Pulehu, an Italian Grill
6 Kai Ala Drive
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Pulehu, an Italian Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pulehurestaurantmaui.com/
- Phone: (808) 667-3254
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Monday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Wine Social: Sunday, Monday 5:00pm, Limited Seating
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francois Milliet, Wesley Holder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Antoinette Vlahakis at Antoinette.Vlahakis@westin.com or (808) 357-1874 to book your next event at Pulehu!
- Special Events: We offer monthly wine maker dinners.
A word from Pulehu, an Italian Grill
Satisfy your palate at Pulehu, winner of the Maui Magazine's "No Ka Oi 'aipono" awards in 2012 & 2013--Gold for Best Italian on Maui and Silver for Best Wine List! Serving delicious traditional cuisine with a local sustainable twist, our rich flavors are sure win over your palate. Savor specialties such as Duetto of Bruschetta, Local Vine Ripe Caprese, Herb Marinated Baked Mahi Mahi, Chianti Braised Short Ribs and classic Lasagna. If you plan to dine early, ask for our 3-course Tramonto Sunset Menu with delectable options at special pricing. Plus treat yourself to the impeccable wine dinner events presented throughout the year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Pulehu, an Italian Grill - Best Restaurants in Kaanapali ›
Pulehu, an Italian Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (26)special occasion (23)fit for foodies (20)scenic view (18)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- great homemade pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Overall a good dinner experience, homemade pasta was excellent, wine was great and the Caesar salad was okay. Nice atmosphere too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting, great meal & serviceWatchinDaBearsVIPDined on 10/31/2014A nice restaurant in a timeshare property was an unexpected find. The selections for our meals were ample and very well-prepared, and the presentation was excellent. Our waiter was knowledgeable of both the menu and the wine list, and he enlisted the advice of the bartender in suggestions for a wine selection of which he did not have personal experience; the result was a delightful bottle of d'alba which went well with both my wife's and my entrée selections. A return visit to Pulehu is definitely in order on our next visit to West Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Westin TreasureDickDined on 10/30/2014A good Italian restaurant right where we stayed! Very convenient & great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful hidden gemBobbieDined on 10/25/2014A great restaurant that is literally hidden from view in the north tower of the Westin KOR. The food is Italian-local fusion. Romantic setting by the koi pond. Service is fun and friendly. We have celebrated two anniversaries there and plan to make it a habit.Special Features:
- Nice resort dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2014We have dinned here on previous visits. Great fresh ideas, vegetables and fish. Took a little too long to serve our meal between salad and main course. We all chose the same dish, pasta, calamari and sausage, and there was probably a fifteen minute and I felt my pasta could have been warmer. Nice wait staff, water glass never empty. Will come back again as the menu has a lot to offer and nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKris10Dined on 10/18/2014Every bit of food was amazing and the service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFoodieparentpickykidsDined on 10/16/2014What a beautiful restaurant! We had an excellent dinner, each dish was perfect. Our server was knowledgeable and very friendly with our kids. It's nice to find a "fancy" restaurant that isn't pretencious. It was truly lovely and would have been very romantic if we didn't have our kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restauranttravelsnob70Dined on 10/13/2014Great food and service. Making a reservation at open table was very simple convenient.Special Features:
- Best Italian Restaurant on MauiMikeDined on 10/9/2014I can see why this restaurant won the best Italian restaurant on Maui in the Maui Na Ka Oi Magazine annual survey. The food is excellent and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014I'm a regular at Pulehu! It's the best, hands down!!Special Features:
- Unpleasant SurpriseElluminatedDined on 9/25/2014We dined here on our last night at the villas, since my father had raved about their last visit to the grill. Unfortunately, the experience was disappointing all around. The quality of the food did not meet our expectations, based on previous experience and also the price point - even my daughter's spaghetti was pretty mediocre.
- A pleasant surpriseLadibugVIPDined on 9/11/2014I usually avoid the restaurants in the resorts. But it was convenient and was advertised to be one of the best. They were not wrong. Comfortable setting, fabulous food, and we had the best waiter! Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent food.RonaldDined on 9/5/2014Our fish dinner was prepared perfectly on a very busy evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Dinner with FriendsFoodloverDined on 9/5/2014We had dinner at Pulehu with another couple at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas. It was a truly great meal with good friends. I had the Risotto Crusted Pesce, my husband and the other lady had the scallops, and the other gentleman had spaghetti and meatballs. Every one of us were very happy with our meals. We also shared a couple of bottles of Pinot Noir which went really well with all the dinners. It was really a fun and memorable evening due to the great service and the fabulous setting.Special Features:
- Arrival dinner...PatrickVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great first night in Maui dinner after the flight from the Mainland.Special Features:
- Heavenly Fare!FifthChildDined on 8/23/2014We were a party of 6 and each one of us raved about our choices. My chicken picatta was so satisying and the flavors so delicious I didn't want to taste anyone else's dish! My husband was also in heaven over his Prawn Risotto. Dessert also did not disappoint. Our 10 yr. old was with us and it was kid-friendly. We're going back tonight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodcrazyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Over priced for what you get. Even my 6yo daughter's plate of pasta with butter and cheese was $16. Service was slow. Settled on some starters for entrees and food was "ok". Nice setting if you get a table on the terrace.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/11/2014We haven't tried this spot in quite a while as first time was not so good, but read all the reviews and decided to give it another try. Food was delicious. The rissoto crusted pesce was cooked to perfection - several of us had that and would definately order it again. The sweet potato gnocchi also very tasty. Cheese plate delish and plentiful with a good selection of cheese. It did take a while to get our drink order from the bar initially, but after that the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Last two trips to Maui, made special point to go here. Didn't disappoint! Very good service, friendly, not open enough daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 304 reviews are from the Pulehu, an Italian Grill reviews archive.
- Wonderful ambianceCarolinaDined on 7/28/2014The ambiance was wonderful it wasn't too noisy and even though it was an open air restaurant they still have the air conditioners running so it was nice and cool. They have a koi fish pond which is very tranquil. Everything was delicious and the service was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageGEAUXLSUGIRLDined on 7/27/2014Table seating was good with great view of the koi pond. Food presentation was nice, but taste was average. Had to request salt & pepper as it wasn't provided on table and food needed flavor. Service was just okay; waitress seemed to be in a rush to get us out of there even though they weren't busy and weren't closing for two hours. Overall, just barely average.Special Features:
- Mixed vibeBLESSED34Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at this restaurant. We were very satisfied with our food preparation, presentation and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CravingJamiep808Dined on 7/20/2014I went here for my bday a few months ago, have been craving it since...went back to satisfy the urge, now I'm back to wanting some more!!! This place rocks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service, Great Foodaacole2000Dined on 7/14/2014We dined in on after 8pm on a Monday night and our small party was seated in a large comfortable booth overlooking the koi pond. We enjoyed the breadsticks, especially with the salted butter, and our server was very attentive and kept our water glasses full at all times. The calamari appetizer was a bit overcooked, and I would not order that again. Loved the lasagna and the margherita pizza was very good. I asked for extra basil topping after we received the pizza and it was brought to our table quickly. We were stuffed when we left and very happy.Special Features:
- Sucked !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014We were in Maui for 13 days an this was the worst restaurant we ate at... ...not to mention the most expensive. We could not even find the place...it is NOT IN the Westin.
- Just OKVKoutnaboutDined on 6/27/2014Food was not very good. Service was fine. Nothing exceptional.
- A surprisingly nice placeAAAEDined on 6/15/2014Located at the westin ocean villas. Good food service and ambience. It's our second visit. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnervolcomstoneDined on 6/7/2014The food was excellent. Service was great. The only small complaint is the mosquitos. Other than that we all thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Pulehu. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food!Kml935Dined on 6/5/2014The good was excellent and so was the service! My husband and I went after sunset. It was a romantic setting and we were seated right by the pond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.localsVIPDined on 6/1/2014Thought the food would be much better. Too much of heavy cheese sauces and limited choices.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDinerDined on 5/29/2014Service was outstanding , our waiter Drew was attentive and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not notableFood2eatVIPDined on 5/16/2014We have eaten at many Italian rest in our Lives and this was not good it lacked Taste,presentation, and way to costly For a chicken dinner .
- Nice JobCorkedVIPDined on 5/12/2014Food was great! Succeeded at all levels. From the hostesses, to the bartender, to our server Benji, Mager was friendly and came to chat and open our wine. The kitchen nailed it with each course. Lobster Carbonara sealed the deal. We will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful meal, wonderful serverLilliDined on 5/10/20144 of us enjoyed a fabulous meal made all the better by our server who was knowledgable, friendly and attentitive.Special Features:
- The best on MauiRobbyDined on 5/9/2014Absolutely the best place to dine on Maui. Great service, great wines, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Adequate ServiceRayneDined on 5/5/2014We had reservations and were seated fairly quickly. The food was outstanding. We had the fettuccine Alfredo with chicken, which took a little getting used to due to the wine in the sauce, and the lasagna, which was scaldingly hot but amazingly rich and delicious. However, as we sat waiting for our food, we found it odd that we were not offered any sort of bread in such a classy establishment. We noticed that a table across from us, which had a different server, had a cup of nice-looking breadsticks with their appetizers. Later, as we left, we saw that pretty much every table in the restaurant had the same sticks. Only the tables in our server's area had none. Guess he made a command decision not to provide them to his customers that night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience but poor fooddineoutqueenDined on 5/5/2014The food was not worth the cost. No flavor. Outrageous prices.The Pineapple Tiramasu was really a cake soaked in pineapple syrup!!Special Features:
- PerfectLovefoodDined on 5/3/2014Everything was top notch. Our table was by the Koi pond. I would recommend reservations if you want to sit in that area. There were 4 of us and all ordered something different and all of them were wonderful, dessert included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food on the island????TheWafflerDined on 5/3/2014If this is the best I want to taste the worst. I ordered the squid ink tagliatelle with calamari and sausage. I could barely chew through the calamari, and I'm not sure what prompted them to use a pound of Jimmy Dean ground sausage in one of their entrees but it was horrible. My wife had lobster carbonara and the sauce was clumpy. It can be hard to get carbonara right, when you're a home chef, but for $30+ for that plate alone, I expect it to be done right. It wasn't all bad, the drinks were amazing and our caprese salad with burrata was great too. Maybe stick to drinks and appetizers here and you'll be happy and save a lot of money too.Special Features:
- Great Foodmaui808girlDined on 4/24/2014I brought my best friend for dinner and we both really enjoyed it. We had some left overs and brought it home to our kids. They said the food tasted great and wanted more. We loved our server. She was very imformative and it was a nice touch to have Chef Wes stop by everyone's table. I definately spread the word. I didn't realize they had 50% off on Thursday for Kamaina's. We had to rush out, but we will definately dine again.Special Features: