Punch Bowl Social Denver
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Punch Bowl Social Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.punchbowlsocial.com/
- Phone: (303) 765-2695
- Hours of Operation:
Monday Through Friday 11am to 2am
Saturday & Sunday 9am to 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Sergio Romero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Punch Bowl Social is a 27,00 sq foot facility with plenty of Private space available for any type of event you are looking to do. We have a mezzanine that can hold up to a party of over 100. You can reserve our Holiday Lodge that is great for groups up to 100 but as little as 10. There is a great space for plated or cocktail events as well as full buyouts of up to 1500 guests. Whatever your private event needs Punch Bowl surely has something available for you no matter how big or small. Please feel free to give us a call and we can send you some event materials and set up a meeting with our great Events Team.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Martinez 720-428-2212x
- Entertainment: The entertainment concept of Punch Bowl sets us aside from any other venue out there we have a multitude of things to do while out with friends family or just wanting to get out of the house. We have a daily happy hour from 3:00-6:00 every day of the week as well as drink specials all day long. Activities include: 8 Bowling Lanes, 3 Ping Pong Tables, Billiards, Marbles, Arcade Games, HD Buck Hunter, 3 Bars, D.J. Thursday-Saturday nights, Open until 2:00 every night of the week. Deck Shuffle Board, Table Shuffle board, Skee Ball, Board Games, 3 Dart Boards, Bags, and a great service staff.
- Cross Street: 1st
- Public Transit: Bus stop right on our corner of 1st and Broadway. We also have a B-Cycle kiosk in our lot to get you where you need to go around the neighborhood
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have the largest Parking Lot in the baker neighborhood along with valet service available Friday and Saturday nights. It is handicapped accessible and right in front of our location. Drive in Park and enjoy Punch Bowl.
A word from Punch Bowl Social Denver
From award winning restaurateur, Robert Thompson, comes a new concept that focuses on food and beverage first and foremost, with a compliment of old school, throwback entertainment. Culinary integrity begins in the elevated diner, with their scratch kitchen - locally sourced & organic ingredients, and is heightened by craft cocktails, local beers & spirits, and adult milkshakes. At Punch Bowl Social you will enjoy bowling, ping pong, billiards, darts, marbles, 80's arcade, in a victorian style warehouse. Punch Bowl Social is the perfect place for your next event. With space for 10 to 1000 guests, host your office happy hour, birthday party, anniversary, holiday party, and more. Serving guests until 2:00 every night of the week, Punch Bowl Social offers a full menu throughout the restaurant, serving breakfast ('til 3) lunch and dinner ('til 10) with a late night menu to follow. Punch Bowl Social surely has something for you and your friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Punch Bowl Social Denver - Best Restaurants in Baker ›
Punch Bowl Social Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (17)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fun place for games, drinks & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/27/2014PBS does a fine job. A lot of games and activities to keep you busy and entertained. Menu looked fantastic and my expectations were high because of how great everything was written. The food was average to good - the menu descriptions were much better than the execution. Sauce with strawberry quesadillas left much to be desired and would have been better with traditional guac and salsa. Friend said pork belly app had little to no pork belly. Punch bowl drinks were also disappointing - waaaaaay too sweet and I couldn't even taste the alcohol (nor did I get a buzz). The Mule was very good however and they had a lot of beers to choose from. Also disappointed that they didn't allow bowling 1.5 hrs prior to large group having reserved them.
- slow and awful servicebdaydateDined on 10/19/2014Slow service from the start, had one meal missing the entire brunch. 1 member of our party didn't get his meal until everyone else was done (which took 40 min to eat, we were there a total of 2 hours). He immediately boxed up his meal to take home. Earlier when we told the server about the missing meal & she admitted there was some sort of mistake our server seemed to avoid the table & didn't fix the issue in a timely manner. I work in the service industry and know that things get messed up, I have sympathy for that. But it was the complete lack of customer service once the issue was discovered by the server that got to me. Manager did comp the late meal & drinks after we complained, but still left disappointed. Won't be going back.
- Hip, modern with decent foodPickyyetfriendlyDined on 10/10/2014Friendly servers even though a little too busy and they can be hard it get attention of. Appetizers, entrees and drinks are rather decent,Special Features:
- Fun place for lunch or brunchweezy335VIPDined on 8/30/2014I give PBS credit for really trying to carve out a restaurant destination in its cavernous space. The brunch menu was hipster, but in a way that didn't take itself too seriously. (One dish is named 'hipster hash' and was sure to point out it contained 'foraged' mushrooms.) Our server was fantastic - he kept checking on us to refill our coffee, ask if things were ok, and let two of us stay and chat in our roomy booth for three hours! I just wish that 1) the coffee were hot when served, 2) dishes weren't so salty, 3) the crab cakes were larger than two little discs and contained more crab (and fewer carrots), 4) the pies and cheesecakes tasted as amazing as they look in the case.Special Features:
- Great food, service to be desiredKburkeDined on 8/2/2014The food and drink was excellent however we ordered Mac and Cheese and it came out cold with a scolding hot plate. We let the manager know and she did not seem to care at all nor did she even offer to make it right. We asked if we could either reheat it or get a new one. She then brought us a new one and it was good. We never once got a apologie from the manager nor the server. Despite the lack of personality from the server and the manager I would eat here again because the food is amazing. It also has a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/31/2014We had drinks & appetizers for lunch. Great place for drinks, food & bowling. We didn't bowl but this would be a place I would go to alot if we lived in Denver.Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the Punch Bowl Social Denver reviews archive.
- Food was good but....Sugarplum23Dined on 7/19/2014Service and food were pretty good. I had the relleno, which was amazing. Waitress was lovely, except when she mentioned me in comparison to her mother, and disappeared after she brought our main meal. The punch bowls were watered down and ridiculously overpriced. Really the main problem is the noise level. And I went there with a group of women knowing we were loud. We could not hear each other over the table. It was crazy. And it wasn't late at night, it was 6 PM. Again, I get that it's a boisterous loud place, but you should be able to hear someone besides the person next to you. I will not be going back because of the insane noise level.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!AdamVIPDined on 7/6/2014It was a great place to celebrate my 33rd birthday with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findSarcasguyVIPDined on 7/2/2014So I had many friends tell me about this restaurant, finally decided to give it a try. I was impressed with the service and the food was great. I have to recommend that you try their punch...it was amazing. Will be going backSpecial Features:
- SO much fun!jme0907Dined on 6/27/2014Punchbowl Social was a blast! They accomodated our large group and kept all the checks separate! Our waitress was awesome and the games were so much fun :) We had a great time!Special Features:
- Great place for my family!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014My husband is one of the pickiest people on the face of the earth and he loved this place. We had two 2 year olds with us and they loved it too! The Service was outstanding and it was so nice to eat somewhere that wasn't too crowded and had our food ready in no time. The food was also outstanding and we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDVIPDined on 6/21/2014Interesting and entertaining place, but one of those restaurants where people keep asking if you are happy, but then don't address the issues. Service was VERY slow. Waitstaff friendly at least. Waiter said he would replace drink I didn't like, but had to talk to manager. Never was removed from bill. This place seems friendly, but very disorganized.Special Features:
- Punch HappyJoanneegDined on 6/15/2014We went to the Punch Bowl Social Food and Drink for Father's Day and loved it. We chose to sit outside, as inside was a tad too lively for brunch. The food was delicious and our waiter (who definitely is related to Vin Diesel) was fabulous. We will definitely go back and partake of the punch bowl.Special Features:
- Father's Day BummerjjoesDined on 6/15/2014Father's Day for brunch was a one time visit for sure. Server didn't know the menu and after our order was put in, she had to come back two different time to tell my daughter no walnuts means no carmel and the last visit no nutella too because are all three are mixed together sooo here's your banana and ice cream waffle. Never checked back once food was delivered and had to ask 2 different times for coffee refills. Lastly, waited forever for the check. Bummer of a Father's Day breakfast. Never want to feel as though I'm working harder and am more concerned with our meal than our server.Special Features:
- PBSAneeterVIPDined on 5/31/2014Love them! Great drinks. Great food. Lovely staff. It can be loud, so don't expect a quiet convo with your honey. :) AND SKEE BALL! Yay!Special Features:
- Perfect Graduation LunchEaterVIPDined on 5/22/2014We had a fantastic graduation lunch for 9 followed by bowling. The food and service were perfect! Our tastes are diverse from the adventurous to the picky and all were pleased with the menu! The staff accommodated our every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch and BowlingabouttownDined on 5/17/2014We wanted to take our soon-to-be high school graduates for a fun celebration. We chose Punch Bowl Social because it had a cool "adult" feel. The bowling was booked from 1:00pm until the evening but they were able to squeeze us in for an hour of great times, before the parties started! Then we enjoyed the delish brunch. We ordered from both lunch and breakfast menus and everything was spectacular! Thank you for helping us make it a fun day!Special Features:
- A fun place to dine!chloeDined on 5/11/2014A very fun place! The good was good and the ambiance---fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe because it was a holidayamm27Dined on 4/20/2014We made a reservation for our group of 5 because it was a holiday and we weren't sure how busy they would be. Two of our 5 arrived shortly before we did and they had coffee when we sat down. We waited for 10 minutes before a server came back to the table to see if we needed food. And she wasnt our server. She asked "has someone been with you?" then our server (ANN?) came by "oh yeah i got them, can you take that table" She came back and took our order, then someone else dropped off our food (which was delicious) and she was by about half way through our meal. Then we had to track her down to get our check. This experience isnt what i have normally experienced at Punch Bowl, and I will be back. Perhaps she was just having a rough day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lu ROCKS!AneeterVIPDined on 4/16/2014I had a rough day at the office and Luciana made my evening! She told us about yummy foodstuffs AND we chatted in Italian! The food was delish... the drinks... YUM... and Luciana ... LOVERLY!! Go! Go to PBS!Special Features:
- Yum~JessBDined on 4/12/2014Love the Punch Bowls!!! Great wings and edamame. Waitress attentive, accomodating. Good affordable drink options (love Old Man Cans) and reasonable priced food.Special Features:
- Great social space for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2014Chicken and waffles. Do it. Genius. Lavender sour cocktail- you won't stop. 4 man pacman. Bowling. Fun night had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place, Great Drinksfoodie79Dined on 3/29/2014The group I went with had fun, and enjoyed ourselves. The service was great, and the drinks are amazing. However the few people who ordered food only enjoyed the desserts. The food wasn't horrible, but not something they would want to order again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/27/2014Had a delicious lunch here, memorable street tacos! Can't wait to have them again. My friend said her burger was the best ever (however, caution, when you add cheese, avacado, bacon, the cost goes to about $18!!!!!). This is a fun spot for a meal, highly recommend. And thanks to Hilary for the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Good First ImpressionJessicaDined on 3/15/2014When we arrive valet looses a customers key so we have to wait. Then decide we don't want our keys to get lost so my boyfriend leaves to find parking else where. When I am standing at valet I fall, 5 inch heels. In my hands I am holding a birthday cake, purse, birthday gift and my jacket. Not ONE of the valet guys offeres to help me up. Then a valet guy says can I see your ID? I asked if he was joking, I'm 32. After fumbling around in my purse to get my ID. He takes a 2 sec. peek at it. Really? I'm sure he didn't "really" check my ID. Once I was verified, the ohter valet guy opened the door for me. Thanks buddy. I won't be back. On a better note our server was great! Aaron was entergetic, funny and a pleasure to have serving us.Special Features:
- A Real Find!JKScottDined on 3/14/2014Our server, Scott was fantastic! He suggested the green plate special, which was a vegetarian spin on chicken and waffles, substituting Seitan for the chicken. I have been dreaming about it ever since! I'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole package!JamesCharlesDined on 3/13/2014So I recently moved to the Denver area and stopped into Punch Bowl after hearing about the variety it offers its guests from food/drinks to fun. First impression is how impressive the decor and space really are. There is an industrial look but comforting environment all together. The drink menu was well-balanced with choices ranging from unique punches and cocktails to a great local selection of beer. Food menu has a large variety for picky eaters and very unique with everything made in house and using local products. Bowling and a huge floor shuffle board were a great way to cap off the night and we didn't even have to leave and drive around searching for another place because it's all rolled into one. Try it it you haven't yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour is where its at!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014A group of us came for Happy Hour Thursday. We easily found a table that accommodated our large group. We ordered the Monkey Punch and loved it. Scotch Punch... Yes please. I had the poppers with pork. Our server, Morgan, let us know that they are very spicy and suggested that I order something with them. I got a small Mac and Cheese to cool the burn. I was very happy. We played games and drank in the nice weather. They had the garage doors open. Definitely a bonus. We will be back very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You For The ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014Made a reservation to meet a friend for an early dinner at PBS. I arrived early, so grabbed a seat at the great long bar they have right as you walk in. I was greeted immediately, by the gal behind the bar, with menus, waters and a brief description of some of her favorite drinks. I ordered one of the punches, and waited for my friend. Upon her arrival, because of the great service thus far, we decided to remain at the bar, and finish out our dining experience there. We started with the Jalapeño poppers (quite a kick), the Deviled Eggs (Delicious) - and followed up with the Catfish Sandwich & Beef Tongue Gyro, both of which were wonderful. The attentive service was delightful - will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceanhudinerDined on 3/9/2014I recently dined at punch bowl for lunch and was thrilled by the experience! Everyone was so friendly and knowledgeable. The menu is awesome! I had the greens, eggs, and ham and it was delicious! I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Fun!LucyPDined on 3/8/2014We had friends visiting from out of town. This is an excellent place to entertain guests. The food here is always quality and never disappoints, however I wish they would bring back the cold corn beef sandwich with the pickled eggs! The servers always give special attention to kids and seem very knowledgeable and friendly. Server was personable and provide great service. A great spot to show friends or just come and hang out. Tons of game options, I'm not a bowler but love the old school arcade games.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PBS DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Went to PBS on Wensday night with the wife had a great time playing video games for hours. Then started playing bowling downstairs. Got a little hungry ordered the street taco. Man are they good. Great time had by all love this place will be back...Special Features:
- Great time!JordanDined on 3/6/2014What a place! Everyone on staff was great! I ordered the Buffalo burger med well and it came out great just the way I wanted. Our server Giancarlo was very knowledgeable and really took care of us. The cocktails were delicious too! I Have never seen a cocktail on draft before so that was the highlight of the night for me. I will definitely be back to try the rest of the cocktail menu. The games were really fun too! Shuffle board and bowling made the experience pretty unique. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchReimSizzleDined on 3/6/2014I came in for lunch and found out they serve breakfast till 3pm!! I had the biscuits and gravy it was delicious. My guests had the special, a vegetarian quesadilla with kale. Marni was our server and told us about the specials, and how they change regularly. Everyone working was very polite and helpful. We will definitely be back for more. The food and the staff were amazing! Next time we will be coming for all the games. They have bowling, ping pong, pool, darts, shuffleboard, and arcade games from when I was a kid. Major plus is the bubble hockey, I haven't seen this in years. Very happy with everything Punch Bowl has to offer and will be back for more!!! Cheers.Special Features:
- Roommate's Birthday OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014It was my roommate's birthday so we felt obligated to go straight to the huge 360 bar they have in the main room. We sat down and our bartender Hassan hooked us up with some slamming drinks. We were expecting a few more friends to arrive than we had reserved on OpenTable... the host told us that if we wanted she could go ahead and reserve one of the huge rectangular shaped tables near the big windows that seats about a dozen comfortably. We agreed and I thought that was rather nice. About half of us ate and all of us drank. The food was on point!! The punch bowls there are awesome!! After dinner we played games upstairs MUST check out the upstairs Mezz it's SUPER COOL. We had a more than exceptional time celebrating Mike's Birthday at PBS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AfternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014I went to Punch Bowl for an afternoon. Had a really good time. My guest and I tried the Draft cocktails which was something we had never had, and they were really good. We also had some different appetizers. We had wings, poppers and tacos and everything was excellent. You can tell the chefs really take pride in what they do, which is awesome. We didn't play any games but there are so many different things to choose from. Overall had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, great place!PatrickDined on 3/4/2014Tuesday night, my buddy and I decided to meet up for some beers to catch up. We decided on checking out Punch Bowl for dinner. We had both been here before but hadn't sat down in the diner area. Our server Zach was very professional and knowledgeable about the menu, which was impressive. I used to bartend in college and I was very impressed with the beer selection, spirits on the backbar, and the cocktail menu. They have cocktails on tap!!!! Try the Barry Bonneville. I've never had anything like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itPixieMVIPDined on 3/2/2014What a fun and delicious spot for brunch! The service was wonderful and the food amazing!Special Features:
- Definitely different!PMarieRNDined on 3/1/2014I had never been anywhere like PBS before! The overall atmosphere is exciting - there are many different places to hang out or eat dinner, from a main dining area to a few separate bars. There's also the bowling alley, the shuffle board area, and the upstairs gaming room. Each place is distinct and set off from the others. The food is absolutely incredible - I went with a bigger group, and we all got different foods. I got deviled eggs and chicken wings, others got burgers, chicken and waffles, salad, and tacos. They had an amazing selection of gluten free goodies. And don't even get me started on the drinks - the punches are huge and tasty, and the individual drinks are widespread. Great selection of beers too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The games were overpriced Don'tJMMMDined on 3/1/2014The games were overpriced Don't order the mimosa bowl, they fill it with ice and it dilutes everything so you end up with watered down orange juice Food was delishSpecial Features: