8948 Santa Monica Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 3106577867
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Pump
Open now in West Hollywood!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Pump reviews from OpenTable diners
225 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (176)hot spot (144)romantic (128)special occasion (111)vibrant bar scene (96)neighborhood gem (81)good for groups (80)late-night find (51)fit for foodies (46)great for brunch (43)great for lunch (19)scenic view (16)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Bad serviceMagsVIPDined on 10/29/2014The waiter was super rude & kicked us out bc we were done eating. The restaurant was empty & I was just catching up with a friend & finishing our conversations. It wasn't like we were there for hours or there was a line out the door waiting to be seated.Special Features:
- Great patioadamVIPDined on 10/28/2014Beautiful patio and very good food. Server was attentive and responsive. Easily will return.Special Features:
- Silly place....markdmarcVIPDined on 10/26/2014Really wanted to have a nice time...but really didn't! Had a 7P reservation on a Sunday night. The garden was empty. The Maitre d took us out to a table on the front patio...we asked if we could have a table in the garden and the Maitre d' told us that the garden was reserved for VIPs and for Friends of Lisa (FOL!!!!). How silly to say something like that. We won't be back...because the place to be is the garden and we're neither friends nor vips. Whatever. Food was good...but the service was horrible. The bar "was backed up"...the kitchen "backed up"....the waitress "backed up". Just a silly place....Special Features:
- Great vibe - great food...TimWDined on 10/26/2014A nice place to hang out with some friends before and after a fantastic meal. We shared the Ahi app. And it was memorable. Try it if you haven't been here yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambianceboxerpuppyDined on 10/26/2014Absolutely amazing decor. very clean . all the staff was very friendly. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious & funDerekVIPDined on 10/24/2014Another fantastic evening at Pump. Our waiter Luis was fantastic. Food delicious and cocktails specially hand crafted. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance / Poor ServiceMikeyLikesItDined on 10/24/2014I went to Pump Friday night and had an "okay" time. I'm not going to lie..the ambiance was amazing! It's a really cool place to have drinks and apps. We all enjoyed our food, but the service was terrible. After the host left our table, we waited about 30 minutes and no one has greeted our table. We had to flag down a staff member and ask if they could send a server to our table. The rest of dinner the service was okay, but the food took a really long time to make. Also, the server over charged our table $150 dollars. The restaurant was not busy and there was a lot of open tables. So, I really could not find a reason why the service was poor. Overall, its a cool place to have a drink. I would try it again and hope for better service.Special Features:
- Nothing like it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Filet minion on bed of mashed cauliflower is to die for !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a fun "in" place....Goodeggs123Dined on 10/23/2014I love the vibe and the place is beautiful, however it would be a more romantic setting and a better ambiance for small groups hoping to visit and catch up if the music were not so loud. The music is great and it makes it fun, but it is too loud when you have to yell to hear a person sitting right next to you or when your waiter cannot hear you and you cannot hear him. It is time for some new additions to the menu. Those of us who dine there often are ready for some new treats.Special Features:
- So very chic!RpnaynayDined on 10/20/2014Great food, classy, beautiful, posh, the place to be on any night of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SloaneandHydeDined on 10/17/2014Decor is beautiful. Chairs at tables are extremely uncomfortable; very small and upright. Food is okay. It's worth going to once to check it out.Special Features:
- Amazing ...IamunpredictableDined on 10/16/2014Its a must and I'm a fan! From atmospher to the food, from the host to our server !! Overall great resturant lounge !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing like it in all of LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014Love the filet of sole and the toes sangria was the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2014Beautiful, magical patio. Twinks in tight cloths. Mediocre poorly presented food, but no one goes to WeHo for good food anyway.Special Features:
- Long WaitBelindaFVIPDined on 10/11/2014We love the ambience and the food and service is excellent but every time we come to Pump we have to wait over an hour for our table even though we have a reservation.Special Features:
- Great place to eat and celebrate!Loves2eatDined on 10/11/2014The food and service was wonderful! Looking forward to going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedBigDinDenverDined on 10/10/2014We initially booked a reservation intending to have a cocktail and people watch. When we arrived, the hostess immediately greeted us and offered us a choice of tables, inside or in the patio, and also noted where a larger (probably noisy) group would sitting. Nice touch given it was a Friday night and the place was hopping. The server came by right away to take our drink order and let us look over the simple but sufficiently diverse menu. The drinks were well-poured. The food was delicious. The service was attentive, but got slower as the evening progresses and the crowd grew. We even got to see Lisa and Jiggy and meet Ken. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant soiréeTaritzDined on 10/10/2014Ambiance, food & drinks par superb. A corner pocket gem in a mist of a heavy traffic LA traffic. Refreshing outdoor diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressed.....EastsideguyDined on 10/9/2014beautiful courtyard, the olive trees alone are incredible. We split the kale salad which was good, had two burgers which were good, but not outstanding, the fries were not edible, we split the brussell sprouts & mashed cauliflower, which were both good, but not great. Service....wasn't. had to ask 3 times to get my water glass refiled and our second glass of wine finally came as we were finished eating. I would not return.
- Love this spot!SnacksDined on 10/8/2014The restaurant is Gorgeous with great food!!! We loved our night here! Great for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchmarkmmVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great place to see and be seen. I have been for brunch many times and dinner twice. Each time has been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent for any occasionlovedthisp1234Dined on 10/4/20144 of us went to dinner and we're all blown away. from the patio to the pieces of furniture placed throughout to the bar the staff and the food. everything was perfect. one surprise was when Lisa and ken and their party sat next to us and asked how everything was when we left. class act!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtmosphereLuv2DineVIPDined on 10/3/2014This place has a great atmosphere but the food is just okay, nothing to get excited about at all. They really need to change the Chef and the menu quickly.Special Features:
- Must seechilpipreDined on 9/29/2014Favorite new place to entertain ciients when I visit the LA areaSpecial Features:
- Loved it.JJinlaDined on 9/28/2014Everything from the ambiance to the food & drinks was perfection. Loved our dinning experience & we'll definitely be back. As always, Lisa Vanderpump delivers again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good, but Sur is better...ChrisDined on 9/27/2014We've been to Lisa Vanderpump's first restaurant, Sur, and found it to be a better experience overall. Pump is not bad, but we felt that while the food was good, the portions were very small for the price. We are all in very good shape and don't eat much to begin with, so if we thought the portions were small others will too. Also, we enjoyed the outdoor dining atmosphere and decor but it was extremely dark. They need lighted menus. We all had to use our phones just to read the menu and then when they brought the food, we couldn't see it to be sure it was what we ordered. The waiter, Jeffrey, was excellent. He provided us with extremely friendly service and was always checking in with us. He made the experience better and did a GREAT job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience!DreveDined on 9/27/2014Beautiful restaurant and great ambiance. Very attentive service and good food.Special Features:
- OK, but not for serious dinersluv2dineVIPDined on 9/27/2014While we had a pleasant experience, I left feeling we wouldn't return. Huddled among many night clubs, it had the feel of a cross between a night club and a restaurant. The hostess was quite good. The waiter was pleasant and fairly efficient but missed several critical service steps, such as refilling wine glasses. The wine list is extremely limited. And, there doesn't appear to be any valet parking service. Luckily, it was early in the evening and we were able to find street parking. This would be a great place to have dinner before hitting the clubs on the boulevard, but it is not a place for serious diners.Special Features:
- My 2 cents...CriticDined on 9/23/2014Place looks great! - in typical Lisa style. I ordered the Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad, which was very good, but very much like Villa Blanca's. I also ordered the Ahi Tuna, which was so over cooked that I couldn't eat it and had to send it back. The cabernet I ordered was definitely a good one - I had 3 glasses to a satisfy my appetite. This is definitely more of a place to hang out, have a few drinks, some appetizers - it's more about looks and fashion than anything else - not a place for all of you serious foodies out there. If this place wants to be taken seriously for its food, than I would suggest having a talk with the chef/cook staff and maybe rethink the menu a bit - just being honestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itDanceDined on 9/21/2014Took my daughter her for her birthday we absolutely loved this place and the food was great. We were hoping that the PUMP sign in flowers was still there for pictures but apparently that was only for the Grand OpeningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014My 3rd time dining here and the new fish filet of sole addition was delicious! And don't miss out on the papaya stuffed crab/shrimpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All looks ehh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014It's so beautiful that I wanted to love it but i can't. Everything was pan fried at our table even though the menu said otherwise. I'm pretty sure half of my vegetables were from frozen source. Great ambience and staff but the food is not worth it. Go to sur instead.Special Features:
- 9.18.2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This was my second vist to the pump my frist experance was so so, but I thought I would give it a second try. The vist was far wost then my frist. The service was slow and my food was worst then dog food. When I talked to the manager about the service and the food he rudely informed me it was only his second day on the job. Running a business on Rodero Dive I was most disappointed by this poor customer service... The team should take some tips from old school places like the Beverly Hills Hotel...
- The Bartender Made My NightShyguy10Dined on 9/14/2014The food was great, the drinks were sexy good and the Bartenders service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedShuaDined on 9/14/2014First the ambiance... 3 stars because of the effort that went into it and it's little charm that peeked through the dimly lit and cramped atmosphere. It felt as though we made the reservation for 3 but sat with 15. Food... one word... BLAND. There were three of us to begin with. After we all tasted each others completely different entrees... they all tasted the same. That's a trick of it's own so I gave it one star. We also payed for our dishes and did not ask them to be removed or comped. The bill was over a hundred to put things into perspective. Service... the host was fabulous but I'm not sure we even had a server. I wish I had more room to complete this review... TBC! I'll give it another try. Always trying to support the local.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014i requested sitting in the garden and not the sidewalk on this site. the restaurant called me to confirm reservation and i said the same thing and when i got there i was immediately sat on the sidewalk under the streetlight. hated it, awful. bad experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nighttriplegDined on 9/13/2014We really enjoyed Pump. It was our first time there. Great service and food. Very cool vibe. We ate inside, but the next time will definitely eat outside. Great date night!Special Features:
- love the decor!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014this is her best place yet! the food is good but nothing special, however the service was very quick so that was a plus! the decor however is the reason to go! very romantic at night but would be a great brunch place since 70% of it is outdoors. definitely going back for the #HUGEGAYBRUNCH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR SERVICEPOORPUMPDined on 9/13/2014horrible experience poor customer service tables and chairs moving in front of our eyes, servers moving chairs as we dine, no regards no pardon's no apologies, NO REGARDS horrible food overly cooked, distasteful, too crowded, barely any space to move marginal manager service, he was useless, he did not resolve our complaints over all poor marginal not recommended place to dine we have gone to much better places with better ambience and excellent customer service overly price for the food and service BIG DISSAPPOINTMENT
- husbandsDined on 9/12/2014Noise level was horrendous! Tiny table for 3 was very small up against a wall & one seat was up against the end of glass doors, not comfortable. Waiter was persistent in pushing us to order our entrees even before our appetizers arrived. When we did get our entrees the server stood there and we had to tell him who ordered what. Not a good experience