PURE Restaurant & Lounge
3499 Rt 1 South
Princeton, NJ 08540Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
PURE Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pureprinceton.com/
- Phone: 6099190770x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Hugo Solaj
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Fridays and Saturdays starting at 10 pm. Djs, Latin Nights and bands. Every weekend is something new and exciting. Please call for the entertainment schedule.
A word from PURE Restaurant & Lounge
Offering upscale, contemporary American and Asian inspired cuisine. PURE has captured the hearts of both locals and tourists alike with its exciting blend of ambiance and fresh quality food. “The Art of Simplicity:” boasting a wide variety of steak, seafood and sushi on its menu. The menu offers delectable selections inspired by fresh, simple, unadulterated flavors. All of the items offered, including the desserts, are made in-house, using organic ingredients. The breathtaking design enchants the rest of their senses with a modern, conceptual feel, derived from the 5 elements: earth, wood, fire, metal and water. As the elements interact, A Feng Shui balance is achieved, creating a peaceful and harmonious setting for patrons. The artisanal wood flooring meshes with the seductive lighting emanating from red crystal chandeliers. At the same time the comfortable, yet sophisticated lounge creates a New York city experience. Guests can expect continued excellence from the moment they enter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PURE Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (9)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (6)romantic (5)special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- LRC1OpenTableReviewsDined on 9/23/2014It was my first time at PURE and we actually showed up half an hour early. The staff was very accommodating with this and also when we asked to be seated in a different room than they planned for us (it was freezing in the dining room so we moved to a booth in the bar). Food was very good and choices nicely varied. The atmosphere in the bar area was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!kodyDined on 9/10/2014The food was amazing. Our server listened to our request for no oil or butter to be used on our food - we are both very health conscious and have recently lost a lot of weight so this request was crucial to us. The atmosphere was perfect for a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceLtlbutterfly7Dined on 9/7/2014We went from the 1/2 price sushi and although the sushi was excellent it took a very long time to come out. This was surprising as it was a Sunday and a VERY slow night- 4 families at most. Plus the sushi also felt "1/2" in size so not sure if I would truly call it 1/2 price sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewtownAllyDined on 9/6/2014Atmosphere in Pure was more like a club than a restaurant- red lighting and a very loud DJ by 8:45. We couldn't hear each other talk. The service was very slow and the food was overpriced for the quality. I had the pork chop which had good flavor but was tough. My husband had two sushi rolls, which were 8 small pieces for $18 / roll. We used a Groupon, so they added an automatic 20% gratuity, which wasn't included in the fine print and the service did not warrant that large of a tip.
- Average food for the priceAndykunDined on 9/6/2014Food was average and the service was slow on a not so busy Saturday night. Our trio tartare was nothing more than the minced fish used for the spicy tuna/yellowtail/salmon rolls you find in all-you-can-eat Japanese-like sushi places. The steak was chewy and flavorless and the fried onions on top were pre-fried at least a couple of hours ago. fries and sea bass were good on the other hand.
- Great food Great TimeDutchDined on 8/31/2014This has been one of our favorite places to go. The food is great and the drinks are plentiful. No one can pass up 1/2 price Sushi Sunday. Our favorite waiter and bartender is David by far but all of the staff are great :-)Special Features:
- Business Development Executivefun2eatoutDined on 8/27/2014Not many choices on the menu for those who have to be gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find….PUREGrouponDinnerVIPDined on 8/11/2014Started at bar for happy hour (4-7pm)….great signature drinks at half price! Tasty appetizers also half price…..great place to stop after work. Our dinners were not a let down either. Beef, seafood and ribs all stood up to our expectations and plates were sent back empty. Wait staff was attentive and helpful. Bartender very friendly with good recommendations. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Over priced bad foodNJFoodieDined on 8/10/2014I will never eat there again. I had stomache pains all night. The quality of the food is sub par. Sushi was way over priced for what you get.
- GREAT FOODPDANIDined on 8/2/2014First visited the restaurant as a result of a Groupon gift certificate. Was impressed by the food, and returned to celebrate our wedding anniversary - both times, service was excellent (waitress was not only efficient, but knew her recommendations and was very helpful. Would recommend it to others. Tried yam dumplings, roasted chicken, and shrimp curry with jasmine rice, and roasted beet salad. All very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014DJ and dancing by the bar on Saturday night. Noise level from bar area carries into inside dining room. If you are looking for a quiet romantic evening or dinner and conversation, call ahead to enquire. It just so happened between a party the night before,.and a baby shower the Saturday we ate at Pure that the wines we requested were sold out and the place was very noisy. The food was good but it made for difficult conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!PeggyDined on 6/28/2014And fun delicious drinks! This place is also beautiful inside. And they had a great DJ the nite I was there so we definitely got on the dance floor after our yummy meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food A+, service is just, meh...LocalFoodieDined on 6/21/2014Food was delicious, hands down some of the best in the area and the venue and ambiance is gorgeous (up scale, modern, and intimate), however the service by wait staff and management was a little lacking. Everyone is friendly enough, but waitress was not familiar, they brought out the incorrect entree...eventually we asked to speak with the manager, and without the boring details, it went from bad to worse. We were treated as if we were incompetent, but once they realized we weren't gong to roll over, the apologies flooded in and they they tried to make amends. The entire night was frustrating and dampened our mood and the excellent food and environment we were in. Would try 1 more time because the food and atmosphere were that goodSpecial Features:
- HollowB54OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014Too pricey for value, considering area options, its location and absence. For example, found cocktails more expensive than Witherspoon Grill, an area favorite. Dining room was literally empty at 8 PM, which says something. There was a slight "funky" odor in the dining room, no doubt emanating from the hotel facility tithe restaurant is part of. The calamari appetizer was ordinary, albeit nicely presented. A special dip and/or cooked more creatively (was deep fried) might help. The dinner special of *scallops with pulled pork" was interesting and tasty, but not very ample.Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the PURE Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- PURE Bar wins!LizzylouDined on 5/23/2014Bar tenders were friendly, knowledgeable and quick with service. The wait staff was equally so, and were fast to bring out some delicious dishes -- the vegetarian sushi tasted fresh and was a delight!Special Features:
- Good sushi!DiningDivaDined on 5/18/2014Have had trouble finding good sushi in the area and pure delivered. We tried a couple of the signature rolls and they were great. If you like spicy, the katana was fantastic! And the volcano rolls were so good my nephew ordered seconds. But still had a good assortment of other items for the entrees if you didn't want sushi or just wanted to change it up. The short ribs were so tender and the baby back ribs were falling off the bone. Lots of options for drinks from martinis to a nice wine variety. And the decor is really cool inside. Wasn't really there at a bar time but the bar was huge and looked like it would be a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuSluggoDined on 5/15/2014Food was very good but menu was very limited. Not allot of chocies.
- A lovely alternative nearbyFoodie2Dined on 5/11/2014We selected Pure because it had a reservation available on Mother's Day. How fortunate we were! The setting was very intimate and romantic and the food and service were excellent. The restaurant has a very sophisticated vibe, excellent steak and Sushi, and friendly and knowledgeable wait staff. This may be our new favorite local place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experience we're grateful for.DiningOutExpDined on 5/11/2014Family was scheduled to be in Princeton area this past Mothers Day. As Sushi is a favorite of many in the family, our search on Open Table revealed the Pure Restaurant to be a promising venue for a Mothers Day treat. Turns out we arrived 45 minutes prior to our reservation time and the restaurant workers were in the midst of getting things opened and ready. We thought we might just sit at the bar & await out appointed time but the staff were extremely accommodating and sat us at our table and began serving. The bonus to our experience was that everything served was very nicely prepared and delicious. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the service was attentive and responsive to our needs/wants. Overall, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure Dining a Pleasant ExperienceDBellDined on 5/9/2014The food is very good, but remember that they are competing with Ruth Chris's. They pricing is higher that you may expect. Good for special occasions, or an expense account. Wines start a $30 a bottle. Biggest plus is the service. People working there work hard to make sure you are happy. I would come back for a special occasion, but not for a regular night out.Special Features:
- YolyOVIPDined on 5/3/2014Our first time at this restaurant was such a great experience that it will now be one of our favorites in Princeton. We had the sushi and everything from the appetizer to the main courses were beautifully prepared and absolutely delicious! Could not have asked for a better meal!Special Features:
- Good service, ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/2/2014The staff was very nice and attentive. The food was ok. The rock shrimp were fried too hard and the lobster dumplings were actually fries wontons. Sea bass and sushi were good. I'd go to the restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meal. It was our 3rd time dining there and the food has been consistently excellent.Special Features:
- second time @ pureDineOmiteDined on 4/19/2014Delicious And Great Service. I Will Go Back....Menu Has Something For Everyone Which Was Important. Forget Witherspoon Grill For Filet, Elements For Tastings.....This Place Is Awesome And Remains Undiscovered....I Will Definitely Be Going Back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceBkbeautyDined on 4/18/2014Always went to Pure for happy hour and sat in the Bar Area but wanted a nice romantic night out with my husband and decided to try Pure's dining experience. We had a very secluded table and the ambiance was perfect. The service and food were excellent as I knew it would be so I definitely will be back to enjoy that aspect of Pure again soon.Special Features:
- Great sushiklipbrunoDined on 4/13/2014We have been back to this restaurant several times just for the sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Appetizers and DrinksTravelDiva612Dined on 4/9/2014We ordered 4 appetizers, each one better than the last. My favorite was the crab cake (true lump crab cake-not a lot of breading). We were so impressed we really looked forward to the salads (so many appetizers we only ordered salad instead of an entree). Although the manager was very kind and assured us "only fresh" ingredients were used to make the salads we were not impressed. All-in-all, if the appetizers are any indication of the entrees, you cannot go wrong with this restaurant. Good service and warm ambiance were also notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure RestaurantGimoniqueDined on 4/8/2014Fried cheese cake bites were amazing! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripDFTomsRiverDined on 3/29/2014We had a $35 discount through Groupon so we figured it was worth a try being it was 50 miles from home. I wanted something special for my birthday and Pure did not let me down. You get what you pay for. This is not your local sushi and steak joint. When the drinks are top shelf, and the appetizers are impeccable, you know the main course will be too. We ordered sushi, which now I know why people like sushi. When done right, it is enjoyable. We had the chocolate fondue for dessert. We went early so it was not crowded. But I have a feeling that it is hopping later on. Loved the quiet oriental music, too. We don't dine out often so this was really a treat for us. Go and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice changeSuziQDined on 3/28/2014Had dinner here with friends. Varied menu. Lot of fish/seafood options. Restaurant has an extensive sushi menu. Great happy hour.I would recommend this to a friend.
- So ok2goodVIPDined on 3/22/2014It was a Saturday night and restaurant was almost empty. Appetizers were good (calamari crunch), Sushi was good and NY Strip was a disappointment (tough and boring). Overall, we came with high expectations finding another great food place in Princeton but we've been disappointed. Probably a much better place to have a drink and small bite at the bar which looks very trendy.Special Features:
- Great venue and food selectionPhillyGirlDined on 3/21/2014Recently went to Pure to celebrate a birthday. The food is great, very diverse menu and the service excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food.Mia123Dined on 3/12/2014Pure is fantastic- from the wine to the creme brûlée, everything was amazing. I will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure's the best.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Checked out Pure on line & it looked very nice,colors & lighting,which are important to us when we dine. When we arrived we were greeted by a very pleasent hostess & we said we were never here & she said let me show you around. She gave us the grand tour & then seated us at a very nice table for two overlooking the whole dining room. Our waiter was very helpful in explaining the different choices on the menue & also the choices from the bar. The food was excellant, & the service great. The owner came by for a moment & my wife told her that it was our 52 wedding anniversary & she came back with 2 flutes of Champange. She was so nice to us & we told her we would be back soon & reccomend Pure to all our friends.Special Features:
- Great steaksDatenightdinerVIPDined on 3/7/2014We had sushi and the filet and cowboy ribeye. The steaks were excellent. Reasonably priced for the quantity of food. The sushi was average. The service was good, slow in the beginning, but then improved. The server was very helpful and pleasant. The atmosphere is OK. The main restaurant is next to the bar, which can get very loud. I found it odd that you had to go into the adjoining hotel to use the restroom. Overall, we were very pleased with our meal. We would go again, especially if craving a good steak.
- First TimewineanddineVIPDined on 3/3/2014This was my first time at this restaurant, but friends who have dined here several times told me how good it can be. I think the quality of the food is very good; 3 1/2 to 4 stars. The ambience is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual ambience ... very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014Pure is quirky -- strange layout, red lighting provided by red crystal chandeliers in main bar, attached to a small hotel. I kind of like the vibe - but I could see others not liking it. The food is quite good. We have eaten there 3 or 4 times and each dish has always been very good or better. Its an eclectic menu -- sushi and Asian flair dishes -- but also includes a rib eye and lamb. The calamari salad is a standout as are several of their rolls including the volcano. One note of caution -- on Saturday nights around 9PM it gets loud as they bring in a DJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.