1161 N. Lawrence Expressway
Sunnyvale, CA 94089Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.puroperurestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4087340209
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday 11:30AM-3:00PM Tuesday- Friday 11:30AM - 3:00PM Saturday : 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Sunday: 12:00PM - 4:00PM Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM Saturday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM Sunday: 4:00PM - 8:00PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, South American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for details. 1(408) 734 0209
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: PURO PERU 4087340209
A word from Puro Peru
Calm ambiance and great tasting food can all be experienced at PURO PERU. Enjoy our house-blended Sangria or Beer & Wine. Here we keep all traditional Peruvian ingredients and incorporate them into our modern creations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Puro Peru reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food was really good andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013The food was really good and they let us watch and take pictures of the chef cooking. The waitress was perfect - friendly, prompt and took great care of us. We went for a small birthday group and talked about coming back to try other items on the menu only to find out it was the last night the restaurant would be open. Our waitress suggested another Peruvian restaurant in downtown San Jose called Nazca.
- Ceviche is Off The Hook!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2013The ceviche mixto was off-the-hook great! The tacu tacu was good but I would've liked a little more richness of the flavors that were in the disk....and a little heat, too! But is was very good and the service was excellent!
- While the outside is nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013While the outside is nothing to recall, this restaurant was wonderful. It was pretty quiet, so our table of 8 was ready to go when we arrived. Most things were fairly ordinary about the restaurant, but the food was fabulous! We enjoyed every dish (all sampling a bit of each other's) and will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Place was just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Went in for Valentine's Day and it was busy but owner didnt think of adding extra help. Took a while to ge the food and felt bad for the server; he was so busy. Food was okay. Ordered the dish with the steak and egg (sorry forgot the name). My girlfriend got the chicken fried rice. We also had the Tamal as an appetizer. Couldn't really distinguish tastes and therefore the food was kind of boring. Overall this is a good place to go to for lunch or dinner if you're just dining casually.
- Really delicious food. I wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2013Really delicious food. I wasn't planning on a big meal, but everything was so delicious I just kept eating! Only drawback is strip-mall location (although parking was easy), but great for evening or casual dinners.Special Features:
- Good food, attentive serviceMarybelleanneVIPDined on 1/29/2013My husband and I went for a late lunch, and they had run out of their lunch special. So, go early if you want to order their special of the day. Food was great. Attentive service.Special Features:
- I read a review that the resturantRseguraDined on 1/29/2013I read a review that the resturant should not be judged by the location or outside appearance and they were right. Looking frward to returning.Special Features:
- Excellent food, the ceviche,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Excellent food, the ceviche, and tiradito were deliciousSpecial Features:
- Great food, just a terribleowenlmrVIPDined on 12/7/2012Great food, just a terrible location. Once your inside you forget you are in a strip mall
- A surprising cuisine done very wellSJCRussellDined on 10/26/2012This is a great family restaurant. They really know their food and their cerviche dishes are truly wonderful. Somehow I never seem to get beyond the appetizers as I order a bunch to share, to get the variety of flavors on offer.Special Features:
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2012The food was good but the service was atrocious. It was as if the servers had never served before. It wasn't crowded, but we had to wave the waiter down everytime we wanted anything.Special Features:
- Clean restaurant with asideOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 9/18/2012Clean restaurant with aside choice of foods. Food was good and service fair. Place was empty on a Wednesday night. We will return and try rest of food. May try a weekend.
- Don't miss this one.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2012Delicious, authentic Peruvian food. Fantastic spot.Special Features:
- Surprising nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2012Surprising nice restaurant with very good food, reasonably priced, in an unassuming neighborhood. High;y recommended and I certainly will return and introduced Puro Peru to my friends.Special Features:
- Humble but earnest dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/20/2012We don't know anything about Peruvian food but what we were served here was tasty. The dessert alone sent us online to find out more on the lucuma used in the ice-cream.
- The location was a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012The location was a little difficult to get to. Which may have been the fault of my phone's navigation. My biggest disappointment was that they did not have mineral sparkling) water. The food, on the other hand, tasted great. The wait staff was very attentive.
- Good localAKFineVIPDined on 4/30/2012Had a very good meal. Great service. There were 4 of us and every dish and appetizer was very good. Good Peruvian beer and wine as well.Special Features:
- I am peruvian and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012I am peruvian and the food that was served at this place was great. There were different type of plates that I havent seen but still great at that. I went with family and they were impressed at the variety.Special Features:
- Poor service. Very littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2012Poor service. Very little attention from waiter and he even walked away from ud while we were still talking to him. The food wasn't even restaurant quality and it tasted very bland and American. Definitely not a date place as there were kids everywhere and the lights were very bright. The candle on our table wasn't even lit. Not worth the money at all. Will not go back.
- I'd go back, we had an enjoyableMikeVIPDined on 2/14/2012I'd go back, we had an enjoyable time, the food ranged from spectacular to not so good depending on what was ordered. Service left something to be desired, was constantly having to ask for water and wine....
- Great Food!ZozoDined on 1/28/2012It's in a hard to find spot but the food was delicious. The restaurant was able to accommodate a group of 12 at 830 that night and the food came out promptly.Please note that diners can peak into the kitchen and so that noise can carry into the dining room but it's nothing unmanageable.Special Features:
- Good standard Peruvian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011Puro Peru is located at the end of a strip mall in Sunnyvale. It is not where I would normally expect to find this type of restaurant. Once we stepped inside, we were pleased with the appearance. This inside was very clean and looked more upscale than the rest of the strip mall. When we arrived at 7:00 p.m. on a Saturday, the restaurant was almost empty, and it stayed that way throughout our meal. The menu features typical Peruvian dishes--anticuchos, jaleas, cuasa rellena, etc. The portions were generous, but the prices were by no means a bargain. The food was good, and if you like Peruvian food, you'll like this.Special Features:
- This place is good to comeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2011This place is good to come back and try the whole menu. Despite that they have a new chef, the food flavors were good and typical of Peruvian food.Special Features:
- Reasonable food - but poor ambienceStephenDined on 11/19/2011Interesting and tasty Peruvian cuisine but served without any interest by staff who had no clue as to how serve with style or enthusiasm. Ambience was awful - a large sparsely furnished room brightly lit with tables reminiscent of a university campus dining hall - and not a very nice one at that.
- Excellent ceviche; ambiancemtrxptDined on 11/3/2011Excellent ceviche; ambiance is better fit for lunch.Special Features:
- Way off on everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/14/2011They served wrong cold appetizer and the same time as the hot entree, so we had to choose which to eat first and there was hardly any room on the table. The chicken filet was dry and sat on top of fresh fries, which sat on top of rice! Way too much carbs with a drybpiece of chicken. The Peruvian chardonnay wine was actually light green to the color and did not taste well enough to charge $40 for the bottle. The service was not friendly enough. The TV was blasting Peruvian rapp music and we had to ask them to turn it down even though we were the first customers in the room.
- Food was excellent. Nice restaurantTonyDined on 9/22/2011Food was excellent. Nice restaurant hidden in a strip mall, quite a surprise. No crowd, sort of a hidden secret. Definitely would return.Special Features:
- I think the food can be reallyTwinsMomVIPDined on 9/15/2011I think the food can be really fantastic if you ordered the right thing.. my dish arroz con mariscos was excellent! Great & unique taste... However, on the other hand, my husband tried the Bietec a lo probre and it was boring, overpriced (lots of rice & french fries, with three pieces of thinly sliced beef, for $15!!) If we go back, I'll definitely have that Arroz con Mariscos again..Special Features:
- The food here can be quitecurryqDined on 8/27/2011The food here can be quite good (cau cau de mariscos) or just okay (lomo saltado). Certainly the portions are small for the average price of $13. The ambience is elegant, which is surprising for the strip-mall setting. It's worth a look.Special Features:
- Very good food and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2011Very good food and good service. Everything we had was good, including the snack (some sort of roasted and salted corn) It's a large enough place to handle a big group, but I didn't ask what their maximum is. Just a tip: If you Google the restaurant's name, the Google map is wrong. If you search for the actual address or look at the restaurant's website, the map is correct.Special Features:
- Several guests had difficultyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2011Several guests had difficulty finding the location. The restaurant is a bit hidden. However, the staff was helpful in giving directions over the phone.Special Features:
- The food was way too saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/22/2011The food was way too salty (we had a group of six people and everybody was of the same opinion. Menu is not very interesting and definitely not what I thought peruvian food menu would be like... lots of fried rice and 'soy sauce' dishes. The restaurant was pretty empty but the service was still slow. However, the wait staff was nice and polite.Special Features:
- Price was too high for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2011Price was too high for food quality, service was TERRIBLE, had to beg to be given menu's and water (after 15 minutes of waiting), and then when water came out, asked for menu's, and finally prompted the servers to take our order (no initiative?) Took another hour on top of that to get the food, and both our appetizer and main course came out at the same time. Might be a good place to go if you miss south american cooking (though I'm no expert), the price was not appropriate for the food quality or service.
- Authentic Peruvian cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2011Authentic Peruvian food especially the ceviche. Fresh and tangy as it should be. Enjoyed our experience. Hope more people discover it in it's tucked-away spot in a strip mall. We had lunch on Saturday and there was only 1 other couple there, and 1 customer who ordered "to go".Special Features:
- Service has to be the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2011Service has to be the worst I have ever experienced. There were too many items on the menu that weren't available.
- The food was delicious, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2011The food was delicious, the service was not that good due to the fact that there was only one server there and it got crowded very quickly. If you had enough servers I don't believe there would have been any problems. Food was nice and hot. Can't wait to bring my husband to the restaurant.Special Features:
- We had them serve us familyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2011We had them serve us family style which was great because we had a chance to try many things on the menu. It was all well prepared and presented. We reordered our favorites and they came out quickly. Ceviche de Mixto, Lomo Saltado, and Pulpo al Olivo where favored by all.Special Features:
- It was first time to try PeruvianOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/31/2011It was first time to try Peruvian food, and we went for an array of appetizers. They were all very fresh and tasty, we are still trying to decide which was our favorite.Special Features:
- I was looking for good southOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2011I was looking for good south american restaurants in the south bay on yelp and open table for my anniversary dinner. When we drove up, my wife and I were a little concerned because it's in a strip mall and doesn't look very special outside. Undeterred, we went in and got our table. The menu is not big, but what we ordered (bistec a lo povre and some other dishes) was very good. The green hot sauce on the table really gave the beef a good kick. We really enjoyed the place - the food was greatand at a great price -- but it's probably not a great spot for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- It was a nice surprise toOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/13/2011It was a nice surprise to find white table cloths in a strip mall neighborhood restaurant. The food was good, the staff was friendly. The Peruvian juices and sangria were great. I would definitely go back.Special Features: