8948 Santa Monica Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (310) 657-7867
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Pump
Open now in West Hollywood!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pump reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (174)hot spot (148)romantic (123)special occasion (106)vibrant bar scene (98)good for groups (84)neighborhood gem (83)late-night find (53)fit for foodies (53)great for brunch (49)great for lunch (19)scenic view (15)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Pump in WeHoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2014This place is gorgeous! Host wasnt the friendliest...with plenty of tables available he insisted on sitting us right at the entrace of the outside so we felt a little excluded from the restaurant. Our server Chris was very nice. Good was WAY overpriced. To have a beer salad with 2 layers of blue cheese and a few pistachios on top for $17 ??!! It was more expensive than the tuna tartar app! Entrees were quite average. Warm potato salad was cold. My pomegranate margarita was really good. I don't mind spending money on a nice dinner. But the food needs to be on par with what else is out there.Special Features:
- Fun in WEHOPSWeekenderVIPDined on 11/17/2014Always a nice place to take friends. Great cocktails. Share a platter of hummus and olive tapenade (although prepare to be uphold more bread). Fish courses are excellent. Overall an enchanting space and great help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!BabeDined on 11/17/2014Food was delicious, decor is sumptuous...loved the whole experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoriDined on 11/16/2014I really enjoyed Pump for brunch. It was beautifully decorated and the waiters were gorgeous! The food was delicious! The only thing I would improve is the service was very slow. The place was very busy. I would definitely make a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pump & Glory Pitcher with Brunch is excellent!JBirdDined on 11/16/2014Experience this little piece of Shangri-La in West Hollywood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to RememberthetaDined on 11/15/2014From the mouthwatering food to the amazing alcoholic beverages, this was an evening I won't soon forget. The decor is stunning, and I forgot I was in Southern California for a moment. My friends and I had a great time, and I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls nightChrissyDined on 11/14/2014I had a friend in town and went for a late dinner with a group of girlfriends. The food and drinks were delicious, all of the staff were friendly and the decor was perfection. Super girly/fancy and just an all around great time. Also seeing Lisa & Ken definitely made it a great night :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, food and serviceFoodie7Dined on 11/14/2014While very critical of restaurants we actually had a great time at Pump. The food was very good, great server, ambience and vibe. Actually very reasonably priced as well for an upscale eatery . We just waited a little too long for outtake even though we had a reservation. Then again it WAS a Friday night in a West Hollywood. We recommend it and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Semi Satisfied-could have been better.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014PUMP was a beautiful lounge. We dined and enjoyed cocktails, we were a party of 5, with dinner reservations. The food was well prepared and enjoyable. My only complaint would be that we were rushed out our check after dinner, and not offered to order additional cocktails, or anything. We were told that if we wanted to continue to patron the establishment, we could go to the bar-RUDE!!! Mind you, we were a party of 5 on a Friday night.... there was not enough room for a party of 5 at the bar, other than standing, which is not what we were looking for after a $350 dinner meal tab...... as we were rushed out, another party was already being walked to our table! So we were obviously able to see why we were quickly asked to vacate our table! I felt a little embarrassed in front of my invited guests. I am sure this is just how the waiters are trained to work the business, so I guess no fault to them, but shame on you PUMP!Special Features:
- Food disappointing for the $$$DaddyMooVIPDined on 11/14/2014I expected better from this restaurant. I've been the SUR many times and the food is very good there, but Pump was a real disappointment. (Even if Lisa V was sitting at the table next to me.) The food was bland (including the veggies) and nothing really special. However, the drinks were good and so was the service. I don't think I'll be returning back for the money I spent.Special Features:
- PUMP needs to pump it upToEatisDivineVIPDined on 11/9/2014Second time at PUMP after a great first experience, but the second time was not the charm. Service was lousy: constantly asking for the waitress, for water refills, for the check, for the change, etc. Food was very mediocre. First time, we were pleased with pasta but this time around with fish and chicken, it was disappointing. The chicken Milanese was dry and unappetizing. The potato salad was an odd inclusion and wasn't better than mashed potatoes, and the salad was horribly dressed with some sour concoction. I think it was just lemon juice. Awful. They need to pump up the quality and service. Interesting note: Lisa V was there the first time when everything was good; she was not when everything was bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherLAfoodieVIPDined on 11/9/2014The decor was the only thing I liked. Place was half empty. We were made to sit outside, but it was too cold even with heaters. We asked to be moved inside; the inside dining room was basically empty. However, they gave us another heater instead of our request, which still did not make it warm enough. Food was overpriced and mediocre. Portions were small except for the hamburger. Our entrees came out spaced by 10 minutes instead of all together, which I think is inappropriate. Don't bother with this place.
- Service PoordocmhVIPDined on 11/8/2014Have been here before multiple times, and the service gets worse each time. Has a potential to be a great restaurant, but fails each time more miserably.Special Features:
- Typical Wehojohn091990Dined on 11/8/2014This is typical for the neighborhood. The food was not very good and the appetizers were incredibly overpriced for their small size and lack of high quality ingredients, The calamari was a bit overdone. The drinks were great. I would definitely stick to just grabbing a drink here in the lounge with your friends from out of town. Nothing noteworthy.Special Features:
- One of my favorite all time places!Setr73VIPDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful dining experience and ambiance ! Food is amazing and the cocktails divine !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mix feelingsJayespi12Dined on 11/7/2014I loved the vibe and it was beautiful My entree salad was not good at all it was the Greek like salad. It had no flavor and I was just dissatisfied with the presentation and it had nothing good about it. We constantly had to flag down our waiter. My friends food was great I just was unhappy with my plate and with the price it should have been a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehLAguyDined on 11/7/2014Put us on the sidewalk, over priced...brought a friend from out of town there, ok for that kinda scene. Def wouldn't go back as a local.Special Features:
- Amazing service, delectable foodSassaFrass88Dined on 11/7/2014Sure it's a bit pricey, but the details that Lisa put into this restaurant is amazing! I mean, she had 100 year old trees put in to the courtyard dining area and then she, her husband and their dog Jiggy were there as well. I had to go healthy, so I missed out on some of the gems that this restaurant offers, although my salad was indeed delicious. My boyfriend had the fish and chips, which seems like a weird thing to have on a menu of such a posh place, but I can honestly say that whatever they did to that fish, it was just right! The kitchen accidentally left cheese on my salad and after a bite, our waiter apologized profusely and picked up my plate and whisked it away to the kitchen. I told him that I CAN eat goat cheese, just not DAIRY.Special Features:
- Beautiful evening in weho72of500VIPDined on 11/7/2014We went on a Friday evening and were promptly seated in the beautiful garden at our reservation time. The host was very friendly. The pump burger and mediteranian salad were both great. Tiger prawn pasta was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationsFinickyDined on 11/7/2014I booked a table for my partners birthday and subsequently read a fair number of negative comments about the restaurant. Without getting into their complaints let me just say it was a lovely evening and we left with no complaints. Service was attentive, ambiance was probably the highlight on the beautiful patio and the food was good enough. Not a foodie restaurant but certainly edible and enjoyable. I would recommend for a fun night out or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to remember at PUMPOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/5/2014The garnswn was going with a great crowd - I guess a few people must have been watching BRAVO! They delivered where it counted - my friend thought the filet was the best he ever had and my salmon was cooked to perfection And despite trying to resist desert -OMG the tieramasu was oh so good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimmyvegasDined on 11/2/2014Great West Hollywood hot spot. You might even see a celeb or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the neighborhoodGoodeggs123VIPDined on 11/2/2014We love Pump! The food is great and the ambience is outstanding. It's always fun to go there with friends and to "People Watch." We just went for brunch for the first time and it was great to see it in the daytime - it's just as charming. At night, it's magical.Special Features:
- Good Food, and nice SettingideaguyDined on 11/1/2014After reading the reviews, my wife and I were not sure if this was going to be the best selection for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was Great, the service was awesome, and the setting was very nice. We will definitely be back! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor.BBQ101Dined on 11/1/2014Food was just ok. I had the Ahi Tuna and my boyfriend had the rigatoni. Place is loud. NOT a romantic place for two. Good place for groups wanting a drink. In the middle of the West Hollywood scene. 'Rage is on the same block. I had requested a booth but instead was seated in the front patio area where it was very loud. Great Decor....hands down.Special Features:
- Love the PUMPOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2014Beautiful decor, warm service and yummy food. I could have stayed all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceMagsVIPDined on 10/29/2014The waiter was super rude & kicked us out bc we were done eating. The restaurant was empty & I was just catching up with a friend & finishing our conversations. It wasn't like we were there for hours or there was a line out the door waiting to be seated.Special Features:
- Great patioadamVIPDined on 10/28/2014Beautiful patio and very good food. Server was attentive and responsive. Easily will return.Special Features:
- Silly place....markdmarcVIPDined on 10/26/2014Really wanted to have a nice time...but really didn't! Had a 7P reservation on a Sunday night. The garden was empty. The Maitre d took us out to a table on the front patio...we asked if we could have a table in the garden and the Maitre d' told us that the garden was reserved for VIPs and for Friends of Lisa (FOL!!!!). How silly to say something like that. We won't be back...because the place to be is the garden and we're neither friends nor vips. Whatever. Food was good...but the service was horrible. The bar "was backed up"...the kitchen "backed up"....the waitress "backed up". Just a silly place....Special Features:
- Great vibe - great food...TimWVIPDined on 10/26/2014A nice place to hang out with some friends before and after a fantastic meal. We shared the Ahi app. And it was memorable. Try it if you haven't been here yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambianceboxerpuppyDined on 10/26/2014Absolutely amazing decor. very clean . all the staff was very friendly. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious & funDerekVIPDined on 10/24/2014Another fantastic evening at Pump. Our waiter Luis was fantastic. Food delicious and cocktails specially hand crafted. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance / Poor ServiceMikeyLikesItDined on 10/24/2014I went to Pump Friday night and had an "okay" time. I'm not going to lie..the ambiance was amazing! It's a really cool place to have drinks and apps. We all enjoyed our food, but the service was terrible. After the host left our table, we waited about 30 minutes and no one has greeted our table. We had to flag down a staff member and ask if they could send a server to our table. The rest of dinner the service was okay, but the food took a really long time to make. Also, the server over charged our table $150 dollars. The restaurant was not busy and there was a lot of open tables. So, I really could not find a reason why the service was poor. Overall, its a cool place to have a drink. I would try it again and hope for better service.Special Features:
- Nothing like it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/23/2014Filet minion on bed of mashed cauliflower is to die for !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a fun "in" place....Goodeggs123VIPDined on 10/23/2014I love the vibe and the place is beautiful, however it would be a more romantic setting and a better ambiance for small groups hoping to visit and catch up if the music were not so loud. The music is great and it makes it fun, but it is too loud when you have to yell to hear a person sitting right next to you or when your waiter cannot hear you and you cannot hear him. It is time for some new additions to the menu. Those of us who dine there often are ready for some new treats.Special Features:
- So very chic!RpnaynayDined on 10/20/2014Great food, classy, beautiful, posh, the place to be on any night of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SloaneandHydeDined on 10/17/2014Decor is beautiful. Chairs at tables are extremely uncomfortable; very small and upright. Food is okay. It's worth going to once to check it out.Special Features:
- Amazing ...IamunpredictableDined on 10/16/2014Its a must and I'm a fan! From atmospher to the food, from the host to our server !! Overall great resturant lounge !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing like it in all of LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/15/2014Love the filet of sole and the toes sangria was the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014Beautiful, magical patio. Twinks in tight cloths. Mediocre poorly presented food, but no one goes to WeHo for good food anyway.Special Features: