88 5th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.purebistrobrooklyn.com/
- Phone: 7186225314
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Pure Bistro
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pure Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Dark and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Good food. No bread but could barely see the food and noise was very loud even under a double height ceiling.Special Features:
- tasty, a bit slow & will go backTLMpegasusVIPDined on 8/23/2014food was well-prepared. service was a bit slow. desserts pleasingly addictive. a definite MUST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional FoodFidoDined on 8/17/2014The freshest ingredients, great service and fast enough to get in and out under 20 mins if you are in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2014Nice little place in the heart of Park Slope, our food was made to perfection. The waiter was very nice, allowed me sample some wines. One thing I did not like is that he assumed the cash left over was his entire tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PURE WONDERPowerdaleaderDined on 6/1/2014Great food, quiet atmosphere, great service. Had brunch on a sunday afternoon and was pleasantly satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Pure Bistro reviews archive.
- Good Food, Okay AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2014Good food and fairly priced; however, the ambiance and overall dining environment lacks warmth and character. If you're looking for an easy place to meet with friends, this is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintOpentableregularVIPDined on 12/31/2013My friend and I went here with our two teenage sons on New Year's Eve for early dinner. Everything was average. EXCEPT the guacamole. It was so fresh! If I lived in the neighborhood I would definitely stop by at least 3x a week for the guacamole and chips to go. :-) The service was nice and friendly. I think this is a good go-to restaurant for locals as it is very small.Special Features:
- Won't returnCappyVIPDined on 10/9/2013When we arrived, the restaurant was almost empty and there was only one waiter who also was answering the phone for take out orders. Our food was slow and the meal lasted almost 1.5 hours at was is essentially a diner-type place. The food was mediocre to poor. Plus, when we arrived they did not have our Open Table reservation so that we didn't get our points.
- A Gem Hiding In Plain SightstenroVIPDined on 10/5/2013Talk about under the radar, unassuming, unpretentious and understated. This place is far from fancy yet not completely rustic. However, the food is completely fresh and delicious. Natural and organic where possible, their name PURE shines though. The dishes are not overly complicated and the flavors speak for themselves. Be warned- the salads are huge. If you can share one with another person or two before a main course, do it. The marinated skirt steak was cooked to perfection, soft and so delicious. The mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach were great accompaniments and the right size. Chicken quesadilla is delicious as well. Although dessert is not made in-house, the chocolate mousse cake from Aunt Butchies Bakery was silky and seamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OK...Bear18Dined on 6/2/2013We used this restaurant for Sunday brunch. It was rather a hot day but the ac was not turned on in the restaurant, I guess. The food was good and the potion was adequate, not too much, not too small. It got a bit noisy when it got crowded with people.Special Features:
- fresh food, excellent qualityYummyVIPDined on 5/25/2013loved the food, it was fresh, cooked well and flavorful. The smoothies are to die for you must try them and it is the perfect spot for a quick bite in the SlopeSpecial Features:
- Average.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2013I remember it being better months ago. The Pure Burger was okay, just unmanageably huge and drippy. The b/w cake came highly recommended but did nothing for me. The waitress was gorgeous and helpful and attentive. Nice place in a great part of town and the prices were just fine.Special Features:
- Hearty, Healthy, TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2013Steak dinner w/mashed potatoes & spinach was delicious. Very healthy tasting. Burger was very good.Special Features:
- The coffee, fresh juice, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013The coffee, fresh juice, and smoothies were really wonderful. The sweet potato home fries were also delicious. The atmosphere was relaxed at brunch and the prices were very resonable. All in all, a very pleasant meal!Special Features:
- Server was confused aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2013Server was confused about multiple things. Credit card machine was not working. Food was good!Special Features:
- Not quite as wonderful as all thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2013we went for brunch. The menu options were limited (omelettes, pancakes, muffins) and pedestrian. And my eggs were overcooked. A heartier and more interesting breakfast could have been had at the local diner.
- healthy options. convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/2/2013healthy options. convenient location. tasty food. not the best brunch experience ever but enjoyable.Special Features:
- Outstanding Princeton FindBLF1Dined on 10/12/2012One of the best (if not the best) meals I've ever had in Princeton. Excellent service, great wine list and top class food. Given the so-so Princeton dining scene, I didn't have high expectations, but Pure was very good even by NY or San Francisco standards.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/25/2012I was so eager to try Pure Bistro! It is so hard to find a restaurant with pure ingredients and healthy options that still sound and taste guilty! It was a lot nicer of a restaurant than I anticipated too. The brick walls were very cool and the service was great too. The food was SO fresh. I had a the greek panini which was ultimately a chicken gyro and it was delicious! We also ordered the Jack burger and it was awesome. I definitely want to return for breakfast or brunch next time because the menu looked great!!Special Features: