656 North Highland Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.puravidatapas.com/
- Phone: 4048709797
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday 5:30-11:30pm, Saturday: 5:30-11:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Hector Santiago
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pura Vida will take the party to your place as well. Let us worry about the food and service details, so you can be a guest at your own party. Whether it's birthday party, a wedding, or a corporate event, Pura Vida's unique Spanish & Latin food will ensure that it's not the same old boring party. Check out our "Events Page" on our web site for menu items, and keep in mind we'd be happy to customize a menu to suit your individual needs. www.puravidatapas.com
- Private Party Facilities: Whether at Pura Vida or the location of your choice, why not have Chef Hector Santiago (a James Beard nominee)and his experienced staff create and execute a Latin-inspired event that will satisfy all of you senses and leave your guests being "wowed".
- Private Party Contact: Leslie or Lauren 4048709797
- Entertainment: Tango Nights the 2nd & 4th Thursday of each Month.
- Special Events: Check out our facebook page for information on daily specials, upcoming events and more.
- Cross Street: Blue Ridge
- Public Transit: MARTA BUS Route 16 "Noble" stops right across the street from Pura Vida.
MARTA BUS Route 2 stops at the corner of Ponce de Leon & North Highland, one block from Pura Vida.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Our complimentary self parking is located in the lot diagonally across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Pura Vida
Literally translated, Pura Vida means "Pure Life". That is the feeling of Pura Vida Tapas & Bar. It is a celebration of good food, wine, friends & fun. Different Latin American countries as well as Spain inspire chef-Owner Hector Santiago's menu. It is the blending of these Latino ingredients that makes Chef Santiago's food so unique. The food is done in tapas-size portions (appetizer size), meant for sharing. This enables guests to try lots of different items… and therefore get more enjoyment out of the dining experience. Sharing food with friends adds to the whole evening of enjoyment. Pura Vida has been voted "Best Tapas" by Creative Loafing, the Sunday Paper, and Atlanta Magazine, and "Restaurant of the Year" by the AJC.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pura Vida reviews from OpenTable diners
- This was my favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/28/2012This was my favorite restaurant in the neighborhood. Sad to see it go. I will have sad dreams about those pork belly buns I may never see again. On the bright side I hear that Hector is busy working on his next project and am anxious to see what and where it is!Special Features:
- We are so sad that this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012We are so sad that this place is closing, but we feel fortunate to have experienced it, even if it was only for one time.Special Features:
- Sadly, Pura Vida will closeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/28/2012Sadly, Pura Vida will close on New Years Day. It has been a special destination for us for many years - now we wait to see what Hector and Leslie can come up with for the next iteration. Looking forward to something as intersting and tasteful as Pura Vida.Special Features:
- Love this place--my favoriteBeccaDined on 12/27/2012Love this place--my favorite in Atlanta--and so terribly sad they will be closing :(Special Features:
- This was our last chance toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2012This was our last chance to visit Pura Vida since it is closing at the end of this year. We are severely bummed about this because it is my favorite Atlanta restaurant. Hector is a genius and we will miss him. The restaurant had it all; fantastic food, friendly and great service, nice atmosphere, and intimate setting. I guess all good things must come to an end but this closing leaves a big hole in the Atlanta restaurant scene. Thanks Hector for 12 years of bliss.Special Features:
- Whats the point! Greedy landlordGopiVIPDined on 12/22/2012Whats the point! Greedy landlord is forcing the restaurant to shut down :(Special Features:
- We love this place and we'reLuv2DineVIPDined on 12/21/2012We love this place and we're going to miss it... ordered some empanadas to go at the end for lunch.Special Features:
- First Class All the Way!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/19/2012Traffic was HORRIBLE the night my friends and I visited Pura Vida. It took us 2+ hours to drive from Alpharetta to the restaurant, and we were 45 minutes late! But, the hostess on the phone couldn't have been more polite and accommodating. Then, the drinks... so delish (and plentiful)! But the food was the best. I will miss you, PV, but it was nice while it lasted...Special Features:
- Nothing notableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2012Been looking forward to this for sometime and I was sadly disappointed. Some dishes were okay, like the goat empanadas, but most things were either greedy (fried almonds), or lacked a flavor (terrible slaw with the pork belly coconut buns!). Malanga Chips weren't bad, and the chaffa rise was enjoyable, but even as a "small dish" I'm not sure how they could charge for that on its own. Drinks were consistently had. The Sangria was a glass full of ice, one teaspoon of fruit, and a splash of red wine. The Agricola should be avoided at all costs, and the several other cocktails ordered were equally lacking. There was no depth to any of the drinks and the over powering quantity of bitters used by the bartenders masked any hint of goodness.
- Excellent meal in all respects....pOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2012Excellent meal in all respects....parking, service, food. I will come back and I do recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- This was our third time toSnowyVIPDined on 12/1/2012This was our third time to Pure Vida in the last year and although we have to drive from Johns Creek it is always worth the trip. The Sangria is very good, and the tapas each distinct with best flavors nothing tastes the same. The atmosphere is comfortable and energetic. If you are into Spain and tapas try this place.
- Good but not GreatcycloneVIPDined on 11/30/2012This is an above average restaurant. If you've never been you should try it. The service is very good and the food comes out quickly. They have several interesting drinks to try. My wife and I tried several, and while interesting, there wasn't one that stood out or made us agree that we needed to come back. The same goes for the food. It was all well prepared and thought out, but we didn't have any WOW moments. Finally I think the drinks are a bit overpriced. They average $10 a pop. I would say at $6 they would be a good value and $8 is reasonable. $10 a drink (some a bit more some less) for these drinks is too much.Special Features:
- Better than I remembered!cm8910VIPDined on 11/28/2012I've always loved the Chicken Empanadas. I love the sugar cane vinegar sauce that it's served with, but with the new plating, it's kind of hard to dip the empanada in it. But what I was surprised with was the hanger steak. It was SO tender and so good. The garlic mushrooms and the mushroom dip were also very good. The wine was great, as well as the service. We had a yummy meal and a very nice experience.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2012I really enjoyed the food. the cocktails were spectacular. The service was a bit too slow, but the good food made up for it! I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- The Original Tapas SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2012We've been going to Pura Vida since it first opened. Admittedly, we've been going to Barcelona since it opened down the street (North Highland). It was so good to return to Pura Vida! The food, drink, wine list, and service are as great as ever. Appreciate Pura Vida even more for being local, small, warm, friendly. It's not the "scene" that Barcelona is. Both are great and want both to prosper -- there are just different "vibes" at each. Each is appropriate for different times. Pura Vida has mellowed (to use a 60's term) ... warm, more intimate, still lots of fun. And the food is as good, inventive as ever. If you've been going to Barcelona, take a break and return to Pura Vida. We lost Tortillas to Chipotle. Don't let that happen to PV!Special Features:
- Delicious food, attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2012Delicious food, attentive service- would 100% go again!Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Our waitress was very helpful getting us started with what to order as we were clueless. The food was awesome! All of the flavors complimented the merlot that the pleasant bartender recommended when we first got there. The staff seemed happy to work there and worked as a team to make sure all of our needs were met. It was the perfect, romantic setting that we needed for our last night in Atlanta celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary. They also took care of getting our taxi pick up right in time to take us to the show we were going to. All around great experience and nice way to remember Atlanta!Special Features:
- We were there on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/3/2012We were there on a Saturday night, unfortunately there was a table of 20+ people there that night. The waitstaff and the kitchen were over extended trying to take care of that group. The kitchen ran out of several dishes and we were there at 7:30. Service was slow and distracted. Nice atmosphere. Great service at the bar.Special Features:
- Worthy of neighborhood stopOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2012Worthy of neighborhood stop in, not worth trip from BuckheadSpecial Features:
- We love Pura Vida! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2012We love Pura Vida! The food is always excellent, and I love the ambiance. We miss some food and drink items that seem to have been taken out of the repertoire and hope they will be back soon. We definitely will!Special Features:
- We've been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2012We've been here many times and Pura Vida always delivers! I do wish that they would put tostones back on the menu; however, they were more than happy to make us a side of fried plantains by request.Special Features:
- Service in any restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2012Service in any restaurant is key. Pura Vida lost thier keys.Special Features:
- Every dish is unique, creative,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2012Every dish is unique, creative, perfectly balanced in texture, flavor, and perfectly cooked. This is my favorite Atlanta restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, as always. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2012Great food, as always. The vibe was a bit low-key the night we went, which was a bit of a disappointment. But definitely one of my favorite places.Special Features:
- Tasty little foods and amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2012Tasty little foods and amazing wines. Great service.Special Features:
- Good food, but not as TopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Good food, but not as Top Chef as we were expecting.Special Features:
- Menu choices are not quitecmacDined on 9/1/2012Menu choices are not quite as interesting as they used to be nor is the execution up to the same level as it has been in the past. Where is the Hector Santiago of old?Special Features:
- We've been to Pura Vida manyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2012We've been to Pura Vida many times and every time it is excellent. The only thing we noticed this time was that there seemed to be fewer food options on the menu to choose from. Some of our favorites were still there though (Hangar Steak Pinchos!), and the newer items that we had were all delicious - also, the cocktails were great as always! Pura Vida is one of the places that we always consider anytime we go to dine out, and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Everything was just fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2012Everything was just fantastic. The pork belly in coconut bun is one of the best dishes I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- This may have been the leastOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2012This may have been the least impressed I was by an Atlanta meal in recent memory. Nothing was bad, but none of the food stood out either save one exception. Our group of four ordered a lot and shared. I sampled steak skewers, empanadas, Mexican pizza, chips with a mushroom/truffle dipping sauce, lamb sandwiches and a green salad. The salad was phenomenal; it had toasted pine nuts if I remember correctly, avocado and a delicious dressing. Light and delicious. The rest wasn't bad, but I could have gotten better versions of everything between Barcelona Wine Bar, Noche or a couple other spots. Service was attentive though, and the cocktails were definitive. I'd come back for drinks and a snack but would go somewhere else for dinner.Special Features:
- Keeps getting better and betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2012I have been to Pura Vida about five to six times and have had excellent food, drinks and service every time. I am convinced that everything on the menu is fantastic and have never had a tapa there that I would not get again. The ambiance and music are a perfect fit for the style of food.Special Features:
- We love this place for dateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2012We love this place for date night. Reasonably priced, amazing food, great service.Special Features:
- Rewards for reckless abandonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012This restaurant is a rare find. It inspires the diner to abandon caution and rewards those adventurous enough with an array of inspired dishes from around the world. It is perfect for the night when you have a taste for something but you're not sure what. Pura Vida Tapas' answer, "have everything". Best of all, the choices are small portioned and healthy enough that you feel accomplished and not guilty afterwards. Bring a friend. I think this restaurant is best when shared!Special Features:
- We went on a weekday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2012We went on a weekday evening -- so the place wasn't packed. But, it was lively enough and the drinks, food, and service were all very, very good. We especially like the tapas concept that allows sharing.
- Not like it used to be.....OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/28/2012An old favorite is a bit worn. Place was incredibly hot inside. They were out of several items by 8pm and service was a bit slow. Tomato special of the house was truly awful with poor quality tomatoes and steak skewers were unusually poor this night. Just not like the old days. Menu could use some more tapas. Time to take this off the list of great places.
- gem in atlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012our dinner experience was wonderfull . what an explosion of flavor. ou waiter was over the top!Special Features:
- Unfortunately, the AC wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012Unfortunately, the AC was not working properly which made the ambience unpleasant - despite the great food.
- Food was amazing and we triedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2012Food was amazing and we tried almost everything on the menu, plus a few specials.Special Features:
- Very good...fun!ElyseddsVIPDined on 7/23/2012Very good food and very attentive service. The drinks are amazing.Special Features:
- Amazing sangria ~ delicatableSBloodDined on 7/20/2012Amazing sangria ~ delicatable food ~ Great Experience!Special Features: