507 E 6th Street
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.purplegingernyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 228-9688
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:30pm - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:30am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour
A word from Purple Ginger
Our restaurant offers a wide array of authentic Thai dishes, ranging from traditional dishes such as Chicken Salad, Beef Salad to new style entrees such as Sambal Shrimp, Grilled Lamb Chop. Try our food and service today. Come in for a Thai Lunch Special or during evenings for a delicious dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Purple Ginger reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice PlaceKOWthoughtsDined on 8/21/2014I'm usually gushing over restaurants, but this was just nice. Aesthetics were very pleasing, the food was nice. We were the only ones in there. Maybe that had something to do with it. It was a Thursday evening, but we're talking about the LES here, so I'm not sure that's an excuse. Our waiter said it was strange that they were empty for so long. When we left four more persons came in. I enjoyed myself, but that was partly due to my company. Give it a whirl still, as it could very well have been an off-night for Purple Ginger. Great name by the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the Purple Ginger reviews archive.
- Great for vegetariansGoodfoodVIPDined on 5/1/2014Really good food. Lots of options for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai find in the East VillageStephanieDined on 7/14/2013My friend and I found PG through Open Table and decided to give it a try since it was close. We went for dinner at around 6pm. It was the loveliest experience! We started with Thai Iced Teas, which came in tall glasses and were perfectly sweet. We ordered the Purple Ginger entree and the Kee Mao. Both were delicious, although I personally liked the Kee Mao more because it was more flavorful. The place is on one of the less busy streets so this is definitely a good find. The waiter couldn't have been more attentive. Overall this was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Ok food, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2013This place was alright. The food wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, but the server was very personable and courteous. However, he failed to properly discuss the ingredients in one dish that we ordered and we had to send it back to have the raisins in the seafood fried rice removed. He was more than happy to have this done so I give them points for that. He was also engaging and kind, so they have that going for them.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance but not great food!FunTeachersDined on 4/23/2013The appetizers were better than the entrees. We had the mango duck, and the duck was so tough. It was dry, meaning the duck was old. We also a Thai pad thai noodle dish. It was kind of bland. We had better pad thai dishes. The appetizers were much fresher.Special Features: