5655 W. Valencia Rd
Tucson, AZ 85757Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.casinodelsol.com/tucson-dining/py-steakhouse
- Phone: 5203249350
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: PY Steakhouse Chef de Cuisine, Erik Savin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us customize any experience and any occasion with the world class cuisine prepared by Chef Erik Savin.
- Private Party Facilities: Let Chef Erik Savin customize your menu to enhance your dining experience. Chef Erik will create a dream event for any size group at PY Steakhouse.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Brady 5203249350
- Entertainment: In conjunction with Casino del Sol, PY Steak offers the opportunity to dine before or after world class concerts at AVA Amphitheatre and DJ's at the hotel pool.
- Special Events: Join us throughout the month for wine tastings and dinners at PY. Sol Wine Manager Kevin Brady and his team can create wine pairings any night of the week for you and your guests.
A word from PY Steakhouse
Located in the beautiful and historic Southern Tucson River Valley, PY Steak is a world class Forbes Four Star operation with an international wine list of over 450 selections and world class cuisine. Call General Manager and Sol Wine Manager Kevin Brady, csw to arrange your once in a lifetime experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
PY Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
PY Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)romantic (99)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (16)late-night find (13)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Food and wine outstanding. Service was excellent. Lovely setting.Special Features:
- Property ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I would highly recommend PY Steakhouse to everyone. we had reservations of 7:15 but arrived early, they seated us right away and the rest of the evening we were treated like we were their only customers .. Our overall dining experience could not have been better, the wine list is one of the finest in this state, attention to small details and the staff should be commended.Special Features:
- jkbkDined on 9/10/2014we were there 6 mos ago for the prime rib nite and I remembered a salad included with the meal that was not included with this one . The meat and potatoe was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broken GemKlaraCDined on 9/10/2014The hostess seated us and informed us that Blanca was going to be our server. Blanca said there was a Prime Rib special and we ordered it cooked medium rare and medium for my husband, she then started to leave when my husband called her back so we could finish our dinner ordering. She then left and we did not see her again until our bill arrived. She never came to ask if our food was ok, it was not because the prime rib and my potato came cold and my husbands prime rib was under cooked to more rare than the medium that he wanted. We tried to get her attention but she was busy talking with the cook staff. Our entire visit was very disappointing with the restaurant and specially with management because no one ever approached our table
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Filet Mignon was very well done instead of rare as requested. Chef did second and was medium rare and was so salty I had to skin it. Really worst steak experience ever.Special Features:
- SERVICE OUTSTANDING100PERCENTREALDined on 9/5/2014A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ OUTSTANDING I LIVE 40 MILES AWAY I WILL DRIVE EVERY TIME TO ENJOY A GREAT MEAL ..Special Features:
- Prime RibDessertDivaDined on 9/3/2014The prime rib with au jus and baked potato was excellent. So was the chocolate bread. What about a soup night or a dessert night or a salad night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Was our first time there. The food was very good. We wanted to order a chocolate molten cake for desert but we were told it would take 30 minutes to prepare it. The waitress said she explained it in the beginning but none of us heard that information so we did not order it.Special Features:
- lovely eveninglove2dineDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food, great service in lovely setting. A place where I'll be sure to go back too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UneatableUnhappyDined on 8/29/2014I was served the veal with crab and asparagus and a sauce. The meat was cooked perfect, the asparagus was raw and not eatable,the crab topping was so salty it to was not eatable. We also had to send back our appetizer.... jumbo shrimp.... because it was over cooked and taste like rubber. They did thankfully give me an allowance for the veal dinner...my wife had scallops and the where very good. It was a very disappointing anniversary dinner for me.Special Features:
- shockedDined on 8/28/2014Steak was good but, what was that 4 inch square piece of bone on a large spoon doing on the plate? Was this for my dog? Crab cakes were terrible; the worst I have ever had. Escargot was in a 3 inch dish with melted butter and the snails just thrown in like soup: terrible. Wait staff was friendly but with apparently no training or experience. Service was the worst in memory. Had to get up twice to get own utensils. Had to go to manager to place order for wine after waiting 10 minutes after food arrived.
- Oasis in the desert2happyfoodiesDined on 8/28/2014Celebrated special occasion. Wait staff was extremely attentive and knowledgeable. Food presentation was understated but inviting...but the food was prepared perfectly. Started with the bacon wrapped fig tapas and smoked pork belly appitizer...very nice. Skipped soup, salad, saving room for entree. Chose Grilled Rack of Lamb with Agave glazed sweet potatoes, Haircot Verts and Black Currant Ancho Chile Demi also Seared Diver Scallops with English Pea Parmesan Rissoto, Saffron Sweet Corn Cream and Crispy Parsnips. All exceeded our expectation...fabulous. Ended the meal with the Souffle de Jour, strawberry and cream...mouthwateringly devine. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starbar RanchStarbarDined on 8/27/2014Met friends for dinner on prime rib night. All our friends had a great meal and the service was excellent. Thank you to Chef Eric for the most delicious and beautiful deserts. Overall a great and fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outjucameDined on 8/23/2014Service and food was very good, would highly recommend, our food was served fast and well cooked! Great place for groups and couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!212LadyDined on 8/23/2014I enjoy this restaurant whenever possible. Upscale but low key and not overly pretentious. The food is always delicious and everyone at our table thoroughly enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/23/2014service was average, food was tasty but average. Waiter asked if we wanted dessert while we were eating our dinner. Service and order of things was out of synch all night
- 2die4Dined on 8/23/2014Our ratings above answers our opinion of PY. It was a most enjoyable experience with excellent service, attention and food.Special Features:
- PY SteakhouseABNLOUDined on 8/19/2014Only thing lacking for this PY Steakhouse is in the ambience area and that is the brightness on the dining area. Dimming the lights is the cure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dave1Dined on 8/16/2014great food and excellent service A little too bright. Not very romanticSpecial Features:
- Nice evening outdeviDined on 8/14/2014I stayed at the Casino del Sol and had dinner alone; I wish I'd brought a friend so I could've tasted their food! The atmosphere is peaceful; the noise from the casino isn't really noticeable. The decorating was simple but elegant. After I was seated, I was greeted at my table by name by the dining room manager and the server; that made a great impression. The service throughout the evening was very attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. The menu is composed mainly of steaks, chops, and seafood and offers a good selection of standards and inventive twists. Nice selection of creative cocktails, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.JulioDined on 8/14/2014Kevin and his staff are outstanding, always a wonderful experience, it's my favorite place and I recommend it to everyone, thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PY SteakhouseEsmeraldaDined on 8/13/2014We are celebrating our 19th Anniversary this year and decided to do something special. So glad we decided on PY for dinner, it was great. Husband had lobster tail (wonderful) I had short ribs (delicious). Shared a fancy cheescake dish to top it off...we won't wait a whole year to come back.Special Features:
- THE AMBIENCE FACTORABNLOUDined on 8/13/2014If any physical change needs to be made to the PY Steakhouse, the lighting should be first and foremost. The lighting, within the restaurant, is simply too bright and needs to be toned down. A few dimmer switches would go a long way in providing some additional soothing ambience. I will say that the service and food was exceptional! My wife and I plan on returning and staying in the Casino del Sol Hotel and once again dining at the PY Steakhouse before the end of this year (2014).Special Features:
- Dinner after GamingTennTucsonanDined on 8/13/2014We had a reservation at PY Steakhouse and they used our names often. Very personal touch. Had lots of good selections plus nightly special. Noticed head chef talking with patrons and was checking plates before they went out to customers. Very good presentation of food. Prices were that of a quality restaurant. I would combine the PY experience with gaming any time I go to this casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service, knowledgable staffRtriDined on 8/12/2014The servers were versed in their food and drink knowledge. Humbled by their interest in bourbons and gins. They knew every element of the food served and made consistently good recommendations in pairings and cocktails. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceMickDined on 8/12/2014This was our first visit to PY Steakhouse and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the service. We had lemon fish, which we had not had before, and it was fantastic. Server was very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elpyroDined on 8/12/2014I was excited to take my date to this restaurant. We were ten minutes late for our reservation. The greeter told us it would be 15 minutes. An hour later were seated. Slow service. The tapas was smoked salmon. It was OK. The waitress forgot my dates drink. The main course was served an hour and 10 minutes after we ordered. My dates.salmon was okay. But my halibut was dry and had no flavor other than fishy. It could have used some lemon. But I was not offered any. The artichokes were to salty and the squash was under cooked.there was a re dish colored sauce that tasted like it came out of a can. I don't mind paying 30 dollars for a plate of food if the chef took care making it. I am not recommending this restaurant.
- PY Steak HouseJackDined on 8/12/2014If you are looking for a special place to dine in Tucson, don't miss out on the PY steakhouse. Superb steaks and other entrees. Wednesday night is prime rib night with special prices. No matter what evening you choose, a word of advice; make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great booze.fitzageDined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious, as were the cocktails. They have a good selection of whiskies as is shown by the number of whiskey flights they have available. Service was very good, although a bit slow at times. The restaurant has a bit more of a casual feel than some people might like for a high-end restaurant, although since everybody in Tucson dresses down anyway, it fits a little better.Special Features:
- Beautiful...SatisfiedDinerDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant was so beautiful. The presentation of the food was very appealing. The food was delicious. Our only problem was that the waiters talked very softly and we both had a hard time understanding what they were saying. The background music wasn't overly loud...they just spoke too softly. I am not hard of hearing and I could hardly make out what was being said. It must have just been our waiters since the waitress at the next table was speaking loud enough that I could hear and understand everything she was saying to the occupants of that table.Special Features:
- Steak is outstanding!BettyDined on 8/8/2014Be careful with the prices, the main course does not come with any sides and a 14 oz rib eye steak which is delicious is 33.00 dollars, each side is 7 to 8.50. 8.00 dollars for a baked potato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableGoodnightireneDined on 8/7/2014We asked for the "early bird" menu and promptly received. The early bird was available from 4 pm until 6 pm. The shrimp cocktail was not good. Shrimp were huge but tough...not fresh. The steak was cooked as requested. Molton chocolate cake was delicious...possibly best ever. All courses were beautifully presented....a work of art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre especially considering$$FrederickCharlesDined on 8/7/2014I will say the food was presented attractively, We had the caramelized onion tart which I would call unremarkable, I had the halibut special which was overcooked. They're on a first date so I would not send it back though it should have been when looking at what cost. The wine that I ordered they did not have but did substitute an acceptable replacement. In my reservation I also requested a booth but did not get one all booths were full.
- Outstanding!LucylouDined on 8/7/2014The dining room reminded us of a supper club-- very tastefully appointed. Both the petite filet and the lamb chops we ordered were grilled perfectly, and the potatoes and vegetables were scrumptious. The bread basket was a real treat too, as was the lava cake for dessert. Gosh, we couldn't have asked for a better dining-out experience in Tucson if we'd tried. Our experience was on par with a trip to Las Vegas-- dining at one of the fancy restaurants and gambling a bit-- without having to pay airfare and lodging. A winner all around!Special Features:
- Delicious!MNguyDined on 8/6/2014What a wonderful experience! My wife and I had a date night and decided to make reservations at PY, and we were not dissappointed at all! Great service, great food, and great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steakCeeJayDined on 8/6/2014We made reservations for 6 p.m. Our table was waiting for us and we were greated warmly. The appetizers and bread were brought out promptly and were delicious. We enjoyed the prime rib special, which was a great deal and was fabulous. Or service then got extremely slow, even though we had two waiters assigned to our table, and we were unable to order dessert or we would have been late to the concert. This was disappointing as it was our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebTwylaVIPDined on 8/6/2014FOR THE COST I WOULD NOT RETURN. I WAS EXPECTING MUCH BETTER. MY STEAK WAS NOT COOKED AS I REQUESTED AND THE SERVICE WAS VERY SLOW.Special Features:
- SueZQDined on 8/6/2014Would recommend this restaurant to everyone. Each time we've been there, we've never been disappointed. The food and service is always topnotch.Special Features:
- Good, but not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food: Husband's steak was perfect, but strange that steaks don't come with anything (+$10 for a baked potato or some braised mushrooms). My seared scallops were incredibly salty, but the risotto was good. Desserts were excellent. Ambience: So-so. Pretty decor, nice lighting, comfortable chairs, but the table we were at was HUGE (could have easily been a 4-top), and husband and I felt like we couldn't carry on a conversation without shouting. Not a very romantic setting. Service: Somewhat awkward waitress - very attentive, but not knowledgeable about the menu. Had to ask three times for the cocktail menu.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerranchDined on 8/2/2014Return visit - wonderful menu from the Tapas for an appetizer, entree and dessert.Special Features: