Pura Vida by Brandt
170 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pura Vida by Brandt
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.puravidabybrandt.com/
- Phone: (216) 987-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 - 2:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 4:00 - 8:00 pm
Dinner: Thursday - Friday 4:00 - 9:30 pm
Dinner: Saturday 4:00 - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Brandt Evans and Scott Coffman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Breakfast, Lunch and dinner packages available. From 10 to 1000 people, we can offer drop off or full service catering!
- Special Events: Join our newsletter at www.puravidabybrandt.com for our up coming events and specials. From Beer vs Wine events to Farmer harvest dinners...and everything else in between
A word from Pura Vida by Brandt
Pura Vida By Brandt is all about living for today! Located in the historic May Co. Building in the heart of down town Cleveland! Serving lunch dinner. We offer craft beers, boutique wines, creative cocktails, gourmet cheeses, unique dishes and a one of a kind ambiance. Owned and operated by Chef Brandt Evans and his experienced team, Pura Vida is all about making your experience fantastic!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Pura Vida by Brandt - Best Restaurants in Downtown Cleveland ›
Pura Vida by Brandt reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)good for groups (29)great for lunch (29)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (16)scenic view (12)romantic (10)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A great restaurant on Public SquareflybynighttravelerVIPDined on 11/12/2014Pura Vida was a treat. We went there with friends for an early meal (5:30) on a Wednesday, and then on to the theater. Service was very attentive, but not cloying. The drinks were great, with some unusual cocktail combinations. I had the African stew for an appetizer, and the pumpkin risotto for a meal. Others had fresh salads, or a delicious squash soup, and then the pork chop, the chicken meal balls and pasta, and the chicken breast - all were wonderful. The only drawback to the evening was the valet parking, on Euclid between Pura Vida and the House of Blues was poorly staffed, and we had to wait almost 10 minutes for an attendant to even start the process of taking or returning our car to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFtCtDined on 11/8/2014This place is really cool. Neat lighting, everything is modern, very unique look overall. All of this takes a back seat to the food though. Everything we had was delicious (I was even tempted by most of their vegan options), but do yourself a favor and get the smores dessert. You will thank me afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors Galore!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014With each course came an unexpected treat! Chef even sent out a teaser sample between courses. Service was impeccable!Special Features:
- Good!happyeaterDined on 11/8/2014My mom and I tried Pura Vida for the first time. We were looking for something different to try. Neither one of us are vegan and both order vegan meals. It was delious and filing. The staff was friendly and great atomostophereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JohnnyDined on 10/31/2014We always enjoy coming to Pura Vida. The food is fresh and creative and the service is always helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!GaryDined on 10/30/2014This was the best food we've had there yet! We have been there a number of times and the trout and snapper were excellent prepared! Service was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulparkerbeeDined on 10/30/2014My husband and I had dined here before but the rest of our party had not. They were all extremely pleased with the food and will return again! My husband and I are huge fans and especially love the way they take care of special dietary needs. I have celiac disease and they are extremely accommodating. Will return many times over.Special Features:
- JustmyopinionDined on 10/29/2014eclectic choices as well as stand by faves for lunch. Good Cheesesteak sandwichSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleveland GemMountainDiningVIPDined on 10/28/2014My first visit to Cleveland and I highly recommend trying this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too spendy for lunchGrebyteDined on 10/23/2014The menu is impressive, with a nice take on farm-to-table, using locally-sourced ingredients where possible. However, it's expensive. Ridiculously expensive. I met a colleague for lunch last week. The least expensive entre was $15 (burger), and the cheese steak was $16. I ordered the chicken breast with potatoes and sauteed mushrooms ($24). The portions of the non-sandwich entrees are definitely dinner-sized. The appetizers/starters looked great, but adding another $4 (bread) to $14 to the cost of a lunch is really practical. I noticed from the website that we only received the urban picnic menu, versus the sandwich/lunch menu. Poor form!Special Features:
- Adequate, but not a destinationjosephVIPDined on 10/18/2014The veggie leaning menu was tasty, but not exception. A bit pricey for what it was. Fine if you're in the area and want to eat a healthy meal. Not a destination restaurant. Nice wine selection
- Fantastic!allsDined on 10/17/2014We met our out of town friends at Pura Vida. We could not have been more pleased with the menu, staff, presentation, and service. Our dinners were delicious and creative. Everyone enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingJohnnyDined on 10/17/2014Our food was simply amazing and our server, Kelly, was great! We stopped in for a bite to eat before a Cavs game and had a wonderful time. We are already talking about our next trip to Pura Vida!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific downtown findSandyDined on 10/14/2014Such a nice surprise. Interesting and inventive dining choices right in the heart of Cleveland. Steps from the casino. Handsome clientele. Knowledgeable service. Decent prices for tasty treats. Loved the chickpea jar. Share with a friend. Wine list was well curated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pura Vida- a must visit!diningfunDined on 10/11/2014The intriguing menu, the sophisticated ambiance, and the servers who educated you about the various menu items in a kind but professional way, all worked together to make this a perfect place for a special night out. I thought the prices were fantastic given the outstanding quality of Pura Vida!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply the bestshainLADined on 10/11/2014First dined at Pura Vida a year ago when I was in town and made sure to get a reservation for my return visit this year. The food is spectacular. Definitely the best restaurant in Downtown Cleveland. And the service is top notch as well. Overall, a gem!Special Features:
- Awesome service, awesome foodTimmyDVIPDined on 10/11/2014Excellent special in the from of a melt in your mouth pork shank. Superb Manhattan, frog legs and unforgettable apple pie, pumpkin pie and vanilla maple gelato. Service was perfect with suggestion and attentiveness. If something comes with the mac and cheese, get it.Special Features:
- Just ok this timeStephanieDined on 10/10/2014We have eaten at pura vita many times in the past and have always had an excellent time. I have never minded spending money on the food because anything we have ordered has always been amazing. this past experience I ordered their burger and my husband ordered the cheesesteak. We both felt this time the food was just ok. We did not leave with the same feeling of wow. The service was excellent and you can actually hear yourself have a conversation. Would think twice again about coming back because of the food.
- One of my favorites!HappyDined on 10/8/2014So yummy - wonderful blend of flavors. Really enjoyed the "chickpea jar" appetizer - layers of hummus, some yummy ricotta cheese, olive tapenade, tomatoes, pesto...with a great crusty bread. I had the carmelized acorn squash - lovely presentation and delicious. Service was friendly and attentive. I love the lighting at Pura Vida - such a fun decor and vibe. Turning into my favorite Cleveland restaurant!Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 10/8/2014We were disappointed. Since this was not our first time I hope it was a fluke. The menu was boring and the food was not up to par. Our server seemed to be more interested in doing something else than waiting on us. From start to finish she showed up maybe three times. I am going to chalk this one up to a bad day and give them another chance. I know they can do better we have had great food and service in the past.
- Not just great for vegansWindstormDined on 10/6/2014We go to Pura Vida because of their outstanding vegan and vegetarian options, but their meat and fish dishes are also excellent. We've also had great, personable service each time we've gone. Really very good food.Special Features:
- Excellent Vegan ChoicesKC2014Dined on 10/4/2014There was a nice amount of vegan menu options, from the Peanut stew to German Cocolate cake!Special Features:
- go back for lunchfudeaterDined on 9/18/2014Took a client for dinner after enduring his choice of a Marriott dinner at the bar last time. I had volunteered to pick something better and hoped this would be it. There were few in the restaurant (thursday evening) so it felt "empty". Ordered the special and they were out of one of the main ingredients. I took it with the spinach when it called for brussel sprouts. The sauce would have been great with the brussel sprouts. Kitchen needs a little work. But the basic food was decent. I would go back for lunch and see what it is like. I am told it is packed at lunch.Special Features:
- Wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We met some friends visiting from Chicago here. It was convenient for them to walk from their hotel. They enjoyed the street scene almost as much as the food. We had a very enjoyable evening here.Special Features:
- Great vegeterian restaurantJonSDined on 9/15/2014Very unique restaurant with excellent food and creative recipes. Atmosphere has a hip, young vibe but could stand to be warmed up with softer lighting, maybe even some carpeting or softer accent pieces. Our entries were just a tad over-seasoned on this Monday evening but not enough to take away from excellent overall experience that included the African Peanut Soup, ChickPea slides, Chicken Papardelle and a selection of beers on draft and an iced tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious birthday dinnerpugsrus3Dined on 9/12/2014I went out to eat with my daughter for her birthday and brought along my sister and cousin. We were floored by how lovely Pura Vida is. We were entranced by the changing lights throughout dinner. We had an amazing bottle of Rose, and my daughter had a very good gin cocktail. We all loved our food(esp my daughter she got the grouper special of the evening with sweet potato gnocci) and had a really wonderful time. We will be back!Special Features:
- Simply outstandingFrequentFoodieDined on 9/11/2014I've frequented Pura Vida well north of 50 times. The food is incredible, and you can't go wrong. Menu changes seasonally. African Peanut Stew is one of the best soups I've ever had (and thankfully always stays on the menu). Fish tacos, when on the menu, are incredible and the fish changes frequently. Other dishes are creative as well. An entire separate vegan/vegetarian menu as well. Great food, great atmosphere. Only negative is the noise level, which can be quite loud when the restaurant is busy.Special Features:
- Yummy Treatfoodie811Dined on 9/8/2014I was in downtown Cleveland for a business trip and my co-worker and I decided to try this place. The food was excellent! My co-worker got the baby kale salad (which I tasted and it was delicious). I got the special soup - butternut squash with apple and gouda cheese. Best butternut squash soup I ever had! Very rich and creamy. We both got the scallop special for dinner. It had a layer of squash gnocci, spaghetti squash with hints of garlic and nuts topped with 6 large pan seared scallops. Pricey at $32, but so yummy! Couldn't finish it all but it was fabulous! I highly recommend it. We went around 7 pm on a Tuesday and it wasn't busy at all. Service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great veggie and vegan optionsLMill566Dined on 9/6/2014This restaurant has an amazing veggie/vegan menu. The African peanut stew is one of my favorite foods in Cleveland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticwelchsDined on 8/30/2014The Menu set up was a bit different but not hard to grasp by any means. Our server was very nice but didn't seem to knowledgeable about the vegetarian options. Trying to up-sell us a salad with Duck and Bacon isn't going to work, and taking it away we would just choose a regular side salad. Overall it was a great meal and as much as I cringe at the thought of Down Town Cleveland it made for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!JohnnyDined on 8/30/2014Pura Vida is one of the best restaurants in Cleveland! The Chef is cutting edge and amazing. The service is friendly and knowledgeable. Our guests loved their dinners. We started with the small bread with bacon jam, the jam was so good we ordered some to take home! I had the pork shank which was so so so good and my husband had the salmon which was so flavorful. One of our guests was vegan and could not believe they offered an entire menu for vegans and vegetarians. We love coming to Pura Vida, it is our favorite restaurant in all Ohio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedVeganfoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014I've eaten here many times and loved it. This past weekend their was a huge private indoor party. We sat outside where service was slow. The peanut stew (my all time favorite usually) was oily and gelatinous. It will be a while before I consider going backSpecial Features:
- Great place for lunchFunFoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014THe service and food were great. The salmon added to most of the salads seems to work well. The room is energetic and the crowd is professional for lunches during the week.Special Features:
- Unique menu variety and tastes!MingCourtluversVIPDined on 8/25/2014DD talked me into trying this restaurant while we were there recently on business. DD told me she had read the reviews on Yelp and they were good. We split our meal as we were not too hungry. Started off our meal with a large bowl of African Peanut soup....it was sooooo tasty and addicting!! The entrée we ordered was the Salmon, which came with a fantastic egg roll creation, also LARGE. The Salmon was the best we've ever had and cooked wonderfully crunchy on the outside and perfectly moist and tender on the inside. The vegetable was green beans mixed with mushrooms somehow cooked to be slightly crunch on the outside, both were very tasty! For dessert we ordered the Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle, and the best Homemade Smores dessert DIVINE!Special Features:
- MiscR216VIPDined on 8/25/2014The food was great, however the table on the outside patio was dirty and the service slowSpecial Features:
- Pay alot of money for awful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The chef there just isn't talented. I was extremely disappointed in every single dish. I wouldn't mind that so much if I was at a cheap chain restaurant. However, I paid $30 for a bass which should have been flakey. Instead it was rubbery. So much so that I had to use a knife to cut it - and really try to boot! None of the flavors were balanced in any of the dishes. The place was empty and now I know why. On the plus side, they have vegetarian and vegan dishes. However, we had a mix of vegan and non-vegan eaters at the table and across the board - none of the dishes were any good.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2014Good food but it is a bit pricey for the menu items. That being said the quality of the food was good.Special Features:
- Great place for vegetariansEllaVIPDined on 8/20/2014I don't eat meat and the options for vegans and vegetarians was fantastic! Tasted good to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vegan Food!GrandpaSweeneyDined on 8/18/2014We went to Pura Vida to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. We knew they had a wonderful vegan menu and vegan wine menu. We had mentioned on our reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary and we were greeted with complimentary glasses of champagne. We started with the bread with humus, tapanade, and pickled vegetables - great. My wife had the polenta with a bean and corn salsa and hominy - what a great flavor profile. I had the soba noodles with a lime cilantro sauce and Asian vegetables, another amazing dish. We finished off the meal with vegan chocolate gelato with sea salt and the vegan German chocolate cake, both were delicious. In addition to the great food, the staff was attentive, friendly, and helpful. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealCrunchygranolaDined on 8/16/2014I chose this restaurant because it had an extensive vegetarian menu for me as well as a full non vegetarian menu for my omnivore dining companions. Everything we tasted, vegetarian or non, was absolutely delicious. The vegan African peanut stew was a favourite of veg and non veg diner. The chickpea bowl sounder simple but was surprisingly delicious. Everyone loved their entrees, from vegetarian polenta cakes to a huge plate of beef ribs. Pleasant atmosphere and staff. Can't wait to go again. Perfect for an occasion or just a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.