8948 Santa Monica Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://tbd/
- Phone: 3106577867
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Pump
Open now in West Hollywood!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pump reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (174)hot spot (144)romantic (131)special occasion (115)vibrant bar scene (98)neighborhood gem (86)good for groups (65)late-night find (51)fit for foodies (43)great for brunch (39)great for lunch (23)scenic view (18)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- The Bartender Made My NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The food was great, the drinks were sexy good and the Bartenders service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedShuaDined on 9/14/2014First the ambiance... 3 stars because of the effort that went into it and it's little charm that peeked through the dimly lit and cramped atmosphere. It felt as though we made the reservation for 3 but sat with 15. Food... one word... BLAND. There were three of us to begin with. After we all tasted each others completely different entrees... they all tasted the same. That's a trick of it's own so I gave it one star. We also payed for our dishes and did not ask them to be removed or comped. The bill was over a hundred to put things into perspective. Service... the host was fabulous but I'm not sure we even had a server. I wish I had more room to complete this review... TBC! I'll give it another try. Always trying to support the local.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014i requested sitting in the garden and not the sidewalk on this site. the restaurant called me to confirm reservation and i said the same thing and when i got there i was immediately sat on the sidewalk under the streetlight. hated it, awful. bad experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nighttriplegDined on 9/13/2014We really enjoyed Pump. It was our first time there. Great service and food. Very cool vibe. We ate inside, but the next time will definitely eat outside. Great date night!Special Features:
- love the decor!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014this is her best place yet! the food is good but nothing special, however the service was very quick so that was a plus! the decor however is the reason to go! very romantic at night but would be a great brunch place since 70% of it is outdoors. definitely going back for the #HUGEGAYBRUNCH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR SERVICEPOORPUMPDined on 9/13/2014horrible experience poor customer service tables and chairs moving in front of our eyes, servers moving chairs as we dine, no regards no pardon's no apologies, NO REGARDS horrible food overly cooked, distasteful, too crowded, barely any space to move marginal manager service, he was useless, he did not resolve our complaints over all poor marginal not recommended place to dine we have gone to much better places with better ambience and excellent customer service overly price for the food and service BIG DISSAPPOINTMENT
- husbandsDined on 9/12/2014Noise level was horrendous! Tiny table for 3 was very small up against a wall & one seat was up against the end of glass doors, not comfortable. Waiter was persistent in pushing us to order our entrees even before our appetizers arrived. When we did get our entrees the server stood there and we had to tell him who ordered what. Not a good experience
- Main dishesfandangofoodieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Drinks and appetizers are good. Main dishes we ordered 3 different ones and all three were not good at all.Special Features:
- food and wine was out of this worldBlugirlDined on 9/9/2014I enjoyed my evening at Pump, sat in the garden and it was lovely a bit dark so make sure you have your phone with the light on it to read the menu. There were 2 of us, we both had appetizers - calamari and carpaccio and then the lobster pasta as our main. It was so good! Our server was nice but there was just something off about how things flowed. I wouldn't let that prevent me from coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Mike is the best GM ever! Service was fabulous and all his recommendations were right on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pump BrunchdinnerNov9Dined on 9/7/2014We made a reservation without knowing it was HugeGayBrunch but it didn't matter. We had a wonderful waiter named Dylan from S. Africa, Billy Francesca was awesome and funny. The food and drinks were excellent. A very fun couple of hours.Special Features:
- Pump up your foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Pump has an amazing decor which you can tell Lisa vanderpump was a big part of. The restaurant was a lot of fun and we had great service all night. When it came to our good it felt like I could have made the exact same dish and not had to pay for just the ambience. Great fun place just needs a great chefSpecial Features:
- Good foodMarioVIPDined on 9/6/2014I ordered the grilled steak, my husband ordered the burger and both were very good, our waiter was very nice.Special Features:
- Good but can be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014Atmosphere was amazing, but the food was OK. Nothing that stucks really. Everything was somewhat average. Ambiance on the other hand was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, awful serviceLocalDined on 9/5/2014The ambiance is without question amazing. This was my second try for Pump. Took OVER two hours for food for two people to come. Waiter was rather unapologetic and seemed more concerned with getting us intoxicated rather than even checking to see what the hold up was with the good. When it finally arrived it was ice cold and at best, bland. Overall great places for drinks, would not return for dinner.Special Features:
- Very goodBryanDined on 9/2/2014Beautiful setting and decor, very good food and drinks, excellent service; we only wish we could've seen Lisa & Jiggy while we were there :)Special Features:
- All looks and no substanceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014The decor and ambiance are excellent. The staff are all beautiful ,personable and attentive. The cuisine...mediocre at best with an astonishingly poor presentation . The exception is a fairly good tuna tartar.. I would expect this blain poorly presented food to a much more casual environment .. Perhaps one of those "All You Can Eat"places...Special Features:
- Gorgeous outdoor diningHayleyDkVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was good. Music was too loud when we entered the restaurant and when I asked if we could be seated in a quieter part of the restaurant, they simply lowered the music for the whole restaurant - very thoughtful. Ambiance is magnificent and service was awesome. We'll be coming back...Special Features:
- Huge Gay Brunch on SundaysmatthewucsdDined on 8/31/2014We came for the Huge Gay Brunch and the promoter Jason Wimberly did a great job hosting the event and chatting with everyone. He really gets great props and was definitely the highlight of the brunch event. Service was rather poor with us having to hunt down our waiter whenever we wanted anything. And to top off the lack of service, the server in charge of refilling water looked incredibly grumpy whenever he was walking around. Luckily the food was better than the service but it was still not impressive. We both ordered a dish recommended by the waiter and found the dish to be rather bland with little seasoning. I made the same comment about the blandness of the food during my previous visit. Would I go back? Only if someone wanted to go.Special Features:
- Great experience, but ...SteakLoverDined on 8/30/2014We made the reservation well in advance, because we've found it difficult to get in on a Saturday evening. When making the reservation, we asked to sit in the garden. (The patio is essentially on the sidewalk, so you must specify that you are requesting the garden). Upon arrival, we were told there was no seating in the garden, even though there WERE tables empty in the garden for our group size. When they tried to seat us on the sidewalk and I protested, we were told we'd have to wait for the garden. We were then quickly given one of the empty tables in the garden. We found the food to be excellent. The server was not as friendly as those we've had before at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely spot for drinksMoanieDined on 8/29/2014Second time eating here. Decided to just to do appetizers because the first time with main plates was mediocre and expensive. Unfortunately, it remains to be true about the appetizers. Please improve the quality of the food or just turn it into a bar. The place is gorgeous, as is the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pedestrian and uninspiredmwalsh1234Dined on 8/28/2014Fare and flavors were very pedestrian. I really wanted to love this place but menu is simply uninspired and food was on the bland side. I tasted everything that came to our table and, while nothing was overly disappointing, nothing stood out as outstanding. Courtyard ambiance is beautiful and serene. Great place for cocktails and simple apps. I have been a food server at a couple of Four Seasons Hotels so I do know what good food is supposed to taste like.Special Features:
- Beautiful Ambiance, Hard to HearBobGDined on 8/27/2014This relatively new restaurant has created a beautiful dining ambience in an outdoor area set underneath 100-year-old olive trees. The servers were friendly and mostly attentive. The food was tasty and in some cases original. Unfortunately so much of this beautiful setting was crushed by the overly-loud, blasting music that filled the space in such an overwhelming way. It is exhausting to have to raise your voice, even shout at times, to carry on a conversation with a dining companion only three feet away. The setting is so peaceful to the eye. It cries out for the same relaxing audio ambience as they have created in this magical garden. This is such a remarkable dining space. Don't blow it by trying to be yet another nightclub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing like it in LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014A must be experienced restaurant that has awesome food an is an enchanting escape from the city !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DetailsHavocguyDined on 8/25/2014Very romantic setting, fresh flowers and friendly staff.Special Features:
- How to transform a parking lot!kelfernVIPDined on 8/23/2014Amazing transformation from parking lot and taco stand to a great place for dinner. The ambience is so calming with 9 olive trees, you cannot believe you are on SMB. The food is good, but the staff makes it great. The level of service was beyond expectations. I had a special request and they went to grocery across the street to fulfill it.Special Features:
- Terrible service, not worth the $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We waited 30 minutes past our reservation only to be asked to leave after an hour because another reservation "needed our table". This was quite possibly the rudest service I've ever encountered, at any price point. The mediocre food and the overwrought decor were not worth the hassle - or the cash
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014excellent service, excellent food , no complaints will definately recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Table / Ok FoodRINativeDined on 8/23/2014UNFORTUNATELY, when I booked through OpenTable I asked to be seated on the patio and was expecting to be seated at a beautiful table, but that didn't happen. We were all seated in the back of the restaurant, at a small bistro table, which was covered in a tablecloth, with 4 wire / wood uncomfortable chairs. When I scanned the rest of the restaurant, everyone else was seated at suitable sized tables, with high back, comfy looking chairs. It was obvious, our table was pulled from the back bar area (where all the bistro tables / chairs are located for the bar scene). I was very disappointed! We were practically in the walk-way. The food was blah, nothing to write home about, but the portion were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTommy31Dined on 8/20/2014Was very excited to go here and was greatly disappointed. We sat down and it took a fair amount of time before they asked for our drink order, enough that when he came we ordered dinner at the same time as our drinks. About 25 minutes later the food came, but still no drinks. The food was lukewarm and neither of our dishes taste good. When our drinks came neither of us cared for them either. Was really disappointed. Not my worst dining experience but it was pretty bad.Special Features:
- DomSVIPDined on 8/20/2014Pump is going thru some going pains, hopefully it will work them out.
- First Time won't be my lastBelindaFVIPDined on 8/19/2014I am always looking for outdoor dining venues and so was excited to try Pump not only because every review commented on how beautiful it was but also because I had heard the food was good as well. Right on both accounts. The salmon salad was wonderful, the burger very good and both steaks also got high marks. The turkey potato salad was delicious but we couldn't detect any wasabi in the wasabi mashed potatos. The patio was every bit as lovely as expected. The Little Door has always been my go-to for a romantic and lovely outdoor space but Pump is just as beautiful - perhaps even more so. Ms Vanderpump was dining next to us and accepted the intrusions on her privacy by celebrity-watching diners with grace.Special Features:
- Great dinnerAdosDined on 8/18/2014We had a great dinner, romantic, great atmosphere and good service. Patio is reccomended at nite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Thank you PUMP! Had a great time with a best bud n my son last Sunday for his 17th bday. Met MS. V who was so nice to take a pic with my son. Food was great. Some special guests were there roaming around. Great time!! Thanx n see ya next time we are in LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PATIO DININGBAVILESNYVIPDined on 8/16/2014GREAT FOOD. BUT, THEY TRIED TO CRAM IN TOO MANY TABLES OUTSIDE. RESULTING IN PEOPLE SITTING LITERALLY ALMOST ON TOP OF EACHOTHER. VERY TIGHT . VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. WE ONLY HAD 4 IN OUR PARTY AND THREE OF US WERE SMASHED IN. I SUGGEST MAKING MORE SPACE RATHER THAN TRYING TO CRAM IN TOO MANY AT ONCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lisa Vanderpump does it again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Being a fan of Lisa Vanderpump, I have always made it a point to dine at all of her restaurants. However, it wasn't until Saturday evening that I finally made it to Pump. As always the food was amazing and it wasn't overly priced. The waitress (Ellie M) was very honest with her menu selections and it helped in making our dinner choices. The drinks were well prepared and the food was cooked to perfection. All in all, a great place for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our waiter was adorable, food, service and ambiance terrific!Special Features:
- Dining in a real olive garden!Southpaw66Dined on 8/14/2014An amazing make-over in West Hollywood, Pump's outdoor dining among a mini-grove of mature olive trees and a million flickering candles is intimate & romantic, while still having plenty of people-watching tables. Also an active and very attractive outdoor bar & seating. Service by the uniformly pleasant & attractive staff was considerate, friendly & helpful. Our sampling found the tuna tartar to be excellent, the salmon okay, and the chicken Milanesa disappointing. The place is new & the Manager listened attentively to our comments, so we're counting on the kitchen to have caught up with the ambiance & service by our next visit. Despite the minor dings, a pleasant evening & a great addition to the local dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun in WeHoAgouraFoodieDined on 8/13/2014We really enjoyed our evening at Pump. Great food, wonderful service. Great scene.Special Features:
- Still lots to be improvedPaulVIPDined on 8/13/2014Despite tables available on patio, we were seated on a weird table in bar area..The table had weird table legs and it made it very uncomfortable to sit at. Service was inattentive and poor. The server couldn't have cared less if we enjoyed our evening. Been there several times now but there is no recognition of repeat customers. Every time I go, we are told the table is not ready and then magically, once we order a drink at the bar and spend some extra money :-), a table is ready for us .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.