707 US Highway 46
Parsippany, NJ 07054Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pureparsippany.com/
- Phone: 9733317873x
- Hours of Operation:
Starting February 2014.
Sunday - Wednesday 4pm to 11pm
Thursday - Saturday 4pm to 2am
Brunch:Sunday:11am to 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pure
Steak, Seafood and Sushi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pure reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)vibrant bar scene (20)fit for foodies (17)romantic (14)hot spot (11)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not a good findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I tried Pure last Saturday evening. We enjoy a good meal and eat out enough to know what one is. THIS WAS NOT! Hostess: not pleasant Service: extremely slow Food: not good (appetizers ok part of the meal) Atmosphere: Pick-up joint, not good for diningSpecial Features:
- Would return againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014This is the second time we have visited and would definitely return again. The crab cake appetizer was superb, perhaps the best crab cakes we have ever eaten. The food service was a little on the slow side, but the waiters, waitresses and bus staff were excellent.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris' prices poor qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We will not return It is loud though there were few people The staff seemed confused The table that was seated after us managed to get drinks and bread before we even saw a waitress. I started with the Braised Short Rib Steamed Bun $10, the bun was a cold dinner roll and if you totaled all the meat on all three it would not equal the meat on an Arby's Jr. roast beef $1.19. For dinner I had the Ribeye Bone In $38, the food arrived via busboy and was cold upon arrival at the table. We did have the opportunity to speak with what I assume was the manager who was very apologetic and offered us a free drink but that by no way makes up for cold $38 entrees. We did fair better then the table across from us who never got their $100 appetizer.
- Lost our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014We booked for 8:30 p.m. through open table, arrived at 8:40 and were told that they didn't have a reservation for us, so we'd have to wait. We waited about 10 minutes (I'm 8 months pregnant by the way..) and were seated. I asked for bread immediately and was told 10 minutes later there just wasn't any bread left. After ordering our sushi appetizers and fire and ice shrimp and our entree to share, they bring out the special sushi roll which is missing half of the ingredients that are listed on the menu(this is the konjan roll, veggie @$13). Apparently their sushi chef did not have the ingredients for the roll, so just left them out and failed to tell the waitress, hence failed to tell us. The manager waived the cost of the sushi for us.
- Good, just not greatMaps1102Dined on 9/24/2014Our dining experience was good. The restaurant itself is very nice. The staff is friendly. And the food is good. Yet, not good enough for the prices. That being said, we did not have any sushi, so I can not speak for that. Yet, we did have the mussels & clams Sofrito. We were told that they were out of clams & it would just be mussels. Ok, as long as we still got a decent amount. Eh, not as many as I thought being there was no clams & the mussels themselves were disgracefully small. However, the sauce was to die for. Entrees were good, I had the lobster & my hubby had the shrimp. Shared the fingerling potatoes, pretty good. The bar area was pretty packed & the drinks we ordered were delish. Overall, it was nice, but not worth the price.Special Features:
- Great steaksGreatDined on 9/19/2014The all the food is great, I eat diner at Pure every two weeks and the food is fantastic everytime. My only complaint is the Mangement doesn't seem to have a clue and they seem change little things everytime, which always has a ripple affect, making each time a little different and not in a good way. It is only a matter of time before it affects the quality of the food and then I will have to find a new place. It's a shame, people can't leave great aloneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full service barFeedme2Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great and presentation was outstanding - the wine list was disappointing and the beers listed on the menu were not available - there was not one IPA offered. The wait staff read off a list of what was offered but as they were all bottled there was no chance for a preview 'taste' Pure needs to get some more up to date draft beers to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-service is not so much!kikiDined on 9/12/2014Food from appetizer to entree it was wonderful, the service is just always horrible! They all seemed confused, and bicker with each other in front of the customers! Also, we asked for ice water and we were brought out Voss (and charged $8 for it I may add) That was a little irritating. Also, the hostess at the front was lovely.Special Features:
- There was a very creatove menu.BalaboosterDined on 9/1/2014Most of what we had was inventive and delicious. The crispy cuck confit, the calamari, the sushi rolls and the raw bar were wonderful. The only disappointment was the shrimp yakisoba whossse noodles were unpleasantly sweet. Gog for appetizers and entrees. Sitting in Pure, you almost fthink you're in Manhattan and not Parsippany.Special Features:
- Hot SpotLaLizDined on 8/30/2014This place is something you would expect to find in NYC. Beautiful decor, nice lounge music, great atmosphere. Food is pricey but good. Not great but good. Our waitress was very attentive. Great service. I would definitely go back for drinks and dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tallDined on 8/30/2014There are a lot of options on the menu and tastes of the food were goodSpecial Features:
- Food was over priced and terriblesandyDined on 8/23/2014Kids sliders were unedible! The appetizers were just ok and the steaks were tasteless for the price. The hanger steak was a glorified overpriced london broil. I would never get this again!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Great food, but as it is a bit pricey, the portions should be a little larger.Special Features:
- Inconsistent?LLKLVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our food was lukewarm and the service was lacking, but we we've had excellent meals here in the past. Maybe it was an off night... Drinks/bar was great and sushi was excellent as an appetizer.Special Features:
- Over priced pretentiousFirstandLastDined on 8/16/2014Food was wonderful- Atmosphere and wait staff are too full of themselves Prices are off the chart - $7.00 to add caramelized onions to a steak!!!!!!!!!!!! Drink service was very slow.Special Features:
- A must-try restaurantRolap627Dined on 8/9/2014Nice menu. Sushi was very fresh and fried calamari was tender and just the right amount of sauce. If you don't want to go for an expensive bottle if wine, wine by the glass is reasonable. Nothing negative to say. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traps21Dined on 8/2/2014All in all pretty good restaurant. A little on the pricey side. Service was excellent and the good came out very quick. Would recommend for a date or a big group. The only issue I had was it was really loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst kitchen service. Good fooddek116VIPDined on 7/28/2014If you can wait two hours for your meal AFTER you wait to order, then go here. The food is very good. If you don't have ALL night, don't go.
- Steak and winefood4thoughtDined on 7/26/2014I've been wanting to try out Pure for a while now and finally got the chance to do so when my bf had a steak craving! We enjoyed out experience at Pure. Service was good, nice decor and tasty food. We ordered the cheeseboard for app and steak and fried rice for dinner. Cheeseboard had about 6-8 different cheeses and olives. Portions were decent size. I would go to this spot for special occasions ESP bday celebrations as this place turns into a club/lounge after ten pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music to loudRobertVIPDined on 7/16/2014Live music way too loud. Sexing time there and veal chop was best I ever had. Seems to me like they don't know what they want to be a restaurant or a club. Although the musician was good, you do not necessarily want to listen to Jimmy Hendrix while you are enjoying dinner with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor seating was nice.RkaraDined on 7/5/2014The outdoor seating was nice. The waitress was very helpful and attentive. The tuna tartare app was excellent. Two of us had the sea bass. It was just ok.
- Food and Service Great!!!!!RobertVIPDined on 7/4/2014Very Nice restaurant drove by it a 100 times and finally decided to try. Service was outstanding especially Danielle she was awesome. Food was outstanding so the entire experience was quite delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Bought a Groupon for our 1st visit. Crab cakes app: great flavor, lots of crab, little breading. A bit greasy, hubby said they weren't- perhaps it's because I rarely eat fried foods. Had the halibut entrée (potato crusted on one side, served over bok choy). Portion size of fish was HUGE, greens minimal (would've preferred the opposite). However, entrée had great flavor. Hubby ordered veal chop and commented it was a little fatty. Service was attentive & helpful. Note-I ordered a vodka drink with two limes, but got only one. Am a stickler for attention to detail & in the service industry, one should receive what she orders. Overall, a good experience and will likely return, though prob only w/ a Groupon, as it would be pricey w/out one.
- PureFrequentfisheaterDined on 6/20/2014Pure is a fabulous dining experience. I'm definitely going back!Special Features:
- fine diningdiner07Dined on 6/15/2014We've always passed by this restaurant and we finally decided to give it a try for father's day. The food overall was good although a little pricey which means this is only good for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great DinnerdiningokDined on 6/13/2014The food and service were excellent. First time dinning here and would definitely return. A great variety on the menu to satisfy everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantgreatplaceDined on 6/4/2014Food was great, servers were great, they have outside seating which was also great. Unfortunately car traffic is a bit distracting, maybe placing a wall of some kind to block the noise might help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Pure reviews archive.
- Good, not outstandingSLF54321Dined on 5/31/2014Filet and asparagus were good. Potatoes tasted like boxed mashed. Service was very good. I had the double dirty martini and it was weak. My second regular martini tasted like all olive juice. I tried the jalapeno margarita (because I like jalapeno tequila) but it tasted like whisky sour mix and again, weak. Sent it back. I had avocado salad and that was good with crab meat.Canadian oysters good. My husband's swordfish was very good. He liked his assorted ice cream and we also had gelato cake. Was fine. I really expected more from this place after reading reviews. For the prices they charge the food should've been 5 star quality. Was not outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2014Good looking place Management was Very accommodating with giving us the table we wanted Bus and wait staff a bit disorganized; brought out bread after appetizers My wife's diver scallops were filled with what seemed like sand or shells and of course my bite had a piece the size of a small pebble in it I let the waitress know to inform the kitchen so other diners would not have the same problem She offered to bring a new order of scallops but I was reluctant to try it again since all the scallops had sand Years ago, it would have been taken off the check or at least an offer of coffee, desert or a drink but nothing The room was impressive for New Jersey so we might give it another chanceSpecial Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Very friendly and helpful staff. Food was delicious and made exactly how we asked. Wide variety of drink selection and a trendy atmosphere. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveTheEatsDined on 5/7/2014Second time there, and will be recommending this to all out-of-town visitors. I'm a Holiday Inn Priority Club member (Platinum level), so I stay at a LOT of Holiday Inns around the country, but none of them have a restaurant as nice as PURE attached to them. At our table we had a sashimi plate, a veal chop, and three fillets, and everyone was very happy with their meal. Your Wednesday wine deal will have me back there very soon.Special Features:
- Rocking place but poor service!FoodLoverDined on 5/2/2014The place is great, ambience is really nice, food is AMAZING! BUT..the service is quite bad..our waitress seemed so pushy.. It seemed like she wanted us to leave ASAP.. did not have a smile on her face..Wasn't friendly at all! However, we later sat at the bar and the bar tender Paula was amazing! She was so nice n made us feel so comfortable! I would definitely go back for the food n sitting at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceChristmasbaby64Dined on 4/26/2014Overall a very nice dining experience. The wine list is very limited to mostly unknowns. Our waiter was very attentive and the restaurant was nice and quiet, but we did eat at a very early hour. Not sure how it would be later on when more crowded. The Chilean Seabass was delicious! I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I have been there twice in the last two weeks, once for lunch, once for dinner. Every bit as good as anything in NYC in terms of food and presentation. Wait staff very friendly and accommodating. Definitely enjoyed a drink at the bar before going to table. Eclectic decor. Will be stopping in again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth going!mutz21Dined on 3/29/2014Went with friends for dinner, and had a great time. The atmosphere was comfortable. The service was good. Nice waitress. The food was delicious! Not one complaint from any of us, from appetizers to desert. Portion weren't bad, prices were reasonable. Can't remember being at a Resturant like this in this area. Looking forward to going back. We didn't go to the bar afterwards so I can't say anything about it, but looking forward to it next time. Place was filling up when we left. I do recommend going even though you gotta get kinda of dressed up for the place. I don't like getting dressed up but the place is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great place!sally724Dined on 3/22/2014Pure is absolutely amazing. The atmosphere and vibe was so chic, the service was out of this world, and the food and drinks were spectacular. I can't wait to get back there! Pure is a must for any occasion because it's an experience beyond compare. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just So So...NJDinerDined on 3/21/2014As the title states this place just ok. I found after four vodka and club sodas that the drinks were rather weak as I did not even have a slight buzz. The food was either muddled in thick sauce or as in the case of my Pad Thai chicken, a blob of over cooked noodles and sauce. In a Pad Thai dish the ingredients should all be identifiable with fresh basil and some heat. Not the case here. No stand outs here as our guests had a filet Mignon which was over cooked but requested medium. In all, the location may be best for group gatherings and a few drinks as a DJ music becomes loud at 10pm. Don't go for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findPurefanDined on 3/11/2014I have dined at Pure twice and have thoroughly enjoyed both occasions. The food is young, fresh, clean american food with a mix of sushi and steakhouse fare. The ambiance is crisp, clean and hip, yet comfortable enough for a family. I went with family my first time and a friend the next. Great find in the middle of Parsippany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014The night's service did not start off too well. Did not receive a menu until we sat down for 15 minutes and it took 20 minutes to get our first drink, martins, to arrive at our table. But the service did improve after that hiccup. The food was good. I had the seared scallops which were done perfectly and very tasty. My gf had the sea bass which was good not great. We split the clams and mussel soffrito appetizer whuch was a bit too creamy and the mussls a bit to small. Overall the food was good but the price for the meal was high for just good food and not great. $126 without tip for two entrees, one appetizer, 4 martinis and one espresso is high if my taste buds are not going to be thrilled.Special Features:
- Pure PleasureRon3Dined on 3/7/2014We decided to try Pure on a Friday night. The bar was crowded and noisy but sounded like everyone was having a good time. We had reservations and were seated immediately. We were approached by our server right away. Drinks were very good. Service was attentive and the food was also very good. Three of us had soups, one a spring roll appetizer. We were all pleased. We enjoyed the hanger steak, short ribs and the shrimp and pasta dish. We were a little hesitant to go because of some negative reviews but found them unfounded during our experience. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features: