707 US Highway 46
Parsippany, NJ 07054Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pureparsippany.com/
- Phone: (973) 331-7873
- Hours of Operation:
Starting February 2014.
Sunday - Wednesday 4pm to 11pm
Thursday - Saturday 4pm to 2am
Brunch:Sunday:11am to 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pure
Steak, Seafood and Sushi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pure reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (28)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (20)good for groups (17)romantic (17)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Pure was a great overall experience! The food wasNewFavoriteRestaurantDined on 11/21/2014to die for, everything was tasty and fresh. The most notable would have to be the Short Rib Dumpling appetizer. It was flavorful, tender, rich, and it made me want more! 5 stars overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, indifferent serviceDavidandroseVIPDined on 11/18/2014Came here on a whim staying in a nearby hotel. Holiday Inn location seemed odd, but the restaurant decor and vibe is young/trendy (think W hotels). Place nearly empty at 830 on a Tuesday. Ordered several apps among 4 of us and all were good or vg, though not outstanding - spicy shrimp, tune trinity, spring rolls, yellow tail. Dinner rolls dry and inedible. Ordered a pricy bottle of wine, took 20 mins to bring it out, and they NEVER refilled our glasses. Water refilled once during a 90 min dinner, and again as we paid our check. Entrees were good - filets were solid quality and prepared as requested, pork chop was excellent, seafood ordered was enjoyed. All in all the food is ok, though the menu (steak, seafood, pan-asian) is disjointed. Service was the real problem here, and could be fixed with training and a manager who inspects what s/he expects. I'd return again but write them off if the service was unchanged.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findHojoDined on 11/14/2014A nice find, never would have considered a place attached to a Holiday Inn, but well worth it. Nice modern decor, with an Asian twist in the decorations. Our waiter was fabulous, he explained everything well, and the one thing he was not sure about, he checked with the chef. Nice new expanding wine list, NYC wine list prices, but the food was appropriate for a higher end restaurant in NJ. It is the kind of place you would normally find in Morristown, but away from the rush, and ample parking. We had appetizers, then sushi, everything was fresh and tasty, and we left satisfied with the portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food! Good service.StanBDined on 11/2/2014This was our second time dining here. We were not disappointed! The food was delicious and well prepared. The portions were generous. The waitstaff was very attentive, while we did not feel rushed. If you are in the Parsippany area, I highly recommend you give Pure a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might need to give it another tryWoodsDined on 11/1/2014This was our first time dining here so some of the things we didn't care for might not be chronic issues. On the plus side was the general decor (updated and modern), the cocktail menu and the dinner menu (great variety of items to choose from). On the not so good list was the location of our table (stuck against a wall on display at the end of the room), the food itself was "over flavored" (at least the stir fry dish we had was) and the surrounding tables were all complaining about the service (we did okay - our server was good, but he indicated that he was just helping someone else, so maybe he wasn't handling as many parties). Our dessert was very good - banana bread pudding with special gelato but canned whipped cream :-(Special Features:
- Saturday Night Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Loud club music at 7p.m. was horrible, not organized.
- Check your bill carefully!!!luv2eatDined on 10/24/2014Unfortunately, what would have been a nice meal was ruined by poor service. When the bill came I was surprised to see an extra charge for my drink for the ice and the brandy had an extra charge for the snifter it came in. When I questioned the waiter he first tried to pass it off as nothing and said it was included in the price of the drink which wasn't true. At this point a manager came to the table. Instead of apologizing for the charge, she was extremely rude and actually said it was normal to be charged for ice and a glass. As someone that likes to eat out, I could have easily become a repeat customer, but I refuse to be ripped off with nickel and dime charges and then treated like a problem when I caught them. I will not go back !
- Great findFoodie4lifeDined on 10/24/2014This was my first visit to Pure. The service was great our waitress was very attentive but we never felt rushed or bothered. The sushi was also good and we especially enjoyed the sangria martinis. We will definitely be back for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishVIPDined on 10/21/2014Food was very good and our server tried very hard to please . Delivery of food was uneven . The restaurant wasn't that busy so the slow delivery was surprising.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJPayenDined on 10/4/2014This was my first time dining at Pure. The service was excellent and the food was amazing!!!! Everything I ordered was prepared to perfection! The decor and atmosphere was very chic. I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a joy!NJDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014It was our second visit to Pure. My friend and I had amazing experience back in February and decided to come back for dinner. Pure was fantastic. We ordered cucumber ginger martinis which were really good. We decided to have appetizers since the desserts sounded great. Seafood tacos were good, as well as salmon tartar. For dessert we had Noir Chocolate fondue with fruits and strawberries- would definitely recommend, as it nicely rounds up the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceMikeDined on 9/28/2014Usually I don't write reviews. This is the 5th time I went to Pure and the past 4 were awesome. This time was not. They have a huge beer list. I went to order one and the server came back saying they were out. I said another beer and the waiter said "we are out about 50% of them". Next I order a seaweed salad. Waiter comes back they are out of seaweed. So I order the same salad as my girlfriend. She had it last time and it had beautiful presentation and avocados which she loved on the side. The salad came and it looked like it was served in the prep dish and no presentation and no avocados. I'm assuming they were also out of avocados since a couple next to is ordered an avocado salad and told the waiter there were no avocados.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good findKBBluv2eatDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I tried Pure last Saturday evening. We enjoy a good meal and eat out enough to know what one is. THIS WAS NOT! Hostess: not pleasant Service: extremely slow Food: not good (appetizers ok part of the meal) Atmosphere: Pick-up joint, not good for diningSpecial Features:
- Would return againdinerDined on 9/27/2014This is the second time we have visited and would definitely return again. The crab cake appetizer was superb, perhaps the best crab cakes we have ever eaten. The food service was a little on the slow side, but the waiters, waitresses and bus staff were excellent.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris' prices poor qualityPurePoorDined on 9/26/2014We will not return It is loud though there were few people The staff seemed confused The table that was seated after us managed to get drinks and bread before we even saw a waitress. I started with the Braised Short Rib Steamed Bun $10, the bun was a cold dinner roll and if you totaled all the meat on all three it would not equal the meat on an Arby's Jr. roast beef $1.19. For dinner I had the Ribeye Bone In $38, the food arrived via busboy and was cold upon arrival at the table. We did have the opportunity to speak with what I assume was the manager who was very apologetic and offered us a free drink but that by no way makes up for cold $38 entrees. We did fair better then the table across from us who never got their $100 appetizer.
- Lost our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014We booked for 8:30 p.m. through open table, arrived at 8:40 and were told that they didn't have a reservation for us, so we'd have to wait. We waited about 10 minutes (I'm 8 months pregnant by the way..) and were seated. I asked for bread immediately and was told 10 minutes later there just wasn't any bread left. After ordering our sushi appetizers and fire and ice shrimp and our entree to share, they bring out the special sushi roll which is missing half of the ingredients that are listed on the menu(this is the konjan roll, veggie @$13). Apparently their sushi chef did not have the ingredients for the roll, so just left them out and failed to tell the waitress, hence failed to tell us. The manager waived the cost of the sushi for us.
- Good, just not greatMaps1102Dined on 9/24/2014Our dining experience was good. The restaurant itself is very nice. The staff is friendly. And the food is good. Yet, not good enough for the prices. That being said, we did not have any sushi, so I can not speak for that. Yet, we did have the mussels & clams Sofrito. We were told that they were out of clams & it would just be mussels. Ok, as long as we still got a decent amount. Eh, not as many as I thought being there was no clams & the mussels themselves were disgracefully small. However, the sauce was to die for. Entrees were good, I had the lobster & my hubby had the shrimp. Shared the fingerling potatoes, pretty good. The bar area was pretty packed & the drinks we ordered were delish. Overall, it was nice, but not worth the price.Special Features:
- Great steaksGreatDined on 9/19/2014The all the food is great, I eat diner at Pure every two weeks and the food is fantastic everytime. My only complaint is the Mangement doesn't seem to have a clue and they seem change little things everytime, which always has a ripple affect, making each time a little different and not in a good way. It is only a matter of time before it affects the quality of the food and then I will have to find a new place. It's a shame, people can't leave great aloneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full service barFeedme2Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great and presentation was outstanding - the wine list was disappointing and the beers listed on the menu were not available - there was not one IPA offered. The wait staff read off a list of what was offered but as they were all bottled there was no chance for a preview 'taste' Pure needs to get some more up to date draft beers to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-service is not so much!kikiDined on 9/12/2014Food from appetizer to entree it was wonderful, the service is just always horrible! They all seemed confused, and bicker with each other in front of the customers! Also, we asked for ice water and we were brought out Voss (and charged $8 for it I may add) That was a little irritating. Also, the hostess at the front was lovely.Special Features:
- There was a very creatove menu.BalaboosterDined on 9/1/2014Most of what we had was inventive and delicious. The crispy cuck confit, the calamari, the sushi rolls and the raw bar were wonderful. The only disappointment was the shrimp yakisoba whossse noodles were unpleasantly sweet. Gog for appetizers and entrees. Sitting in Pure, you almost fthink you're in Manhattan and not Parsippany.Special Features:
- Hot SpotLaLizDined on 8/30/2014This place is something you would expect to find in NYC. Beautiful decor, nice lounge music, great atmosphere. Food is pricey but good. Not great but good. Our waitress was very attentive. Great service. I would definitely go back for drinks and dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tallDined on 8/30/2014There are a lot of options on the menu and tastes of the food were goodSpecial Features:
- Food was over priced and terriblesandyDined on 8/23/2014Kids sliders were unedible! The appetizers were just ok and the steaks were tasteless for the price. The hanger steak was a glorified overpriced london broil. I would never get this again!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Great food, but as it is a bit pricey, the portions should be a little larger.Special Features:
- Inconsistent?LLKLVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our food was lukewarm and the service was lacking, but we we've had excellent meals here in the past. Maybe it was an off night... Drinks/bar was great and sushi was excellent as an appetizer.Special Features:
- Over priced pretentiousFirstandLastDined on 8/16/2014Food was wonderful- Atmosphere and wait staff are too full of themselves Prices are off the chart - $7.00 to add caramelized onions to a steak!!!!!!!!!!!! Drink service was very slow.Special Features:
- A must-try restaurantRolap627Dined on 8/9/2014Nice menu. Sushi was very fresh and fried calamari was tender and just the right amount of sauce. If you don't want to go for an expensive bottle if wine, wine by the glass is reasonable. Nothing negative to say. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traps21Dined on 8/2/2014All in all pretty good restaurant. A little on the pricey side. Service was excellent and the good came out very quick. Would recommend for a date or a big group. The only issue I had was it was really loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Pure reviews archive.
- Worst kitchen service. Good fooddek116VIPDined on 7/28/2014If you can wait two hours for your meal AFTER you wait to order, then go here. The food is very good. If you don't have ALL night, don't go.
- Steak and winefood4thoughtDined on 7/26/2014I've been wanting to try out Pure for a while now and finally got the chance to do so when my bf had a steak craving! We enjoyed out experience at Pure. Service was good, nice decor and tasty food. We ordered the cheeseboard for app and steak and fried rice for dinner. Cheeseboard had about 6-8 different cheeses and olives. Portions were decent size. I would go to this spot for special occasions ESP bday celebrations as this place turns into a club/lounge after ten pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music to loudRobertVIPDined on 7/16/2014Live music way too loud. Sexing time there and veal chop was best I ever had. Seems to me like they don't know what they want to be a restaurant or a club. Although the musician was good, you do not necessarily want to listen to Jimmy Hendrix while you are enjoying dinner with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor seating was nice.RkaraDined on 7/5/2014The outdoor seating was nice. The waitress was very helpful and attentive. The tuna tartare app was excellent. Two of us had the sea bass. It was just ok.
- Food and Service Great!!!!!RobertVIPDined on 7/4/2014Very Nice restaurant drove by it a 100 times and finally decided to try. Service was outstanding especially Danielle she was awesome. Food was outstanding so the entire experience was quite delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Bought a Groupon for our 1st visit. Crab cakes app: great flavor, lots of crab, little breading. A bit greasy, hubby said they weren't- perhaps it's because I rarely eat fried foods. Had the halibut entrée (potato crusted on one side, served over bok choy). Portion size of fish was HUGE, greens minimal (would've preferred the opposite). However, entrée had great flavor. Hubby ordered veal chop and commented it was a little fatty. Service was attentive & helpful. Note-I ordered a vodka drink with two limes, but got only one. Am a stickler for attention to detail & in the service industry, one should receive what she orders. Overall, a good experience and will likely return, though prob only w/ a Groupon, as it would be pricey w/out one.
- PureFrequentfisheaterDined on 6/20/2014Pure is a fabulous dining experience. I'm definitely going back!Special Features:
- fine diningdiner07Dined on 6/15/2014We've always passed by this restaurant and we finally decided to give it a try for father's day. The food overall was good although a little pricey which means this is only good for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great DinnerdiningokDined on 6/13/2014The food and service were excellent. First time dinning here and would definitely return. A great variety on the menu to satisfy everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantgreatplaceDined on 6/4/2014Food was great, servers were great, they have outside seating which was also great. Unfortunately car traffic is a bit distracting, maybe placing a wall of some kind to block the noise might help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not outstandingSLF54321Dined on 5/31/2014Filet and asparagus were good. Potatoes tasted like boxed mashed. Service was very good. I had the double dirty martini and it was weak. My second regular martini tasted like all olive juice. I tried the jalapeno margarita (because I like jalapeno tequila) but it tasted like whisky sour mix and again, weak. Sent it back. I had avocado salad and that was good with crab meat.Canadian oysters good. My husband's swordfish was very good. He liked his assorted ice cream and we also had gelato cake. Was fine. I really expected more from this place after reading reviews. For the prices they charge the food should've been 5 star quality. Was not outstanding.Special Features: