetarian. I DID call ahead to explain and was assured that the chef could come up with something besides watery pasta. Apparently the chef too was depressed - options? Three sides instead of an entree- lettuce topped by a single curled carrot strip, steamed vegetables, overly salted and creamed mashed potatoes. Brown bread dry and stale as prison fare. (I imagine) My brisket, potatoes and vegetables, good but not special. Not bad, but don't bother.
- Christmas Dinnersands625Dined on 12/25/2013We were expecting a full buffet for Christmas dinner. Discovered that you had a choice of entree and the salads and desserts were buffet style. Very good food...both entrees and buffet.Special Features:
- Holiday DownerRubenDined on 12/25/2013Took my family & friends (5) to dinner with TravelZoo voucher & even though I'd noted it down on reservation, was never called to say I could not use it. Was told AFTER we arrived (place was almost empty) with no offer of any accommodation. Partook of excellent wait staff service but food was ordinary (risotto dish overdone) & very ordinary salad bar & dessert offerings--all part of "special Christmas price-fix Dinner. Our sales organization has had many meetings & lunches here & today was not typical. Still have my TravelZoo voucher for hopefully-better future dinner.Special Features:
- Nice until the "Large Group" tipSkeeterDined on 12/25/2013We went to the Q for the Christmas day buffet. Nice variety of generally very good food. A few items were great, a few were just OK. Several enjoyable foods that we had not had before. The price for the meal was OK, but we were charged $44 for a bottle of wine that sells retail for around $11. A "Large Group" tip was added to the bill when there were just 2 of us. Those 2 items on the bill made the overall experience very unpleasant. $148 for that brunch buffet plus wine was outrageous.
- Awesome! We were so pleased!RindaDined on 12/25/2013We had a group of ten. Had a reservation, seated immediately ! Food was outstanding, service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited on Christmas Day whileSantaDined on 12/25/2013Visited on Christmas Day while walking the 'River Walk' and was very impressed with the quality of food provided in a buffet format. Everything you could want and more. Waiter very attentive and knowledgeable regarding San Antonio cuisine.Special Features:
- This was a Holiday BrunchTommyDined on 12/25/2013This was a Holiday Brunch (Christmas). The food and service was outstanding. Prime Rib some of the best I have ever eaten. Wonderful dessert bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving BuffetRookDined on 11/28/2013excellent food and service - have been going here several years now and it hasn't disappointed us yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good, if a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2013I expected a nice dining experience out of Q, and they did not disappoint. The steak was cooked to perfection, the service was good and our waiter was friendly. My only complaints would be the price (I'm a penny pincher, so don't let this deter you) and the beer selection. They are a little lacking in microbrew. Aside from that, the atmosphere was good and the food was prepared very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Q gets and A in my bookCKavlVIPDined on 11/13/2013I was at an industry conference this past week and scheduled a client dinner at Q on the riverwalk... even though this resturant is not on the riverwalk (per se) it was very east to find from the riverwalk. The atmosphere was nice and not too loud. The food was amazing! I come from a BBQ town and Q has some selections that reminded me of home... but with a San Antonio flare. I had the "Q" spiced sirloin.. and it great. They also had a great selection of local beers. I would highly recommend this for a night out with the family or a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverwalk GemSnadyDined on 10/25/2013Q was more than we had hoped. The dinner selections recommended to us by our awesome server, Beth, were spectacular and the wine she suggested was so good that we were glad we chose a bottle to share and not just a glass. We hope that Q knows what an asset they have in Beth. her mix of humor and sincerity at dinner and lunch the next day made our visit to Q and the Riverwalk memorable. Please forward these comments to Q.Special Features:
- very happyneneDined on 10/25/2013Had a very helpful and energetic waitress who was very knowledgable about the menu and friendly. One of the best steaks I have had in years. I have had flavored butters before and seldom cared for it, but the molasses butter was delicious. If they had had that for sale in a tub I would have bought some. My husband and I were having a late celebration for our 40th anniversary and enjoyed our selves very much. Will be looking forward to going back the next time we are in San Antonio Tx . Since they offer a kids meal, will try and comeback when we bring the kids for vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar experience!Cheeks1979Dined on 10/18/2013We absolutely loved this restaurant (party of 4) and would highly recommend. We had the queso and gulf shrimp as an appetizer and both wonderful starters. Our entrees were the brisket (high portion!), salmon (wonderfully cooked) and steak (again, huge portion and wonderfully cooked.) The restaurant name (Q on the Riverwalk) is a bit misleading, so don't expect river views. The ambience was great--soft lighting and noise level was quiet. Service was fantastic (Tina rocks!) and we will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Q is NOT on the RIverwalkForidianDined on 9/14/2013When we arrived at Q at 7:45pm on Saturday there was no one in the restaurant and I mean no one! We walked to the back and found the wait staff sitting around a table in the private dining room. One of them told me they had just stepped out. Next I said I thought Q was on the Riverwalk and had tables facing the Riverwalk. She said no we're in Hyatt on the Riverwalk so that makes us on the Riverwalk. I said I thought that was misleading and she agreed. So if you want to be on the Riverwalk this is not the place for you. That said the food was very good and our waitress was very attentive. As for wine there was no current wine list because the waitress said they were changing it. She assured us, however, that she had it all in her head!Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerKeroppidcDined on 9/6/2013This restaurant provides great BBQ with a modern twist and the service was very friendly. GREAT location on the river walkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date at QMRiverVIPDined on 7/11/2013Food was good. On the other hand, service was very, very poorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as anticipated.disssssapointmentDined on 7/9/2013The dressing on the Caesar Salad was not so good. It did not compliment the salad. The bean dip was excellent. The bread was very good. I enjoyed the Salmon. The ribs were the worst my husband ever had. He sent most of his dinner back to the kitchen. Our mistake was that we did not complain and I regret that now. I had vegetables and macaroni with cheese. My husband had the fingerling potatoes. The side dishes were good as was the desert. The meal was definitely not what we anticipated.Special Features:
- Excellent!Luv2dineDined on 7/6/2013Everything was perfect! I had gulf shrimp as a starter and my sister had Caesar salad and both were great. Then for dinner I had chicken and she had salmon and they really give you big portions! We both got to choose two sides with our dinner, neither of us could finish our dinner and I took home the leftovers which was a whole box! It was a Saturday night and there weren't many people there but the restaurant was very clean and ambience was great. The bar area is very upscale and trendy. Our food was delicious and we bought a bottle of house Pinot which was perfect too. Very good! I can't wait to go back! Everyone was really nice and service was great! Also park at the garage directly across the street, get ticket stamped & 2-3hrs is freeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.