Pyramid Restaurant and Bar
1717 Akard Street
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Pyramid Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pyramidrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2147205249x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Armstrong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining in the Chef's Tasting Room for parties of 12 - 22 guests, or enjoy a dinner for up to 50 guests in our private dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Aida Kapetanovich 2147205249x
A word from Pyramid Restaurant and Bar
Located in the heart of Dallas’ Art District, the new Pyramid Restaurant & Bar, encompassing more than seven thousand square feet, resonates with a modern, sleek, contemporary look evoking a stylish vigor and energy. The new décor creates an imaginative and engaging space perfect for sampling Executive Chef Brian Armstrong's exciting new cuisine. Pyramid Restaurant & Bar promises to be the perfect spot for drinks with friends, a meeting with clients over cocktails and appetizers, a pre-performance supper, a special occasion gourmet dining experience or a post theatre celebration of dessert and coffee.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Pyramid Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Pyramid Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (34)fit for foodies (26)romantic (25)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (12)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not a top tier in my bookRedDragonFlyVIPDined on 8/31/2014I've been going through a list of recommended restaurants, Although this is very highly rated I would not put it in that category. They attempted to set us in an area next to the bar, I asked for something quieter they put us in another area that was still pretty loud, when I got up I saw that there was a private large room behind us it was simply empty but ready for service,. We thought the avocado soup tasted like guacamole, reminding frankly off one I just got at Costco in a multi pack although probably better in quality; and the fish was slightly overcooked although a very good recipe. At this level of prices I don't expect the fish to be overcooked
- Pyramid roomcfosterDined on 8/30/2014We found the ambiance quite lovely, a place were you can go and carry on a conversation. The service was outstanding as well.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Me and my sister enjoyed lunch for my birthday at this wonderful restaurant !!! We enjoyed the ambience and the light jazz in the background ! We will dine here again !!!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeeksusieQDined on 8/30/2014From the moment we walked into the lobby and found our way to the restaurant we were enchanted. Wonderful waitstaff, clean, fresh, quiet. The food was amazing. The service was excellent. We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week LunchIslandermom40Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have been to Pyramid before for Christmas Brunch, but we have never been in for lunch. We were going to the Dallas Museum for day so thought we would have lunch first. This was a great choice. The restaurant was quiet and the service was excellent. My husband decided to order off the regular menu. The muffaletta sandwich he had was the best. My pork flat bread was good. The N.Y. Strip was the perfect size and well cooked. The french fires were crisp. The only disappointing thing that we had was the pecan tart for dessert. It was a little dry and tough. We will come again as we enjoyed ourselves and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations! Excellent!RaebotDined on 8/29/2014Service was impeccable. Came with a groupon, which they were aware of, and still treated like royalty. We had the pork belly, which was delectable! The chilled avocado soup was great; the server knew we were sharing the soup and so he brought us each our own bowl and individual garnish - a lovely long flat seeded cracker with edible flowers. I had the ostrich, medium rare, which was cooked perfectly and came with yucca purée, peach coulis, balsamic reduction, and heirloom baby rainbow carrots. Friend had the 12oz striploin w/asparagus & truffle fries. White asparagus was perfect, regular green was slightly undercooked. The steak... Was rare on one end and well on the other end. How did the kitchen manage that? It had been ordered "medium."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceQueensDined on 8/24/2014There was free valet parking at the hotel and the waitresses were all really nice! We came for the DFW restaurant week. The food was delicious and definitely worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableFIFIVIPDined on 8/24/2014From the reception to the food and service, it was a most enjoyable luncheon.Special Features:
- Mother & sonblake7081Dined on 8/21/2014I surprised my mom to a night on the town in the city and I knew The Pyramid was the perfect place to impress her. She was astounded by the setting of the restaurant. It was calm and serene, but then you add the food in the mix and VOILIA! I had the Colorado lamb chops; hands down best dish I've ever had. So juicy. So fresh. My mom had the scallops. With the expression on her face I knew I did good. She loved it, and maybe loved me a little more after the meal...I give it Five stars. Thank you!Special Features:
- Excellent!blake7081Dined on 8/18/2014The Pyramid Review was fine dining at it's best. Absolute great service while feeling comfortable in an exquisite setting. It's perfect for family, friends, or to simply impress your date. Trust me, it'll seal the deal. I'd definitely go back again to enjoy much more of their delicious cuisines! I give it Five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French ToastAnnEatsDined on 8/17/2014We caught the brunch during Restaurant Month (Week) and loved it. From the moment we stepped out of the car to a smiling, trusty valet I felt like royalty. The hostess was appreciative and gracious. Very sincere in wanting to please us, and our waiter was friendly and anticipated our needs. Our glasses and cups remained full and well, it was just an awesome dining experience. The breakfast buffet is not as extensive or varied or creative as other restaurants but again, the service won us over. For a party of two or a party of 22, we recommend the breakfast buffet at Pyramid. You'll have plenty of time to eat, talk, eat some more (and not feel rushed), and talk some more. It was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really A1 Steak sauceSteakSauceReallyDined on 8/15/2014The steak needed A1 and obviously its the norm because they didn't even disguise it just brought the bottle to the table. I don't expect to need A1 at a five star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not it....Dallasfoodie99Dined on 8/12/2014I'm in the biz. It's not hard to please me but hard to impress me. If I'm spending 90 bucks for lunch, I don't want my steak smothered in blue cheese butter, my watermelon barely ripe, and my desserts pulled out of a freezer. Too many flavors to hide poor quality. Maybe we should have chosen a non restaurant weekend menu. I thought the purpose of participating was to bring in new people who haven't been in before. Not skimp on production and show everyone a cheaper version of what you do. Menu looked great online, but most fakes look great on paper.
- Special lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014I had lunch at the Pyramid Room (I had wanted to go for years, but never made it downtown). The food was very good - my steak was perfectly cooked, the frites were also perfect (crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside), and the broccolini was also delicious. I was a little surprised when my iced tea came in a glass with a straw. I used the straw, as I assume they must know whether or not their glasses are clean, but it seemed very out of place to me in a fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceDallasDinerDined on 8/2/2014We have dined here twice, and both times the service was top class and the food is wonderful. They always make us feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatingoutDined on 8/1/2014It was very nice and had a relaxing atmosphere. I had dinner and breakfast there.Special Features:
- A great restaurantsherryDined on 7/28/2014The food was delicious, attractively presented and graciously served. There were interesting menu choices in both the bar and the dining room. The servers in each area were knowledgeable, efficient and pleasant. All in all I totally enjoyed my dining experiences at the Pyramid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always stellarDiningoutVIPDined on 7/27/2014My visit this afternoon, on relatively short notice was handled with the same care as if they had a week's knowledge of my arrival. The staff and servers are what continue to make this a premier destination for many reasons. While longevity is a rare commodity in today's society, the gracious hospitality continues to amaze me. While not as striking and beautiful as the room was in its more formal days, but its hard to imagine having a better experience anywhere. Don't hesitate to ask for whatever you might long for from any era, as they are likely able to accommodate any reasonable request, after all this is the Fairmont. For the best experience make reservations and ask for Kim or any of the long time employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!LVregDined on 7/17/2014We were surprised to find such an outstanding restuarant that we had never heard of. The menu is diverse with everything from steak to fish to ostrich. The dessert menu is simple with outstanding flavors. Cannot wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't get any better THAN THISMarvVIPDined on 7/3/2014Watree Jorge- a fixture there for 30 years, is magnif.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at the FairmontRawOysterDudeDined on 6/8/2014The Pyramid was perfect for meeting another couple and enjoying a wonderful brunch. The service was great and the nselection of foods from the buffet wonderful. The menu also offered some super choices. We will definitely be back! Note that it was full at 10:30 am so be sure and make reservations, even for brunch...gSpecial Features:
- Brunch at The FairmontBraveheartVIPDined on 6/8/2014It took a while to be seated and then took a while to be waited on at the Pyramid located In the Fairmont Hotel. When we finally were served food, one of the orders was completely wrong and the waiter said it would take less than three minutes to correct. Not true...it was fifteen, and by then everyone else had finished their meals This overshadowed the fact that the menu choices of crab cakes Benedict, California omelet, and Texas pecan waffles were very tasty. The waiter credited our drinks because of the error, which interestingly were two coffees and an orange juice.Special Features:
- Our anniversary dinnerLovelocal214Dined on 6/7/2014Wonderful experience dining at Pyramid. We chose this restaurant among a handful of new eateries in the city because of the herb/veg garden and support of local farmers. We love, love that the restaurant also supports the Texas Honey Bee Guild.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible experience.dfordDined on 6/3/2014Great food backed up by incredible service. I had a wonderful experience and would recommend to any and all.Special Features:
- Exceptionally grand serviceDiningoutVIPDined on 6/1/2014No matter where your spirits may be, a visit to the Pyramid is guaranteed to lift them. While the polish of the more formal venue is lost, the room still shines with the service of many longstanding employees. The always accommodating manager, Aida will ensure every wish is granted. For a special treat, I often opt for a special meal served in the former Brasserie, still prepared by the same expert Chef, and served with extra care by Kim. Its a special Texas dish not usually associated with the finer dining Pyramid, but graciously prepared and served to this day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDiningoutVIPDined on 5/25/2014Today, I called in advance, since the holiday weekends can be questionable but the experience was excellent. For many years the Pyramid has continued a tradition that was started when there were multiple outlets in the hotel. On special request almost anything can be delivered with great results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star food and servicefoodgodVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great place to go. Lamb Chops were healthy portion with great sauce. Wine list is very good.Special Features:
- High quality fine diningBAM1Dined on 5/11/2014Everything was prepared well with the best ingredients, a solid, high quality dinner.Special Features:
- The following 245 reviews are from the Pyramid Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- It's in a hotel, but...NYerDined on 5/2/2014Everything about the Pyramid is just right. There could be a door between it and the lounge but otherwise the service, food and experience in General were just right. Perfect location for before or after the theaters or museums.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationBillDined on 4/30/2014I arranged reservations for a fellow co-worker's birthday celebration. The lobster bisque was out of this world and the grilled salmon entree to die for. The food coupled with the great service along with birthday cake surprise only made the luncheon more special.Special Features:
- Quality doesn't match price pointCarnerosRedDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I dined here on one of our all too rare date nights. The experience was underwhelming. Everything started well. The salads were fresh and flavorful. However, there was a problem with the wine we ordered with the salad. The vintage of the bottle brought to our table (an off year) did not match the year on the menu (an outstanding year). When I questioned the discrepancy, the waiter acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. By the time he figured out the menu was outdated and they didn't have that vintage, we were long finished with the salad. The main course was forgettable too. I have literally forgotten what we had. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Would recommend!!QtestgurlVIPDined on 4/24/2014Good food great service! Was happy with everything we ordered. Would recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- PyramidOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/19/2014I was not overly impressed with the Pyramid. The setting was nice and quiet so it was great for talking with our friends. The food was average, they were out of sea scallops which is what 2 out of 4 at our table had planned to order. The waiter was friendly the 2 times we saw him. The hostess took our food order and actually did most of the waiting on our table. They did do a good job of keeping our drinks full and coming around with bread. I think they were understaffed that evening even though the restaurant was not very crowded.
- Love the food, but service & drinkrencpharmdVIPDined on 4/19/2014Went here using a Travelzoo voucher. If I'd known how much $125 worth of food would purchase, I would've brought my friends along as well. We started off with leek soup - thick and creamy; quite delicious and pork belly, which melted in your mouth. The entrees were well-made as well (cobia and fillet). One of my disappointments was not having enough time to try their desserts. Another disappointment was not having scallops available. Last disappointment was the moscow mule I ordered. It was terrible and NOT served in a copper mug. The so-called 'mule' was sent back for a wine instead. Service was a little rough, our waiter seemed very antsy and couldn't stand still. Overall, go and try the food, but beware of the drink cocktails.Special Features:
- OutstandingRiley2dineDined on 4/18/2014Wonderful food, wine and service. Great chef and Hunter will direct you to a great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We don't usually eat in hotels, butBaileyDined on 4/18/2014Had lunch at the Pyramid in the Fairmont. The decor was just average for a high class hotel but spacious and comfortable. The lunch menu didn't have a huge selection but the food was excellent, as was the service. Unfortunately we didn't have time to try the dinner menu but next time we we'd finitely will. Prices were also excellent and there was a small selection of wines by the Sommelier for only $9 a glass, also excellent value.Special Features:
- Amazing food and even betterHappyCoupleDined on 4/12/2014Amazing food and even better service!!! From our appetizer to our desserts, we were still talking about them the next morning. The chairs were super comfortable too!Special Features:
- Great Sunday evening dining!!!!jrio24Dined on 4/6/2014Looking for a place to go then then the Prymaid is great for that dining experience. You will find excellent food with a few unusual unusual items to select from then you that will wow you. Service is exceptional. Out waiter Chrispon was superb!!! Likewise the other wait staff were on top of things, filling water, bread plates and clearing tables etc. The only downside was the lemon cake and whiskey cake were not tasty, dry, and not worth 12 dollars each . I would never order a dessert there again. I would go back again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experience.JeepDined on 3/30/2014Outstanding dining experience. Food was great with a diversified menu. Service was five star. Wine selection and cocktails were very good. I would definately recommend it to anyone looking for a very nice and quiet dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!EstebanDined on 3/29/2014Thank you to the Pyramid staff for a wonderful evening and dinner. The Lamb Chops were excellent, and I couldn't get enough of the Texas Pecan and Raisin Bread. Hunter came through, as always, providing well thought and delicious wine selections. If you haven't had a chance to delve into this list, you are missing out. There are even some impressive Texas wines that will require a return trip for further review! Thanks again, and see you soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.