Q Haute Cuisine (formerly La Caille)
100 La Caille Place,
7th Street & 1st Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5E2Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Q Haute Cuisine (formerly La Caille)
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.qhautecuisine.com/
- Phone: 4032625554x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: Private events
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Michele Aurigemma
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, View
- Catering: Q TO GO OFFSITE CATERING from 10 people to 500 people
- Private Party Facilities: Five beautifully appointed private dining rooms. The perfect location for your company party, reception, business luncheon or meetings. Also a beautiful location for weddings, rehearsals and engagement parties. Wireless internet available. We offer audio, video and internet hookups for presentations. Three rooms are adjoined by French glass doors and have a combined capacity of 110 for a sit down dinner or up to 200 for a cocktail reception. The entire restaurant can accommodate 190 seated and 300 reception. Christmas Party Bookings are now being accepted. Christmas menus are available annually in October.
- Private Party Contact: Marcello Belvedere 4032625554x
- Special Events: Calgary Stampede Party Booking July 8-17 Breakfast ` Lunch ` Dinner Inside Saloon and outside Tent. Contact Marcello Belvedere for more information
A word from Q Haute Cuisine (formerly La Caille)
Q Haute Cuisine offers a seasonally inspired singular dining experience based on the freshest local produce. Our goal is to create a place with flavours in movement, where senses are stimulated, and products are as sustainable as possible. Choose between our Natura and Voyage menus, ranging from $99 - $129, not including Sommelier selected wine pairings. With advanced notice, we are able to cater to any dietary aversions. Please allow up to 180 minutes for your dining experience. Daily gourmet express lunch, private rooms and catering services also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Q Haute Cuisine (formerly La Caille) - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Q Haute Cuisine (formerly La Caille) reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (47)fit for foodies (44)scenic view (38)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (17)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Incredible experienceIslander1Dined on 9/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed every course, from the amuse bouche to the final chocolate at dessert. We even got to tour the kitchen. The wine recommendations paired really well with each course. Our favourite courses were the pea sorbet and the beef tenderloin that melted in our mouths. The service was very good and our server set us up for a fun adventure in dining right from the beginning. Each point throughout the meal had story starting with a treat prepared at our table using liquid nitrogen. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience, would return again and will definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnercandutchDined on 8/28/2014This was our first time at Q Haute and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The service was outstanding and the food was unique and delicious. Some reviews say there wasn't enough food but seriously, I'm 200 pounds and consider myself a reasonable eater and I was full when I finished. I highly recommend the wine pairings as the sommelier picked fantastic wines with each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an experienceGraceDined on 8/28/2014I have written a number of reviews about Q Haute, and it's always the same... consistent and never disappoints. If I need a guaranteed 'go-to' place, Q Haute is the restaurant. We attended the Farm2Fork event again this year, and it's nice to support local farmers. Excellent food!Special Features:
- Sets the standard!ricardogourmandDined on 8/25/2014Dining at Q Haute will be a revelation to anyone who has not yet experienced the ultimate in great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love at first biteLoolooDined on 8/22/2014Love this place.. Chef Michele is so creative and the servers are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experience!Dine4FunVIPDined on 8/15/2014Q Haute Cuisine offers the perfect dining experience - every aspect. We love a degustation & the food matched with the pairing of wines is sensational - inventive & challenging the menu is a mix of tantalizing flavors & chemistry, the wines complementing & equally inventive. The service is incomparable - the two Josh's were brilliant attending to every need & demonstrating considerable passion ensuring our culinary experience was perfect. Value wise compared to other restaurants offering a somewhat comparable experience it is very good. The visit to the kitchen is a great touch & caps off the experience. We cannot speak highly enough of Q Haute Cuisine. When in Calgary, splurge a little if you enjoy truly passionate fine dining.Special Features:
- Excellent!Rosie23Dined on 8/15/2014The staff is amazing here and always takes care of your needs. The food is so delicious as well as it's presentation. I recommend going here for a special occasion, corporate event, wedding or a romantic dinner. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Had a delightful evening celebrating our anniversary here. I felt like a had a very unique dining experience with amazing service. The kitchen tour just confirmed how great this restaurant truly is.Special Features:
- Lunch at QHauteLkfoDined on 7/25/2014This was my 2nd time at the restaurant and I loved it. Food was great, the service excellent and the price was fair. We ordered from the express lunch which is very convenient and fast. The only complain is about the dessert, it was great but I found it too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive DinnerBonmooDined on 7/23/2014We recently celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary at Q Haute and was not aware until we arrived that there was a set dinner with a set price. When I made the reservation, I didn't bother to look at the menus as we had been to this restaurant a few times before (for other anniversaries) and had always ordered off of their menu. When the bill came we were very alarmed at the price for what we had. Although it was a special occasion, the amount of food that we got with each course was very small and the price per person seemed a bit extravagant to say the least! Was a little disappointed that I didn't inquire or check into the cost of the preset dinner or that it wasn't explained, had to ask the waiter.Special Features:
- ImpressedessenDined on 7/22/2014Great spot for a ladies' lunch. My friend commented twice on the gorgeous setting and the outstanding view. Food was very good, and in appropriate lunch sizes. Great value for the express lunch options. Looking forward to going back and trying some other options in the Express Lunch selection.Special Features:
- Making dinner an eventdclintDined on 7/21/2014The multi-course wine-paired meal is a great experience! Normally I'd find such a place annoyingly pretentious, but they really pull it off. The servings seem tiny but sum to a reasonable meal. The server descriptions of the complex "artsy" creations are concise and practical. The service is completely flawless - They could be snotty and pretentious, but instead they are friendly and warm, while still being elegantly professional. Food was interesting but could be better. It seemed like we'd eaten a lot of greenery in various forms before we got to some real food. I could do without the "gluten free" silliness. I'd like one good substantial meat course (the few ounces of duck were nice but so little). Wine pairings - delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food ExperienceFoodieRDined on 7/21/2014Had a wonderful experience at this restaurant with my wife and her sister. Food was exquisite. Every plate had a clear vision in addition to being playful and tasty. I definitely enjoyed to kitchen tour at the end. Would definitely come here again if I'm back in Calgary.Special Features:
- Culinary adventure!anonDined on 7/18/2014We had a great experience at this restaurant. We enjoyed being surprised by every course, everything was so beautifully presented and unique. The staff were awesome- friendly, funny, and knowledgable. It is a fine dining restaurant but not snobby or uncomfortable. We enjoyed the kitchen tour as well and a couple other surprises that should be left as surprises! We will go back for special occasions. The location is also great- you can go for a stroll through Princes Island Park before or after your meal. Easy ample parking too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience of my life!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014We didn't know what to expect at Q Haute, other than that it was a 'fancy restaurant'. When we arrived, the host and servers greeted us and explained that the meal would be "whatever the chef felt like making tonight" - which was exactly what we wanted! Every course was art as well as food…and the food was a surprising blend of flavors in every bite. Our servers were very attentive, kept us laughing and explained what every dish was and how it was made. Just before dessert arrived, they offered us a tour of the kitchen and introduced us to the chef - a very cool experience! When we got back to our table, dessert had arrived…and I can definitely get behind any restaurant that serves two courses of dessert, both chocolate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just food: an experienceellistevDined on 7/15/2014Our visit to Q Huate resulted in us consuming the most beautiful food of our lives. Each course of the multi-course chefs menu (with accompanied wine pairings) drew from the previous, with more and more intense flavours and textures. The server explains each dish and wine, explaining how it is made, what to look for, how to eat it, and the reason for pairing the wines with the plates. After the main courses, we were treated to a quick tour of the kitchen which really pushed things over the top. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014Enjoyable lunch with a view from window table; the Peace Bridge and park paths bordering the Bow R. Service relaxed and knowledgeable. Express lunch special - kale salad, salmon patty, lentils was good. Dessert- a refreshing lemon small plate. A bit pricy so I would go back for a special occasion lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BUsiness LunchmeatnvegVIPDined on 7/14/2014A perfect spot for business lunch as there is a good view, good food and a quiet ambiance where you can actually talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceded expectations.NadineDined on 7/5/20141st time in Q Haute - we had out of town guests (foodies) and we all thouroughly enjoyed the experience of Q. Service was excellent - the facility tour before dessert was an added touch indicating pride in the staff and chef. The take away menu was an added touch. Would recommend Q.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the hypewineanddineDined on 7/5/2014I took my wife here for her birthday based on a friend's referral and it was a huge hit! I find food in Calgary is usually not worth the price but was very happy here based on the quality of food and the level of attention and service. Favourites were the edible rocks and buttermilk peas. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The RestaurantLovieDined on 6/30/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the special treatment from the waiters and enjoyed the delicious food!Special Features:
- A dining experienceGenmgr99Dined on 6/28/2014Did not know what to expect as I usually do not visit set menu restaurants, all I can say is you can go out for dinner everywhere but dining here is definitely something different and an experience. It was a 2.5 hr discovery of tastes and I found it quite interesting and my partner loved it. It is not inexpensive but when you think of the prep time they spend to make this experience you will see why. Far from ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in CalgaryMeowowowDined on 6/28/2014It really deserves Michelin stars. One day if I leave Calgary, the only reason I might miss the city must be the restaurant.Special Features:
- Two days in a row!!DalekDined on 6/24/2014I'd forgotten how wonderful Q-Haute lunch express is, and treated myself to two visits in a row. The service is always wonderful and the lunch menu is one of the best kept secrets in downtown. The view makes each visit a relaxing experience, and the staff is always ready to please. For folks with gluten sensitivity, the kitchen accommodates like never before. Instead of telling you which dishes are gluten friendly, there are so many options the service staff point out the few selections that have gluten. I'm tempted to make a third visit but will save for a rainy day. Thanks Q for the view, food, atmosphere, service, selection and overall experience!!Special Features:
- great location for business lunchmeet4lunchDined on 6/20/2014I love the elegant ambient of this place, the great service and the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014I've only had lunch here but the food and service have been great every time.Special Features:
- Unique dining experienceDeeSDined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed the feeling of surprise with every new dish. Josh & the rest of the staff were excellent in keeping us informed & entertained on the origin & genesis of each plate. This is a place where people think outside the box when it comes to food. I'm looking at my pine tree in a completely different way now! The food was the flavourful and we each had our favourites. Thank you for the kitchen tour. We can easily say we've never had a dining experience like this before and will be talking about it for weeks & months to come.Special Features:
- Classy place for occasionCalgaryKateDined on 6/13/2014We had a table beside the fire place looking out over the trees beside the Bow River. Even on a dreary day the space is bright and open with big windows. The service is professional, relaxed and friendly. The $15 express lunch is a great deal for delicious food. A great spot to celebrate a special day, lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- The following 525 reviews are from the Q Haute Cuisine (formerly La Caille) reviews archive.
- Perfect Gem!Luv2eatDined on 5/21/2014This is amazing restaurant complete with great food, great service and a fantastic view of the river! Special care is taken to make each guest feel special and the staff just can't do enough to make you feel important! The express lunch menu is fantastic and the food is wonderful! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunch worth tryingKeAdVIPDined on 5/11/2014We took our parents for Mother's Day brunch. Booked ahead as it can sell out. $43 a person included juice and coffee. The buffet had a nice selection of gourmet items and things we hadn't tried before such as bison tenderloin. There was an omelette station as well as a dessert table and chocolate fondue. We will probably book again next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerdinner4twoDined on 5/9/2014My other half and I went to the Q Haute Cuisine hoping for a GREAT dinning experience and that's EXACTLY what we got. The staff were absolutely amazing, friendly and very knowledgable about their food and drinks menu. I would recommend this restaurant every time and actually have recommended it to several of my friends already. You definitely get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Always the bestGraceDined on 5/9/2014My friends and I always enjoy Q Haute. The food, the service and the overall experience is beyond outstanding. This is one of the best restaurants for food quality and consistency. The presentation is impeccable, the service is stellar, and the food quality and taste is intriguingly delicious. They put unique spins on their dishes, and have a fine grasp of using food tools that take their food to the next level. Between sous vide meats, their reverse griddle and their spherical bubbles of sauces - your mouth is always surprised and pleased with the explosion of flavors. Excellent!! It always keeps us coming back... I'm already looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- AmazingalwayshungryDined on 5/3/2014Every time we go, it is just truly amazing. Never had better service anywhere, better food, or a more special dinner out than at Q HauteSpecial Features:
- exceptional service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We have always found the food and service here to be top quality. Dont even have to look at the menu, whatever they bring out will be fantastic. It isnt a cheap night out but well worth splurging for that special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous !!lovebirdsDined on 4/26/2014We were married at Q Haute Cuisine last April and was very impressed with the food and service so we decided to go back for our 1st anniversary. We were delighted that Marcello remembered us and greeted us with a smile, taking us to our table, explaining the dinner menu and providing us with our drinks. The menu was superb and service outstanding. Our table was at a window near the fireplace and the ambiance was wonderful. The dinner was served over a 2.5 hour period and each course was explained in detail and the food delightful. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to spend a romantic evening together and can appreciate great food.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Simply Amazing! It was a phenomenal 2.5 hours dinning experience! Service was awesome especially Stuart and Josh, I'm so impressed of how knowledgeable they are for every courses they serve us. Food was marvelous and creative! Wine pairing fits perfectly. Thank you chef! We also had a tour of the kitchen before our desserts, which is a very unique experience. I've already recommended to some of my friends. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experiencePeaveyDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I decided to try Q Haute based on a recommendation from a relative who had eaten there. It was everything we had hoped for - excellent food, service and atmosphere. We discovered flavours we had never before tasted and they were paired perfectly with just the right wines. Highest compliments!Special Features:
- Not a great experience.DaveDined on 4/9/2014The menu at this restaurant is defintely geared towards foodies - with no a la carte offerings, and two tasting menus, it's not designed for the picky eater. That said, when asked if there were any allergies or strong prefrences at the table, we specified that one of our party disliked goat cheese, and goat cheese made an appearance in one of the courses anyway (which the server was unapologetic for). The wine list here is only ok, with a fair amount of selection in the upper price range, but not much in the way of more modest offerings (when I selected a wine at a $60 price point, the server told me it was not good and I should try a different one - at a $100 price point). The food itself was inventive, but not particularly well executed.Special Features:
- Q Haute Never Dissappointsstraight2itDined on 3/26/2014I am always so impressed by the service and the excellent food at Q Haute it's a sure win. If you have a business lunch and need a quiet atmosphere with excellent service this one is a winner. It's also perfect for a romantic evening dinner with a special someone you want to impress. The staff are so professional and the kitchen are performing some kind of wizardry to prepare such an amazing combination of flavours executed so flawlessly. Love, love, love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experienceBenediktDined on 3/25/2014The Chef's surprise dinner is an unparalleled food experience. Food is treated as an art form at this restaurant. For me, it was the most interesting meal since eating at L'Atelier de Joel Robichon in Paris. This is easily one of the best restaurants in Calgary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.