Punch Bowl Social Portland
340 SW Morrison Street, 3rd Floor
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Punch Bowl Social Portland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://punchbowlsocial.com/pdx
- Phone: 5033340360x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: M-Su 5:00pm-12:00am
Brunch: Sa-Su 9:00am-4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: William Lewis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With 32,000 square feet of we have semi-private space that will accommodate groups of 10 to 1200.
- Private Party Contact: Jody Grossman 5033340360x
A word from Punch Bowl Social Portland
Punch Bowl – Social Food & Drink (PBS) is a 32,000 square foot high-volume bar, gastro-diner, coffee house, entertainment and private party venue occupying the entire 3rd floor at Pioneer Place Mall. PBS - PDX features: 12 bowling lanes, private Karaoke rooms, ping pong, deck-shuffle, shuffleboard, darts, foosball, Skee-ball, marbles, board games, 15 televisions, and a wall of throwback 1980’s video games and pinball. At PBS, if you can do it over a beer, we’ve got it.Continued
Where Paul Bunyan meets Don Draper
Where Paul Bunyan meets Don Draper
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Punch Bowl Social Portland reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Arcade funPortlandwithkidsDined on 9/12/2014Weirdly quiet for Friday night but good for us. Kids played reasonably priced arcade games (no tickets for prizes:) while we enjoyed visiting. Good food. Cool juice drinks and good draft options. Kids meals were a hit with a dairy free crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We had a large group and needed a place for breakfast. I reserved a table at Punch Bowl Social going in blind. I was not dissapointed. I heard they do a lot of business in the evening, so the place was quite when we were there. The food was fantastic, and the employees were attentive and super nice! Thanks for a great time.Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Punch Bowl Social Portland reviews archive.
- Overall niceKKflute02Dined on 5/17/2014We started off in the dining room which went well. We enjoyed the food. Two in the group ordered the same drink and one was much stronger than the other. The food came out in good time. After that there was a lack of communication at the activity desk that cause a few set backs for us. Their was an event going on so half of the restaurant was closed which did not help. We had to walk "around" the floor a lot. It was hard to find the correct bowling ally without asking for help. The rack that held the balls was already full so a few of us had to hold our bowling balls. The server never checked in with us at the ally. It was hard to get her attention. There were other set backs but their custom service to solve the problems was above parr.Special Features:
- A lot of funPeetDined on 5/16/2014We went for a birthday dinner and bowling. It was perfect. The bowling lanes themselves are very entertaining! It got a bit crowded around 8:30 but we were just wrapping up anyway. The food was good too, would like to try their brunch sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceOzDaddyDined on 5/10/2014There is a lot to do. Food is good, and wait staff was very attentive. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceBrezzyDined on 4/25/2014Had a great time celebrating my birthday here waiter were a little confused and rude but overall nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Call ahead to see what's availableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Came here for dinner on a Friday night for the first time, food was good, service was prompt and friendly, the manager stopped by our table to say hello and ask about our experience. Only disappointment was that I made a reservation here to specifically be able to play some of the games that make PBS unique to other restaurants in town, but due to some other large groups that had booked the same evening all the games were either reserved or in part of the restaurant that was off limits for a private event. I did not think to call ahead to see what games areas would be available, so we ended up eating and leaving. Would recommend calling ahead if you want to play as well as dine to see what is available or off limits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014Had my going away shinding here. Lots of good times. Great service; made up for the fact that they served me the wrong order.Special Features:
- Fun, inexpensive meeting spotDatenightVIPDined on 4/18/2014This venue takes up almost a whole floor of Pioneer Place mall in downtown PDX. There are many group activities going on here from dining to bowling and other games... also great for the kids. There are a couple of bars but everyone seems family oriented. The service was prompt, friendly and knowledgeable. The food was good with some local twists on old favorites. The menu is somewhat simple and not too varied but remember this place caters to families and social gatherings. Prices were reasonable. This is truly a social gathering, playing and eating spot within a mall, no less.Special Features:
- great for out of townersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014Had a group from out of town, and thought this place reflected a Portlandia-ish vibe perfectly. Plus the food is great! And my drink was never empty, great service!Special Features:
- Cool place but...SkippyDined on 3/27/2014We tried Punch Bowl Social for the first time and like the interesting mix of food. We had two kids (14/12) and there was something for everyone. What's weird is that the place was kind of a ghost town. In the mall can't be cheap, so unless it's gets way crowded later (we were there at 7) I don't know how they survive. We didn't do the games and stuff, just food. But I want to go back for the whole experience. I liked the place and hope they do well!Special Features:
- worth a trygorjosDined on 3/22/2014The food was great. The bar service was alright. I guess really just the one bartender was a bit unconcerned with attending to patrons. But the rest of the staff was really considerate and attentive. didn't play any games. just focused on drinks and food. Its a little spendy honestly, but the food quality was worth it in my opinion. the drinks - stick to happy hour specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting gimmickOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Portland nightclub meets a "Dave and Busters" style venue... The food was kind of fusion style with out a focus on any one region. The drinks were strong and exotic. The ambience was dark and crowded. Going from restaraunt to the entertainment was confusing and difficult. The bowling was fun despite the lanes being short and packed. All in all it was an interesting experience. It does seem more suited to patrons who like to be in the crowd and are willing to sacrifice breathing space for a bit of convenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoyenRevuerestoDined on 3/8/2014Small menu. The deviled eggs and cheesecake were good. We were served salmon not completely cooked that we sent back to the kitchen. Very loud place! Hard to find how to get in pioneer place at night since there is no sign indicating which one entrance was left open. Friendly waiter.Special Features:
- Good food but very loudSoledeeDined on 3/8/2014We asked for a booth or quiet table, and definitely got the booth. Unfortunately, the booth was right below a speaker so we heard music blaring the whole time we were there. The food was ok. Not really our kind of place.Special Features:
- EnergeticMichaelandletiDined on 3/7/2014Three bars, bowling, video games, darts - an energetic location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful service. Disorganized staff.1unhappycamperDined on 2/28/2014Limited and poor selection on their menu. We ended up walking out of the restaurant after being shuffled around no less than 6 times. Thought it would be a fun evening but ended up disappointed. No cohesiveness with staff and management.
- Valentine's Day Date nightDucatiGP46Dined on 2/14/2014It was really good how the waitress kept checking back in with us through our dining experience. Also someone who wasn't even our waiter took our picture for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funsuperjavafreak2Dined on 2/14/2014We found it to be welcoming. The food was good and they offer so many different things to keep you busy from shuffle board to games you can check out and play. We will definitely go back for a group outing.Special Features:
- Awesome new spotBachelorettePlannerDined on 1/18/2014I just found this place ad I'm so glad I did! I came with a group of 16 girls for a bachelorette party and they didn't have any problem fitting us all in. They even accommodated my special request to be all in one group and a special lounge area. The service was pretty slow and a couple members of our party did not actually get a couple things they ordered, but I realize we were a big group and they seemed pretty busy. I expect a little better service next time hopefully. There was a really good DJ and they were nice to accommodate our request to turn the music down a little bit so that we could all talk more. I will definitely be going back to try out some of their other activities, like bowling, ping-pong, where the karaoke room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work functiongiveu2tictacsDined on 1/12/2014I put in a reservation online. This was my first time ever going here. Someone had suggested this place. I had gotten a table in the dinning area since everything else was booked. My party did not seem to mind the change and we all stayed late enough to use the karaoke area as we had planned. There is plenty to do here and staff is very friendly. My husband and I may go back alone for a date.Special Features:
- DisorganizedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014I went in for my Birthday. Had a reservation at 6:30 and was told I could put my name in and would have no problem getting a few lanes for bowling. This was NOT the case. Not only did they have corporate events booking over half the place but they bumped my already delayed reservation from 8:30 to 9:30. I pitched a fit and got on at 9pm but I had been there since 6:30! Half my birthday party guests left because they didn't want to wait and they couldn't even go drink or play other games because of all the "private events"
- bummedShontzDined on 1/10/2014My hubby and I have kids and we rarely get a date night. We almost chose romantic over fun but we went for fun. We were super bummed to find that when we got there approx. 8pm we could not play any of the games on account of so many private parties that night, so we just ate and left. I wish there would have been some foreknowledge to the fact we could not play any of our favorite games prior to coming is all. We would've have still come, just at a different time / night. It ended up feeling like a wasted evening for us.... :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour and activities!DarcjeanDined on 1/10/2014We were a group of 24 colleagues on a busy Friday afternoon. Our table was ready well before everyone arrived. There is a nice selection of happy hour drinks and upscale bar and grill type appetizers. The staff was very accommodating to special dietary requests/needs. The service was responsive and attentive. The lead server, Crystal was fantastic! She had a great attitude and was extremely service-oriented. We are a friendly, but sometimes needy group, and Crystal was unphased and stayed positive and helpful the 4+ hours we were there. This is a great place for a fun evening out with a large group of people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Fun for ALLjlenleyDined on 12/31/2013LOVED the drink selections! Menu was adventurous, but not intimidating. Come as you are or dress up - you'll fit right in either way. Great for a drink with a friend, a first date, or meeting a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehTegs710Dined on 12/13/2013Service is super slow but the staff is friendly. Ordered a burger and asked for it to be cooked well done. When it arrived, it was pink and I sent it back. It came back just a few minutes later and had clearly been thrown in the microwave. The veggies and the bread were way overcooked and just not good. We had to ask to have a new burger brought out and they did bring a new one but, by that time, everyone else at my table had finished eating. All in all, it was fine but I probably wouldn't go back. Drinks were so-so and food was okay.
- I really want to like itJessStalloneDined on 12/5/2013I have been to Punch Bowl for lunch, dinner, and bowling and I have been left unsatisfied each time. This place has great ambiance and views of downtown, but the food is terrible. The choices are very limited and are just weird entrees. Also, the bowling lanes are very cramped so my boyfriend and I had to share the 4 feet of common space with a group of 8 people in the lane next to us. The best part about this place is the service. Our server in the diner and our server in the bowling lane really stood out to us. We will probably go back just because of the service, but only if I can find a daily deal again.Special Features:
- good spot for our group toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2013good spot for our group to get together for dinner and activitiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013I made reservations to celebrate our sons 18th Birthday @ PBS. When they called to confirm, I asked about bowling/karaoke reservations and was told it is first come, but at 6:00 the wait shouldn't be too long. We arrived at 6, to find that half the place, including all the karaoke was closing for a private party at 7:00. Bowling was a min 2 hour wait. (I got a text that our lane was available at 8:25) We ordered appetizers, drinks and entrees and our table was cleaned off by 7:15. We felt rushed to leave since the place was packed to watch the OSU game. We could have gone out for a nice dinner anywhere, but wanted a fun, cool place for an 18th birthday dinner. I felt bad that I planned a night out and we couldn't do anything.Special Features:
- very cozy place35iskaDined on 10/22/2013I love the design, very modern, unique and clean. Ambience so cool and romantic at the same time. Food is great and has a unique taste to it. Place is really perfect for hang out. And lastly staff were nice specially our server Travis. Will surely come back.Special Features:
- Horrid ServiceNWeaterDined on 10/5/2013For a bar which brags about alcoholic drinks in it's name....their drink menu is odd, small, and just not very appealing. Service was extremely slow and staffed by people clearly working their first service job.
- Sweet and RelaxngAmaraDined on 9/19/2013Every time I come here , whether it be with my friends or my boyfriend, we always have a good time here. I am extremely happy with the great customer service that I receive from the staff. All of them are so friendly and there is so much to do there. They defintely know how to satisfy their customers. I will continue coming here and celebrating with my friends at such an amazing place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not real lively, but very good foodJeremyDined on 9/13/2013Overall a good dining experience. The place was new and not very busy, granted it was an early dinner. The food was very good and I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elevated Diner FoodgastropubgeekDined on 9/7/2013I had heard about this place opening a couple weeks ago but waited until they worked the kinks out to try it. Kinks are officially done; this place is great. The menu is clearly based on diner classics with some ethnic influences; however, it's not traditional dining at all. The food was fresh, created and very well thought through. Four of us started with Oyster Nachos (we almost had Duck Fat Fries but were not disappointed in the nachos). I had a delicious eggplant dish with chick pea salad and tomato nage. Passed around a hot sauce brined Fried Chicken, a Beef Tongue Gyro (yup, beef tongue -- and it was DELICIOUS) and a Hamburger in a cast iron skillet with house cut fries. We bowled for an hour after. Great time all around.Special Features:
- DeliciouseaterDined on 9/6/2013I had the beef tongue gyro and it totally ruled. Don't be afraid of the beef tongue part! It was sliced thin and perfectly seasoned. Good, seed-in olives in the Greek salad side, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Place To BeATP516Dined on 8/18/2013Wow, what doesn't this place have? 3 bars, Diner, 12 bowling lanes, ping-pong, shuffle board, foosball, video games, Karaoke rooms, and AMAZING food & drinks. I went in for dinner, but noticed that Punch Bowl is open for lunch, brunch, and late night until 2 am. Breakfast is always served on the lunch / dinner menu. Fried pickles are killer, biscuits and gravy were awesome, and the Peanut Butter, Bacon Rice Krispies Treat was incredible. There were so many desserts I have to go back just to try more of them. We had the Wrong Island Iced Tea and the Problem Solver, which were great cocktails, and next time I go in I plan to have one of the fresh squeezed non-alcoholic juice "cocktails." Service was smooth and the staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.