New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pulinosny.com/
- Phone: 2122261966x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10am-4:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Late Lunch: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 6:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 6:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 12:00am; Supper:Thursday - Saturday: 12:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Liu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Pulino's
Pulino’s Bar & Ristorante is a lively Italian trattoria that captures the bustling spirit of the Bowery, offering a convivial meeting spot for locals and visitors alike. Executive chef Tony Liu (Morandi) mans the kitchen, serving antipasti, insalate, pizze, and al forno dishes. Highlights include made-to-order focacce, salads on pizza bianca, fresh homemade pasts, and flavor-packed roasted meats and fish. The pizze, made with Balthazar Bakery’s 20-year-old pre-fermented “mother” dough, are baked in a wood-burning oven, which gives them their crisp-yet-chewy crust. A well-edited list of global wines, beer and refreshing cocktails complements Liu’s menu, which is capped by a great assortment of traditional Italian desserts. Exuberant and charming like all of Keith McNally’s restaurants, Pulino’s welcomes guests to enjoy satisfying Italian fare and stay for the sheer fun of it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pulino's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Different Italian RestaurantdacalisterDined on 12/28/2013Good pizza and wine. Great astral. It worth to visit the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great pizzaNyDinerDined on 12/27/2013Very nice and cozy place for dinner. The pizza, wine and dessert was delicious. By the way, the service was very quick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too BadBaseballVIPDined on 12/25/2013A Great Place and its too bad it closes today for goodSpecial Features:
- Visited Pulino's without everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Visited Pulino's without ever having been. Our waitress Denisa was the best and very attentive. The food was authentic and served quickly. Pulino's is great for a group or family as it is a vibrant place, not necessarily the best place for a 1st date, but without a doubt I would return when I'm in the city!Special Features:
- Great pizza and pastaMJM2014Dined on 12/25/2013My wife and I went here for lunch on Christmas. We had to wait for a table even though we had a reservation. It was loud and busy. The space was small but open with a stacked bar. The food was great but the service was lacking. Prices were a little steep too. It's definitely worth a visit but not for an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!DebyDined on 12/24/2013Prosciutto & arugula pizza is by far my favorite pizza at Pulino's!! Great food, really good service and a wonderful ambiance. I'd definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty nicevhairDined on 12/24/2013Went with my family on Xmas Eve. We were sat in a small table, so it felt a little crowded. But that was just because I called them up for a reservation a few hours before. Overall, great food, *excellent* service. Do recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere.FriendlyBeakDined on 12/24/2013Great atmosphere.Friendly Service. Good Food. Excellent Gelatto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spotBklynDonDined on 12/18/2013This pizza kitchen is amazing! The lively young crowd and friendly helpful wait staff make it a great place to hang out on the lower east side. The pizza is tasty and the side dishes are solid.Special Features:
- Nice place, great antipastiBobbijoDined on 12/12/2013I appreciate a place with a scene where the staff does not treat me any differently from the table of beautiful wannabes next to me. The service is great, the bartender knows what a/he is doing. Most importantly, eating the burrata is a religious experience. The antipasti for group is also very good. But the pizza was a little soggy last time I went. Since I discovered zero Otto nove in the Bronx, I have become hypercritical of luxury pizza. It's pizza is the pizza all other pizzas wish to be, including pulino's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cool looking but ok foodgah123Dined on 12/4/2013wasnt that impressed with the food. - pizza: sauce and crust lacking in flavor - baked ziti: nothing special, similar complaint--lacking in flavor we had a "table appetizer" which I did think was very good
- Simple fare with flarePLOMSDined on 11/27/2013Our family loves this restaurant. The atmosphere, created by floor to ceiling back lit shelves of bottles, is really cool. Feels intimate and prohibition era, even though restaurant is open and large. Love the thin crust pizzas just like the Italians love them. Menu not so big but varied enough for choice. Lovely wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dinner on a Sunday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/17/2013We started out our meal with an arugula and celery root salad. It was a simple salad but quite good. Good quality ingredients. For our entrees we ordered the magherita pizza, the Roman gnocchi with duck, and the Garganelli. The pizza was fine, not great. The other two dishes were poorly seasoned and we both reached for the salt in an attempt to make it taste better (BTW: I rarely need to add salt to a dish). The service was very, very good and probably the highlight of the meal.
- thank you...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2013Pulino's was recommended to us by friends, and we enjoyed our time their tremendously. Good atmosphere,very good service, great food and wine. And not expensive too. Thank you Pulino's for a great dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/11/2013We had a great dinner at Pulino's - every dish was wonderful. I had a black kale and butternut squash pizza which was seriously to die for. My boyfriend got a risotto with duck that was succulent and delicious. We started off at the bar with Negronis which were well made and hit the spot. Great, buzzy ambioence and great food means I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- the service was dismal, accordingHeroeDined on 11/10/2013the service was dismal, according to the waitress there was one particular dish, however this dish was served at the table next door (and order had arrived later). A very rude waitress.
- McNally goodDavidVIPDined on 11/3/2013As well run as Balthazar. Just in Italian. Loud and vibrant yet the food is terrific comfort food and wine list is simple and affordable. Hard to do pizza in New York in a special way but they do.Special Features:
- Great Look, So-So FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/29/2013The restaurant is beautifully decorated and lit. I wish it were a place I'd go back to regularly, but the food wasn't quite up to snuff. I only tried pizzas, so maybe the pasta is worth the money, but the pies were bland and boring for the price.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/27/2013Had high expectations with this restaurant. Nothing special. My 9 year old daughter did say it was her second best pizza she has ever eaten though, so to each their own. I was expecting more.
- Mini PastisTobuscusVIPDined on 10/25/2013Another great spot by thecuys at Balthazar. Its like a mini italian pastis.Special Features:
- Pizza was very good; goodDebBostonDined on 10/11/2013Pizza was very good; good variety and different toppings - not your regular pizza. We also go the antipasti to start for our table - highly recommend. Our waiter was GREAT!! Would go back when in NYC again.Special Features:
- Amongst my top 3 NYC pizzasdePlantagenetVIPDined on 10/2/2013Not only is it one of the best pizzas I've had, their beautiful idea of making pizza a breakfast dish is just wonderful. I literally can not wait to find an excuse to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order the pizzamarmacVIPDined on 9/29/2013And you won't be disappointed. Thin crust, creative toppings, overall delicious.
- East Village favoriteRichardDined on 9/25/2013Our pre-theatre group expanded from 2 to 6 (I'd reserved a table for 4) and Pulino's managed the sudden switch gracefully. Perhaps that was possible because at 6pm it's not yet as crowded as it will be later. Italian menu is terrific, with many choices that range from standard to exciting or unorthodox combinations. Their thin crust pizzas are exceptional (my choice) but everyone else was happy with their choices. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect to people up to 45CYAKPDined on 9/20/2013We were 3 and a 3 years old girl. the appetizer was better than the pizza itself, but it was good. Not the best i've ever tasted. Many young and beautiful people in conversation. Good for singles or groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Pizza was greatHapooDined on 9/5/2013the pizza I ordered was so hot spicy that I could not touch it. It was not mentioned in the menu that the it has chili! the waiters was very nice and changed it and made me with no spice at all. The menu does not have too many choices. very limited pasta and pizza. The restaurant was very cold, I could see that every was complaining about it. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Pulino'spointJackDined on 8/31/2013Waitress was great, good table, special drinks were so soSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic from start to finishLorelei128Dined on 8/24/2013Caprese Salad with watermelon and the Fried Calamari were just the beginning of our wonderful culinary experience. Best calamari I've had. The Ravioli in soffritto sauce was outstanding, and even something as simple as a basic Margherita Pizza was a treat because of the delicious sauce and perfect crust. Balsamic strawberries rounded out our meal. Yum! Great ambience, and a very knowledgable waiter enhanced the experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating, good pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2013Still looking for NY pizza that stands up to artisanal pies in SF. Pulino's comes in close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice datefrancesdcDined on 8/1/2013Great pizza and cocktails. Didn't feel rushed even though it was a busy evening. Loud, but that's the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendationTommDined on 7/30/2013Recommended by a friend. Good food but limited menu. Waiter was a little unclear with his explanations.Special Features:
- Safe option for a casual slightlyBFKwhopperDined on 7/10/2013Safe option for a casual slightly higher end dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We like ityu4ickDined on 7/3/2013Have been here several times. Good food and decent wine list. Carl is a great and attentive serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good if you're shopping inLeopardgirlVIPDined on 6/30/2013Good if you're shopping in soho but don't make special tripSpecial Features:
- Friendly and attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2013Friendly and attentive service and excellent food. Great thin-crust pizza!Special Features:
- Chicken liver pate is back!CynthiaBDined on 6/19/2013Always loved Pulinos - when they took the chicken liver pate off the menu we were very disappointed, but it's back and we just had a great dinner there! Also was able to find a good selection of food for a vegan at our dinner.Special Features:
- ExcelentfsimoesVIPDined on 6/16/2013The pizzas were fantastic, right thickness, unusual yet delicious toppings, the best we had in NYC so far. The place is very nice too, a lot of light, clean, open kitchen, good service. Certainly to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and deliciousNYCGIRLDined on 6/15/2013Fun, funky, young crowd, delicious food, good drinks! go go goI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for pizza and saladbronwynDined on 6/11/2013We enjoyed the pizza and salad for lunch at Pulino's. There are outdoor dining tables as an option. It is located on a busy corner so great people watching too. The service was not as good as it should have been considering it was not very crowded during our late lunch. The food was worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McNally Shoots and Scores (Again)PlatterChatterDined on 6/10/2013Pulino's opened as a wonderful casual restaurant filled with Italian goodies and it has remained thus since it's opening maybe 4-5 years ago? It is wonderful for lunch and equally so for supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.