5655 W. Valencia Rd
Tucson, AZ 85757Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.casinodelsol.com/tucson-dining/py-steakhouse
- Phone: 5203249350
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: PY Steakhouse Chef de Cuisine, Erik Savin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us customize any experience and any occasion with the world class cuisine prepared by Chef Erik Savin.
- Private Party Facilities: Let Chef Erik Savin customize your menu to enhance your dining experience. Chef Erik will create a dream event for any size group at PY Steakhouse.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Brady 5203249350
- Entertainment: In conjunction with Casino del Sol, PY Steak offers the opportunity to dine before or after world class concerts at AVA Amphitheatre and DJ's at the hotel pool.
- Special Events: Join us throughout the month for wine tastings and dinners at PY. Sol Wine Manager Kevin Brady and his team can create wine pairings any night of the week for you and your guests.
A word from PY Steakhouse
Located in the beautiful and historic Southern Tucson River Valley, PY Steak is a world class Forbes Four Star operation with an international wine list of over 450 selections and world class cuisine. Call General Manager and Sol Wine Manager Kevin Brady, csw to arrange your once in a lifetime experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
PY Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
PY Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)romantic (108)notable wine list (63)fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (19)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014great food and excellent service A little too bright. Not very romanticSpecial Features:
- Great experience.JulioDined on 8/14/2014Kevin and his staff are outstanding, always a wonderful experience, it's my favorite place and I recommend it to everyone, thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PY SteakhouseEsmeraldaDined on 8/13/2014We are celebrating our 19th Anniversary this year and decided to do something special. So glad we decided on PY for dinner, it was great. Husband had lobster tail (wonderful) I had short ribs (delicious). Shared a fancy cheescake dish to top it off...we won't wait a whole year to come back.Special Features:
- THE AMBIENCE FACTORABNLOUDined on 8/13/2014If any physical change needs to be made to the PY Steakhouse, the lighting should be first and foremost. The lighting, within the restaurant, is simply too bright and needs to be toned down. A few dimmer switches would go a long way in providing some additional soothing ambience. I will say that the service and food was exceptional! My wife and I plan on returning and staying in the Casino del Sol Hotel and once again dining at the PY Steakhouse before the end of this year (2014).Special Features:
- Dinner after GamingTennTucsonanDined on 8/13/2014We had a reservation at PY Steakhouse and they used our names often. Very personal touch. Had lots of good selections plus nightly special. Noticed head chef talking with patrons and was checking plates before they went out to customers. Very good presentation of food. Prices were that of a quality restaurant. I would combine the PY experience with gaming any time I go to this casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service, knowledgable staffRtriDined on 8/12/2014The servers were versed in their food and drink knowledge. Humbled by their interest in bourbons and gins. They knew every element of the food served and made consistently good recommendations in pairings and cocktails. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceMickDined on 8/12/2014This was our first visit to PY Steakhouse and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the service. We had lemon fish, which we had not had before, and it was fantastic. Server was very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elpyroDined on 8/12/2014I was excited to take my date to this restaurant. We were ten minutes late for our reservation. The greeter told us it would be 15 minutes. An hour later were seated. Slow service. The tapas was smoked salmon. It was OK. The waitress forgot my dates drink. The main course was served an hour and 10 minutes after we ordered. My dates.salmon was okay. But my halibut was dry and had no flavor other than fishy. It could have used some lemon. But I was not offered any. The artichokes were to salty and the squash was under cooked.there was a re dish colored sauce that tasted like it came out of a can. I don't mind paying 30 dollars for a plate of food if the chef took care making it. I am not recommending this restaurant.
- PY Steak HouseJackDined on 8/12/2014If you are looking for a special place to dine in Tucson, don't miss out on the PY steakhouse. Superb steaks and other entrees. Wednesday night is prime rib night with special prices. No matter what evening you choose, a word of advice; make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great booze.fitzageDined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious, as were the cocktails. They have a good selection of whiskies as is shown by the number of whiskey flights they have available. Service was very good, although a bit slow at times. The restaurant has a bit more of a casual feel than some people might like for a high-end restaurant, although since everybody in Tucson dresses down anyway, it fits a little better.Special Features:
- Beautiful...SatisfiedDinerDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant was so beautiful. The presentation of the food was very appealing. The food was delicious. Our only problem was that the waiters talked very softly and we both had a hard time understanding what they were saying. The background music wasn't overly loud...they just spoke too softly. I am not hard of hearing and I could hardly make out what was being said. It must have just been our waiters since the waitress at the next table was speaking loud enough that I could hear and understand everything she was saying to the occupants of that table.Special Features:
- Steak is outstanding!BettyDined on 8/8/2014Be careful with the prices, the main course does not come with any sides and a 14 oz rib eye steak which is delicious is 33.00 dollars, each side is 7 to 8.50. 8.00 dollars for a baked potato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableGoodnightireneDined on 8/7/2014We asked for the "early bird" menu and promptly received. The early bird was available from 4 pm until 6 pm. The shrimp cocktail was not good. Shrimp were huge but tough...not fresh. The steak was cooked as requested. Molton chocolate cake was delicious...possibly best ever. All courses were beautifully presented....a work of art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre especially considering$$FrederickCharlesDined on 8/7/2014I will say the food was presented attractively, We had the caramelized onion tart which I would call unremarkable, I had the halibut special which was overcooked. They're on a first date so I would not send it back though it should have been when looking at what cost. The wine that I ordered they did not have but did substitute an acceptable replacement. In my reservation I also requested a booth but did not get one all booths were full.
- Outstanding!LucylouDined on 8/7/2014The dining room reminded us of a supper club-- very tastefully appointed. Both the petite filet and the lamb chops we ordered were grilled perfectly, and the potatoes and vegetables were scrumptious. The bread basket was a real treat too, as was the lava cake for dessert. Gosh, we couldn't have asked for a better dining-out experience in Tucson if we'd tried. Our experience was on par with a trip to Las Vegas-- dining at one of the fancy restaurants and gambling a bit-- without having to pay airfare and lodging. A winner all around!Special Features:
- Delicious!MNguyDined on 8/6/2014What a wonderful experience! My wife and I had a date night and decided to make reservations at PY, and we were not dissappointed at all! Great service, great food, and great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steakCeeJayDined on 8/6/2014We made reservations for 6 p.m. Our table was waiting for us and we were greated warmly. The appetizers and bread were brought out promptly and were delicious. We enjoyed the prime rib special, which was a great deal and was fabulous. Or service then got extremely slow, even though we had two waiters assigned to our table, and we were unable to order dessert or we would have been late to the concert. This was disappointing as it was our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebTwylaVIPDined on 8/6/2014FOR THE COST I WOULD NOT RETURN. I WAS EXPECTING MUCH BETTER. MY STEAK WAS NOT COOKED AS I REQUESTED AND THE SERVICE WAS VERY SLOW.Special Features:
- SueZQDined on 8/6/2014Would recommend this restaurant to everyone. Each time we've been there, we've never been disappointed. The food and service is always topnotch.Special Features:
- Good, but not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food: Husband's steak was perfect, but strange that steaks don't come with anything (+$10 for a baked potato or some braised mushrooms). My seared scallops were incredibly salty, but the risotto was good. Desserts were excellent. Ambience: So-so. Pretty decor, nice lighting, comfortable chairs, but the table we were at was HUGE (could have easily been a 4-top), and husband and I felt like we couldn't carry on a conversation without shouting. Not a very romantic setting. Service: Somewhat awkward waitress - very attentive, but not knowledgeable about the menu. Had to ask three times for the cocktail menu.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerranchDined on 8/2/2014Return visit - wonderful menu from the Tapas for an appetizer, entree and dessert.Special Features:
- mvdudemvdudeDined on 8/1/2014Chef Erik continues with his fantastic seasonal menus, flavorful dishes with fresh ingredients! Manager Kevin has put together an extremely competent wait staff and kitchen. Kevin also has a very well balanced wine list with both old and new world selections...he also excels at recommending masterful wine pairings upon request! We will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PY Steak houseTLM2Dined on 8/1/2014The wine and service were great. The ambiance was so so. It was our anniversary .. My hubby says to ask how they cook the steaks because medium was actually well done. We would go back. The Au gratin potatoes were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningLuvngLifeDined on 7/31/2014The food was prepared perfectly. Little extra treats at start of dinner experience were fantastic. Help picking wine was spot on. Dining chairs were comfortable, table spacious for our party of 4. Wait staff very knowledgable and swift to keep up with all requests. This was a dry run looking for a special place for a special evening with a few family members and it is at the top of our list. Only down sides are - no scenic view and room a little too bright, but everything else an eleven on a scale of ten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th anniversary dinner- excellentXennvbDined on 7/30/2014Great food, good drinks, excellent service, very specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb !!RobertDined on 7/25/2014From the hostess to the waiters aide the service and courtesy were impeccable. Food was superb and delivered at just the right times. Hats off to the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJoyfulDined on 7/24/2014PY Steakhouse is delightful, especially as it is located in a casino resort setting. Superb service . . . Excellent prime rib . . . Loved the spinach salad . . . everything was just right!Special Features:
- Excellentluv2dineDined on 7/23/2014Every time we have eaten there the food and service have been excellent.Special Features:
- The best Prime Rib ever!!walleyewizardDined on 7/23/2014Wow, this was our first time to dine here. The service was above average, I had escargots served differently than ever, but were they delicious, my wife had oysters on the half shell also outstanding. The Prime Rib was the best I have ever had and I am 70 years old. We will definitely return!!Special Features:
- A great restaurantbirthdaygirlDined on 7/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at PY. The food was delicious, the service wonderful. The restaurant seems cozy and intimate which is great for special occasions or just a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quietly OutstandingLovetoEatDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful way to celebrate anything! Excellent staff, amazing food-taste and presentation. At first, I was a little curious about what I perceived to be "slow start" service wise. HOWEVER, this was actually a point on the plus side. It is the type of place where one needs to relax and appreciate the experience. We spent the weekend at the Casino and visited PY to celebrate an anniversary. I made referenced that event in my reservation & the staff surprised us with a special presentation with our dessert. It was very tasteful and not at all conspicuous or uncomfortable-and much appreciated. I have travelled for convention contracting & set-up in the past and have seen all levels of service, food and ambiance. PY makes the top 5 on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet MignonCasino777Dined on 7/19/2014What a fantastic place to celebrate my birthday! The food and service was top notch. A delightful evening and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucson GolferOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014We love PY's. Great service. Good wine selection. Manager is super friendly.Special Features:
- good food great priceRENEDined on 7/16/2014We all ordered the prime rib it was cooked perfect and tasted really good we recommend . Service was really nice and were always there to refill our water glasses as well as our wine which complemented our meal nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I thought my Wife was going to melt into her chair upon eating your escargot. Everything was world class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Night OutFabSDWeekendDined on 7/12/2014I took my fiance here for a special night out. Checked out the casino then headed to our 7:30 PM dinner reservation. Service was very professional and attentive. The bread arrived and was a nice touch as they had a foot and a half tall pretzel sticks. We got the pork belly as an appetizer which was delicious. It was funny how the service started out impeccably but dropped off as the night went on. My fiance got the shrimp linguine dish and it was just ok. The shrimp was pretty fishy. I got their signature t-bone steak. It was good but nothing amazing. It wasn't worth the $45 price. My au gratin potatoes weren't even hardly cooked. Overall it was a pretty good evening and we had a good time. Definitely some room for improvement though here.Special Features:
- Best steakbestintownDined on 7/12/2014This was a welcome surprise . It is very near by. Prior our favorite was Flemmings (which is still excellant) I think PY steak (petit filet) was better. It is melt in your mouth ,cut with spoon tender. There are wonderful sauces to go with it. Had to try them but the steak is to good to sauce it. Spoke with the head chef Eric . He had everything under control as we watched him critique the dishes as they went out. My side was shrimp and they were large and very good. My husband had mushrooms with his 10oz filet and claimed them the best. His came with marrow bone which he had never seen before and loved it. Notably the best steak house in Tucson.Special Features:
- Well Worth The VisitdcjcDined on 7/12/2014The quality of the food and service were simply outstanding! The chef is obviously experienced in fine dining and in control of the kitchen. Each course was plated with amazing presentation skills and vibrant flavors. We cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- saddlebrookefoodieSaddleBrookefoodieDined on 7/10/2014PY boasts "inspired cuisine," "unparalleled hospitality," and "outstanding guest service" to create a "perfect dining experience." Although the lemon fish was adequate for its price, bread did not appear until the entrée; and wine was substituted. Host Kevin Brady insisted that the 6/23 reservation we made for 7/10 (our anniversary) did not exist and that we could not have a booth. Instead, he seated us in the freezing wine room with other walk-ins, including a boisterous table of men who grossly discussed ex-wives' physical attributes. Our server had to squeeze between our tippy table and these men. Although Shana offered a complimentary dessert, we were billed for it. All of this added up to a less than romantic experience.Special Features:
- FS7DDDined on 7/9/2014Food was excellent. Well prepare as we ordered it. Service was at hand when needed but did not hover. Server was knowledgeable about items on the menu. The dinner was not rushed and we had time to sit and talk between courses. Too many restaurants serve the entrée while one is still enjoying their soup or salad. Not so here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.