41-15 34th Avenue
Astoria, NY 11103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.puntadura.com/
- Phone: 7187212137
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm, Saturday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For family celebrations, rehearsal dinner, wedding receptions or corporate events, Punta Dura offers a completely private elegant banquet room to accommodate your special event. Please contact the restaurant to arrange a tour of the private dining room and discuss personalized menu options. At Punta Dura we take pride in providing the highest quality food plus prompt and attentive service so that you can be confident in selecting Punta Dura for your next private event. Looking forward to hearing from you.
- Private Party Contact: Diana Radovic 7187212137
- Special Events: Private Rooms available
A word from Punta Dura
At Punta Dura you will experience authentic Italian cuisine with a real fine dining flare in a classy yet relaxed atmosphere. Punta Dura is a Italian restaurant that also has a number of Adriatic inspired dishes from Croatia's coastal Dalmatian region. The menu features many pasta, chicken, and meat dishes to choose from including several daily specials. The result is first class dining experience. Spacious dining rooms, hardwood floors and candlelight embellish the mood where scrumptious fare is expertly prepared for your dining pleasures. Punta Dura can seat about 300 people and has a great open feeling to it but still invokes a private coziness for romance. If you have a large or small event, Punta Dura is certainly a place to look into as the ambiance makes for a perfect venue with full bar service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Punta Dura reviews from OpenTable diners
- Croatia in Astoria is fun!GT8MDVIPDined on 9/7/2013These guys have character.. they are a bit quirky but we had a lot of fun. food was good nothing really memorable but they were nice let us have a leisurely meal. The busboy was really a comedian.. Saturday night live entertainment was a combo of bad wedding music and euro-Mexican salsa ....In fact it was not identifiable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ItalianEatingOutDined on 5/18/2013This place is great. My wife and I dined here and the service was amazing. The staff was hospitable. And the food was great. My only qualm is the lack of desert. There are only 3 options. We opted to get the tiramisu which was ok. Other than that it really is a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2013The food was good and the service was excellent. It was quiet the night we went during mid-week.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Great food must try, Punta Dura salad and Pork Chops. Very good wine selections. First time dinner, would recomend. Will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian with flairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Excellent Italian with flair and consistency. The service, atmosphere and food are great! Staff is very attentive and experienced. Friendly bar with a wine list broad enough for any budget... Punta Dura continues the high standards of its well established tradition...Special Features:
- it never pleasant if you eatPopSVIPDined on 1/11/2013it never pleasant if you eat in a empty restaurant [ on a Saturday evening !!! ]
- Great food and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012Great food and the service was outstanding . Every Friday and Saturday they have live music and you can get up and dance we had a great time we will definetly be back.Special Features:
- We arrived on time 5:15pmOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/25/2012We arrived on time 5:15pm and the place was empty But everything was great good food and I think the Place is special for big parties. All the Restaurant was for us and we enjoy it.Special Features:
- overpriced...we battled fruitflies.linnieVIPDined on 2/24/2012overpriced...we battled fruitflies. A local not very special place priced for a prime restaurant. not again.
- Punta Dura is a Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2012This was our first time to Punta Dura on Valentine's Day 2012. I asked for a quiet table away and got a lovely table in the back of the room. They had live music featuring a female singer who was very good, singing love songs from the 50's through the 90's including singing in Italian. People were up on the dance floor. So the ambience was great, and to our surprise the food was delicious. The portions were perfect and we had a very romantic date. I understand that they have weekend music with dancing so we'll definitely be back.
- Wednesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2012Wednesday night is the best deal. Free bottle of wine with 2 entrees. How can you go wrong. The food is always good with surprisingly large portions. The manager seems to always make it a point to ask you how everything is. Great customer service. Almost always eat here when I stay in Queens for work.Special Features:
- Good food here! Almost tooOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2011Good food here! Almost too quiet of an atmosphere. A little on the pricier end, particularly for wine. We went new years eve and someone came over to tell us that there would be an additional $5.00 added to the price of the wine due to the holiday. Which was a little off putting. Otherwise pretty good experience.
- Celebrated a milestone birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/29/2011Celebrated a milestone birthday here with a family group. Everyone had great food aand a terrific time. The service was extremely attentive, and they staff made sure to return to us an expensive camera that was accidently left. I cannot say enough nice words about the owners, the satff, and the experience here.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2011The food was very good and the presentation was pleasing. The waiter was attentive and responsive to our needs. I would recommend this restaurants to friends.Special Features:
- Fabulous food & service withVictoriaVIPDined on 9/10/2011Fabulous food & service with a lively diverse crowd & live music on the weekend!Special Features:
- Not Happy!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/8/2011It was Mother's day so we called to see if there was a special menu. They said there was but you could also order from the regular menu. When we were seated they said there was only the special menu. I'm a vegan. They didn't have any vegan or vegetarian dishes on the menu. When I asked if they could make me a vegetable plate, they brought me a plate with several small pieces of grilled vegetables as a main course. It was pretty bad. After this meal we went out for dessert as I was really hungry. I'd never go back! It was really insulting! They had a private party going on and that was their main concern. They shouldn't have opened for other customers that day.
- Food was fairly good, nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2011Food was fairly good, nothing out of the extraordinary. The room is well lit giving it a dim but bright look. Depending on the occasion it can be either romantic or fun with friends. In my opinion its a good place if your low on money. You can probably find a better spot but Punta Dura does indeed deserve a visit.Special Features:
- It was a nice restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2011It was a nice restaurant, large room, nicely decorated. A very quiet place. Besides my table, there was only one other couple eating there. The waiter was extremely nice and helpful. Portions were generous. We took home leftovers and enjoyed them the following evening.Special Features:
- The place is amazing, hasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2011The place is amazing, has real croatian flair. Attentive wait staff, but not overdone. Food was so delicious. We are definitely going back. Just spectacular!!Special Features:
- Dinner and DancingJulieVIPDined on 2/19/2011It was a nice place to have dinner we had a wonderful meal and there was live music and dancing if you wanted to dance it was very niceSpecial Features:
- The food was great, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2010The food was great, the service was very, very attentive. The only negative was that when the music started (one man band) it was too loud. Lots of couples on the dance floor but I couldn't hear what anyone was saying when he was singing.Special Features:
- We went here for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2010We went here for Mother's day dinner. The place was surprisingly not filled. The service was very attentive. We ordered the fried calamari and caprese as appetizers. The calamari and the marinara sauce were amazing, the caprese portion was small and not seasoned well. For dinner almost everything was delicious, the chicken, the specials, everything was cooked well. The only downfall was the seafood risotto I ordered. The risotto was undercooked and the seafood not very fresh which led to the extra fishyness of the dish and dryness to the seafood. Would go back again, but would not repeat the risotto!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/11/2010Always a pleasure to dine here! The food is very good and the owners are so nice - they really care about their customers.Special Features:
- The restaurant was a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/6/2010The restaurant was a nice choice for a late night dine, wonderful room: We started with a nice bottle Pinot Noir, sparkling water and a few wedges of lime. Our starters were house salad and lobster salad with string beans ( good choices) Our entree's were filet of sole stuffed with crab meat and the Bronzini fish special. The Bronzini was superb after the server removed the bone spine, it was prepared tastefully. Sadly, the filet my guest ordered with stuffing was unpalatable I wasn't sure if it was artificial crab meat or made from frozen( rubbery texture and bland taste). After removing the crab substance we proceeded to have a pleasant dinner. The waiter staff were top notch and knowledgeable people. hey made the night work.Special Features:
- This is one of the more expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/25/2010This is one of the more expensive Italian restaurants in Astoria. The food is pretty good though and the waitstaff always attentive. I would recommend this restaurant for dinner, but probably not for lunch as they don't have any lunch specials, so you will be paying full dinner price for all the dishes.Special Features:
- What a great find! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2010What a great find! The food was fantastic and the service was impeccable! I had a very enjoyable experience dining at Punta Dura's and would return again!!Special Features:
- The kitchen is still veryOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/31/2009The kitchen is still very good, but the manager has changed and there has been a fall off in the front of the restaurant. Hopefully the owners will straighten things out.Special Features:
- First time diner. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2009First time diner. Everything that we ordered was "delicious". My Appetizer: Pulpo Salad & my Entree: Grilled Branzino was "Outstanding". My wife loved her Meal as well- Special Appetizer: Scallop & Portobello Mushroom, Entree: Pasta special with Seafood "to die for". So glad that this restaurant which serves outstanding food along with wonderful service is located in Astoria. Will be back.Special Features:
- Food and Service is Outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2009Food and Service is Outstanding. Pasta and Seafood dishes "MUST TRY" I highly recommend this restaurant. Will be back- Soon.Special Features:
- The food is out of this WORLD.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/30/2009The food is out of this WORLD. By far one of the most underrated places in Astoria. They have live music on the weekends for traditional dancing. Very nice. The service is alsp phenomenal.Special Features:
- A very nice neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/10/2009A very nice neighborhood restaurant with really great food. Our waitress was super nice but she had too many tables so service was a bit sporadic. Would go back.
- LOVED IT! You can tell thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2009LOVED IT! You can tell this place is family-owned, and everyone took great pride in their restaurant from the moment you walked in the door until the moment they all said goodbye as we left. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was great, and people were even dancing to a great live band! The atmosphere was great! The waiter was excellent and the owner came over a couple of times to make sure we were enjoying our food and our time there. At the end of the meal, AFTER I paid for everything, the waiter came over and told us that he knew it was our first time there and that we could have anything on the house before we left, so we got a couple more drinks and left like we were family. ABSOLUTELY will go back!Special Features:
- To my surprise the ownersOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/19/2009To my surprise the owners of Punta Dura informed me that my partner and I were the 1st patrons from Open Table to dine at this restaurant. The owner joined Open Table that day. We received excellent service and the food was wonderful. Menu is extensive including pasta, fish, and meat dishes. I had the salad and entree fish special. Both were delicious. I would definitely go back to this restaurant. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the music but every Friday and Saturday they have live music by the bar area starting at 10. The restaurant is very large and can accomodate large groups. There is also a separate room for large parties. The owner was very accomodating and also bought us a complimentary after dinner drink.Special Features: