Pusser's Caribbean Grille - Annapolis
80 Compromise Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $30 and under
Pusser's Caribbean Grille - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pussersusa.com/
- Phone: 4106260004x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chef James Eriksen, II
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: When you think of Annapolis, you think about the beauty of the Chesapeake Bay and the allure of history – and only Pusser’s Caribbean Grille and the Annapolis Marriott Waterfront Hotel can offer an intimate combination of both. With 8 spacious meeting rooms, our exclusive waterfront setting provides the perfect ambience for special events as well as for conducting business. We provide a variety of facilities to accommodate all types of events for 10 to 500 guests. All meeting rooms feature high-speed Internet access and state-of-the-art audio visual equipment. With years of experience and extensive knowledge of the local market, the professional staff of Pusser's Caribbean Grille and the Annapolis Marriott Waterfront Hotel offer event planning services, customized menu offerings, and a wide variety of vendor resources to make every event a special one. For your next special event, make it a memorable one at Pusser's and the Annapolis Marriott Waterfront Hotel.
- Private Party Contact: Hilary Moreland 4438371271x
- Entertainment: There is always something exciting going on at Pusser's Caribbean Grille. From dinner specials to live music, fun, promotional events and cooking classes, we're sure to peak everyone's interests! For upcoming events, visit us online at www.pussersusa.com
A word from Pusser's Caribbean Grille - Annapolis
Come and experience the sunshine at Pusser's Caribbean Grille on Annapolis Harbor. This unique, waterfront restaurant, bar and retail store offers a "taste of the Caribbean" featuring freshly prepared Caribbean cuisine, along with taste-tempting Annapolitan favorites, at an exclusive dockside location in the heart of downtown Annapolis. At the dockside bar, you will find a colorful selection of tropical rum drinks, including the infamous "Pusser's Painkiller." Our Company Store offers a wide variety of privately branded tropical and nautical apparel along with an interesting selection of accessories, spices, chutneys and drink mixes. Whether you decide to dine on our waterfront dock, in front of our romantic fireplace, or simply want to pull your boat up to our dockside bar, Pusser’s Caribbean Grille offers the perfect location for a truly unique, and always fun, dining and drinking experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Pusser's Caribbean Grille - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Pusser's Caribbean Grille - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (73)great for outdoor dining (69)good for groups (31)great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (26)great for brunch (24)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (17)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (9)late-night find (9)notable wine list (1)Show More
- LunchbunchDined on 8/23/2014The bar tenders were not very friendly. they seemed stressed and accused us of not being nice to them. We are the customer and we spent a lot of money that night. we were having a fun time and their reaction to us shed a bad light on the bar. the dinner made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodPukeyourfoodupDined on 8/22/2014I had the Crab Cakes, for a Maryland waterfront restaurant they were terrible by far the worst I ever had. I tried both cakes thinking perhaps I got some bad crab meat, it happens but both were terrible. Perhaps a bad night for the Chef, but there is no excuse to put out Crab Cakes in August that were horrible. Being a Maryland resident all my life, I know a fair to good to great Crab Cake these don't even rank.Special Features:
- A mixed bagReginalampertVIPDined on 8/21/2014Drinks were very delicious, and the appetizer we had was small but good. All of our entrees were good-- tropical salad was a little overdressed , but otherwise good. The problem was that all of the desserts were supposedly accompanied by whipped cream, but it turned out that it was cool whip-- ugh. So we spent all that money for desserts that were bad. Service was spotty at best-/ certainly not very professional- and indifferent.Special Features:
- On the WaterJ2P4Dined on 8/17/2014Great food, great view, & great friends. We have been to Annapolis before, but had not eaten at Pusser's - a mistake we will not make again. Oh by the way, you have to get the 15 year rum. The food: we had the Grouper-Oscar dish and the Tuna dish - so fresh it was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, noisy barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great view. Food is just ok, nothing special. There is a noisy bar that is part of the Marriott that can be annoying. The Marriott controls the edge of the water. We sat down to a great view and quiet only to be annoyed by a drunken guy from the bar who wanted his friends to tie up their boat right in front of us. The Marriott dock guy didn't give a dang about diners and we had to deal with this drunken guy and his noisy friends through dinner. People say Annapolis is so beautiful, but the problem with it is at night it's just a big bar scene. Not a romantic restaurant, not great food.Special Features:
- Was dissapointedRockygurlDined on 8/16/2014My family was there at 6 pm for dinner, they said it was an hour and fortyfive minute wait to sit outside so we opted to sit inside by the window (plenty of empty tables) and we noticed some empty tables outside as well. Tables and menus were so sticky I felt like I needed to wash my hands after touching them. When our food came we all realized it was bland, no flavor on every dish and very small portions yet none of us finished our plate. My sister disliked her Cobb salad so much she sent it back! Our waiter was great though he told my sister she could pick a dessert on the house. Basically way over priced for what it isSpecial Features:
- It's a win!TBGDDined on 8/15/2014Took a group of three, all of whom have never been to Pusser's, and we were all extremely satisfied. We arrived slightly early than our reservation, put in for an outdoor table (which is right on Ego Alley/the dock) and was able to get that table by the time our reservation rolled around (on a Friday night, no less.) The bar's cocktails are unique and well done, but were quickly overshadowed by the caliber of the food! All reasonably priced considering the location and having been almost all seafood, which usually runs higher than other dishes. I highly recommend the Shrimp & Grits; sounds boring, but Pusser's puts a wonderful, rich spin on it. I'll be back as soon as possible; I do very much recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FenwickgalFenwickgalDined on 8/10/2014Beautiful night to sit out and watch the boats in the harbor. The drink list is fabulous and the food was excellent. Breakfast was moderate; I had Eggs Benedict and they forgot the sauce on the eggs!! Less calories for me!!Special Features:
- Food, service and what a view!KathieVIPDined on 8/6/2014we really enjoyed stopping here for lunch recently as we had only one day in Annapolis. The bbq caribbean salmon with whipped yams was delicious and I would love the recipe! The only issue (not really an issue) I had is I didnt expect my white wine in a plastic cup. Maybe because we were sitting right on the edge of the water and not in the restaurant. All in all, I would go back and I would recommend friends for sure!Special Features:
- Great SpottjceeDined on 7/29/2014Excellent food. Unbelievable, scenic view. Many of the dockside, water front tables are open seating, so you might have to wait for a while until one opens, but the wait is worth it. Plus, your wait is right next to the bar - win/win.Special Features:
- Nice, but not great!WillingToReturnDined on 7/27/2014The place is nice. The food was a bit over priced for the quality. Portion size was good, but quality could have been much better. Could not make reservations for outside seating which was a downer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whalesDined on 7/27/2014awesome food and view--noisy next to the windows enjoyed our visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The outdoor atmosphere was very nice but the food was mediocre to say the least.Special Features:
- buyhausDined on 7/6/2014The only big problem we had was that we requested a water front table and were confirmed for that from your website.... however, when we got there they told us that they never take reservations for water front tables.............I pressed them on that and showed them the confirmation...... we ended up getting a water front table after a 20 minute wait.........but the attitude of the hostess left alot to be desired...this would not be our first choice again.Special Features:
- Really fun!PinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was our first time at Pusser's. We sat outside overlooking the water and it was awesome. Food was great; a coconut crusted fish sandwich and a special fish wrap. Also had to try a Pusser's Painkiller cocktail, which was terrific. Great place to go for breakfast, lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014My friend and I dined at Pusser's as part of a getaway weekend to explore Annapolis. Despite being told the food wasn't very good by a few people, we really enjoyed our dinner. We were lucky to get a table right on the water in the bar area. Waitress was terrific. I had the crab cakes and they were delicious! My friend had the lobster and loved it - a HUGE lobster for the price. Drinks were good, atmosphere fantastic - I would recommend it and will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Nice View. Decent Food.BstormDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I came here during an overnight trip to Annapolis. After reading reviews, we didn't have super high expectations, but it sounded like a casual fun spot with a good view. All the food was pretty decent and largely portioned. I had the crab cakes and they were nicely done...they weren't lump crab or anything, but the seasoning was nice and there wasn't a ton of filler. My husband had the ribs. They were really flavorful and the meat fell off the bone. And the portion was huge! He couldn't even finish them. The rum drinks are strong and effective. :-) The decor and presentation of the food leaves something to be desired, but our waiter was great and the view was beautiful. I'd say its worth a visit at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Waterfront RestaurantDrKayDined on 6/15/2014Great location on the water; perfect for a "relaxing" day with that special someone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!GTFamilyDined on 6/15/2014I found this restaurant by surfing the web. We are a Caribbean family and are always looking for nice places to eat with good food, ambience and allow us to feel like we are in a Caribbean atmosphere so this restaurant for Father's Day was just the place for us. The food was great and it was on the water, even though we didn't sit outside, we look forward to going back and having lunch or dinner on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long wait timeGoodtimeDined on 6/15/2014Make reservations. We had reservations and still had to wait a long time... Outside bar very crowded with people shoulder to shoulder..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch for Father's DayLovetodineoutDined on 6/15/2014My family and I took my husband here for Fathers Day Brunch 2014...the only highlight to the brunch was the waffle and omelet station. That was pretty much all they offered. There was a fruit bar without much on it and a noodle station that only had penne noodles and not much choices. We've been here before where there was an abundance of food to choose from but this time was a real let down! I don't think we will be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic Brunch BuffetKatGDined on 6/15/2014I was very impressed with the brunch assortment. Omelets, Belgian waffles and pasta dishes made to order, delicious baked goods and standard breakfast fair. Plus non-brunch eaters could order off their full menu. Everything was delicious, worth the money and our service was wonderful. This is definitely on our list to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Celebrated Fathers Day with The Brunch. Very very nice time!Special Features:
- Great view!MAPNDined on 6/15/2014Great view of Annapolis waterfront - nice for lunch!Special Features:
- Great brunchmysteryeaterDined on 6/15/2014Had a wonderful brunch on the glassed in porch. Friendly and accommodating to our toddler. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- One of the few places on the waterBarryDined on 6/12/2014Had a great time with family & friends. Unfortunately, we had torrential rain, so our visitors from Wisconsin were not able to enjoy the views of Ego Alley. However, food and atmosphere was great and everyone enjoyed the crab cakes and tropical drinks. It's always one of our favorite places to take out-of-town guests.Special Features:
- Great experienceMomOfTwoDined on 6/11/2014Service was excellent. Food was great. The oysters and calamari were very good. Best crab cakes I've ever had and the steak was very tender. We had creme brûlée and brownie sundae for dessert, both were delicious. My husband and I had a wonderful date night. We love sitting outside next to the water and watching the boats, as well as the ducks.Special Features:
- One Order and she messed it upKJBrennan73Dined on 6/8/2014The 4 others had the brunch buffet. I ordered from the menu (gut buster burger) and said NO ONIONS and she still messed it up. The view is amazing here but the service and food are below average. Pussers really needs to step it up. Also she didn't refill my coffee as much as I wanted and seemed irritated when I asked for refill.Special Features:
- Vibrant SpotMarioDined on 6/7/2014I asked my buddy for a fun spot for an early dinner in Annapolis on our recent trip, and he recommended here. It's great for an open-air drink and a meal that'll make you feel like you're on vacation. It gets pretty busy as the evening goes on and they don't take reservations for the deck -- only inside -- so you should get here early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014This place has fanstastic drinks and a great view and that is about it. They told us our reservation was not valid and had to wait an extra 45 min for a table outside. They were snotty and rude and poor service all around.Special Features:
- Great dining locationannapolisfirstDined on 5/31/2014Dining at Pusser's was recommended to us and it was a great experience. We had drinks and appetizers on the water. The view really set the tone for a relaxing evening!Special Features:
- Food was the best!kristytDined on 5/31/2014All the food was great! The prices were very reasonable. The management and server were very nice and attentive. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Wonderful evening. Food and service was best! Parking was the only bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic diningGrizzlernDined on 5/28/2014Great spot for lunch, dinner, or happy hour. May not be the best spot for quiet romantic dinner or for young children. Overall a very beautiful waterfront hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnDined on 5/25/2014This was our first time at Pussers. We arrived 20 minutes early for our reservation and they were able to seat us indoors. We would not have been able to sit outside 20 minutes later, so we sat down. The service was great. The food was also terrific however, they ran out of shrimp and oysters just before we were about to place our orders. To us that was huge; how does a restaurant with so many shrimp options, so well established and located on the water run out of shrimp? I ordered the mahi mahi and my husband got the salmon. Both were wonderful!! We would go back, but again how does a restaurant like this run out of shrimp at 7:00?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bouncers think they are policebewareofbouncersDined on 5/25/2014We were a group of four and one of our friends was physically assaulted by your bouncers. He will be pressing charges and filing complaints with management and hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice brunchDLLLDined on 5/25/2014I was there for Sunday Brunch......Great for brunch, great selection something for everyone. The food was very good. Service was a little slow but very pleasant. Definitely recommend sitting outside if you can. I would put this on the list for a visit to Annapolis.Special Features:
- Poor food but Great locationConservativedinerDined on 5/24/2014You can't expect very much from a place with this location so it's just "ok" in the food department. The service was suffering a bit this last time I was there, but it was a holiday weekend, to their defense. Not for foodies, but good for tourists because of location IF you can get outside seating.Special Features:
- Very Good with only a minor gripe.NaptownLocalDined on 5/24/2014The Positives: As always, Pussers has a great indoor atmosphere, fantastic outdoor view, good food, good drinks. We're downtown locals, and we regularly bring out-of-town friends to Pussers because it really shows beautiful downtown Annapolis. Prices are pretty much what you'd expect from a waterfront establishment in DTA, but the drinks aren't skimpy, so no complaints.Special Features:
- Fun TimesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014Me and the wife went there and we really enjoyed ourselves. The wife has embraced a new vegan lifestyle and the Pusser's was very accommodating. Serve was great and the food came out in record time. I will be visiting again soon.Special Features: