20567 N. Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.puresushibar.com/
- Phone: 4803550999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Ozzie Lopez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Pure Sushi Bar and Dining for all your catering and party needs! We"ll even bring the sushi chef!
- Private Party Facilities: Pure Sushi Bar and Dining offers a beautiful private dining room, with a fun VIP atmosphere!
- Private Party Contact: Ellie Davis 4803550999
A word from Pure Sushi
Pure Sushi Restaurant offers an exquisite dining experience with an incredible selection of sashimi, specialty rolls, as well as a wide variety of hot food items (for the non-sushi lovers)! Pure Sushi is a North Scottsdale top trend restaurant with an inviting ambiance and an excellent quality of fish, coming from all over the world on a daily basis! Pure Sushi will not only offer you our amazing menu, we also offer daily features created by our head sushi chef!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pure Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (8)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)good for groups (6)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- birthday happy hour & dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014cocktails were excellent and the sushi delicious and beautifully arranged. inattentive server. Excellent entrees.Special Features:
- Yelp was right!HutlzeVIPDined on 10/20/2014Hungry. Still on East Coast time. Hubby adores sushi... Pure Sushi didn't disappoint. Spicy tuna lettuce wraps were small, but yummy. His sushi, including a hand roll, received high marks. He thought there was something special about it all. My bass (not sea bass--a much more interesting option over black rice) was absolutely fabulous. I truly can't wait to go back on our next trip to Scottsdale. We sat outside on a beautiful mid-October evening and enjoyed every bite. Waitress was very sweet and helpful. She said she loves the dish I ordered, but not many order it. That really should change--it was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Pure Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/20/2014I love Pure Sushi and everyone who works there. I try to eat at Pure Suahi at least twice weekly. The new outdoor patio is delightful! It is a must try!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi and more!eatnoutDined on 10/4/2014We visited Pure Sushi Saturday evening for the first time. We were very pleased. We asked for a quiet table and were seated in a room that was not as noisy as the main dining room. It had a beautiful atmosphere. Not "quiet", but definitely not too loud. The service was prompt and attentive. Our water glasses were regularly topped off and we asked for additional ginger which came immediately. The California Rolls were terrific, light and fluffy. My husband doesn't normally like sushi, so I was pleased to see a variety of other dishes on their menu. The sushi we ordered was so good that we didn't have room to try some of the entrees....We hope to next time.
- Servicedavidg47VIPDined on 9/29/2014Waitress was not very attentive. It took too long for the food to be servedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/20/2014This was our first visit to Pure. Overall we enjoyed the experience. The Korean BBQ Pork Ribs app, the Creamy Baked Lobster Roll and the October Fest Roll were outstadning. The other rolls we tried were also good. However the sashimi left something to be desired Pieces were fresh but very small and not flavorful, except for the salmon. Service was exceptional. W will definiately be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Best happy hour menu around. It goes way beyond edamame and California rolls and includes some of their specialty rolls and dishes as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in north ScottsdaleJohnnyBDined on 9/5/2014We've been looking for a sushi restaurant to replace out favorite (Fuji's) in Chicago. Something that offered unique twists on their roll options, with an emphasis on the finishing. The October Festival roll with a sweet chili sauce was outstanding. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vibeKimSpangDined on 8/29/2014Pure is always fun, but this time the Spider Roll and Tempura was not as good as last time - they were too dry and rice not moist - and for the price the sushi should be a little better. It would be helpful to have a photo menu available to see what some of the rolls look like as the descriptions are hard to read. But it is a fun place with a good vibe.Special Features:
- Very Good LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/19/2014My daughters and I had a very good lunch experience!Special Features:
- Delicious with excellent serviceopusacpeDined on 8/16/2014The tenderloin medium-rare May be the best I have had. The happy hour appetizers were delicious. My 5 year old boy loved the potstickers.Special Features:
- Peabody2Dined on 7/27/2014We have been to Pure Sushi several times. The sushi is always very fresh and of high quality. That was what we were expecting when we went there 2 nights ago. It was that and more! We sat at the sushi bar and the sushi chef that prepared our food was named EJ. He turned dinner-out into an adventure! He prepared dishes we had never seen before (scallop salad and others whose names I do not remember). We will definitely go back and find EJ again.Special Features:
- Loved itDebraVIPDined on 7/23/2014Very good sushi but the Hamachi was a little over doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure pureartieDined on 7/5/2014Always a pleasant experience; good food, good drinks and good friends dining with usSpecial Features:
- The following 175 reviews are from the Pure Sushi reviews archive.
- Great sushi/happy hourluv4sushiDined on 5/24/2014Great food, sushi/happy hour is the best, and always great service.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFoodie421Dined on 5/17/2014The waitress Kellie was very nice and informative. The food was outstanding. I highly recommend the tuna and avocado poke appetizer and the Sea Bass entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SushiEvinVIPDined on 5/16/2014We go to dinner at Pure Sushi every chance we get on a Friday night. The sushi is refreshing and innovative (we love the Pure Sunshine & White Monster Rolls and the Hamachi Spoons). The staff is always friendly and efficient and Greg rocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Artistic PresentationJohnDined on 5/15/2014The waitress was very helpful in suggesting low salt dishes and my sea bass selection was outstanding in size and qualitySpecial Features:
- We are Pure addicts!pureaddictDined on 5/11/2014We've gotten to where we eat at Pure at least twice monthly, and usually more often. We enjoy their fresh sushi and often head there after work on friday for a glass of wine and sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!DeeDeeDined on 5/10/2014Always great - can't go wrong! Great sushi and great service. They make a great cocktails as well :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for birthday partiesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2014The large table at the front of the White Room is an excellent secluded space for my wife's birthday party. The food was fresh and varied. We tried just about all the appetizers and everyone found something they liked. The service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find!SophieVIPDined on 4/26/2014We are a bit snobbish when it comes to eating Sushi, but Pure Sushi was impressive. The sushi was not only delicious and fresh, but also served artistically as an added treat. The restaurant has an energetic vibe. The night was great. We will return often!!Special Features:
- Fantastic SushiScottsdalefoodieDined on 4/20/2014My husband & I have been coming here for a number of years but had not dined here in a while due to so many other choices. Pure is still our favorite sushi restaurant due to high quality sashimi and great roll selections! This day, in particular, the quality was the BEST and their sushi chef DJ was outstanding. He created a "masterpiece" and it was tough to destroy :) They also have fun martinis and great wine list.Special Features:
- Fun fusionArtygirlDined on 4/18/2014Good fusion style sushi and awesome, friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good sushiregulardinerDined on 4/4/2014The food was quite good. We sampled numerous appetizers and dined on sashimi and sushi. Everything was nicely prepared and presented. The service was spottySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desert SushiGWC241Dined on 3/29/2014Multiple time customer, so yes I would "go again". Universally good sushi. Service last time was down a notch. Staff seems to have a lot of turnover. Everything fresh and beautifully prepared. Will continue to be a regular stop for us.Special Features:
- The ambience in this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The ambience in this place is lacking something - need to adjust the light level as it feels you're under spot lights - way too bright. Food is outstanding though and service was excellent. The separate dining room for groups looks really good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeSteveFVIPDined on 3/1/2014It was our first time there. Everything was just fantastic. We started with edamame and Korean style ribs. The ribs were crazy good. I didn't try the edamame but the other two diners ate it up so I assume it was good. The sushi started flowing and was worth every penny. Since it was our first time we ordered a lot so we could try different thing. That's a lie, we are just big eaters. My favorite was a Las Vegas roll. I would recommend this to everyone. Even if you don't eat sushi they have many other entrees to try from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi in the neighborhood2B45Dined on 2/23/2014Great food and service, excellent Sake list. Decor is basic as is the ambience. Good for families with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but loud and crampedmaestrakarenDined on 2/14/2014The gold was delicious. We had chicken teriyaki and different types of sushi. It was all very good! The only problem is that the tables are less than a foot apart and it us super loud. No one, not even the wait staff can get around easily. It felt like we were on top of our neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi, maître d', not so muchpfnetVIPDined on 2/8/2014We've been going to Pure for several years, Great food and waitress staff. This past visit would have been perfect , except for the maître d' ( didn't catch his name). Quite an attitude, when asked about sitting in a particular area of the restaurant. Anyway, even with his unprofessional demeanor, still a decent eveningSpecial Features:
- Short of the markLorenzoVIPDined on 2/2/2014After a few, very satisfying visits in the past, we were quite disappointed in our recent experience. First, after making a reservation (confirmed) for the evening of the Super Bowl only to find that they had closed at 2PM that day. (Their recorded telephone message said nothing about closing early.) When we finally did make it for dinner, I'd have to say it was a disappointment. While nothing was bad, nothing was outstanding either (as it had been in the past). Very plain is the best that I can say.
- I miss itSlimdinerDined on 1/31/2014The food is so good and the service was fantastic. The sushi chefs have created the best menu in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first time experienceKimSDined on 1/31/2014Recommended by a friend and we were pleased to be able to get a reservation and enjoy a wonderful meal. Great energy and light, clean design added to the ambiance. If sushi is not your favorite food item (my husband's situation) , lots to choose from on the menu as an option. Will definitely be back when we travel to Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi JointJewelVIPDined on 1/22/2014This is my favorite sushi place in the valley. I am glad it is near home. Love the Poke here. The sashimi is always fresh. I like maki wrapped in cucmber and they have a few really good choices here for those. Happy Hour is a steal and I like the Korean BBQ pork sliders a lot (which I hate to admit ordering these at a sushi restaurant with such great sushi). My only negative is service can be hit or miss, even within a meal. In this case, super attentive until dinner was served and then no water or drink service for quite a while. We would have stayed a while and ordered more beers and drinks after dinner, but we decided to leave since it would have taken a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sloppyout2oftenVIPDined on 1/18/2014The quality of the fresh fish is always very good, but they have to get the level of service to the same quality. It took much longer than it should have to get even the first dishes out to the table, and they simply missed some of the basics. If you're serving a breast of chicken teriyaki either slice it in the kitchen or bring a knife and fork to the table when it's served. A set of chopsticks won't work very well, unless you just need to stab yourself in frustration. Similarly, when you bring a bowl of fried rice, or any other bowl of food to the table, it would help to bring a serving spoon so people can actually get the rice on their plates. When requested the server brought a teaspoon - sloppy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- second chancefrogVIPDined on 1/17/2014we ate at pure six months ago and the experience was not good. .we decided to give them a second chance. not a good idea. the service was beyond bad. the waitress was terrible friends got their appetizer at least 15 minutes before we got ours. then the main meals showed 2 minutes later.while we ate our appetizer our main meals got luke worm but because we both ordered fish, we did not want it reheated and dryed out.the tables are now so close together that a women talking to someone at the next table keep hiting me with her purse.To many great places to eat in North Scottsdale,this is not one of them.
- FoodHerb3VIPDined on 12/28/2013The service was great and the server did a good job. Must say all four of us enjoyed all the sushi and will come back again. No doubt it has gotten back to the level it was when it first openedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure is greatEMESDined on 12/24/2013Had a lot of really good sushi and sashimi. Priced as expected. Service was excellent. Enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always enjoy this restaurantStephenDined on 12/22/2013always enjoy this restaurant, good variety of sushi- sashimi a selection of entrees. food is good and nicely presented, good wine and cocktail selection, much more than many sushi restaurants which have only a few wines and no interesting cocktails. service always timely and attentive. music a bit loud for my taste, prefer something a little quieter and not so frenetic.I would recommend this to a friend.