Pulehu, an Italian Grill
6 Kai Ala Drive
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Pulehu, an Italian Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pulehurestaurantmaui.com/
- Phone: 8086673254x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Monday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Wine Social: Sunday, Monday 5:00pm, Limited Seating
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francois Milliet, Wesley Holder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Antoinette Vlahakis at Antoinette.Vlahakis@westin.com or (808) 357-1874 to book your next event at Pulehu!
- Special Events: We offer monthly wine maker dinners.
A word from Pulehu, an Italian Grill
Satisfy your palate at Pulehu, winner of the Maui Magazine's "No Ka Oi 'aipono" awards in 2012 & 2013--Gold for Best Italian on Maui and Silver for Best Wine List! Serving delicious traditional cuisine with a local sustainable twist, our rich flavors are sure win over your palate. Savor specialties such as Duetto of Bruschetta, Local Vine Ripe Caprese, Herb Marinated Baked Mahi Mahi, Chianti Braised Short Ribs and classic Lasagna. If you plan to dine early, ask for our 3-course Tramonto Sunset Menu with delectable options at special pricing. Plus treat yourself to the impeccable wine dinner events presented throughout the year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pulehu, an Italian Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (23)special occasion (21)scenic view (15)fit for foodies (15)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- AmazingKris10Dined on 10/18/2014Every bit of food was amazing and the service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014What a beautiful restaurant! We had an excellent dinner, each dish was perfect. Our server was knowledgeable and very friendly with our kids. It's nice to find a "fancy" restaurant that isn't pretencious. It was truly lovely and would have been very romantic if we didn't have our kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Great food and service. Making a reservation at open table was very simple convenient.Special Features:
- Best Italian Restaurant on MauiMikeDined on 10/9/2014I can see why this restaurant won the best Italian restaurant on Maui in the Maui Na Ka Oi Magazine annual survey. The food is excellent and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014I'm a regular at Pulehu! It's the best, hands down!!Special Features:
- Unpleasant SurpriseElluminatedDined on 9/25/2014We dined here on our last night at the villas, since my father had raved about their last visit to the grill. Unfortunately, the experience was disappointing all around. The quality of the food did not meet our expectations, based on previous experience and also the price point - even my daughter's spaghetti was pretty mediocre.
- Excellent food.RonaldDined on 9/5/2014Our fish dinner was prepared perfectly on a very busy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Dinner with FriendsFoodloverDined on 9/5/2014We had dinner at Pulehu with another couple at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas. It was a truly great meal with good friends. I had the Risotto Crusted Pesce, my husband and the other lady had the scallops, and the other gentleman had spaghetti and meatballs. Every one of us were very happy with our meals. We also shared a couple of bottles of Pinot Noir which went really well with all the dinners. It was really a fun and memorable evening due to the great service and the fabulous setting.Special Features:
- Arrival dinner...PatrickVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great first night in Maui dinner after the flight from the Mainland.Special Features:
- Heavenly Fare!FifthChildDined on 8/23/2014We were a party of 6 and each one of us raved about our choices. My chicken picatta was so satisying and the flavors so delicious I didn't want to taste anyone else's dish! My husband was also in heaven over his Prawn Risotto. Dessert also did not disappoint. Our 10 yr. old was with us and it was kid-friendly. We're going back tonight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodcrazyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Over priced for what you get. Even my 6yo daughter's plate of pasta with butter and cheese was $16. Service was slow. Settled on some starters for entrees and food was "ok". Nice setting if you get a table on the terrace.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/11/2014We haven't tried this spot in quite a while as first time was not so good, but read all the reviews and decided to give it another try. Food was delicious. The rissoto crusted pesce was cooked to perfection - several of us had that and would definately order it again. The sweet potato gnocchi also very tasty. Cheese plate delish and plentiful with a good selection of cheese. It did take a while to get our drink order from the bar initially, but after that the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Last two trips to Maui, made special point to go here. Didn't disappoint! Very good service, friendly, not open enough daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambianceCarolinaDined on 7/28/2014The ambiance was wonderful it wasn't too noisy and even though it was an open air restaurant they still have the air conditioners running so it was nice and cool. They have a koi fish pond which is very tranquil. Everything was delicious and the service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageGEAUXLSUGIRLDined on 7/27/2014Table seating was good with great view of the koi pond. Food presentation was nice, but taste was average. Had to request salt & pepper as it wasn't provided on table and food needed flavor. Service was just okay; waitress seemed to be in a rush to get us out of there even though they weren't busy and weren't closing for two hours. Overall, just barely average.Special Features:
- Mixed vibeBLESSED34Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at this restaurant. We were very satisfied with our food preparation, presentation and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CravingJamiep808Dined on 7/20/2014I went here for my bday a few months ago, have been craving it since...went back to satisfy the urge, now I'm back to wanting some more!!! This place rocks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service, Great Foodaacole2000Dined on 7/14/2014We dined in on after 8pm on a Monday night and our small party was seated in a large comfortable booth overlooking the koi pond. We enjoyed the breadsticks, especially with the salted butter, and our server was very attentive and kept our water glasses full at all times. The calamari appetizer was a bit overcooked, and I would not order that again. Loved the lasagna and the margherita pizza was very good. I asked for extra basil topping after we received the pizza and it was brought to our table quickly. We were stuffed when we left and very happy.Special Features:
- Sucked !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014We were in Maui for 13 days an this was the worst restaurant we ate at... ...not to mention the most expensive. We could not even find the place...it is NOT IN the Westin.
- Just OKVKoutnaboutDined on 6/27/2014Food was not very good. Service was fine. Nothing exceptional.
- The following 297 reviews are from the Pulehu, an Italian Grill reviews archive.
- A surprisingly nice placeAAAEDined on 6/15/2014Located at the westin ocean villas. Good food service and ambience. It's our second visit. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnervolcomstoneDined on 6/7/2014The food was excellent. Service was great. The only small complaint is the mosquitos. Other than that we all thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Pulehu. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food!Kml935Dined on 6/5/2014The good was excellent and so was the service! My husband and I went after sunset. It was a romantic setting and we were seated right by the pond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.localsVIPDined on 6/1/2014Thought the food would be much better. Too much of heavy cheese sauces and limited choices.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDinerDined on 5/29/2014Service was outstanding , our waiter Drew was attentive and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not notableFood2eatVIPDined on 5/16/2014We have eaten at many Italian rest in our Lives and this was not good it lacked Taste,presentation, and way to costly For a chicken dinner .
- Nice JobCorkedVIPDined on 5/12/2014Food was great! Succeeded at all levels. From the hostesses, to the bartender, to our server Benji, Mager was friendly and came to chat and open our wine. The kitchen nailed it with each course. Lobster Carbonara sealed the deal. We will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful meal, wonderful serverLilliDined on 5/10/20144 of us enjoyed a fabulous meal made all the better by our server who was knowledgable, friendly and attentitive.Special Features:
- The best on MauiRobbyDined on 5/9/2014Absolutely the best place to dine on Maui. Great service, great wines, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Adequate ServiceRayneDined on 5/5/2014We had reservations and were seated fairly quickly. The food was outstanding. We had the fettuccine Alfredo with chicken, which took a little getting used to due to the wine in the sauce, and the lasagna, which was scaldingly hot but amazingly rich and delicious. However, as we sat waiting for our food, we found it odd that we were not offered any sort of bread in such a classy establishment. We noticed that a table across from us, which had a different server, had a cup of nice-looking breadsticks with their appetizers. Later, as we left, we saw that pretty much every table in the restaurant had the same sticks. Only the tables in our server's area had none. Guess he made a command decision not to provide them to his customers that night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience but poor fooddineoutqueenDined on 5/5/2014The food was not worth the cost. No flavor. Outrageous prices.The Pineapple Tiramasu was really a cake soaked in pineapple syrup!!Special Features:
- PerfectLovefoodDined on 5/3/2014Everything was top notch. Our table was by the Koi pond. I would recommend reservations if you want to sit in that area. There were 4 of us and all ordered something different and all of them were wonderful, dessert included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food on the island????TheWafflerDined on 5/3/2014If this is the best I want to taste the worst. I ordered the squid ink tagliatelle with calamari and sausage. I could barely chew through the calamari, and I'm not sure what prompted them to use a pound of Jimmy Dean ground sausage in one of their entrees but it was horrible. My wife had lobster carbonara and the sauce was clumpy. It can be hard to get carbonara right, when you're a home chef, but for $30+ for that plate alone, I expect it to be done right. It wasn't all bad, the drinks were amazing and our caprese salad with burrata was great too. Maybe stick to drinks and appetizers here and you'll be happy and save a lot of money too.Special Features:
- Great Foodmaui808girlDined on 4/24/2014I brought my best friend for dinner and we both really enjoyed it. We had some left overs and brought it home to our kids. They said the food tasted great and wanted more. We loved our server. She was very imformative and it was a nice touch to have Chef Wes stop by everyone's table. I definately spread the word. I didn't realize they had 50% off on Thursday for Kamaina's. We had to rush out, but we will definately dine again.Special Features:
- Good food, selection and servicecaligirlDined on 4/18/2014The food was good, decent selection and we had a great view of the grounds and the ocean. The service was good and we enjoyed our dinner there. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/11/2014for a restaurant of this quality, the service was substandard Our appetizer arrived before our first glass of wine food was well done
- A perfect way to end a trip in Mau.KarenDined on 4/11/2014Dining at the Pulehu was a great way to spend our last night in Maui. Our hostess and waitress provided excellent service. The wine choice recommended by the waitress was superb. The lasagne I ordered was delicious and could easily feed two people. Our table overlooked the ocean and the infinity pool was close enough to touch. The ambience is quiet and relaxed, probably better suited for adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCorbuDined on 4/4/2014The food and service from Cynthia was exceptional. One of our favorites with a beautiful view as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great, !!DaniVIPDined on 3/29/2014Pulehu I is a favourite among our group and we return every year. My children love the pizza's and the meatballs. The main menu is equally delicious. A plus is that it is located in the resort we stay at every year.Special Features:
- Good food, very friendly knowledgabOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Good food, very friendly knowledgable waitress, reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.