New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://punchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 673-6333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Matt Shoemaker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available, please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a lovely and spacious wine bar upstairs of Punch for private events. For a minimum of 450 people and a maximum of 150 people for cocktail party. We also can accommodate seated dinners for up to 65 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Droney 2126736333x
- Entertainment: HAPPY HOUR EVERYDAY 4 to 7 at the Punch Bar / $5 Draft Beers, $5 Well Drinks, $5 House Red and $5 House White...all at Punch. Join us.
A word from Punch Restaurant
Punch Restaurant and Bar is located in the Flatiron District. Renovated by architect Jay Valgora, Punch Restaurant and Bar inspires you visually by its imaginative whimsical artwork and sophistication. Inspirational cuisine of Chef Matt Shoemaker's menu reflects his love of international flavors forged with classical technique. His passion for sophisticated-bold flavor is the hallmark of his cooking. At the bustling bar, you will find many original cocktails: Blood Orange Punch, Cucumber Tini, and a selection of house infused vodkas. French doors, cozy banquets and glowing candelabras create the perfect atmosphere for a date or dinner with friends. With warm hospitality and exceptional value Punch Restaurant and bar is a real KNOCKOUT!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Punch Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- always a great timerogoDined on 11/2/2014I can only speak for the brunch, but it's always an amazing time. The staff is friendly and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transition not going so wellPeterVIPDined on 10/31/2014The food is certainly tasty and well-presented but lunch is just not equipped with staff to keep up. The day we enjoyed tasty salads and sandwiches (all quite good) one woman was taking all the orders even though there were 2-3 people to bring the food from the kitchen. As the restaurant filled she was basically stuck looking at people hailing her. Gotta put another server-order taker on the floor.
- Good place, but Food is okayvihurricane02Dined on 10/24/2014Wny with a friend and had a good time. I had the ravioli and they had the lobster spaghetini. Ravioli was great. Spaghetini was so-so. A bit dry and cold. Otherwise, I'd come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BORINGGreatMauiFoodDined on 10/5/2014Safe, boring diner food, but not even diner food. At least you KNOW what you're getting in a diner. This was dreadful. There were 5 of us for brunch and it was awful. Service was ridiculously juvenile.... "let's balance ALL the coffee cups, one on top of another, when we clear the table".
- Food was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Food was not good at all. Only redeeming thing was unlimited brunch drinks.
- ReliableMoogyDined on 9/30/2014great local place. Good vibe , excellent staff & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed Afternoonurd202VIPDined on 9/27/2014Good food, great server who made sure our bottomless didn't bottom out. Definitely looking forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Not greatPrivateDancerDancin4MoneyDined on 9/1/2014We looked at the menu online before arriving. When we got there half of the menu was unavailable because of some remodeling in the kitchen. They only has salads and appetizers, no main courses. The food was just ok.
- Noisy and food so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014The noise level was so bad on the lower level that we askedf it was quieter upstairs. Slight improvement but not enough to enjoy the conversation. The food was not even "okay".
- Good business lunch experienceBDProfInNYCDined on 8/12/2014I got the beets and goat cheese salad which was very tasty and a. great plate for the summer time. Also got the crab and avocado salad roll appetizer which was tasty but be aware it comes in a rice paper roll. The ambience was nice. Not very formal but still sophisticated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 239 reviews are from the Punch Restaurant reviews archive.
- ritadusheaVIPDined on 7/28/2014We have eaten family dinners here as well as special occasion group dinners, and have never been disappointed. The menu is choices are wonderful and very inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!AC1992Dined on 7/20/2014The waiter was very attentive and friendly and made our experience that much better! The bottomless brunch deals is one of the best I've been to! Definitely will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great finddipterDined on 7/15/2014Great restaurant, good location. Fun atmosphere, but the only downside was the noice level, even at the back of the restaurant was loud. Great for group hangout after work, but too noicy for a quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Brunch :)DendroDined on 7/11/2014Great brunch with the unlimited brunch special they do here- my glass was literally never empty, lol, ouch! Great time here all in all, and I'll definitely be back. P.S. they have really good white sangria, yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch Punch!DennisDined on 7/11/2014I had Lunch in Punch this afternoon and enjoyed it greatly. I had their gazpacho to start, which was cucumber & peach with Maine crab- really delicious and a great starter in this hot weather. I went with the Punch buger for my main course, while my friend had the heirloom salad off the specials board. My burger was cooked well, and I had the double smoked bacon topping with cheddar- great flavor! My friends salad was a generous portion size, and I'll definitely try it when I come back. Service was friendly and quick, and the atmosphere here is casual and relaxing. Nice job Punch- see you again :)Special Features:
- Punch for the win(e)FoodmanDined on 7/11/2014Made reservations last night for Punch as I knew I'd be in the Flatiron and getting off the 23rd street station on Broadway around that time. Not my first time here, but I do love the relaxed atmosphere the place offers, especially by the opened doors at the front. The food is always consistent and today I had the organic chicken with risotto- really delicious and not at hall too heavy for that time of day. Service is friendly and not overbearing, and I notice they not have some TVs in the bar area ( wonder what it's like here for the football?). Truly one of my fave spots on Broadway ..Special Features:
- TastefulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Everything that I've had here is really good. They have some amazing sweet potato fries and grilled cheese.Special Features:
- good food, service needs helpjatwomDined on 7/8/2014I love Punch, it's a charming little bar/restaurant but the waiters really needs to step up their game. And really there is just one in particular whose command of English is so terrible she should not be in a service business. Other than that a nice place to eat and chat.Special Features:
- Punch for business lunch.dineoutlessandlessDined on 6/25/2014Punch is consistently good food. However the service always leaves a bit to be desired. Slow service and waiters/waitresses often seem confused as to how to "service" the needs of the customers. Some spruce up training needed. Atmosphere so pleasant and it's in a great neighborhood.Special Features:
- dont go for a quiet niteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2014I met two friends who get together infrequently and we wanted to catch up,. It was a fairly young crowd and was super noisy. We really couldn't hear each other. But OK the world cup was on - what could we expect with a big screen TV. However, the wait was really long to get our food. It was only after i pointed out to the Matre D that we were waiting a pretty long time. Miraculously our food was ready, so we were all convinced that it had been ready - the waiter just was negligent. He wasn't super busy. He brought my two friend their meals and i figured i had to wait so i told them to start but they pointed out to the waiter that i was missing my turkey burger. Miraculously it appeared. Kinda weird.Special Features:
- good but noisysfw4CDined on 6/17/2014We went for a dinner with friends and began downstairs at 6:30 in the back of the restaurant. Too noisy to talk easily. Then went to the upstairs area for a quieter dinner spot. Although it was quieter, they did not seem prepared to present a full dinner as opposed to lighter fare. Food was good, service was fair. I was very surprised that happy hour was not honored while sitting at tables for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/4/2014For most part reliable. maybe I hit it on a bad night. Very slow, and it seems there was on waitress which contributed to the slowness. The Ice cream sandwich dessert was awfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to punchWhirlygirl211Dined on 6/1/2014My boyfriend and I are from dc and we came up for weekend getaway. I planned the whole trip online and discovered Punch for brunch on urbanspoon. The location was easy to find by foot, indoor seating only but they had the whole front of the restaurant open to the street so you still felt the sun and the city atmosphere. The food was great and 90 minute bottomless brunch drinks were amazing. Out waiter was a bit forgetful but everyone was friendly. The restuarnat was moderately busy for a Sunday morning but I recommend making reservations as it seemed most tables had reserved signs on them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!nyc1357Dined on 5/16/2014This was my first visit to Punch. What a nice place - terrific location, good food ,reasonable prices and friendly staff. The menu offered a variety of choices (my companion and I shared bluefish tacos, calamari and french fries). Everything tasted great! I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- LunchsuzwpDined on 5/16/2014I reserved a lunch for a group of 8. The majority of the group really liked the food. I liked my wine (I had the Pino Grigio). Good atmosphere, good service and good food. The menu had a nice variety and nothing too exotic so there was something to satisfy everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageADRSDined on 5/12/2014Salad was too peppery. Lobster roll had too much mayo. Sangria tasted artificial (I exchange it back to wine). With so many other delicious restaurant to try in that area, I would probably not go back to punch.
- Comfortable & FriendlyNYCdiningVIPDined on 5/11/2014Punch is a perfect place to enjoy leisurely dining. The service is very friendly and efficient and they never pressure you to eat and leave. We talked for a long time after we finished dessert and no one bothered us...of course, it wasn't very crowded at that time. The food is generally generous and pretty good. The tempura string beans are not to be missed. We also enjoyed the Middle Eastern appetizer, but the mushroom ravioli was a bit too al dente and under salted for our taste. In the past, I've had the Punch Cobb salad, which I had chopped and it was very good. All in all, Punch is always on my regular list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for BrunchNYCandJimmyDined on 5/11/2014I was meeting two friends for a bit of a reunion brunch and this was actually quite perfect. We were seated right on the open area at the front of the restaurant which, for Broadway just below Flatiron is the best, (sidewalk and bike lane seperating us from very low traffic section of B'way). I walked in first, alone, and was shown the table already open and set and allowed to sit, rare for a NYC brunch on Mother's Day. The food, while not outstanding, was exactly what brunch should be. We stayed for a really long time, long after we finished eating, and we were never asked to leave. The noise level was typical for Brunch, but completely manageable. The table was tiny but somehow this didn't seem to matter. Great value too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchfranklyafoodieDined on 5/4/2014We went there for a birthday brunch, and heard about the bottomless brunch they have. It took awhile for the waitress to greet our table, and she said it was because the whole group was not intially there, which I personally thought was a sore excuse. Then it took awhile for her refill our drinks when we had finished our cocktails. The birthday girl was a bit disappointed about this, but in the end the food was amazing! I will definitely come back:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2014They renovated the bar area and added two large screens since my last visit. Noise level seemed higher than I remember for dinner. But Punch is good for lunch and dinner. Something on the menu for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchDeniseDined on 4/13/2014A great place for brunch where you don't have to wait hours or make reservations weeks before. The good was amazing and my glass was never empty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodUkvisitorDined on 4/3/2014We were visiting from the UK and I made a reservation for my husbands 40th Birthday. Not knowing NYC, I just took a gamble with a Google search. We were not disappointed, the service was very good and all staff really friendly. The food and it's presentation were amazing, really delicious and we could not fault it, we both really enjoyed it. We were with our 2 year old daughter and the staff accommodated to her needs of a small portion of pasta, she fell asleep while were dining and one of the waiters boxed it up for us to take back to our hotel. Our daughter woke at 2am and was hungry, so the pasta came in handy. There was a nice vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AppetizersUrbandude7Dined on 3/29/2014Fairly good food; the appetizers/small plates were better than the main courses in terms of quality. My mahi mahi was one of the most expensive things on the menu and, unfortunately, extremely over salted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a group of 6 and wereJohnDined on 3/15/2014We were a group of 6 and were seated right away. We ordered most of the appetizers for the group and they were all excellent. The entrees were also all very good. The only negative for Punch is the service was fairly slow. Since we were a group and were not in a hurry, it wasn't a big deal. However, we did have to ask more than once to have drinks refilled and it took a long time for the drinks to come. This does not apply to the busboy who was right there to fill water and clear plates. Overall a every good experience.Special Features:
- doors were locked at reservation.franclyDined on 3/10/2014fortunately I was there for a lunch business meeting, the service staff afforded us plenty of time through their many absences. Food was ok. I over tipped because we occupied the table so long because of the staff absense and slow delivery of food.
- Nice placemynyclifeVIPDined on 3/9/2014I made a reservation here for 4 for brunch because it was close to Eataly, and we were taking friends there who had never been. While we were greeted warmly, I was a little concerned because it was pretty empty when we arrived. But that changed after being there for about a half-hour and it was full of happy people. Amongst the four of us, we had grits with fried eggs, bacon AND sausage--yum! We also had the chorizo hash with fried eggs, and the veggie burger. All were very good. My only complaint was the beer list is really limited--I ended up with Budweiser, which is fine, but when so many good brunch places have good beer lists, too, this was a disappointment. My friends enjoyed the pear bellinis. Our server was very sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Brunch spotBrooklynGirlDined on 3/9/2014Went here based in reviews and the fact that they took brunch reservations. Great decision! Food is excellent. I had the steak in red wine sauce and eggs... YUM!!! Staff was friendly and informative. Bottomless brunch for $35 is worth every penny. Mimosas and bellinis were good and unlimited for 1.5 hours. The muffin basket and apricot and strawberry preserves were delicious. I have found my go-to Sunday brunch spot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my cold nite outdebbieDined on 2/27/2014Dinner was excellent.. wine superb.. crowd was exuberant!!! AKA noise level was high!!!.. but we sat in the back.. so there was no problem..This is my second time @ Punch and I would do it again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!DebbVIPDined on 2/22/2014My boyfriend and I came here for a very early dinner. It was our second time and we were not disappointed. The servers were great and gave us the dinner menu when we asked even though we arrived early at 5. The first time we dined here, we loved the skirt steak and sweet potato fries. This time, we ordered the pork, which was supposed to be pork tenderloin but they only had pork chop and it was AMAZING. It was a huge piece of pork chop with a BBQ sauce and my boyfriend finished the whole thing. I had the pappardelle bolognese and I enjoyed it but it was nothing special. Overall, we love PUNCH and would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good weekday spotKtwil14Dined on 1/15/2014I always like punch, besides it being a little too loud (because it's quite popular) they always have a good selection of wine and the food is delicious. We usually go during the week, and if you're just going for a drink in the bar they have a late happy hour until eight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.