Pyramid Restaurant and Bar
1717 Akard Street
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Pyramid Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pyramidrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (214) 720-5249
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Armstrong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining in the Chef's Tasting Room for parties of 12 - 22 guests, or enjoy a dinner for up to 50 guests in our private dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Aida Kapetanovich 2147205249x
A word from Pyramid Restaurant and Bar
Located in the heart of Dallas’ Art District, the new Pyramid Restaurant & Bar, encompassing more than seven thousand square feet, resonates with a modern, sleek, contemporary look evoking a stylish vigor and energy. The new décor creates an imaginative and engaging space perfect for sampling Executive Chef Brian Armstrong's exciting new cuisine. Pyramid Restaurant & Bar promises to be the perfect spot for drinks with friends, a meeting with clients over cocktails and appetizers, a pre-performance supper, a special occasion gourmet dining experience or a post theatre celebration of dessert and coffee.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pyramid Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)fit for foodies (29)romantic (29)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good but not the best in Dallas.cjdallas2009Dined on 11/12/2014The service was terrific. the food was good but a little overpriced for the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slowAceOneDined on 11/8/2014Our waiter was distracted. I think he was waiting on a table in another room. Service was slow. Food was fair. Not great. I recommend not ordering the Tiramasu.
- Picture PerfectCNOTE8710Dined on 11/5/2014I proposed to my girlfriend & service was more than adequate. We actually had a camera crew on hand so the service was picture perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLuvfancythingsDined on 10/18/2014my husband and i had a great time. Food was great. Service was great. We had a really romantic night.Special Features:
- Too loud, food just okayDRinDallasVIPDined on 10/11/2014We should have known better than to go out on the Saturday night of Texas vs Oklahoma. But a nice restaurant shouldn't be a open to the lobby and very noisy lobby bar! The food was just okay. Service good (more servers than diners)! The only pleasant surprise was the wine list. We won't be back!
- OverpricedfoodNwineDined on 10/10/2014I really wanted to like it bc the waitstaff was very good, but it was incredibly pricey for average food. I have no problem paying $215 for a 2-person dinner if the food was great, but it was very underwhelming. The wild boar was tough, flavorless and tasted boiled. My crab cakes were bland. The tomahawk chop was pretty good but the accompanying potatoes and veggies were cold. The red velvet cake dessert was average and came 20 minutes after our double espressos were long gone. The ambiance was a joke. At $100 a head I don't want to see shorts and backwards caps. The threesome w/ baby placed on top of us at a table for 2 ruined our evening, as the guy ordered for himself and baby, Mac and Cheese and fries. 5 star prices? then act like it.Special Features:
- Superb service and foodLeighDined on 10/9/2014My husband had a seafood dish with a spicy lobster broth which was the special the night we had dinner there, and I had chicken and dumplings! Definitely not your grandmother's chicken and dumplings; both dishes were delicious, and the service was attentive and cosmopolitan. An excellent dinner all around although the noise from the bar was intrusive on what we hoped would be a quieter evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's was quite good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Main entrée was quite dry. Dessert was extremely tasty. 😁Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Service and quality of food was good. However, if there's a dress code, it wasn't enforced. While everybody there was dressed well, as were the waiters, a couple walked in, he was in a baseball cap, t-shirt, jeans....she wasn't much better. Quality of food was excellent, though small portions.Special Features:
- Just Not A Good ExperienceBDayBustDined on 9/14/2014Eggs Benedict were hard boils eggs on toast and a dry crab cake. For $18, I expect perfection. Host was having to Waite tables. Waiter was slow. This special birthday brunch was a bust. I don't think we will return and just look for something that can rise to the occasion.
- Great fo talk businessfbcxDined on 9/11/2014I guess I'll never get used to the meager portions now so prevalent at top flight restaurants but 3 scallops for an entree? They were great, but the meal looked more like an appetizer than an entree. On the other hand the room is lovely and frankly much easier to actually hear the people you are with than the typical steak house. Much more accommodative for talking business. I was impressed that my guest was able to find a very special and rare California Merlot that was his favorite. He had already drunk the last bottle out of the case he had purchased at the winery in Napa.Special Features:
- Excellent Friendly ServiceClintDined on 9/6/2014Impeccable Service, server new who we were and greeted us by our names. The Sea Bass was outstanding and the Flat Iron Steak was made to perfection. The three course meal was a perfect amount of food and every course was prepared with great taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- odnelsonDined on 9/5/2014Excellent. Enjoyed the 32 oz bone in rib eye ceviche was tasty. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a top tier in my bookRedDragonFlyVIPDined on 8/31/2014I've been going through a list of recommended restaurants, Although this is very highly rated I would not put it in that category. They attempted to set us in an area next to the bar, I asked for something quieter they put us in another area that was still pretty loud, when I got up I saw that there was a private large room behind us it was simply empty but ready for service,. We thought the avocado soup tasted like guacamole, reminding frankly off one I just got at Costco in a multi pack although probably better in quality; and the fish was slightly overcooked although a very good recipe. At this level of prices I don't expect the fish to be overcooked
- Pyramid roomcfosterDined on 8/30/2014We found the ambiance quite lovely, a place were you can go and carry on a conversation. The service was outstanding as well.Special Features:
- Great place!StillinloveDined on 8/30/2014Me and my sister enjoyed lunch for my birthday at this wonderful restaurant !!! We enjoyed the ambience and the light jazz in the background ! We will dine here again !!!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeeksusieQDined on 8/30/2014From the moment we walked into the lobby and found our way to the restaurant we were enchanted. Wonderful waitstaff, clean, fresh, quiet. The food was amazing. The service was excellent. We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week LunchIslandermom40Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I have been to Pyramid before for Christmas Brunch, but we have never been in for lunch. We were going to the Dallas Museum for day so thought we would have lunch first. This was a great choice. The restaurant was quiet and the service was excellent. My husband decided to order off the regular menu. The muffaletta sandwich he had was the best. My pork flat bread was good. The N.Y. Strip was the perfect size and well cooked. The french fires were crisp. The only disappointing thing that we had was the pecan tart for dessert. It was a little dry and tough. We will come again as we enjoyed ourselves and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations! Excellent!RaebotDined on 8/29/2014Service was impeccable. Came with a groupon, which they were aware of, and still treated like royalty. We had the pork belly, which was delectable! The chilled avocado soup was great; the server knew we were sharing the soup and so he brought us each our own bowl and individual garnish - a lovely long flat seeded cracker with edible flowers. I had the ostrich, medium rare, which was cooked perfectly and came with yucca purée, peach coulis, balsamic reduction, and heirloom baby rainbow carrots. Friend had the 12oz striploin w/asparagus & truffle fries. White asparagus was perfect, regular green was slightly undercooked. The steak... Was rare on one end and well on the other end. How did the kitchen manage that? It had been ordered "medium."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceQueensDined on 8/24/2014There was free valet parking at the hotel and the waitresses were all really nice! We came for the DFW restaurant week. The food was delicious and definitely worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableFIFIVIPDined on 8/24/2014From the reception to the food and service, it was a most enjoyable luncheon.Special Features:
- Mother & sonblake7081Dined on 8/21/2014I surprised my mom to a night on the town in the city and I knew The Pyramid was the perfect place to impress her. She was astounded by the setting of the restaurant. It was calm and serene, but then you add the food in the mix and VOILIA! I had the Colorado lamb chops; hands down best dish I've ever had. So juicy. So fresh. My mom had the scallops. With the expression on her face I knew I did good. She loved it, and maybe loved me a little more after the meal...I give it Five stars. Thank you!Special Features:
- Excellent!blake7081Dined on 8/18/2014The Pyramid Review was fine dining at it's best. Absolute great service while feeling comfortable in an exquisite setting. It's perfect for family, friends, or to simply impress your date. Trust me, it'll seal the deal. I'd definitely go back again to enjoy much more of their delicious cuisines! I give it Five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French ToastAnnEatsDined on 8/17/2014We caught the brunch during Restaurant Month (Week) and loved it. From the moment we stepped out of the car to a smiling, trusty valet I felt like royalty. The hostess was appreciative and gracious. Very sincere in wanting to please us, and our waiter was friendly and anticipated our needs. Our glasses and cups remained full and well, it was just an awesome dining experience. The breakfast buffet is not as extensive or varied or creative as other restaurants but again, the service won us over. For a party of two or a party of 22, we recommend the breakfast buffet at Pyramid. You'll have plenty of time to eat, talk, eat some more (and not feel rushed), and talk some more. It was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really A1 Steak sauceSteakSauceReallyDined on 8/15/2014The steak needed A1 and obviously its the norm because they didn't even disguise it just brought the bottle to the table. I don't expect to need A1 at a five star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not it....Dallasfoodie99Dined on 8/12/2014I'm in the biz. It's not hard to please me but hard to impress me. If I'm spending 90 bucks for lunch, I don't want my steak smothered in blue cheese butter, my watermelon barely ripe, and my desserts pulled out of a freezer. Too many flavors to hide poor quality. Maybe we should have chosen a non restaurant weekend menu. I thought the purpose of participating was to bring in new people who haven't been in before. Not skimp on production and show everyone a cheaper version of what you do. Menu looked great online, but most fakes look great on paper.
- Special lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014I had lunch at the Pyramid Room (I had wanted to go for years, but never made it downtown). The food was very good - my steak was perfectly cooked, the frites were also perfect (crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside), and the broccolini was also delicious. I was a little surprised when my iced tea came in a glass with a straw. I used the straw, as I assume they must know whether or not their glasses are clean, but it seemed very out of place to me in a fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceDallasDinerDined on 8/2/2014We have dined here twice, and both times the service was top class and the food is wonderful. They always make us feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatingoutDined on 8/1/2014It was very nice and had a relaxing atmosphere. I had dinner and breakfast there.Special Features:
- A great restaurantsherryDined on 7/28/2014The food was delicious, attractively presented and graciously served. There were interesting menu choices in both the bar and the dining room. The servers in each area were knowledgeable, efficient and pleasant. All in all I totally enjoyed my dining experiences at the Pyramid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always stellarDiningoutVIPDined on 7/27/2014My visit this afternoon, on relatively short notice was handled with the same care as if they had a week's knowledge of my arrival. The staff and servers are what continue to make this a premier destination for many reasons. While longevity is a rare commodity in today's society, the gracious hospitality continues to amaze me. While not as striking and beautiful as the room was in its more formal days, but its hard to imagine having a better experience anywhere. Don't hesitate to ask for whatever you might long for from any era, as they are likely able to accommodate any reasonable request, after all this is the Fairmont. For the best experience make reservations and ask for Kim or any of the long time employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 255 reviews are from the Pyramid Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Amazing!!!LVregDined on 7/17/2014We were surprised to find such an outstanding restuarant that we had never heard of. The menu is diverse with everything from steak to fish to ostrich. The dessert menu is simple with outstanding flavors. Cannot wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't get any better THAN THISMarvVIPDined on 7/3/2014Watree Jorge- a fixture there for 30 years, is magnif.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at the FairmontRawOysterDudeDined on 6/8/2014The Pyramid was perfect for meeting another couple and enjoying a wonderful brunch. The service was great and the nselection of foods from the buffet wonderful. The menu also offered some super choices. We will definitely be back! Note that it was full at 10:30 am so be sure and make reservations, even for brunch...gSpecial Features:
- Brunch at The FairmontBraveheartVIPDined on 6/8/2014It took a while to be seated and then took a while to be waited on at the Pyramid located In the Fairmont Hotel. When we finally were served food, one of the orders was completely wrong and the waiter said it would take less than three minutes to correct. Not true...it was fifteen, and by then everyone else had finished their meals This overshadowed the fact that the menu choices of crab cakes Benedict, California omelet, and Texas pecan waffles were very tasty. The waiter credited our drinks because of the error, which interestingly were two coffees and an orange juice.Special Features:
- Our anniversary dinnerLovelocal214Dined on 6/7/2014Wonderful experience dining at Pyramid. We chose this restaurant among a handful of new eateries in the city because of the herb/veg garden and support of local farmers. We love, love that the restaurant also supports the Texas Honey Bee Guild.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible experience.dfordDined on 6/3/2014Great food backed up by incredible service. I had a wonderful experience and would recommend to any and all.Special Features:
- Exceptionally grand serviceDiningoutVIPDined on 6/1/2014No matter where your spirits may be, a visit to the Pyramid is guaranteed to lift them. While the polish of the more formal venue is lost, the room still shines with the service of many longstanding employees. The always accommodating manager, Aida will ensure every wish is granted. For a special treat, I often opt for a special meal served in the former Brasserie, still prepared by the same expert Chef, and served with extra care by Kim. Its a special Texas dish not usually associated with the finer dining Pyramid, but graciously prepared and served to this day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDiningoutVIPDined on 5/25/2014Today, I called in advance, since the holiday weekends can be questionable but the experience was excellent. For many years the Pyramid has continued a tradition that was started when there were multiple outlets in the hotel. On special request almost anything can be delivered with great results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star food and servicefoodgodVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great place to go. Lamb Chops were healthy portion with great sauce. Wine list is very good.Special Features: