5655 W. Valencia Rd
Tucson, AZ 85757Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.casinodelsol.com/tucson-dining/py-steakhouse
- Phone: (520) 324-9350
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: PY Steakhouse Chef de Cuisine, Erik Savin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us customize any experience and any occasion with the world class cuisine prepared by Chef Erik Savin.
- Private Party Facilities: Let Chef Erik Savin customize your menu to enhance your dining experience. Chef Erik will create a dream event for any size group at PY Steakhouse.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Brady 5203249350
- Entertainment: In conjunction with Casino del Sol, PY Steak offers the opportunity to dine before or after world class concerts at AVA Amphitheatre and DJ's at the hotel pool.
- Special Events: Join us throughout the month for wine tastings and dinners at PY. Sol Wine Manager Kevin Brady and his team can create wine pairings any night of the week for you and your guests.
A word from PY Steakhouse
Located in the beautiful and historic Southern Tucson River Valley, PY Steak is a world class Forbes Four Star operation with an international wine list of over 450 selections and world class cuisine. Call General Manager and Sol Wine Manager Kevin Brady, csw to arrange your once in a lifetime experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
PY Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
PY Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)romantic (76)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (50)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Always good , but this time just a little off ....onlygoodfood13Dined on 11/15/2014We have been to PY about 5 times and its always great food, great service , wonderful wines ! However this time my husband and I both noticed more salt in the food, which has never been there prior , I had the Scallops with risotto and my husband had the steak with a side of gorgonzolo potatoes . We had had the pork belly for our app and a calamari salad to share , the food was good just a overall salt experience that we have never had. Blanched who was the server for us that night and previously seemed attentive yet short . Greyson the assistant was very nice and very well spoken . We will go back and I will still tell folks that have not been to go .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014Not only was our food outstanding but our server Phillip and his assistant Alicia made our dining experience very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food qualitynoneDined on 11/8/2014I was disappointed with lobster. Doubt if was 14 oz? Did not have the firmness I expect of lobster, kind of mushy. My wife enjoyed scallops, serving was ample. I might return to try your rack of lamb or veal Oscar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent atmoshpereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I had the 14oz ribeye steak and it was the best in flavor and tenderness. My husband orders the scallop plate and the portion size was perfect. We were able to share and enjoy and nice turf and surf meal for two. We will go again ... perfect for enjoying a special night out with a love one or to just enjoy a excellent dinner out.Special Features:
- AMAZING!BAppleb1Dined on 10/31/2014This was our 4th visit to PY Steakhouse and it's was as amazing as it was on our three prior visits. I've gotten the 14 oz. Sirloin and Smoked Bacon & Green Chile Au Gratin Potatoes every visit and my boyfriend has switched it up with the 22oz PY-T-Bone Signature Steak, PY Signature Seafood Sampler, Fresh Shucked Oysters, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, etc. Everything that we've ordered has been delicious and perfectly cooked to order. The bread sticks and variety of rolls provided are delicious; my favorite roll is the pretzel roll. The service has been stellar and we're looking forward to our next visit to PY. Another positive is that if you hate the smoke in casinos, you can totally bypass it and enter through the hotel instead of the casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Med rareCleanermanDined on 10/28/2014I had the lamb chops one of my favorite meats it was cooked perfect couldn't wait to get to the boneSpecial Features:
- Happy ReturnKlaraCDined on 10/28/2014This is the third time back and this time it was worth the experience. The Early bird special was outstanding. Lots of food and very well prepared. We were very satisfied with all aspects of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceRamjetDined on 10/25/2014Used a $80.00 coupon from living social. Made reservations for a Sat evening. Nice quiet setting, staff was very professional and attentive to our needs. Food was delicious, from the Oysters Casino Del Sol, to the main course and sides. Cooked and seasoned perfectly. Staff recommended a wine to try with our meal and it was spot on! We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatrocktgrlDined on 10/24/2014We had been to PY Steakhouse previously and I had the best steak I have ever eaten at a restaurant so I was eager to return to PY Steakhouse. This time, the steak was tender but flavorless. The filet that I had on our first PY Steakhouse experience had a great rub that made the flavor of the steak stellar and the chef omitted the steak rub on this second visit. I will return because I have a Living Social voucher but, if I did not have the voucher, I would stay home and cook a great filet on the grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!DezertkatDined on 10/22/2014Our experience was top notch from the time we were greeted at the door until the moment we left. The service was wonderful, Oscar was our waiter and did a great job. The food was simply divine and the wine list was extensive. We had a wonderful dining experience and look forward to returning. I highly recommend PY for your special occasion or any occasion really it was just wonderful!Special Features:
- Prime rib nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014The food and service were absolutely perfect! It's simply a rare find and one that keeps us returning.Special Features:
- PY Steakhouse absolutely wonderful!GregSVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our first visit here based on friend's recommendations. I can't possibly relate how impressed we were with the service, the food and the staff. It truly is one of the premier steak houses in the Tucson area. If in the area, do not miss having a meal here.Special Features:
- night out with friendsRobpDined on 10/16/2014as always, the food was awesome----I have not yet had a meal to complain about, however I do wish that for the price it would at least include a side--Special Features:
- FabulousNegativeGDined on 10/11/2014Everything about this place is classy, Excellent friendly and knowledgeable staff. Fantastic, attentive, and courteous service. And the food is amazing! I had the most delicious Lobster tail I've ever tasted, it was South African. My wife had delicious salmon. We shared a wedge salad, grilled baby artichokes, and bacon, green chili, cheese scalloped potatoes. All absolutely delicious. The only bad part of the entire experience, was dealing with OpenTable on my phone. It kept making reservations for days/times other than the ones I chose. I cancelled and retried until I was able to get something close to my desired time. So difficult to use and figure out, I ended up calling in my reservation to make sure it was in.Special Features:
- Great ServicegmlrDined on 10/10/2014The service was excellent, had a very nice dinner experience. Food delicious as well!Special Features:
- Steaks are always consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014Great place to eat. Great steaks, wine and fantastic fancy pants cocktails. Great place for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasently Suprised!ashrkyleDined on 10/4/2014We knew this restaurant was supposed to be good but it went about expectations. Everything was delicious. Make sure to try their Atebellum signature drink!Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodFighterjockDined on 10/3/2014Our first time here and we were celebrating our anniversary. The receptionist, our wait staff (two people), several servers, and the manager; when each stopped by the table they offered congratulations. Our entrées were filet mignons and they were excellent and cooked to our specifications. The side dishes were also excellent but wish we knew how large they were because we would have shared, we had to save room for dessert, the flourless chocolate cake. The wait staff were very attentive but never hovering. All in all a very memorable evening, and we look forward to repeating on special occasions. Thank you. Bob and BettySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service VERY expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We tried this restaurant because we bought a Living Social Deal $40 for $80 worth of food and alcohol. The service was TOP NOTCH, the steak, lobster, bread basket, au gratin potatoe side, and tenderloin appetizer were absolutely delicious and prepared perfectly. I would never go there without a deal because it was $28 for the steak, just the steak, no sides. A little pricey! All in all we would've spent $87 for our meal for two and I would never do that but for those who do the food is very delicious and the staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- This place has gone down hillsjglawDined on 9/27/2014This once was one of tge best places to eat in Tucson. No more. Frozen mushy berries on a creme brulee. A $10 dish derves fresh. Not mushy. Boring desserts...like lava cake. Desserts everyone sells. Not the unique ones they once had. Overcooked steak. Served with bone marrow and a cracker. Wheat breadwith chocolate chips? Yuck. Way too pricey for what you get. $45 steak and no side. Sides $8.50 in too large a portion. My side was cold. The other side overcooked. $137 for two dinners, two sides, one dessert and three wells drinks. Fix price menu gone except for 4-6 pm. That was fairly priced but who eats dinner at 4?. No wonderbtables were only 1/3rd full on a Saturday night.i
- A Pleasant SurpriseGCF1972Dined on 9/25/2014Celebrated my husband's Birthday with a stay at the Casino Del Sol. We are typically Vegas goers but we decided to stay closer to home. PY Steakhouse was the perfect decision. Started with drinks at the bar. Full selection, great Bartender. Hostess very graceful and seated us promptly. Busier did an outstanding job. I wish I had caught his name because he was young and set the bar of hospitality service very high for his generation. Wine selection was great, although they were out of our choice, the Manager brought over an even better option. Thank you!! Ordered Escargot app, amazing! Cesar salads were perfect! Rack of Lamb and my husband's steak were seasoned and cooked to perfection! We will be back! Thank you to all the staff!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Our service was very poor!! I had to ask the host to get us a server. Our dishes were not cleared between courses. Our drinks were not refreshed. This experience was a bit of a bummer. I had celebrated a birthday here a year ago and had the best meal and service. This was not the same experience!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014As our first time at this restaurant, we were more than pleased with the whole dining experience. That includes all the service provided from seating to leaving. The food was well presented and looked great on the different plates. It will be a treat to come back - no matter the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as usualsrcorb22VIPDined on 9/19/2014Can't say enough about PY. We have been here 5 ot six times and each time the experience doesn't let us down. The service is quite attentive, the wait staff are very involved with top notch etiquette. The food is exquisite. And the presentation is a work of art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Food and wine outstanding. Service was excellent. Lovely setting.Special Features:
- Property ManagerrancherDined on 9/12/2014I would highly recommend PY Steakhouse to everyone. we had reservations of 7:15 but arrived early, they seated us right away and the rest of the evening we were treated like we were their only customers .. Our overall dining experience could not have been better, the wine list is one of the finest in this state, attention to small details and the staff should be commended.Special Features:
- jkbkDined on 9/10/2014we were there 6 mos ago for the prime rib nite and I remembered a salad included with the meal that was not included with this one . The meat and potatoe was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broken GemKlaraCDined on 9/10/2014The hostess seated us and informed us that Blanca was going to be our server. Blanca said there was a Prime Rib special and we ordered it cooked medium rare and medium for my husband, she then started to leave when my husband called her back so we could finish our dinner ordering. She then left and we did not see her again until our bill arrived. She never came to ask if our food was ok, it was not because the prime rib and my potato came cold and my husbands prime rib was under cooked to more rare than the medium that he wanted. We tried to get her attention but she was busy talking with the cook staff. Our entire visit was very disappointing with the restaurant and specially with management because no one ever approached our table
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Filet Mignon was very well done instead of rare as requested. Chef did second and was medium rare and was so salty I had to skin it. Really worst steak experience ever.Special Features:
- SERVICE OUTSTANDING100PERCENTREALDined on 9/5/2014A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ OUTSTANDING I LIVE 40 MILES AWAY I WILL DRIVE EVERY TIME TO ENJOY A GREAT MEAL ..Special Features:
- Prime RibDessertDivaDined on 9/3/2014The prime rib with au jus and baked potato was excellent. So was the chocolate bread. What about a soup night or a dessert night or a salad night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Was our first time there. The food was very good. We wanted to order a chocolate molten cake for desert but we were told it would take 30 minutes to prepare it. The waitress said she explained it in the beginning but none of us heard that information so we did not order it.Special Features:
- lovely eveninglove2dineDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food, great service in lovely setting. A place where I'll be sure to go back too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UneatableUnhappyDined on 8/29/2014I was served the veal with crab and asparagus and a sauce. The meat was cooked perfect, the asparagus was raw and not eatable,the crab topping was so salty it to was not eatable. We also had to send back our appetizer.... jumbo shrimp.... because it was over cooked and taste like rubber. They did thankfully give me an allowance for the veal dinner...my wife had scallops and the where very good. It was a very disappointing anniversary dinner for me.Special Features:
- shockedDined on 8/28/2014Steak was good but, what was that 4 inch square piece of bone on a large spoon doing on the plate? Was this for my dog? Crab cakes were terrible; the worst I have ever had. Escargot was in a 3 inch dish with melted butter and the snails just thrown in like soup: terrible. Wait staff was friendly but with apparently no training or experience. Service was the worst in memory. Had to get up twice to get own utensils. Had to go to manager to place order for wine after waiting 10 minutes after food arrived.
- Oasis in the desert2happyfoodiesDined on 8/28/2014Celebrated special occasion. Wait staff was extremely attentive and knowledgeable. Food presentation was understated but inviting...but the food was prepared perfectly. Started with the bacon wrapped fig tapas and smoked pork belly appitizer...very nice. Skipped soup, salad, saving room for entree. Chose Grilled Rack of Lamb with Agave glazed sweet potatoes, Haircot Verts and Black Currant Ancho Chile Demi also Seared Diver Scallops with English Pea Parmesan Rissoto, Saffron Sweet Corn Cream and Crispy Parsnips. All exceeded our expectation...fabulous. Ended the meal with the Souffle de Jour, strawberry and cream...mouthwateringly devine. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starbar RanchStarbarDined on 8/27/2014Met friends for dinner on prime rib night. All our friends had a great meal and the service was excellent. Thank you to Chef Eric for the most delicious and beautiful deserts. Overall a great and fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outjucameDined on 8/23/2014Service and food was very good, would highly recommend, our food was served fast and well cooked! Great place for groups and couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!212LadyDined on 8/23/2014I enjoy this restaurant whenever possible. Upscale but low key and not overly pretentious. The food is always delicious and everyone at our table thoroughly enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/23/2014service was average, food was tasty but average. Waiter asked if we wanted dessert while we were eating our dinner. Service and order of things was out of synch all night