Pulse Restaurant and Bar
45 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10111Neighborhood:
Rockefeller Center Midtown
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pulse Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pulse-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122188666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Early Bird Pre Fixe Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering. Either at the restaurant or at your location, we are dedicated to providing an elegant dining experience with superb service as our professional staff will work with you to ensure every detail is perfect. Catering menus are available on the restaurant's website.
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking the heart of Rockefeller Plaza, Pulse is the ideal setting for your special occasion. From corporate dinners to cocktail receptions, we can host a variety of private events in our dining room, bar and café.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Castiglione 2122188663
A word from Pulse Restaurant and Bar
Overlooking the heart of Rockefeller Plaza, Pulse is the ideal setting for your special occasion. From corporate dinners to cocktail receptions, we can host a variety of private events in our dining room, bar, café, and conference room. Experience a seated dinner in our private dining room - a classic and sophisticated space. Our menu is a light, delicious mediterreanan cuisine utilizing local fish, meat and fresh produce.Several vegetarian options and always have a focus in heatlh and nutrition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pulse Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (6)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)late-night find (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Pulse Restaurant & BarTNvisitorsDined on 10/13/2014My son and I stumbled across the Pulse Restaurant & Bar by accident during an internet search for a simple prix fixe menu. What a find! This restaurant is a hidden gem. We were the only patrons in the restaurant during our dinner. The server was very attentive. We had seats overlooking the skating rink at Rockefeller Plaza. The food was fantastic with ample portions. Everything was just amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better experience for our last night in NYC! I'm surprised more people don't know about this place. It's great!Special Features:
- Great food but lacks atmospherePatriinciDined on 9/9/2014This restaurant was probably an after thought, after they did the lunch buffet for the building, they decided to add a small restaurant behind it...it has about 8-10 tables only two tables overlook the Rockefeller center and can only accommodate 2 people. The poor waiter was bar tender waiter and reception...Atmosphere is really non existant....however the food was wonderful...its a shame...
- Hidden gemvirboldDined on 8/28/2014We had to ask to find it- went up to the third floor, through a cafeteria and into a small, cozy restaurant overlooking Rockefella center. It was 5 pm after a play- we were the only ones there. The waiter was pleasant and the table had a view of the center. There was a pre-fix dinner that was delicious- crab cake, fish over zucchini and potatoes and browny and icecream.- $33. - a good price for Manhattan. First class restaurant! I think most people chose to sit outside on this beautiful summer day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 words. James LomaxStormwatch666Dined on 8/11/2014Dude this place was perfect. We were the only ones in the place and the food was presented better than I could've imagined. James was our server and we got to know him pretty well. It was a simple menu and a lot of times when I go out under the influence the menus get overwhelming and usually I just pick the first thing I see. So the small menu was crucial and overall it was a super chill experience and I'm going there every time I hit up the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good LunchrubreviewVIPDined on 7/22/2014Pulse is located inside Equinox fitness club. when you look for it, you think you are looking at a cafeteria, but Pulse is actually behind the cafeteria in a private space and is a sit down, waiter served restaurant. It's fairly nice and a good place to have a conversation. i don't think i'd have dinner here, but lunch is very good and the food is healthy. I had a Lobster Roll that was excellent. good choice for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I have been here several times for dinner and the food plus excellent service does not disappoint. As it is in the heart of Rock Center, perhaps it is busier at lunch, but dinner has always been a quiet, non-rushed affair.Special Features:
- The following 126 reviews are from the Pulse Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- the bestsoutherngalDined on 5/22/2014what a treasure! we had a columbia graduation party for our daughter at the pulse and couldn't have picked a better place. the staff was so helpful, prompt, professional, oourteous and all around wonderful. the room size was perfect for our small party. we had an infant with us and it was accommodated well. will be back...as soon as nyc calls my name!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for group of friendscc88Dined on 5/15/2014Service was wonderful. I was a little confused about the make-up of the restaurant. It's not a big place, but we had reservations. It was small, ut comfy and cozy place. Food was wonderful and our waiter was also wonderful. Definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConfusedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2014Having never been to this restaurant, we were very surprised when we arrived. After an evening at Rockefeller Center, we were looking for a nice dinner. When we arrived we discovered that Pulse was a cafeteria style health food center that was part of a gym. Not the kind of place one would expect to make reservations. We did not stay and dine because this was not the type of venue we were looking for. It would be better if full disclosure was in the online description of the restaurant.
- The was a casual dining spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2014The was a casual dining spot with a great view of skating at Rockefeller center. Great food for price point in NY and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ambienceBlueserpDined on 2/14/2014The ambience of the restaurant was very nice. The bar was very busy and looked very attractive in design. I went with a group of friends and we had a blast. Although there was not much special about the menu we still enjoyed the food. The service was fast with the drinks but slow with the food. The food was on the cheaper side while the drinks were on the more expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChris21bDined on 2/14/2014Took my girlfriend here for valentines day and was not disappointed. Amazing food with tremendous service. Definitely going to recommend to friends and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningVonRapackiDined on 2/7/2014We chose Pulse because it was close to the theater and the view. We were very happy to find out that it was quiet and the food was amazing! The prices were very affordable as well.Special Features:
- Total bomb!jennDined on 1/31/2014Both my friend and I were extremely disappointed in this experience. It appear Pulse is a real restaurant and that is far from the truth. We show up and it is in th Equinox gym practically and is a cafeteria. We felt as though we had made reservations for a subway. We had tickets for a broadway show and had to quickly make alternative dining plans. I dont think Pulse should even be on open table. Additionally, our reservation was confirmed and when we did walk into this cafeteria it was reserved for an event! True failure on both open table and myself!
- Was a very nice evening atClydeWDined on 1/10/2014Was a very nice evening at Pulse Restaurant. It overooks the skating rink at Rockefeller Center. View and ambience were terrific, and if you can, ask for James, he was a delightful waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, nice viewNYCFoodieVIPDined on 1/9/2014We arrived early and were shown to the best table in the house which had the only unobstructed view of Rockefeller Plaza. That was a good start, but after that the experience was just so so. The service was very good and attentive, but the food was unremarkable. The steamed vegetable dumplings were tasteless and cold. The dipping sauce gave them the only flavor. The cod fish entree was well presented, but not hot enough and the grilled shrimp on the salad were also cold. All in all, not a place for a repeat visit.Special Features:
- Do not book!BadnewsbearsDined on 1/8/2014They market themselves as a nice restaurant. This is a FOOD COURT w/ buffet style menu. There is a seating area but there are no waiters and it was a total disaster. Luckily I was able to salvage the night by going to the close by "Sea Life Bar and Grill" which was the experience this restaurant marketed itself as.
- Strange location but good for lunchMidtownEatsVIPDined on 1/2/2014It's essentially a higher-end extension of the Equinox juice bar at Rockefeller Center, and diners have to walk through the juice bar (and people in workout attire) to get to the restaurant. A couple of tables by the window get a partial view of the Christmas tree and skating rink. The decor makes no impression, but the food is good and reasonably priced for the area. Service is efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceCaptLexDined on 12/30/2013The food and service were excellent and the view of the plaza made the experience even better. My only (minor) complaint is that they should make their location easier to find. It's located on the third floor of 45 Rockefeller Plaza, but one does not go through the lobby at that address to get to it. Instead, the entry is next door through the lobby of what looks like a small office building (no one was attending the coat check in the lobby either), up the elevator and then you have to look around to find the restaurant because all you see when you exit the elevator is a gym - no hostess station until you walk around and find it. It took a lot of asking for directions to get to it, but once we got there, it was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice selelction of excellentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2013Nice selelction of excellently pepared dishes. More than willing to customize menu items. Service staff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience. Would haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2013Great ambience. Would have been nice to be seated closer to window since a table was open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013Good location, food was great, and service was amazing. Our table was next to window overlooking the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller PlazaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatjeanmarieDined on 12/19/2013food was excellent, sat at a table overlooking the tree and skaters . couldn't have asked for more... my friends loved it impressive.Special Features:
- We have been at your restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013We have been at your restaurant many times. We come into NYC fairly often and always book a reservation with Pulse! It is just a perfect spot! Lynn and Larry Dise, Goshen, N.Y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!SaraDined on 12/11/2013I looked for a quiet place to have lunch at Rockefeller Center with friends and enjoy the holiday spirit. One of my friends was from out of town and I was a little embarrassed to take her to a third floor, walk through a cafe to finally arrive at the end of the large room that had no character.The warm sun that filtered through the windows , though, was very welcomed in a place that felt a little cold. Service was good, food was ok. I had the vegetable risotto which was less than satisfactory. Risotto should feel like a creamy concoction of 'al dente' rice with any desired addition, in this case, vegetables well cooked. It was not really creamy (I suspect not enough slow cooking was done) and the vegetables were too hard.
- Good food, nice view of RockefellerPacmomDined on 12/10/2013Good food, nice view of Rockefeller Center rink and tree. Good value on set lunch. Will go again in the future. If you go during Christmas time go into the entrance of Equinox Fitness next to the Swarvorski crystal display take elevator to the 3rd floor go left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View the Xmas Tree while you dine!ToddDined on 12/10/2013The food was superb, the service superior! Viewing the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree while we dined was a bonus. Upon exiting the elevator on the 3rd floor, I was initially dismayed by the Pulse cafeteria as I had expected a sit-down dining experience. I was pleasantly surprised to find the restaurant on the FAR side of the bar. Great time was had by all! you can't go wrong with the scallops. The seafood risotto has a decadent portion of garlic! Get the sorbet for dessert; you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013Liked this restaurant very much Three course special menu was excellent value for money considering fine dining in the main Rockefella building will cost a small fortune Top Chef deserves credit for tasteful main dishes & presentation here Check out the online menu before making a reservation as some may feel that there's not much to choose from I was very pleasantly surprised with my order of vegetable soup,A delicious Chicken main and the warm chocolate fudge brownie was a little bit of heaven on a plate Enjoyable evenings Dining that wont break the bank This Restaurant is in one of the Plaza buildings 3rd Floor overlooking the skating Rink (Not the main top of the rock building) Would Highly Recommend this for a welcome change 9/10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nyc dinner with a viewilovenycDined on 11/27/2013Great food with reasonable prices and great service. I would definitly recommend this to any out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceAussietravellerDined on 11/26/2013The staff were attentive and friendly catering to our table of 5 with patience. the breads were delicious, food divine and wine faultless.Special Features:
- nice break from busy Rock CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013This restaurant provides a beautiful view of Rock Center while being slightly removed. It was quiet and the food was very good!!Special Features:
- A pleasant discoveryLisaBTDined on 11/5/2013A restaurant to relax and escape the hussle and bustle of holiday shopping. Great healthy food and speedy service-and an opportunity to recharge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to walk through aNerdbirdDined on 10/31/2013You have to walk through a health club and cafeteria to get to this small restaurant which overlooks the ice skating rink at Rocefeller Center. The big surprise was the food which was excellent. The maitre d was the only person we have contact with. He acted as our server and was charming and friendly. Top marks for him and the food. Just ignore the humble surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the huntnicoleDined on 10/21/2013This place is impossible to find, which is why we were the only people in the place and had a private dining experience and a dedicated waiter! Table by the window that looked right over at the skating rink, it was beautiful. The food was great too. So if you're looking for it: It's in the plaza nearest to 51st St (on 51st, you'll see the address "75 Rockefeller Plaza.")The building on the corner of the plaza has the 45 address which is the address of Pulse - but don't go in that building. Next to it, in the plaza, there is another entrance that says EQUINOX, which is a gym. Go in there. Elevator to 3rd floor then go left toward what looks like a juice bar. Walk through there to get to Pulse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchfoodfanDined on 10/18/2013Excellent spot for a quiet business lunch. Small space, delicious food, excellent service. Tucked away on the 3rd floor of a Rockefeller Center building, it has views of the skating rink (and the tree during the holidays). I always return to this restaurant when I need a nice sit down lunch where I can have a conversation without being rushed out the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little known gem!DonnaSDined on 10/16/2013Phenomenal experience! Food was delicious, view of Rockefeller Center stunning, and top notch service! Our waiter, James, was extremely attentive and engaging! He made a wonderful dining experience extraordinary!Special Features:
- Great dinner at PulseBobODined on 10/11/2013We were happy to find a dining spot close to Radio City Music Hall that had an attractive menu,reasonably priced and able to accommodate our dining needs. The food was very good, very nicely presented and our waiter was great! We would definitely return when we are back in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service ever......CEM8Dined on 8/20/2013An elegant setting overlooking Rockefeller Center. Made reservation on line and requested a later time was informed that time was not available so the reservation was made for earlier than desired. When we arrived it was obvious that an hour later would definitely been available as we were the only party in the restaurant. Better to call the restaurant directly - don't reserve on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little known gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2013Right in the heart of Rockefeller Center, on the third floor of the Equinox health club, with first rate views over the skating rink. Quiet, little-known. Limited menu, but it's very good.Special Features:
- July 2013BabsDined on 7/22/2013Arriving at 11:30 I had a selection of seats, but soon the best tables by the windows were all taken. This was a great place to meet and rest before going out to areas around Rockefeller Center. The gazpacho was very tasty as was the daily salad. Our waitress was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.