1410 Locust Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/walnut-creek
- Phone: 9259461520
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
The kitchen closes 30 minutes before the posted close time. The posted close time is for the bar.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Joe OLeary
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have multiple options available for private dining and comfortably serve up to 300 guests. We have a variety of private and semi-private spaces to suit your banquet needs. Contact us and we will make it happen.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Greig 9259461520x16
- Entertainment: We have a variety of entertaining events here Pyramid including trivia, live music, and several nightly promotions. Contact us for details!
- Special Events: Check out our webpage to view all the events going on here at the alehouse! www.pyramidbrew.com
A word from Pyramid Alehouse
Here you’ll find a world of extraordinary tastes waiting to be explored on draft including our year-round beers, rotating seasonals, as well as a few unique Pyramid offerings you won’t find anywhere else. Enjoy a pint, explore a Pyramid Sampler, or order a growler of brewery fresh beer to go. Pair your brew with a tasty selection off of our full menu of classic brew house cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pyramid Alehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- CadeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/4/2014The bar was attended by Cade a great not good great job! Sorry he is leaving I hope his predisor is as friendly and efficentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EATING AT THE BAROpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/28/2013iF you a fortunate enought to be there on a week-end enjoy he service and frendly maner of Cade! A very nice man who delivers with a smileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating at the barOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/23/2013We were served by Cade he was friendly fast and made the experience greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to have a dependable choicedolphanbobVIPDined on 10/11/2013Restuarants come and go in downtown WC. Food is decent here altgough beer menu is 3 months out of print according to the helpful yet unattentive server. No suggestions made. Poor follow for a por dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food and service.BrianDined on 10/6/2013Average food and service. Would be a good place just to grab a drink or watch a game. Could have been a better dining experience for us.Special Features:
- Good service great atmosphereLovetoeatVIPDined on 9/13/2013We had a reservation but got their early and they were able to seat us right away. Food was good. We ordered an appetizer and didn't like it so they gave us something else and took care if it for us which was not expected but very appreciated. Charming server very knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialJHDGDined on 8/23/2013There is really nothing special to note about the Pyramid Alehouse. The menu is very limited and inflexible. The side dish was cold when it arrived and incomplete (part of it was missing). When I asked to food server to bring the rest of it out, he never came back. It took the waiter 10 minutes to correct the situation. They only serve beer, wine and overpriced sake drinks. No vodka or anything of that sort. Even if you make a reservation online, you still have to stand in a line of people in order to check in; a line that is crammed into a very small space right inside the front door. The hostesses are extremely slow and confused. Although our waiter was nice, he was not as attentive as he should be, and the food is mediocre at best.
- 21 st birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2013What a great place for all to enjoy family and friends. loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pyramid Brewery-Walnut Creek, CAMichaelHDined on 8/10/2013Beer pub, was out of several menu beers (on a Sat night!), service was below average, food was just fair. Live music in the patio was very good. Parking in the area was difficult.Special Features:
- My husband and I went to PyramidOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2013My husband and I went to Pyramid on Saturday night with two other couples to hear the band, JamDaddy. We made a reservation and requested outdoor seating (the band plays on the patio). They don't take reservations for outdoor seating but we were lucky to get seated outdoors last time we went to hear the band. This time, we had to eat indoors as there were a few private parties outside. I'm not sure why Pyramid can't reserve tables outside for the many many people who come there to hear the band play. The majority who come to hear the band order food and drinks. Those are folks who would likely otherwise not be there and Pyramid should appreciate that.Special Features:
- WHEN YOU GOOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2013I REALLY LIKE SITTING AT THE BAR NICE PEOPLE NAD JUST A FUN TIMESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013We enjoyed the food, good beer and service. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice little find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013I clicked on the open table reservation weary of the fact that it was Father's day and I'm not crazy about waiting. Pyramid Ale house looked wide open so I jumped on it for lunch. Great choice. They have very respectable burgers and sandwiches, a nice selection of beer, and the service and ambience was great. I'm don't recall my expectations but they were exceeded! Will go there again! My part of 5 (including my vegetarian daughter) were all pleased!Special Features:
- Great beerPeretzDined on 5/15/2013The Alehouse is the nearest microbrewery we have in the area and it was a great experience. We were looking for a brewery with publike food and found it. We strongly recommend this place to anyone wanting a lay-back, low-key, great beer and burger place.Special Features:
- Good Brew Pub FareWork2SurviveDined on 5/6/2013Go for the brew pub beer they brew on site. As long as you don't expect a 5 star dining experience you'll be fine. Had the chicken bbq pizza and it was good, typical pub food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With Alehouse in its name,JockWuVIPDined on 4/27/2013With Alehouse in its name, one's expectations should not stray toward 5 star cuisine. Food is American, and fair, but one should come here for the various beers on offer. As one example, the Hefeweizen is a refreshing change from the Budweisers, Heinekens and Coronas one might see in a chain restaurant, and the better for it.Special Features:
- I took two friends for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013I took two friends for dinner during Walnut Creek Restaurant week who are not beer drinkers. After tasting the beer we are going back for Drinko de Mayo on Sunday. One friend stated lets make this a regular stop anytime we are in W.C. and I agree. Attentive service and food is another factor on our returning.Special Features:
- The waittress was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013The waittress was great and attentive to our group!Special Features:
- Delicious sandwiches and aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013Delicious sandwiches and a great beer menu! Servers were attentive and made sure we had water for the duration of our stay. Met an old friend there and we talked for a couple of hours. They never made us feel like we were in the way or like we should leave. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Loved the Bar style food.DeanDined on 1/11/2013Loved the Bar style food. We had a great server named Steve. He was on top of everything just as we had asked. The food came out nice and freshly made and hot. The beer flight was great as my sister in law and my brother were not familiar with the beer types Pyramid has and they got to figure out what they liked and don't like. Overall a great experience for a decent price.Special Features:
- Sat down and your 2 hostessXabenVIPDined on 9/26/2012Sat down and your 2 hostess where great and sat me down fast and told me they where practicing on how pronounced my name which impresses me! But it went down hill from there. Waiter came by got my drink and for next 15 mins I was passed by and he would never come back. I look for him but he qould position him self to not make eye contact. I will give them second chance tonight only because of two hostess.
- Probably better options elsewhere..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2012Ambivalent is how I feel about Pyramid. Last time we were here, the food was good, the beer a little flat, and they gave my group of ten a 30% discount. This time, the food was blah, the (porter) beer was good, but no discount - "Our budget won't allow it" says the new manager. How you can put over an inch of turkey in one sandwich and one fourth as much in the pastrami sandwich makes me wonder..... Vote from the group, this time twelve.....we won't be returning.
- While the beer was great theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2012While the beer was great the service and food quality was subpar. I went with two co-workers for dinner we ordered our drink & food. When we received our food my fries were lukewarm so I ask for some hot fries and received an less then happy response from the waitress when asking for ketchup and mustard. Half way through dinner we ordered another round of beer and before we were finished with our meal our check was just dropped off. Never once were we asked how the meal was, if we needed anything else or if we wanted to order dessert. We then had to ask another waitress to split our check as the one that was ours went MIA for over 10 mins. Just an overall bad experience with a place that has a lot of potential.Special Features:
- Ate at the bar, bartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2012Ate at the bar, bartender attentive even though busy. Beer good, food good, no complaints. Can't go wrong here!
- good food. service not veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/19/2012good food. service not very attentive. we had first time dining guests with us... no intro from server to YOUR beers or how they were made somewhat locally. In hindsight we wished we'd had a sampler since they didn't like their choices very much... but we don't feel too guilty about not suggesting it to our guests since the waitstaff never suggested anything at all to us!!Special Features:
- several of us at our tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2012several of us at our table were a little disappointed in our waitress: Because we didn't want french fries with our panini's she said" Oh, you can substitute anything you want" so we chose salads. When the bill came, it was $2.00 dollarsmore for each of us. We had no idea we wsould be charged extra for the change and she said it like you just substitute something easily. We felt a little fooled by that. I did tell her, that at the time of the change, she just preface it with the fact that it is $200 more. The restaurant makes money because we gave you back your french fries. Think about that.Special Features:
- The food is awful. I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012The food is awful. I would only come here for beer next time.
- I made Saturday lunch reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2012I made Saturday lunch reservations for 10 with request for TV viewing to watch Champions League finals. I visited two days in advance to check the table and verify table was good for TV viewing. They confirmed game, table, TV screen, etc. Also verified that my special requests were in their system. When I arrived, they would not give me the table previously confirmed. They stated that there was 40 ahead of my reservation, I had no priority, etc. Manager very unpleasant. Suggested next time we consider a 'contract'. We were forced to sit in the bar area with kids. Ultimately, our reserved table and adjoining table were never filled. Halfway through the match, towards the end of our meal, they asked if we wanted to move! A total failure!
- Hits the Mark for an Alehouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2012Pyramid Alehouse is exactly what you want and expect in a brew pub type restaurant: Great Beer menu. Excellent range of food options, Fun and festive environment with screens to watch sporting events. The outdoor patio is awesome. So this is a great place to get beer or wine along with some good eats.Special Features:
- i Love the alehouse in WalnutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012i Love the alehouse in Walnut Creek. I'm familiar with the waitstaff and bartenders. I picked the Pyramid in Walnut Creek for my 55th birthday dinner because the service is excellent and the people that work there are great. keep up the good work !!Special Features:
- we thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012we thoroughly enjoyed our first visit. the staff was exceptional. the food was good but could have been great. a little more attention to the prep and temperature and it could have been better. but will come back again for the great beer.Special Features:
- Everything was great and hadGoodVIPDined on 2/25/2012Everything was great and had great prices. We will be returning for sure. Our server was super nice and able to describe all of the beers.Special Features:
- My friend and I shared a RubinOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2012My friend and I shared a Rubin sandwich and spinach salad. Both very good. The waiter served the salad and sandwich each on 2 plates for no extra charge. There is a very nice patio for good weather dining and we have been there when they had live entertainment. All in all, an enjoyable place to go.Special Features:
- There were 10 of us girlsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2012There were 10 of us girls and we had a great time. The food was terrific and the server was great!Special Features:
- Habenero BBQ sauce is extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2012Habenero BBQ sauce is extremely spicy, and not for the average "I like a little kick" burger eater :).Special Features:
- I didn't get the table I wanted!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012I didn't get the table I wanted!!!! Even thou it wasn't a packed nite. I was very upset.Special Features:
- The servers were nice enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The servers were nice enough but the kitchen was having problems getting food out on time. They were out of the three beers we wanted, and were out of several other things... on New Year's Eve, in the early afternoon before the rush. Seems like a restaurants would normally be stocked up.Special Features:
- The Menu had lots of optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2011The Menu had lots of options at a good price. Great Service and GREEEEAT Beer!Special Features:
- I had a surprise birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011I had a surprise birthday party for my 23 year old son. Our waitress was very helpful and accomodating. The food was also great!Special Features:
- Great place for a group eventJBOaklandDined on 9/2/2011We had a going away party for a colleague with 11 people. Sitting out on the patio on a warm, summer afternoon was lovely. The food was very good - better than average pub food and reasonably priced. Only slight complaint was that it took a really long time to arrive and one person had to leave before he was able to eat. But the wait staff was very efficient with the big group and it was a very satisfying experience. I would definitely go back again.Special Features: